Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


5,551 to 5,600 of 7,682 << first < prev | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | next > last >>

M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

ROUND 2

Current AC: 24 due to trait

I wanna take out the hurt ones, but that puts me in range of three sets of jaws. Better to stand ground and tkae THIS guy out . .

Stay put, and concentrate all attacks on teh uninjured one in front.

Attack (Frost Burst): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
Damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + (4) = 16

Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Attack (Frost Burst): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 10 + (6) = 20

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


The spider collapses with a strange shrieking sound as Vaughn pushes his daggers between the chitinous plates of its shell. boo


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

You mean booYAH baby!!!! NEEEEEEXT!!!


I guess Salfon is really gone ;( now that Shifty and Kyren are gone until tomorrow, this fight will go into slowmo-mode :)


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Nice work!


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3
Alcheringa wrote:
Nice work!

Bazinga!! Now let's see if I can take it as well as dish it out.

I'm fine with assuming a weekend delay.


Jinx' Initiative1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Rd2:

Spiders (resolved)
Jinx
Vaughn (resolved)
Al (resolved)
Kyren
Salfon
Berry

Battle Mat


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"AHOY!"

A strange little creature, standing far shy of the 3' mark, casually walks up next to the wounded Alcheringa and turns to take in what is so engrossing south of their position.

His hemi-fetid breath is a melange of pickled snails and the sweet stench of women's perfume. Lazily lounging atop the goblin's bulbous sick-hued skull is a ratty bicorn cocked akimbo at a jaunty angle, perhaps an early warning sign of the twisted creature that has donned it. One bulbous crimson orb is visible, the other residing behind a threadbare eyepatch, scant inches above the noises that drew your attention before he announced his presence. If the crepitus sound of masticated snail shells is not enough to make the druid lose your lunch, the eruption of snail guts, wrought by needle-sharp teeth lancing into one of the tougher molluscs, is bound to. Wiping his too large mouth with the back of his green-skinned hand, leaves you wondering if he is smiling or simply leaving his maw agape to eat off your face.

With the mismatched bicorn hat, eyepatch, stereotypical captain's outfit his clothes give at least a passing impression of what a pirate might wear, if the goblin had ever met a pirate.

After waving to Silklur he continues walking until he is in the middle of the fray with the arachnids. Wandering closer he looks up at each of you, and more importantly your belongings, as a prospective home buyer might survey a new property, and says, "Permission to come aboard?"

There is a space of a few heartbeats before he remembers to add an awkward "Arrr" at the end of his sentence.

Jinx smiles, in what he hopes is a friendly manner, but it's just all sorts of disconcerting.


Silklur throws his feathery arms up in exaspiration as soon as he notices the goblin

Where you be? Useless bomb detector you are!


A 'bomb detector' of sorts he must be, since he only carries a heavy eyeless child's toy, rather than any weaponry. Jinx cocks his head to the side as if the answer was obvious to all present,

"Me hunt a trap,
Fall flat on face,
Take little nap,
Stand now here in dis place."

Running his fingers along his belt he tucks in the conspicuous rat's tail lest it betray the rationale for his departure, or worse have someone else grow hungry and want to share the sumptuous repast that awaits.

Poking the fallen spider with his doll he wonders how it would taste if he pickled it.

"Who them?"


Not you just stand there and make silly rhymes! Attack attack! Protect me! the impertinent tengu shouts while he hides behind Berry.


Sidling up next to Vaughn, since he is not quite sure whose side the great cat might be on, especially with how it glances back at the tasty tengu from time to time, glances he also shared since raw tengu flesh sounds might tempting. Then again eating a big cat with a tengu inside sounds so much more appetizing. Now if he could just get the tengu to eat a rat: Catratengu.

A line of spittle falls from his gaping maw.

The motion is shielded by the eyepatch, but Jinx blinks one eye and then the other, separately from one another, as if only then fully realizing the truth of the situation around him. He certainly was not going to skulk in behind the one with the other bug right behind it, thank you very much no siree.

Jinx had attracted enough attention already, and with that in mind he works on doing his best impression of blending into the backdrop:
Stealth: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (14) + 24 = 38

The child's doll is cocked back and ready to be aggressively swung in case someone does glance his way.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

I glance down below my navel, seeing the strange-looking green guy wielding a doll (?!?!).

Watch it, shorty--don't get in my way, you're gonna get stepped on!!


Two adventurous fingers, up to the second knuckle for both, had traversed up Jinx' left nostril, acting the role of fishermen in search of sustenance that clings to the side of the flesh cavern's wall. Vaughn's words shake the goblin from his reverie, which also evicts the be-sodden fingers, leaving behind a long string of accusatory ick between face and phalanges.

Crimson eyes widen, well at least you imagine that the second eye wides, though it's just conjecture since it is hidden behind the eyepatch, staring in mouth agape wonderment that the human had seen him when hiding. No one saw him when he was hiding. This man must be special.

Reaching out he grabs hold of Vaughn's leg for a moment and gives him an awkward and seriously snotty hug. "You smart. Me like you." The words were a bit difficult to understand since they were spoken around the fingers jammed deep into his mouth.

