Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


5,351 to 5,400 of 7,682 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>

The extreme stench inside the room makes it nearly impossible to stay there for longer than two breaths...You can only guess but if there are any valuables or information in there, then you have to dig under excrements, rotten food and puke to find them...


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Phhhwwwweeeewww I don't think anything is worth that. I shut the door.

Um, sssssshhhhould we . . . try another?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Ugggggggggghhhhhhhhh!" Kyren lies on the ground and continues moaning. "Thank you for trying, Berry, but I think I am going to die here. Salfon, please dispose of my corpse when I have passed on? Blaze, come and I will pet you once more. Alchy, I would be willing to try vegetarian now. Daggers, please send word to my mother that I love her very much, and make sure that Bobo puts my harp on display at the Revive!"


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Shaking her head and pinching her knows she hides a small smile. Dibs on his organs. If I can get them while they're still fresh it may help some sick halfling down the way."


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Berry wrote:
" Dibs on his organs. If I can get them while they're still fresh it may help some sick halfling down the way."

"What?!" Kyren opens his eyes. "My organs?! Wait, wait, wait! No other halfling is going to be running around with my liver! Wait just a minute!"

Kyren rouses himself in a remarkably quick fashion and gets himself to his feet! "I think I am feeling better already! Let's go and find another door to open! Daggers, get your choppers ready!"

Kyren rushes to the next door and casts knock on the next door of sin! "Knock, Knock, who's there? Kyren. Kyren who? Kyren Isnowgoingtoliveforaverylongtimeandfulfillhisdesiny!"


Cautiously you open the next door - the House of Wrath - the furnishings in this room have been destroyed beyond recognition and ancient dried bloddstains still mar the walls and the floor.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"When it appears Wrath has left a little more evidence than lust and envy. That or the cleaning lady simply did not get to this room."

While his friends are looking about, Kyren approaches Salfon, discretely. "Salfy, my dear friend. Although I know that I will still live, do you have anything to help me with my wounds?"


Maybe the rooms look diffrent now after the waterfall effect happened.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

waterfall effect??

As much as I hate to suggest it . . .we might want to open all the doors now, even the ones we've already seen.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"Can we not?" Berry suggests. "I don't believe anything here is really relevant to our job here. Likely these are just prisons or tombs to those whom greatly represent the win under which they are trapped in. Call it a fate inflicted upon them by pharasma's clergy or just the whim of some mad wizard or priest but honestly I feel this is just a waste of time that will only cost me more bandages and bandages not made from human or troll skin is really hard to find in this city. IT's as if they've never heard of basic textiles."


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

OK, I'm open to other suggestions . . .


Yeah, there was this vision-blurring moment after the voice had enough of your antics :)


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Daggers wrote:
"As much as I hate to suggest it . . .we might want to open all the doors now, even the ones we've already seen."

"Let's do it! Chop, chop! Well, not literally, but let's move to it!"

Berry wrote:
""Can we not?"

"Well, I'm starting to run out of ideas too, but I don't need to tell you how all of this connects to finding the Andoran Bill of Freedom. It really is not that hard to open doors and look around, especially after I've spent all of this time exerting my powers as a great sorcerer opening them in the first place!!! Let's not stand around lollygagging any more! Even if you have already had a peek in the Lust room, let's look again! Let's search every room again! We just need to take it a little easier on the chop chop moments, Right Daggers?!"


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Yeah, that would probably be wise. Al, Sal, you want to weigh in? Open these other doors again and see what's there that we didn't see before, or move on to somethign else?


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"They just seem like strange, bad places. Can we move around them?"


Male Human Cleric 6

Salfon smiles and touches the halfling's shoulder with the tip of his wand. "Sorry, miles away everyone." He puts his hand to his chin as if thinking, and once again speaks "Sloth should be fun... Anyone else?" He holds the short wand, gesturing to the rest of the group.

