Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


501 to 550 of 7,682 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Alexite looks at the corpulent nearly naked people as they pass. A sour look upon his face, he tells the party, 'Bloatmages. They truly are disgusting creatures. Let's find those ghouls so I can get this image out of my head.'

Post 501! Leaning into the microphone at the control board in the detention center, Alexite says, 'I'm okay here. How are you?


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

knowledge (Arcana)

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Nox looks towards the disgustingly bloated individuals and turns her head in disgust. in her mind, no sane individual would ever dare intend to perform that level of mutiliation upon themselves, for any reason. she shudders for a bit as she is reminded a slight bit about some Grotesquely Detailed Ustalavian horror novel she read on her 8th birthday that she forced herself to forget because it was too disgusting and too horrifiying. she can't remember what the villain of the novel reffered to himself as, just that he gave her childhood nightmares. she didn't even want to know what those guys were at the moment.

i fixed the post to accomdate the failure and removed all unintentional hemothuerge references.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2
Loremistress Nox wrote:

knowledge (Arcana)

1d20+8

Nox looks towards the disgusting individuals who violate the unwritten laws of the arcane. and turns her head away in disgust. how could someone perform such grotesque rituals and call themselves a true arcanist. as far as Nox was concerned, Hemothuergy was merely a grotesque gimmick that a proper arcanist doesn't need to achieve true power. Nox didn't know much about them, but what little she read about them, she found a heavy disgust for and quickly moved to a different topic. Nox didn't really have much interest in the gimmick of hemothuergy.

You do realize you failed your check?


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Cannot do any of those check, as for the potions we are 6 and have 5, so you can as well take one each, Esfana has her class abilities. Since she just slept, she could have exchanged an orison with Light ?
I really didn't kone Ankar-te has no light at all


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Esfana knew nothing of those almost naked people covered in leeches, but she is happy this way after seeing them.

Trying hard not to stare at them so not to draw attention, after walking away she asks Alexite:
"What were those abominations ? This city scares me to death the more with every passing day"


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)
Esfana Arantia wrote:

Esfana knew nothing of those almost naked people covered in leeches, but she is happy this way after seeing them.

Trying hard not to stare at them so not to draw attention, after walking away she asks Alexite:
"What were those abominations ? This city scares me to death the more with every passing day"

Nox replies to Esfana, i do not know what they were, but they remind me of something from an extremely detailed Ustalavian horror novel that greatly frightened me during my childhood. i am lucky to have suppressed the details deep within the back of my subconscious thoughts. trying to consciously remember them may potentially place me in a multiple day long temporary coma from the great deal of trauma caused to me by the book's elaborate descriptions.

will save to not freak out further from being reminded of the traumatic novel.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Nox barely maintains a level head with thoughts of the novel among her mind.

i needed a "rational" excuse to be disgusted by the Hemotheurges without knowing what they were.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

As the party reconvenes, Alcheringa peers curiously at the new addition to the party.

"Welcome half elven, it is so strange to see a cousin in this human territory...I am Alcheringa, and this is my companion, Blaze"

The tall elf bows gently.

*****

At the bloatmages

Alcheringa remains silent, just studying the strange people as they walk by, as if trying to work out what they are what blood sickness they might have that is turning them so grey and whether their treatment with leeches might actually work.

"The strangeness of the human species continues to surprise me Blaze, these humans are clearly ill, and are treating themselves with leeches, yet instead of having the sense to seek bed rest they wander around! I wonder though, if the malady is long lasting, and possibly contagious, so they mark themselves with crimson tattoos to warn others of their condition? Fascinating...

He appears to have an appearance of deep appreciation, as if he is satisfied at unravelling a mystery. This is rapidly removed upon him noting the fearful conversation between Esfana and Nox, he starts to look rather concerned. Blaze rapidly picks up the tension in the elf and immediately bristles up, looking for the threat.

