Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


5,201 to 5,250 of 7,682 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>

@ Salfon: There are no signs of magic.

- Waiting for Berry


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

Muttering to herself about stupid trick questions and noting the poor grammar of the riddle she checks the lock on the left door before opening it.


I asked you to roll a knowledge history check :)


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

Unless it was a DC lower than ten I cant pass it without ransk in it. :P


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 But here it is untrained for your benefit.


Oh sorry! I was thinking of Berry as a roundly trained scientist...my fault.

Berry finishes her searching of the door and checking of the lock, quickly she comes to the conclusion that the door is locked from the inside but not trapped.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Well, let's not let a locked door stop us from fulfilling our destiny!"

Kyren waves his hands in somatic gestures and casts knock with the following words "Alakabee, Kyren says open sesame!"


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

Think of her more as a biologist. :D


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa peers at the door and the walls to determine whether there is natural rock around the offending door or whether it has been all worked and shaped by man.

"Think there is any metal reinforcing these walls?"


The walls are all man-made but they don't look like metal has been used to stabilize them.

Kyren's magic has meanwhile opened the western door. Slowly it swings open and reveals a tunnel behind it which opens up into a larger room with another door at its western end.

Description of the room follows once you have entered it.

Tomb


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"That will do."

Alcheringa picks up and starts to enter the new room.
Description time?:)


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Kyren follows along, looking around carefully.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

"Do you think there are any unwelcome guests creeping about?"


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

Berry enters.


A strange statue of a half-snake, half-human creature stands in a wide alcove to the south of two larger stone doors. Comprising the lower body of a coiling serpent and the upper torso of a human woman, the statue has six wings and a disk containing a seven-pinted star instead of its head. Its crossed arms hold a quill and a whip, and the entire statue is covered in verdigris. The faint outline of strange runes can be made out beneath the patina coating the statue.

Knowledge Religion DC 20:

This is a statue of the goddess Lissala, the lady of runes, fate and the reward of service. Her worship was common in old Thassilon, but today she is mostly forgotten.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Hmm, maybe those with magical eyes can take a look at that statue, see if it's going to do somethign freaky like come alive and try to kill us dead, before we try those doors?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

That would certainly ruin our day now, wouldn't it? Crazzleboks, I am not sure I really like these half snake creatures. They don't even have rattles to warn you when they are nearby and eager to bite!"

Kyren moves his hands in a quick wave to cast detect magic with the following words, "Presta allakajone, let the magic be known!"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"That wouldn't be very wise of them to have a rattle, any more than Blaze or myself should wear a little bell..." Alcheringa delivers with his slightly alien humour.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Blaze growls when she's hankerin' for a fight, though, doesn't she? ;-)


There is a faint aura of magic emanated by the statue - the fabric the magic is made of is highly unusual and very very old to say the least. You feel that the aura has once been very strong but time has taken its toll and only an echo of its former power remained.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Soooo . . . if it's just a trace of magic, perhaps it's safe to pass? What do you experts think?


Male Human Cleric 6

"I believe we can continue, but best be on high guard. The old magic has faded with time, but perhaps this was meant to serve as a symbol of the keeper's power. Powerful mages look for vile ways to prevent or embrace death and protect what was theirs. Let us be quick." Salfon says as he prepares his blade.


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

"Sooooooo. What's the statue about? Looks like a naga. Or a yuan-ti. OH! OR maybe an extinct race of snake elves! I heard once there was a type of elf for each occupation that ever existed once long ago!"


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"I am in complete agreement with Salfy! I sense a faint dweomer, but I doubt that it has the potency that it had of old. Perhaps if we walk by casually and pretend not to pay it much heed, then it will do the same for us. And although a bell would be very cute on Blaze, not to mention very Kazamakillikus, I suppose that it is better not to tempt fate."


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Statue isn't bothering me, so I wont bother it. Lets move past and give it distance"


Nothing happens as you cautiously push open the heavy portal - behind there is another tunnel leading westwards with a door on the left and two branches to the right.

