Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


5,501 to 5,550 of 7,680 << first < prev | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | next > last >>

Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Alcheringa starts looking for the mechanism, but is distracted trying to keep his cat away from the giant talking bird.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Where is the secret door? Do you know where there is a mechanism?"

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Kyren joins in the search for a secret door or mechanism to open one, but seems mostly distracted by Alchy distracting his cat from the talking bird.

"Here Blaze, Kitty, Kitty! Let's leave the crazy bird man alone!"


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

Without even acknowledging the bird mans revelation Berry searches on and along the edges of the wall.

1d20 + 23 ⇒ (6) + 23 = 29 Perception

How long has it been since Berry downed her elixir?


About half an hour

While Al and Kayren fail in finding a mechanism of some sort, Berry's piercing gaze quickly falls on a loose piece of stone. Behind it is a small button. push?

The tengu nods and sidesteps away from blaze Good button, opens door! Press it!


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"You press it" Alcheringa retorts.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Step back and I will show you how to press the button." Moving his hand in somatic gestures with a final pointing motion, Kyren casts Mage Hand and pushes the button from a safe distance. "Presto Alakaband, Move through the air with a hidden hand!"


A screeching noise ensues after the button clicked. The whole wall slowly sinks into the ground and opens the view on a gigantic chamber. The ceiling of this cavernous chamber vaults to a height of sixty feet, forming an architectural wonder unsupported by any visible columns or buttresses. Forty feet overhead, a wide stone bridge with an elaborately carved railing arches over the chamber form south to north, joining two sets of massive bronze doors at either end. The central portion of the chamber contains an inlaid spiral symbol and is recessed into the floor, with eight staircases leading up to a wide ledge that encircles the room ten foot above. on this ledge stand bronze doors to the east and west. Eight larger than life statues stand upon the ledge as well, evenly spaced around the room's circumfence - seven carved from white stone and the eights carved from black stone.

You have entered the room from behind one of the seven white statues

Crypt


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Crazzleboks, whoever made this door, needs to consider a little grease once in a while." Kyren will follow the others into the great carvern and look around in wonder.

"Holy Kazam! What an amazing place! Look at that stone bridge and all of the statues. This looks like it's quite a chamber."

Next, Kyren waves his hands in somatic flourishes to cast detect magic. "Trelaura Melaura, let me see the Aura!" The Tosscobble sorcerer attempts to see if the statues, the spiral or anything else in the room radiates any magic.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Interesting statues..."

He lets Kyren finish his check "They magic Kyren?"


The staues emanate a strong magical aura, but besides them, the room contains no other signs of magic.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Alcheringa wrote:
""They magic Kyren?"

"That's an affirmative, Alchy! We have a strong aura emanating from each of them, but I do not sense any other magic."

Kyren follows closely behind Alchy and Blaze and keeps vigilant for anything that could pose dangerous to the Wee Bluets.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Spellcraft 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Can Kyren determine a type of school of magic emanates from the statues or what properties they may have?


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Golems?"
Alcheringa moves forward to the closest statue, staying out of reach...

Perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Prof (Golemsmith) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

You...actually have profession golemsmith?

Carefuly observing the room she paces slowly counting each step as she cautiously checks the ground between herself and the golems.

1d20 + 23 ⇒ (18) + 23 = 41+3 for traps. Perception.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Yep - Alcheringa is a bit of an esoteric hippy, got right into the blending of the bones of the earth with the great magical energy of the cosmos... man...it's like her children have used her gifts to make life, man, and thats like, amazing.... this his fixation with the 'art' inherent within magical items. He doesn't really care about keeping them, because thats just materialistic, he just digs the art. And after hanging out at the Ardocs workshop earlier in the campaign he spent his time learning the mojo.


Male Orc Expert 5
Alcheringa wrote:
Yep - Alcheringa is a bit of an esoteric hippy,

[ooc]I know a druid who would absolutely despise you.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa despises most of the other Druids, so that kinda works. he thinks they are all idiots who seek to just return to being artless troglodytes with no appreciation of working with nature.


The statues are just statues and Alcheringa's trained eyes can't make out any golem-typical details. After some more consideration of the aura, Kyren is pretty sure that some kind of evocation magic slumbers within the statues.