"I agree this city is disgusting, and is an insult and an affront to the earth it stands upon, however we need show no fear. In its own ways it has its own rules and laws, as does the jungle, and if we remain mindful of them we should come to little harm. I admit I regret stepping foot within the city walls, and long for the starlit night and the full moon across the plains, but for now fate has sent me here and I need to see what lesson I am being taught"

"Loremistress, I hardly know you, but with such a sharp mind and towering intellect I can't understand how such rationalism is so easily cowed and afraid of the dark. You travel in good company, and this is your chance to be brave"

Once again he returns to trailing the party, watching the shadows for signs of movement or ambush, the twilight darkness seems to be his very element as his eyes seem to somewhat accustomed to the light. The twilight darkness also seems to favour Blaze his black fur and and near silent padding feet make him hard to track in the darkness, and he trails like an ominous shadow.

As the party nears the wall, and gets close to the gate, there is a burst of movement as Blaze shoots towards a shadowy section of wall and leaps.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 8 = 28=2.1m(7ft)
Landing neatly on top of the tall wall and then sits motionless peering into the yard on the far side.
Stealth = 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28 - on top of the wall
Perception = 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5+Scent (hopefully undead stink enough to qualify for the 60' range!)

"Shall we try the gate?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Alexite actually does look disgusted. 'They are hemotheurges. They use blood magic. The constant use of blood causes them to eventually swell up. That's why many call them bloatmages. Truly disgusting creatures.'


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

Nox looks towards Alcheringa as she walks with the group. my fear of those abominations came from a childhood trauma i have yet to overcome. but back when i read that novel, i was still young enough for the fears to leave a permanant imprint upon my subconscious, and because i have an extreme case of Bibliophilia, my imagination really gets the better of me. having an overly active imagination can be like utilizing a double edged sword. she then adjusts her spectacles out of anxiety and tries to huddle between Esfana and Elsbeth.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"I can understand your fears Nox, though mine are different, i have my share nonetheless."

"I always thought my life was perfect and safe, and all of a sudden i'm cast out of my home,my parents, my fiancè, all i loved. I feel lost here."


Blaze flatly lays down on the wall growling quietly...you can be 100& sure that the cat spotted something in the centre of the cemetary.

some things just can't be ignored.

perception DC 20:

Now, close to the graveyard's wall you hear a low moaning from inside, obviously at least one of the ghouls is "awake".

perception DC 25:

Now, close to the graveyard's wall you hear a low moaning from inside, you can make out at least three different ghouls inside the walls.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

"Blaze signals there is prey on the foot, and I hear them in the breeze"

Alcheringa signals the cat silently and moves rapidly to the gate, blaze, low on her haunches slinks along the top of the wall like a cat along a tree branch hoping to surprise a nest of birds.

As he reaches the gateway, he draws his sword and casts an incantation.

Resistance


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

OH! NO! more dice rolling

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Sotto voce (Whispering)

"We have company already"

Esfana too will cast Resistance, but upon Torald
Standard action:Spell casting-Resistance on Torald, lasting 10 rounds


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Wispering I can't hear anything, but I belief you. My helmet dampens every sound

Torald readies his weapon and shield. Whispering Lets go cautiously to the gate.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Torald, maybe you and I can stand at the gate and draw them to us, it might choke them so they can only come through one at a time?"


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"I'll be right behind, ready to assist and heal"

We still have to split potions, i have 4, but in the middle of the fight you won't be able to search me if i go down, and if you go down i would have to reach you and make you drink, too hard.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

I will take one

That was my plan, Alcheringa


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6
Torald Othric of Griffonstone wrote:
That was my plan, Alcheringa

A predatory gleam comes to his eyes, almost bestial, he smiles a wicked grin and falls into step beside Torald...

"Then to arms eh?


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Esfana readies sword and shield
Transferred one potion from my inventory to Torald's


Elsbeth frowned in response to the greeting, but bowed anyway. "Are all elves so formal? I'm Elsbeth." She said, nodding to both the elf and his pet cat.

Perception Check ->1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Her sharp ears catching the sound, there was a low ring as the rapier at her hip was drawn, and a metal ring sppeared in her hand as if by magic. She could hear the noises from within the cemetary walls. "We've company. At least three, if my hearing is right."