Wand of CLW on Kyren:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Sorry about the wait, internet-less atm, getting a 4g phone tomorrow. Finally will be smart. If need be, anyone can heal bot with me, just don't use my 3rd level spells or potions :D


Already opened:

House of Wrath
House of Gluttony

You move to the next door and open it very very cautiously Yeah sorry, I jumped the gun, but I took the fact that more were pro than con as a decision:

Brightly painted carvings along the walls of this room - the House of Pride - vividly depict mighty flying dragons over shining cities, while below winged angels serve human masters. Peacock-feather motifs dominate throughout the chamber and a faint, pleasant perfume drifts through the air. Several humans lie supine atop biers draped in rich cloth-if they are dead, the bodies are perfectly preserved and have the appearance of relaxed sleepers, showing no signs of corruption or decay.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Kazam, so here are the dead bodies that went missing! Now we just have to find who is responsible and not become one ourselves. A dead body that is. I'm not much for carrying heavy things, especially dead, once living, likely heavy, creature things, but perhaps we should bring these prideful bodies back to the priest of Pharasma. What do you guys say to that?"


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

bringing them back is all well and good, but it won't stop them from being taken again. Besides, I'm not even sure they ARE dead. Berry or Salfon, you mind taking a look?


Al, Salfy, Berry?


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Al is simply leaving things alone, he can't spot the underlying theme and solve the hidden puzzle...


Male Human Cleric 6

Taken aback, Salfon begins to cast minor magics.

Detect Magic on that big ol' corpse pile.

"This reminds me of the days of laying out the dead in Korvosa..."


Salfon's probing fingers of magical energy slowly surge forward towards the bodies but before they reach them, the cleric already feels that the whole interior consists of magic - a first-class illusion - everything within the room is an illusion.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Nicely done, Salfy! Good thinking! Well this does look very impressive for an illusion. I think I had fallen under the influence of the eighth deadly sin. . . Gullibility! So what kind of knuclehead gets his jollies making illusions like this?! Well I guess that settles it. We're not going to bring any of the bodies back to the priest of Pharasma. Although, they probably are very light."

How many doors remain?

Kyren will move on to the next door. Moving his hands in somatic flourishes, he casts knock with the following words, "Presto alakabee, open sesame!"

Caster check 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30


3 remain

Already opened:

House of Wrath
House of Gluttony
House of Pride

----

Kyren uses his magic willpower once more to open the next door

The House of Sloth

A large circle of tarnished silver powder, surrounded by arcane symbols has been laid down on the floor in the centre of the room. The centre of the circle is empty.

Two empty cabinets stand at the sides of the room, otherwise the room is empty.

Perception DC 20:

There is a small gap in the silver circle.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

"Ooh, let's see what we have here in Slothland?! Very interesting. Silver powder and arcane symbols. At least there are no creatures inside of it."

Kyren casts detect magic and scans the room for dweomers, especially around the arcane symbols. "Presta Alakablown, let the magic be known!"

Knowledge, Arcana 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Spellcraft 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

1d20 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28 Perception
Berry steps in cautiously and peers closely t the circle. "There's a gap ion this circle. I think whatever was brought here is gone now."


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Impressive! You are very observant, Berry! However, this is not good news for us! This looks like it was meant to confine some evil creature, and whoever was doing this, was getting a little sloppy. I wonder if this creature has something to do with the missing corpses. Either way, we better be watching our backs!"


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Vaughn looks puzzlingly at Kyren. What makes you think it was meant to confine an *evil* creature?

How old does this room's stuff look--undisturbed for years/decades/centuries??


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Vaugn wrote:
Vaughn looks puzzlingly at Kyren. "What makes you think it was meant to confine an *evil* creature?"

"Hmm?" Kyren replies as he scratches his head. "Well, I suppose your right. I have no proof that it was actually evil. I don't mean to be presumptuous, but when you are hanging out in creepy place like this with the voice of doom telling you not to enter and announcing the fact that we are in a suite of deadly sins, I guess I just assumed that it was evil. Hehe. I guess you know what they say about assuming. It makes an ass out of you and me. Hehehe!"

