Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


5,401 to 5,450 of 7,682 << first < prev | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 6
Vaughn Elliot wrote:
...this freakish femme from getting at the squishies.

I resent that.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Ahhh I can solve this Riddle" remarks Al with a wicked feline grin.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Knowledge, History 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

At the sight of the female, Kyren's eyes bulge, and he remarks matter of factly, "I think a relationship with this lady would could only lead to trouble. I think she would wear the pants in the family! Be careful not to make her mad!"

Kyren moves to safety and prepares to do his part should a battle begin.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3
Salfon Rarith wrote:
Vaughn Elliot wrote:
...this freakish femme from getting at the squishies.

I resent that.

Indeed. Next time I'll hog all the AC boosting items for myself.

Berry hardly even looks at the creature and with a flick of her wrist a bubbling vial leaves her hand. "Really wish the bodies would not get up I'm trying to study the artwork here."

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 Touch
3d4 + 8 ⇒ (2, 2, 2) + 8 = 14 Damage
1d8 ⇒ 3 Splash if misses Target takes 11 damage 5 on a successful DC 17 reflex save.

Effect: Stink bomb. Target caught in double splash radius must make DC17 fortitude save or be nauseated. Target is also affected as if the Fog Cloud spell.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Just an expression, my friends!! :-) I"ve played plenty of squishy characters in my day!


In full frenzy-mode the weird monster charges you, but as the vial flies right into its face it just gulps once and the thing explodes in its belly - again you are covered in slime, bones, blood and pus...great...


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Nice, Berry! I see you couldn't stand to be out done by Daggers! Remind me to never grab one of your potion bottles no matter how thirsty I may be!"

"Well I wonder if this topless fiend has anything to do with the missing bodies? She didn't exactly leave us much evidence to go by!"


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

This is just TOO WEIRD . . . I'm beginning to think calling shenanigans is in order . . .

Spoiler:
Is the slime/gore/pus an illusion??

Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

Sadly not, Vaughn :)


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Al looks perplexed again.


Male Human Cleric 6

Pulling a large glob from his hair, Salfon praises the alchemist. "Wonderful shot. And no illusion could be this disgusting, Vaughn."

Salfon turns to Alcheringa, "You've been quiet. What do you think of this, my friend? Perhaps Blaze can small his way around this; make sense of this place."


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"It doesn't make a lot of sense, I will meditate on it for a while and see if the pieces of this puzzle will fall into place"

"What is this place really? Makes no sense it would be mostly empty rooms. Who or what guards it? Who or what is controlling it? What purpose do the rooms serve? and what do they have to do with all our missing bodies, unless that is them exploding"


perception Dc 25:

Behind you, just outside of the open doorway, a cloaked figure sneaks past...

Now that the strange monster is killed, are you going to search the bodies, or leave for the next room?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Kyren searches the room and the remains of the bodies, trying to find any clue if these are the missing bodies.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Perception...

Alchy 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Blaze 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

They both fail to notice anything interesting.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

1d20 + 23 ⇒ (9) + 23 = 32

Berry perks up as she hears the susseration of cloth and leather. Turning to the cloaked figure sneaking down the hall she calls out. "Excuse me mysterious cloaked figure can you help us!? I think we're a touch lost!"


As all eyes dart towars the door opening, the cloaked figure freezes in mid-move. He is a bit smaller and more fragile than a human, but as he turns to you, you notice a large beak protruding from inside the cowl he's wearing

This is surely a tengu one of the many races inhabiting Kaer Maga. He's dressed like a thief, wearing a leather armour and carrying several daggers and a short sword.

Me no fight! he squawks and moves back one step.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Step forward as show yourself, creature. I am Kyren Tosscobble and these are the Wee Bluets! Tell us your name and what you are doing down here! Can you explain what these seven deadly sin chambers are?"


The tengu doesn't move but replies

Me not go in trap. Silklur is clever. You only illusions, eh? Me not as stupid as dead Silklav!


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"So you call yourself Silkur and you are clever? Well trust me on this one, buddy. I am the real thing. Who would possibly make such good looking appearances of the Wee Bluets? Furthermore, how is it that we have so much detail? Ask your questions and I will answer what I may. If you prefer, we can inflict damage upon you to insure that we are no illusion. But once you are satisfied, tell me about Silklav and this trap he met!"


Male Human Cleric 6

Salfon senses the creatures unease. He remains silent and watches Kyren speak with it.

Sense Motive:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


The tengu cocks his head and comes one step closer

silklav went into that room and strange monster corpse with boobs killed him - see his feathers! he points at the remains of the recently killed creature you saw.

We not wanted to die, only looking for treasure. We opened door and then bodies walked out - we thought that is strange, but we only here for treasure.

then he hesitates for a moment and seems to reconsider one thing

What is wee bluet?


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa looks at the big bird. Blaze is also looking at the giant bird.

A long feline tongue almost unconsciously flicks across Blazes lips.

Alcheringa snaps back out of some deep thought.

"Why do you think there is treasure here, it is mostly empty rooms. Who told you of this place?"