A perception Berry agrees to: a shocking grasp spell will lash out at anyone who dares to touch the statues...at least the white ones - there is no such aura around the black statue.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"I don't think they are golems this time, Alchy, but with evocation magic flowing through them, I think the white ones are loaded with some touch triggered nastiness! Crazzleboks! Everybody look, but do not touch!"


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

OK, don't touch the white statues, I cna do that. Shall we head south?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Well, let's check out this room as best we can, and then see where the bronze doors on the bridge leads us. Do you have a preference over north or south?"

Kyren follows the others in the great chamber and looks around carefully for any secret passages, people and/or objects in the room.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


The large room is empty and your steps echo from the walls and ceilings of the domed chamber. You feel a bit uneasy and defenseless in this large room and so you quickly decide to move over to the southern door.

You open the large doors and look down a long corridor that leads back to the room through which you entered the tomb.

Bodies wrapped in age-yellowed linens lie in alcoves lining both sides of this wide corridor. Thick cobwebs hang from the ceiling and drapw the walls of the crypt; everything is coated in a deep layer of dust.

Cyrpt


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"That doesn't look so good" Alcheringa looks around for the friendly Cleric. "Walking deads?"


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Doesn't look to *me* like they've walked around much--too much dust and cobwebs.


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

BErry nods in agreement. "Oh! Unless they're ghosts! Ghosts don't leave tracks right?"


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"It looks like people are dying to live here!" Kyren chuckles to himself. "But seriously, this looks like the hallway of death, where all of the undead come alive and haunt the visitors who come to their crypt. Let's check to see if the northern doors are any better." Kyren encourages the others to cross the bridge and open the northern bronze door.


As you turn around and are just about to start walking to the northern door, you suddenly hear scuttling from behind. Quickly turning on your heels, you spot 4 spiders, large as dogs, climbing out of the alcoves. Their "face" is covered by strange white markings which make their heads look like skulls.

Knowledge Nature DC 22:

These are obscenely large versions of skull spiders. If their poison has grown in strength accordingly to their bodies these specimen are extremely dangerous.

Speak with animals or some other kind of magic hubbub?


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

WHOA man, those are some bigarse spiders!! Al, can you tell us if they mean us any harm???


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Know:Nature 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

No speaky speaky with Animals, and to influence them takes a minute - suppose its squishing time!


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Vaughn wrote:
"WHOA man, those are some bigarse spiders!! Al, can you tell us if they mean us any harm???

"Do you really think any arachnid running around with a skull on his face means anything other than harm to us?!"

Kyren prepares to cast magic missile should things start to turn ugly.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Spiders are hungry always, we look like food. Kill or be killed, predator and prey, it is the cycle" Alcheringa limbers up, sword drawn.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

*thinking fast* OK, Al, you want to take point, I'll hang back? Since they can walk up walls, some of them might try to get behind us; I'll handle them! holler if you need some help.

I draw daggers, and take a slight step bakc, still in front of the squishier friends, but leaving some space behind Al.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Vaughn wrote:
"I'll handle them! holler if you need some help."

"Crazzleboks, I hate spiders! How soon can I hollar?!"


Battle Mat

Alcheringa and Blaze's Initiative1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Kyren's Initiative1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Vaughn's Initiative1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Salfon's Initiative1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Berry's Initiative1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Mutated Skull Spider's Initiative1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

The spiders are on you in no time - with blurring speed they smash into Al and Blaze. Razor-sharp legs, hand-sized mandibles, emotionless eyes and only driven by hunger...the perfect predator.

Rd1:

Spiders (resolved)
Vaughn
Al
Kyren
Salfon
Berry

Mutated Skull Spider attacking Al/ Mandibles1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Mutated Skull Spider attacking Blaze/ Mandibles1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

If hit:

Poison (Ex)

Mandibles--injury; save Fort DC 20; frequency 1/round for 8 rounds; effect 1d4 Con; cure 2 consecutive saves


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 Know NAture

Kind of wish that was an attack roll.

"Oh! SKULL SPIDERS! AND A NEVER B EFORE SEEN SUB SPECIES!" BErry squeals in excitement. "Oh please don't damage their venom glands I want to collect samples!"


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

ZDM:
if you email me the battlemat, I can update when I get it; if not, I'l have to wait until I get home. . .


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Round 1

Kyren steps in line with the spiders (1 square to the left) and begins waving his arms in somatic gestures to draw forth the arcane energy, casting Magic Missile.