Jinx was far too polite to point out that by the looks of Vaughn, he should also heed advice about getting stepped on, because the man looked like someone had used him to play a rousing game of punt orc.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Round 2

Kyren moves his hands in somatic gestures and release another volley of arcane bolts as he casts magic missile when he utters the following words, "Alakazacknid, bolts hit the Arachnid!"

Magic Missile 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3, 1) + 3 = 10 at AW30.

[b]"Watch out, Daggers, it looks like you have a little admirer!"[b]


Will you also post Salfon's actions?

Three colourful orbs smash into the spider's side and make it's hair stand on end. Even though they don't cause visible harm, the spider seems weaker afterwards.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Bomb at S most spider.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
3d4 + 7 ⇒ (2, 2, 2) + 7 = 13
1d8 ⇒ 3Splash if misses.

Oh that's lucky

AW30 and AY30 take 10 acid damage. A DC17 reflex save halves this damage.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

the trouble with posting Salfon's actions is, he doesn't have a "spells prepared" section on his char sheet. If he had Neutralize Poison, or Slow Poison, I'm sure he'd cast that to save Al . . . but we dont' know!


Hmmz...you may just make up a "spells prepared" section. Sadly he will leave us fight the battle anyway.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

ROUND 2

Salfon casts Delay Poison on Alcheringa, hoping the heroes can find a permanent cure forthwith!


Jinx leans in close to scrutinize Kyren, ensuring that the halfling has no kobold, horse, dog or gnome blood running through his veins, before flashing a gap-toothed smile that turns to distrustful awe at the overt display of magic that rips past his head.

Lip seal and then part just wide enough to let forth a prolonged, "Oooohhh, pretty."

Berry's lob is perceived and tracked with a tinge of confusion until it erupts, and then the tiny rogue claps his hands together in excitement.

"Me like."


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Jinx Wigglesnort wrote:
Lip seal and then part just wide enough to let forth a prolonged, "Oooohhh, pretty."

Kyren gives the little creature an impatient look of exasperation. "Oh Crazzleboks! Where in the world did you come from? Are you really what I think you are, a little goblin green fiend?"

Kyren calls to the others. "Look out everyone! Unidentified green fiend alert! Exercise all caution! We are not alone! I repeat, we are not alone!"


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Berry focusing on the spiders ignores the strange halfling's outburst.

"We'll feed the green fiend to the tiger later! Spiders now!"


Rd3:

Spiders (resolved)
Jinx
Vaughn
Al
Kyren
Salfon
Berry

Decimated but in no way demoralised, the spiders keep their mindless attack up. As Berry's bomb hits, both monsters

Reflex save1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Reflex save1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

are too occupied with attacking to dodge.

Mutated Skull Spider attacking Vaughn/ Mandibles1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Mutated Skull Spider attacking Vaughn/ Mandibles1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

If hit, remember to save

Battle Mat


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Round 3

Kyren takes a few steps back to AS34, gives the goblin a cautious glance and then utters this to him. "If you like that last one, just wait until you see this!"

Kyren begins waving his hands in dramatic somatic gestures and with a commanding voice declares, "Zubadacrown, let the Fire Strike Him Down!" as he casts Scorching Ray at the spider at AV30.

Ray Touch Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Fire Damage 4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 2) = 7

Damn, my scorching ray of fire just doesn't seem to have enough juice sometimes! Well, at least it looks impressive!


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Fort save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 <--crap on a stick!!

The addition of poison to the mix is too much for me after the grossness of the previous hour, and I succumb.

Poison (Round 1): Con damage 1d4 ⇒ 4
Current Con = 12 and Vaughn is In a Bad Way.

All attacks are against the spider in front of me; if it goes down adn I have attacks left, remainder hit the other dude.

Attack (Frost Burst): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 <--threat!!
Damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 10 + (1) = 15

Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
Damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Attack (Frost Burst): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 10 + (5) = 19

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1d10 ⇒ (1) + 10 + (3) = 14


Tossing a dirty thumb at his tiny chest the goblin proclaims, "Me Jinx", as if that would explain everything to everyone's satisfaction.

The conflagration is sufficient to spark the diminutive rogue's interest in having Kyren survive another day, if only for more fire shows, or perhaps because the halfling is a god of sorts, or it could be explained simply as a whim that pushes him into action to move closer to the little guy and launch an attack.

A relatively large sack, smelling of tar, resin, and other sticky substances, finds its way into his non-doll-wielding hand and is launched at the closest spider.

Tanglefoot Bag: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


@ Jinx: Please include Dcs for spells, items and abilities you use, even if it something as common as a tanglefoot bag.

Rd3:

Spiders (resolved)
Jinx (resolved)
Vaughn (resolved)
Al
Kyren (resolved)
Salfon
Berry

Warned by the effect of the last thing that was hurled at them, the spiders try to dodge away from the goblin's garbage bag.

Reflex save1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Reflex save1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

The spider glued to the floor is only seconds later turned into ragout by Vaughn's elemental daggers.

