Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


5,251 to 5,300 of 7,682 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>

lol, nice try


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Maybe it's the house of N. V., like Nancy Vladimir, or Noober Vandenhies or something. *shrug*

so, I can't open this door . . . where to now?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Ok folks, let's not let that deep booming voice coming out of nowhere frighten us. I think it is time we knock on this door!"

Kyren moves his hand in an intricate pattern of somatic gestures with some extra flourishes to impress his friends and calls out, "Presta Alakazere, Knock, Knock Who's There."

Kyren casts Knock upon the door.

The Tosscobble then turns to his head with a grin and says to his friends, "Despite what you may think, this is not a joke!"


The energy flowing through Kyren's hands manifests in an emerald key hovering in front of the door - a moment later a ruby lock appears and Kyren's key clicks it open. He knows that he has suspended the arcane lock for about ten minutes, now someone has to disable the mechanic lock, too.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Actually, ZDM, from the spell: "If successful, knock opens up to two means of closure." Kryen has to make a caster check +10 to open it, but it should unlock the mechanical lock and suspend the arcane lock if it works. Unless you rule otherwise, of course . . .


Ah sry, didn't read properly - the arcane lock is lvl 20


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

If it is my destiny, we will succeed at opening this door.

Through the casting of his Knock spell, Kyren draws upon his touch of destiny as he manipulates his arcane powers to unlock the door.

Touch of Destiny +3

Caster Level Check 1d20 + 6 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 10 + 3 = 20

This is your call whether it works or not, Zyren. Kyren is simply using all of his resources at his disposal.


Good question - will post it on the campfire thread.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Berry watches curiously and tries to look for the source of the sound.


We handle this according to RAW - so sorry, touch of destiny does not work here.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Crazzleboks, Crazzleboks, Crazzleboks! Why will this door not open?!" Kyren asks to no one in particular. "Crazzleazzleazlleboks! What is this cursed mechanical lock that holds us back? I felt like I had it in my grasp and then suddenly it eluded me! What is going on?!! I'm sorry my friends, I am not sure that I can get us further in. I think what we really need is my cousin Alfonso. He was a rogue that could get by any locked door. Big or small, my little cousin could disable any mechanical hindrance. I just don't understand why my magic failed me at this point."


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Could trapfinding disable an arcane lock?


Male Human Cleric 6

As the others check the door, Salfon pays close attention to the darkness behind them. The voice of this place has obviously scared the man.


It's not a magic trap, right? Not sure about it though, what do the others think?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
From Trapfinding in Rogue in PFSRD wrote:
Trapfinding: A rogue adds 1/2 her level to Perception skill checks made to locate traps and to Disable Device skill checks (minimum +1). A rogue can use Disable Device to disarm magic traps.
Arcane Lock wrote:
An arcane lock spell cast upon a door, chest, or portal magically locks it. You can freely pass your own arcane lock without affecting it. If the locked object has a lock, the DC to open that lock increases by 10 while it remains attached to the object. If the object does not have a lock, this spell creates one that can only be opened with a DC 20 Disable Device skill check. A door or object secured with this spell can be opened only by breaking in or with a successful dispel magic or knock spell. Add 10 to the normal DC to break open a door or portal affected by this spell. A knock spell does not remove an arcane lock; it only suppresses the effect for 10 minutes.

It looks like it does to me.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Right well ill roll while Zyren considers a ruling.

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30 Disable Device check.


I've already destroyed your hopes of using knock, let's follow Kyren's idea :)

After some moments of checking and probing the door suddenly clicks open - and at once you feel that what you just did, hadn't happen in a long long time.

The small room behind the door is empty, except for some very simple pieces of furnishing: a bed, an open wardrobe and a small chest of drawers, which is also open and contains nothing.

You feel a bit tricked - why was it so hard to enter this room, when there is nothing inside?

Tomb


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Berry my dear, you never cease to amaze me. My don't you have a lot of tricks up your sleeve! And here I thought you were nothing but a potions gal and part time waitress!"

After a quick glance over the room, Kyren addresses everyone, "I may have to take my earlier statement back. This is a grand knock knock joke! Knock, Knock, Who's there? Nobody! Well, let's take a look around just in case."

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


There is nothing - absolutely nothing of interest. The only strange thing is that the furniture is in such a good condition after being here for hundreds or even thousands of years.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Whaa?? If the door was locked, how can the stuff be in such good shape?? Weird . . .


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Weird is not the word, Daggers! This is kooky! I wonder who made this furniture? It certainly seems to stand the test of time. However, I suspect they never had cats here. I wonder if it could stand up to blaze treating it like a scratching post."