We tengu, we clever. We read book about this place. Then we made plans, then we stole Duskwarden maps...then we dug...then we here.

the tengu replies proudly.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"A Wee Bluet?!" Kyren looks astonished. "Are you saying that you have never heard of us? We are the premiere adventuring company in all of Kaer Maga! We are freedom fighting, zombie slaying, slave lord smiting, wizard freeing, puss eating, treasure finding, balance bringing champions of the land."

Kyren looks to see the Tengu's response to such an impressive sounding title. He then proceeds to ask the him about his map.

"I am sorry for your loss, but clearly the clever survive. Could you show us your map and tell us where you believe you are?"


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

*whisper to Kyren* PUS eating?!?! You HAD to add that detail? Couldn't have skipped it??


Silklur not have map, Silklav had map, he dead now. So when you are Wee Bluet and you so mighty, why you need my map I do not have?

Again the tengu cokcs its head, curiously peering into the room.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Because we're smart, too. If there's a resource to use, we'll use it--even if we don't strictly NEED it.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Vaughn in a whisper wrote:
"PUS eating?!?! You HAD to add that detail? Couldn't have skipped it??"

"Well, I admit, that was not a great moment as far as the history of the party is concerned, but I thought it would sound like we really mean business and that we are not just named after a rare blue flower because they smell nice. You know! It makes us sound tough! Do you think this bird creature is impressed. I'm not even sure he really understands what I'm saying."

Silkur wrote:
"Silklur not have map, Silklav had map, he dead now. So when you are Wee Bluet and you so mighty, why you need my map I do not have?"

"Dungeons are like puzzles, Silkur! Even the Wee Bluets use maps to put the pieces together."

Did we find anything like a map in the room with the feathers?

"So tell me, Silkur. How did you manage to steal the map from the Duskwardens? Have you been down here long?"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa starts moving Blaze away from the big bird before an 'incident' takes place. With that he starts moving back through the rooms methodically and carefully, looking for any clues.

Perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24 + Detect Magic
Blaze 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Scent


Not all doors haven been opened by now, Al. Are you going to open any, or check just those that are already open?

Silklur grins a feral grin...or maybe it just looks like a grin...this beak makes it really hard to say...

We steal and sell...only keep most valuable treasures like maps. But monster woman has devoured all of Silklav's equipment. for a hsort moment he looks sad Can I come with you, I can show you secret ways!

he doesn't answer Kyren's other questions, this new idea has obviously occupied his small brain.

No, you didn't find a map.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Just combing the open areas first


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Silkur wrote:
"Can I come with you, I can show you secret ways!"

"You can stay with us for the moment, but we will not tolerate any theft! You will need to keep quiet and stay with us where we can keep an eye on you."


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Quietly Berry has been eyeing the creature. She is watching him having never met a Kenku before and trying very hard to determine how something wiht no lips makes those kinds of sounds.


Good good, me no steal, my kin never steals.

Back in the House of Wrath, Alcheringa takes his time to scan the room again and after some moments of searching he suddenly finds the outline of a secret door at the northern side of the room. The stone dust at the foot of the door is covered by normal dust, so the door can not have been used for a long time.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Silkur wrote:
"Good good, me no steal, my kin never steals."

"Please don't lie to us Silkur, it doesn't help your position. Just keep your hands to yourself and show us these secret ways!"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Door"

Alcheringa starts looking for a way to open it, meanwhile, Blaze arrives by his side, staring at the door ready to engage anything that comes out.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Nice work, Alchy! Maybe this is the way we've been looking for! Lead us onward, my friend! We are right behind you!"


The door is not locked but it takes more than Alcheringa's strength to push it open.

We need three people pushing and all have to pass a DC 14 Str check

Silklur meanwhile pulls out a small compass and tries to orient himself.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Str Check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Str check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 <--oh for Pete's sake . . .
Str check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"I'll give you a hand! I might be small, but you shouldn't underestimate a Tosscobble when he is trying to fulfill his destiny!"

Strength Check 1d20 ⇒ 14


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Thats it!"


With a grinding noise, the door slowly opens and behind it is a dark corridor.

That is way to central chamber, I can remember map!

the tengu chitters nervously

Tomb


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Mumbling something about boulders and sudden death Berry takes the time to look ahead for traps. Inwardly she still wonders at the mysteries of Kenku anatomy.

Going down square by square stopping at doors let me know how many rolls I need.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Kazam! Nice work, gentlemen!" Kyren exclaims as he looks ahead. "Now we have some options. We can press onward to what Chitters calls the central chamber, or we can putz around here looking at various deadly sins like we're at some insane knock knock joke symposium! If you ask me, we should press forward through the passage, but I just want to make sure that you feel good about the decision despite the lack of closure we will get by not opening the last few doors! I just know you are dying to learn more about deadly sinning!"


2 rolls, please


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

I'd rather *experience* the dealy sins first-hand, not hear some sick freak's interpretation of how they make good traps. Let's move on once Berry gives the all-clear.

You konw, there's a dead Kenku right there, you should take it and autopsy it!!


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Blaze looks at the Tengu once again, and licks his lips expectantly.
Alcheringa gives his companion a slight look of admonishment, clearly there is a friendly disagreement and argument between them.


Berry?

5,401 to 5,450 of 7,682 << first < prev | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.