Battle Mat


Male Aasimar Fighter 1/ Cleric 5

Suddenly from behind the group (AP 30) a powerful and deep voice calls out, "Iomadae heal these worthy warriors that they may fight evil another day!" as a tall figure in gleaming fullplate and a crimson cloak raises it's glowing sword. The sword flashes once before a wave of soothing white energy explodes from the blade and washes over the group.

Channel Energy
3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 1) = 10

Initiative
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


I guess you have no special ability to not also channel to the spiders?


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

R3
Alcheringa AC18 HP 35/50 (con 6) - Delayed Posion (Pass 1)
Blaze AC18 HP 36/54 - Poisoned
[Post Channel]

Blaze
Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Dam 1d4 ⇒ 1

Alcheringa: Heal Skill - Treat Poison on self 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 v DC 20
Fort Save 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 4 = 26


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"I thought this stupid ossuary had like no one in it! It's as crowded as the city!"


Male Aasimar Fighter 1/ Cleric 5

Hmm, miscounted. So yeah I healed the spider closest to Vaughn. Yay for mistake on intro!


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"I don't know who this fella is, but I think I trust him a little more than little green fiend, even if he does look a little pious."


If no one rolls for or uses Salfon's action I just assume he waited last round. We still need Berry's rd 3 action then.

Rd4:

Spiders
Jinx
Vaughn
Al
Kyren
Theras
Berry

Battle Mat


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6
Zyren DM wrote:
If no one rolls for or uses Salfon's action I just assume he waited last round.

Salfron tends to Blazes poison...

Heal - Blaze 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Which means Blaze made the save this round!


Male Aasimar Fighter 1/ Cleric 5

Free action

"We can do introductions later my freinds but for now I beg of you to trust my good intentions. Iomadae surely foresaw this moment and your need for us to cross paths and I will aid you in this fight!" The figure says taking a firmer grip on his glowing blade and broad sheild that proudly displayed a downward pointing longsword whose hilt and crossgaurd were surrounded by a golden sunburst.

Never played a character with intimidate and diplomacy before. Should be fun.


The spiders don't care :)


Male Aasimar Fighter 1/ Cleric 5

They will when I put my size 20's up their spinneretts. Semper Fi stupid arachnids. Get some!


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

We can't simply waste Salfy's actions. Here he goes.

Round 3

The pilgrim rushes up to AU32 and attacks the spider at AV31.

Masterwork Cold Iron Scimitar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Round 4

Salfon continues his attack against the spider at AV31.

Masterwork Cold Iron Scimitar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Man, Salfy needs some practice with that scimitar!"

-----------------------

Round 4

Kyren Tosscobble will fire off another volley of Magic Missiles at AV31.

Moving his hands in his favorite somatic gestures, the halfling releases the arcane blasts with the following words. "Zapazapanu, you know what to do!!"

Magic Missile 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 4) + 3 = 13


lol, guys, using Salfon's actions twice does not make it better :) I take Al's idea for rd3 and Kyrens for rd 4


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Berry? Round 3 action? Can't advance without you .. .


Male Aasimar Fighter 1/ Cleric 5

RD. 4

The armored figure brings the sword up to it's visored face and begins to chant in a strange language.

In celestial
Iomadae goddess of valor and light I beg of thee, ward this armor.

Cast Magic Vestment on my fullplate. 26 AC with shield for 5 hours. Is it possible for me to move to AT 31?


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Bomb at S most spider.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
3d4 + 7 ⇒ (3, 1, 2) + 7 = 13
1d8 ⇒ 6 ⇒ 3Splash if misses.

If that missed it must make a save forhalf of 10 damage DC17.


Shaking his head before Kyren even finishes his warm greeting, the goblin retorts, "Me not 'fiend'. Me Jinx. You hear like old person make humpies."

The little rogue sings to himself in the goblin tongue, as he tosses a dart at the spider squared off against Vaughn:

"Half a 'ling' have wax in ears,
Half a 'ling' have facts not hears.
Tell words not make sense,
Brain made wood or something as dense."

Dart: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Reflex save1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

the spider is caught in the explosion and thrown against the wall...there's an ugly cracking noise as parts of its chitinous armour splinter.

But then it quickly scurries over to Vaughn and together with its specimen try to overcome him

Mutated Skull Spider Vaughn/ Mandibles1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Confirm Mandibles1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Mutated Skull Spider Vaughn/ Mandibles1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

not bad

Jinx' dart isn't even noticed by the monsters - at least they don't show it.

Battle Mat


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

ROUND 4
Fort save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

the bites are too much . . .Vaughn falls to the beasts.

Current HP: -9

Stabilize: 1d20 - 9 + 3 ⇒ (18) - 9 + 3 = 12 vs DC 10 = STABLE

Good luck guys!


I have to admit that Desna smiled upon the spiders.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

As one of my favorite bands, The Uninvited said,
"Lady Luck, she's a psychopathic mother
And lately she ain't pickin' up the phone!"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Berry and that Goblin, move please!"

I'd like rows AU and AT plzkthx, you guys still have a move action unused right? Awaiting outcome...

5,551 to 5,600 of 7,682 << first < prev | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.