Zyren DM:
Is the light still good enough for Low Light Vision?

Climb ->1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Stealth -> 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Creeping close to the wall, Elsbeth made an effort to scale the wall quietly, so as to have the opportunity to flank the ghouls once the others got inside.

whispering "I'll flank when you're ready. I do my best when my enemies don't know I'm coming."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2
Elsbeth Corlas wrote:
whispering "I'll flank when you're ready. I do my best when my enemies don't know I'm coming."

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

'Why are we whispering? Well, obviously I am not playing your little game, but seriously why so suddenly secretive?'

Watching Elsbeth's backside as she begins climbing the wall, Alexite says none too quietly, 'Well, we will need to become friends because I'd rather like to know when you're coming'

Did Esfana give the scrolls to Alexite or no? I need to use Read Magic on them before I can attempt to use them just like anyone else or the DC becomes too high for me be successful.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )
Dirge Alexite Wintrish wrote:


Did Esfana give the scrolls to Alexite or no? I need to use Read Magic on them before I can attempt to use them just like anyone else or the DC becomes too high for me be successful.

In all of the discussion i lost the part saying that you wanted them, yep, Esfana gave them to Alexite if he wants the scrolls


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

perception check

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

right before the party closes in with the ghouls, Nox will cast mage armor upon herself.

she will also try to whisper the verbal components of the spell as to be less likely to give herself away.

what check would it be to whisper the verbal components? i assume stealth.


Whispering a verbal spell component does not require a roll.
Low light vision is sufficient on the graveyard to act normally.
Hopefully I understood correctly that Elsbeth, Alexite and Blaze climbed the wall to encircle the undead.

As you enter the cemetary you can already see them: Between quite alot of opened graves lumber three hideous creatures, obviously ghouls.

One of them shrieks grotesquely as he spots Alcheringa and Torald and all three of them crawl on all fours in the direction of the cemetary gate.

Initiative:

Ghoul's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Torald's Initiative1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Alcheringa's Initiative1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Elsbeth's Initiative1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Alexite's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Nox' Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Esfana's Initiative1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Battle Mat


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Nope, Alexite did not climb any walls. He was merely watching Elsbeth's butt as she climbed up the wall. I understood that Blaze and Elsbeth were on the wall next to the cemetary gates. Torald and Alcheringa stated they were going to stand at the entrance of the gates to create a choke point. I think you have them two squares too far forward into the cemetary. Where they are now would allow many creatures to swarm them and prevent them from making a choke point. Alexite is standing in the very back.


Okay, now correct?

Corrected Battle Mat


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

I'm where I want to be. I believe Torald and Alcheringa wanted to be one square further back, but that's best left to them to tell you.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

We'd probably have shifted a square back, to force the ghouls to only be able to come in two at a time, rather than face all three... but for expedience sake happy to remain in place.

Alcheringa stands his ground readies his sword to intercept the incoming ghouls, hoping to cut one down as it closes in.

Blaze patiently waits, ready to pounce in behind them once the prey has been drawn in, classic great cat co-operative hunting...

(let me know when the first one arrives so I can resolve the actions)


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Yes, I think, Alcheringa and I wanted to be at Q10 and Q11.

Torald readies himself to make a Attack against arriving Ghouls

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Confirm 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage 1d8 + 3 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (7) + 3 = 17

Let's hail the dice god

Could anyone whith a bow or anything else let the ghouls know, that we are here?


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

Assuming Nox already had time to cast mage armor before the combat.

Nox on her Ininitiative will verbally solve a series of complex mathematical formulae in the thassilonian tongue and Tap Esfana's Longsword. a series of pale glowing symbols appears of the blade. the symbols appear to be thassilonian in design and provide a candle's illumination.

Nox will not move this round

Spellcraft DC16:

Magic Weapon.

For those Who speak thassilonian:

the glowing symbols translate into a complex thassilonian numerical cypher. for those who solve the cypher, it translates into the following written passage.

this weapon touched by the arcane, cast by a member of the government of Alkenstar, shall end the lives of those who oppose the order of the enlightened black rabbit.