Perception DC 25:

There are sounds coming from the north. Steps and shuffling....


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

Before moving much further Berry downs one thign of alchemical allocation and then spit cycles her elixir of vision.

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26 Perception for box.

Then as her eyes and ears adjust she hunkers down to look about the floor before staring back up.

"There's something to the north passage. Like steps or shuffling. I bet it's the bodies walking away."


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"Well, I suppose north it is then. From what Berry says, it sounds as if people are dying to get out of here."


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

I'd intended to take point with Al--Salfon, you mind if we change places?

I'll trust Berry's ears--let's investigate where she hears that noise


Tomb

You turn around the corner and momentarily the sounds stop - the long corridor now lying before you has two doors on the right and two on the left, but it still leads deeper into the tomb.


Male Human Cleric 6

Great. Salf will follow Vaughn. So, before we proceed, switch Kyren and I? If that's okay with Kyren.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Think they might be trapped?" Enquires Alcheringa,who then positions himself and casts...

Detect Magic


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Stop pushing, Salfy! If you want to be next to Blaze, that's fine, but remember not to pet him while we are in battle! "

Turning to the great cat, Kyren says, "Don't worry Blaze, I will not be far away. I am right behind you!"

Kyren gives the cat one quick pet as he changes place with Salfon.


A bit disappointed, Alcheringa feels no aura of magic.


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

So where to? Berry asks.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Well, Perryberry, you suggested north earlier. Does that still sound reasonable to you or are you disturbed by the lack of magical auras?"


Male Human Cleric 6

"Leaving unchecked rooms behind us would be most unwise in this forsaken place."


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Salfon, I have to disagree in this case. We don't know that there's anything threatening to the south. Berry heard somethign north--I'd rather not leave THAT behind me. I say this way, where she heard it.


Again a bit disappointed you soon find out that the tunnel ends after another half dozen metres. Two more doors lie here, but the source of the noise Berry heard earlier remains obscure.

Tomb


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

I head toward teh door to our right, looking to our more perceptive party members (whether due to magic, naturally hieghtened senses, or chemical enhancements!)

Shall we?


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

Berry moves north keeping an eye out for traps.

1d20 + 23 ⇒ (13) + 23 = 36 trap searching.
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27 General perception.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"We shall! Let's proceed!"

Kyren follows along, watching carefully. He looks back over his shoulder frequently.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa potters along...


Male Human Cleric 6

Salfon nods in agreement with Vaughn and falls into line, keeping his eyes on the rear.

Not Vaughn's rear.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

but Vaughn's in very good shape--it's an exceptional rear


I bet there is a feat somewhere with that name..."exceptional rear"...

After Berry has signalled that she can't find any kind of trap, Vaughn slowly pushes the door open - or rather tries to. The thing is solid as a mountainside, but after some moments of futile excercise, suddenly a voice out of nowehere booms

THIS IS THE HOUSE OF ENVY. YOU SHALL NOT ENTER!

If you have hoped to move unseen through this dungeon this hope has just died...


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Loud Booming Voice wrote:
"THIS IS THE HOUSE OF ENVY. YOU SHALL NOT ENTER!"

"Did you hear that? I think somebody knows we are here, and they sound very envious!"

Kyren looks all around just in case some creatures start attacking.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Nope, the corridor remains empty and verything is silent again.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Ok wee bluets. Maybe we bluet it that time, but maybe we didn't. Let's proceed carefully. But first, let me do a quick check. Are anyone of you envious that I am so short? Hehe. just checking. Well, I say let's keep going and see if the voice is fibbing."


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Do I strike you as someone who is envious?" Alcheringa asks incredulously. "I think we should just push on"


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"I didn't think so, my elven friend, but I thought I would do a little check to see if this indeed is the house of envy!"

5,201 to 5,250 of 7,682 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.