"Abracamyomee, flying bolts be free!"

Magic Missile at southeastern most spider. 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 3) + 3 = 14


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

round 1

I pump my hand quickly, throwing two (normal) daggers at teh same spider Kyren hit.

Thrown dagger: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

thrown dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Just give the word if you want Blaze out of harm's way, and I'll step up!


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

R1
Alcheringa AC18 HP 37/50
Blaze AC18 HP 35/54

Wow, worst possible party position... 2 up; if we stepped 5' back it'd be 4 on 2.

Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1 CON

As the spider almost effortlessly tears up the Druid, Alcheringa decides to move out of the combat. Unable to change into his Cat aspect due to his friends cramping him in, he shoots for the sidelines to recover.

Alcheringa - Withdraw back 20'

Blaze instead retaliates against the spider.

Blaze

Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2 CON

Bite - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
(Trip) - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20=CMD
Damage - 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Claw - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage - 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Claw - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage - 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Ouch, Blaze and Alcheringa pretty much 'one rounded'. Nasty


Black saliva drops from the mandibles of the spider whose black eyes seem to reduce you to nothing more than larger rabbits.

As one of Vaughn's daggers and Kyren's magic bolts hit one of the spiders in the rear, the monster hesitates and then suddenly the skull-like fur markings turn to a deep shade of purple - the same thing happens as one of the front spiders is hit by Blaze's mighty paws.

Rd1:

Spiders (resolved)
Vaughn (resolved)
Al (resolved)
Kyren (resolved)
Salfon
Berry

What happened to Salfon - is he still with us?

Battle Mat


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Salfon's last post was on September 2nd. Eighteen days is quite a while. I better post his actions.

Round 1

Salfon moves one step to the east and waits, readying an attack against the first spider to come with range of his cold iron scimitar.

Scimitar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

"Curious, these spiders are coming straight for us!" Salfon states the obvious.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6
Zyren DM wrote:
What happened to Salfon - is he still with us?

Hope so, as I don't have a suite of Cure/Heal etc spells memorised anymore...that was his baby so I gave it back, ironically I'm the one now needing them :)


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

What are your current hit points, Alcheringa?


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

As at end R1:

R1
Alcheringa AC18 HP 37/50 + Poisoned
Blaze AC18 HP 35/54 + Poisoned

Needing back to back 15's or better or the Poison is going to add up real fast.


Waiting for Berry :)

The spiders have scattered your front row and even though you dealt some damage to them, they're calling the shots now!


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

not for long, boubie!! Lemme at 'em!! LEMME ATEM!!!!! why I oughtta . . .


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

Berry removes a flask-o-smelly death from the folds of her robes and hurls it at a back spider a familiar cloud of acrid smelling smoke filling the air though not nearly as potent as what she normally employs.

Bomb at SE most spider.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 vs. Touch
3d4 + 7 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) + 7 = 11 Acid Damage
1d8 ⇒ 2 Splash if misses.

Adjacent targets to square it lands in take 10 damage a DC17 reflex save halves this damage.


Reflex save1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Reflex save1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Both spiders get caught in the acrid smoke, their stands on end now and there are small bald patches where the chitinous shell is visible.

Rd2:

Spiders (resolved)
Vaughn
Al
Kyren
Salfon
Berry

The spiders still don't care about their own wounds, the hunger which drives them must be overwhelming. As they rush onward, Salfon's readied attack grazes off one of the monster's legs.

Mutated Skull Spider attacking Blaze/ Mandibles1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Mutated Skull Spider attacking Blaze/ Mandibles1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Mutated Skull Spider attacking Vaughn/ Mandibles1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

ouch

Battle Mat


Male Orc Expert 5

Just a note the only one who needs to make a save is the one next to the target. Target takes full damage regardless if he's hit. :)


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

R2

Alcheringa
Fort1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Dam/Con1d4 ⇒ 4

Blaze
Fort1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Endstate
Alcheringa AC18 HP 25/50 (con 6)
Blaze AC18 HP 12/54

Blaze withdraws as well, the cumulative attacks being too effective.

Alcheringa attempts a Heal on blaze.
CMW2d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 8) + 5 = 20

Blaze (32hp)


Hah! Yay, more hp for me :)

5,501 to 5,550 of 7,680 << first < prev | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.