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"someone lives here." Berry says simply. "Or something."


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Do you really think so, Berry? Let me see if I can sense something."

Kyren moves his hands in a flourishing somatic gesture and casts Detect Magic with the following words. "Presta Alakablown, let the magic be known!"

He then concentrates as looks into the magical spectrum trying to find auras of any sort.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"How strange" Alcheringa peers into the room, similarly scanning for magic...

Detect Magic


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"Well it is supposed to be a house of envyu right?" Berry says as she ponders the idea. "I think this is just the living room of envy."


No signs of magic, besides the aracane lock on the door.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Berry wrote:
"Well it is supposed to be a house of envyu right?" Berry says as she ponders the idea. "I think this is just the living room of envy."

"Are you saying that you are envious of somebody living here? This place would bore me to tears! Why it doesn't even have a Tzarek board to ponder positions! At least with my harp I could enter the creative world of my music, but this, this is just too stale for my taste."


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Well, maybe we shoudl keep looking around. This *is* a mystery--why would this be locked this way, yet in well-kept condition . . . maybe we can pick up some other clues elsewhere.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Good idea Daggers. Let's not hang around gawking at furniture. This could ruin my reputation. How about we head off?"

Does the main passageway outside of the room 6g lead any further north or is that the end of the hallfway? Are those doorways along the edges of the hallway or are they simply part of the map drawing?


The corridor does not lead any further north. There are only two more doors on the eastern side and three on the western side.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Ok my friends, let's check the door across the hall. Maybe whoever lives here has a whole suite that they use for themselves and their guests."

Kyren gestures to the door across he hall (at AV18). "Alchy, will you do the honors and open this door for us? I am very eager to see more furniture and see if the room is feng shui."


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa shrugs and nods in agreement, and then heads over to open the door.


The door is closed and a quick check reveals it has an arcane lock like the other one - and just as you realize that, the booming voice returns

THIS IS THE HOUSE OF LUST - YOU SHALL NOT ENTER!


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"Bedroom." Berry says.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Ok, ok, Berry, let's not get squeemish. You don't need to enter, but we should at least look inside. So, could you kindly try opening it with one of your most useful talents as you did the room of envy. If you get really stuck, I can still pull out a little knock knock here and there. I'm not sure if an arcane lock of lust is as resistant to my charms!"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Your quaint humancentric morality means nothing to me, I am Natures child, and she cares not for your strictures. My karma will run over your dogma." Alcheringa asserts matter of factly. "Do you want to remove the lock, or do I need to just destroy the door Kyren?"


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"Um." Berry says as her brows furrow at Alcheringa's statement. "That's not how karma works. Or dogma for that matter. It would have been better for you to say that your natural philosophy overridesour cultural and social structures or taboos based upon common sexual practices and views on privacy."


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"That too. Regardless, their strange customs and traditions have no bind on me." he then looks at the door expectantly.


LOl, back to philosophy, eh? :)


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Never really left :p

Lockpicker on holidays. We can wax lyrical about doors. Or maybe Alchy can go all feral and just smash it


Could cost him a claw though, the doors are pretty solid


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Suppose we can wait...


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Alcheringa wrote:
" "Do you want to remove the lock, or do I need to just destroy the door Kyren?"

"The lock seems to be what is holding us up. I thought the clever Berry could apply her hidden talents, but I don't think she wants to intrude upon any lusty inhabitants. I am fine with whatever you decide to do, but I was simply hoping to see what lies beyond.


Male Human Cleric 6

Salfon rises from his silence and contemplates Perhaps the rooms were designed to keep someone in. Could these doors be opened from both sides? A boring prison..."


The doors have no handles or knobs on either side.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Ok, ok. Let's use a little magic. " Kyren waves his hand in somatic gestures and casts knock with the following words "Hocus Pocus, Who's There?"

Caster Check 1d20 + 7 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 10 = 23


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Ok, ok. Let's use a little magic. " Kyren waves his hand in somatic gestures and casts knock with the following words "Hocus Pocus, Who's There?"

Caster Check 1d20 + 7 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 10 = 36


Kyren summons the magical energies anew - the arcane key forms floating midair and this time successfully opens the door - it swings inward but the first sighs among his companions already signal to him that all the magic was futile here. The room looks exactly like the house of envy, even the furniture is identical.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Not much to be envious about"


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"I was expecting a little more from the Room of Lust. Even the furniture does not look that interesting. So what comes next after Envy and Lust. Anyone want to make and bets on Gluttony next?"

5,251 to 5,300 of 7,682 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.