Kyren chuckles to himself at his miniscule amount of wit with words, but then continues questioning the situation that Vaughn makes him think about.

"Well, anyways, do you find it odd that this creature escaped out of the room of sloth?! You would think that it would be too lazy to get too far."


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"Perhaps sloth refers to a lazy and uncareful binder?"


Male Human Cleric 6
Berry Peelyblossom wrote:
"Perhaps sloth refers to a lazy and uncareful binder?"

Caster diss.


The room's meagre furniture looks like it is VERY old - but since you're neither an expert regarding the style nor the material, you can only guess that it is at least some hundred years old.

The arcane symbols have lost their magic, so has the silver powder, but you sense a weak magic aura from behind one of the cabinets.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Hmm? I sense an aura behind this cabinet. I know what curiosity did tae the cat, but, this time I have you guys to back me up. Be ready, my friends. Alchy, be sure to close your mouth just in case."

Kyren walks over to investigate the source of the aura.


There must be lying something behind the cabinet, you suppose.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Kyren moves as close as he can and uses his mage hand to try and lift the object from behind the cabinet.

"Come to papa, little item!


Magically, the cabinet is moved away and behind it is an ancient scroll tube.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Bingo!"

Kyren draws forth his powers and with mage hand, brings the scroll case into his grasp.

"Let's see what we have here." Kyren cautiously opens the scroll case and looks to see what is inside.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Berry looks about mildly curious while the halfling bounces around the room.


Inside the scroll case is a piece of ancient parchment - actually it looks like it will turn to dust every heartbeat, but cautiously you are able to unroll it. It's an arcane formula with the remove paralysis spell.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Not the clue you are looking for?"


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Well, it's not the Andoran Bill of Freedom, but it looks like it could be useful if we got stuck in a rut and couldn't move. Let's hope I don't have to use it too soon."

"Well, let's keep moving and see what comes next. I'm never going to fulfill my destiny just hanging out in a room for sloths."

Kyren quickly moves onward to the next door and casts knock.

"Presto balopen, in the name of Sesame, Open!"


Already opened:

House of Wrath
House of Gluttony
House of Pride
House of Sloth

Kyren opens another door - the House of Lust - shockingly graphic depictions of orgies with all manner of creatures decorate the walls of this chamber. Five humanoid skeletons lie in state on biers - though the bodies appear human, their skulls are those of monstrous creatures. A pile of bloody bones and feathers is all that is left of a recently killed creature.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Berry turns to Alcheringa. "Well it makes him happy. I don't think he'll be satisfied until he's curled up on the ground begging for death again. And, oh my..." Berry looks into the room of lust curiously.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Man, this place is going to give me nightmares!!

"recently killed?" How recently?


like two hours ago


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"I think I prefer the empty rooms with the swell furniture! Let's be rather careful here, my friends. Death seems to be waiting around every corner!"


Male Human Cleric 6

"Curious. This looks the work of some dark cult. I'll check the bodies for left behind magics."

Then I do it.


As you concentrate on the dead bodies, suddenly one of them springs up - your blood freezes - whatever that is that is standing in front of you, is no human. While its torso is that of a perfectly formed human female, its arms are unnaturally long and end in talons and its face has a lower jaw split in two with razor sharp teeth under bulging red eyes!

Knowledge History DC 20:

That creature is a lustspawn, a servant of the Runelord of Lust from ancient Thassilon.

Quickly the thing storms over to you...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in the world; it would be a pity to damage yours!"

STOP RIGHT THERE freak!! I'll get daggers out, and get in the room--hopefully far enough to let Al and Blaze through too, if they wish, while keepign this freakish femme from getting at the squishies.

5,351 to 5,400 of 7,682 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.