Seeing that the others were preparing themselves, Elsbeth decided to kick off the proceedings by hurling the disk-like blade she had been holding, sending it winging out towards the nearest ghoul from her perch on the wall.

Targeting the ghoul in L18.
Attack Roll->1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage Roll->1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Sneak Attack Damage*->1d6 ⇒ 4

Zyren DM:
It's within 30ft, right? Otherwise I just did the worst possible damage I could. :(


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Zyren, since the ghouls won initiative, let's see what they do first so the rest of us can know what we need to roll, i.e. knowing to add +4 to a ranged attack when the ghoul is in melee, being flatfooted we don't get attacks of opportunity as they charge past us, etc.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Thats notionally what I am waiting on... its their move :P Once thats done I get to react :)


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

What a surprise, i'm the last. Please Zyren, change Esfana's marker with her new one


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

I Poster my Action because I thought, that we Night have a surprise round. My assumption was based on in the fact, that we just had to make one or two sidesteps to become in position in front of the gate


Sorry guys, I was in a huryy yesterday and unable to resolve the ghoul's actions. Repositioned everyone and changed Esfana's picture.

The ghouls move into your direction, most of the time on all fours, shrieking menacingly and throwing their arms in the air. One of them picks up a great bone and waves it over its head.

New Battle Mat


F5 helps :-)


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa maintains his posture, waiting to strike the incoming ghouls as they arrive; Blaze continues to wait in place, his gaze fixed upon the incoming prey.


Alcheringa - Held action - Attack ghoul as they arrive next round.
Blaze - Pass - will dive in after the ghouls move again.


Elsbeth still throws her chakram at the closest ghoul - the one in N13. Hopefully it's unaware of me, and I still keep my sneak attack damage. Do you want me to do the rolls again?


@ Elsbeth, no, your rolls are good

The discus-like weapon leaves Elsbeth's hand, swirls through the air and cuts deep into the thigh of the nearest undead, who shrieks in pain and surprise.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

My action above doesn't change


Alcheringa and Torald have readied their attacks, Elsbeth threw her Chakram, Nox cast a spell, now only waiting for Drayen's and Esfana's action.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Esfana casts Resistance on Alexite, then hold her move, if the bard doesn't move in Q12 she will


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Bedtime here, so putting out the inevitable readied attack when one gets into range... as its a readied attack I hope to get the first hit in :P The actions for Blaze will have to wait until the ghouls are positioned so I can call the attacks.

As the slavering ghoul rushes in, Alcheringa counts its paces, getting a good grasp of its timing... followig its rhythm he times his blow as the ghoul arrives, trying to catch it on the half step.

Rolls:

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

SO close to a crit! heartbreaking!


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

You changed the map for the gateway into the cemetary from 2 squares to 3 squares wide. That now allows all three ghouls to come through en masse and forces us to have another person step up to the front lines to hold them back. Is this just a mistake?

Alexite draws his scorpion whip then takes out a copper coin. With a simple effort of will, he causes the coin to shine with light. Holding it above his head, he sheds light on the scene before him.

Light spreads out 4 squares in every direction from Alexite.


It just looked that way.

Acting in unison and exactly waiting until the right moment Torald and Alcheringa cut two of the ghouls down as they are about to reach them.

The third creature runs back to the crypt-like building shrieking in pure horror and agony.

New Mat


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

After him. Let's block the entrance of the crypt if he escapes.

Double Move to L17


@ Torald, you can only move in rd 3, your action in rd 2 was slaying the ghoul

New Initiative count after resolving the readied actions:

Ghoul's Initiative 18 (rd 2 resolved)
Torald's Initiative 18 (rd 2 resolved)
Alcheringa's Initiative 18 (rd 2 resolved)
Elsbeth's Initiative 16
Nox' Initiative 15
Alexite's Initiative 10
Esfana's Initiative 7


I can't jump down off the wall and charge it, can I? I'd need to already be a Duelist. :(


No, but you can jump down and move to it.

501 to 550 of 7,682 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.