Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


5,151 to 5,200 of 7,682 << first < prev | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | next > last >>

Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"I only know Golemsmiths, the Ardocs, I don't believe I have met any great enchanters. Perhaps the best I can offer is to keep one in mind and should I find him or her to ferry them down to you. I have no interest in the bones of the dead that you guard, as they are in their rightful place - returned to the earth to feed its richness so the plants and animals can remain fed. So now I would like to pass. Maybe theres a way to free your bonds on the far side besides."


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Alchy wrote:
"You haven't met my friends"

Heeeey?! Is Alchy talking about us? I didn't think I was that intrusive!

Kyren watches with great interest, but decides to hold his tongue.

Go Alchy! I see, my druid friend was a bit of the sweet talker in him if he wants to use it!


Would you really do that?

a spark of hope becomes visible in the stony face

You seem to be trustworthy, so I will let you pass, but be warned: deadlier and soulless guardians wait in the tunnels beyond me. You have to be very cautious and avoid all ways that lead you deeper...down there the black ones rule unchallenged. At the moment they stir in their slumber and I fear that the expanding city will soon wake them up...


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Crazzleboks! That's all we need is deadlier and soulless guardians sleeping downstairs where they rule unchallenged. I am not sure that even my harp will sooth the savage beasts within them.

Kyren watches and listens to this discussion further, but remains silent as Alchy talks.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Your caution is well noted Brother-Earth. I will stay alert for the chains that bind you, and be wary of the dead that roam."

Alcheringa stands back up, ready to move onwards.


With another grinding sound the mouth of the stone portal opens slowly. Soon the jaw is dislocated and the the portal is wide enough to move trhough into an even inkier darkness...

Changes in marching order or behaviour?

Fare well, elf, may your body be of iron and your mind of quicksilver.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

I clap Al's shoulder. You certainly have a way with words, my friend!

I let Al go first, then I'll follow--same order, I believe . . .


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"I just point out the truth"

Al wanders along again, as though there is nothing remotely unusual about the whole situation.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Satisfied, with the results of that encounter, Kyren jovially follows along.

"So Alchy, do you think you have any idea how to break the chains that bind that construct?"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Suppose we might need an enchanter like it suggests. The man was no golemsmith so he must have been some kind of Wizard, which suggests there must either be some focus or device binding the creature or clues in a workshop, or we need a very powerful magician to dispel the other's work"


Following the tunnel and discussing the magic theories binding the earth spirit, you nearly don'T notice a light ahead of you. About 200 ft away a robed figure is holding a torch, standing in the centre of a crossroads.

The robe is of a milky white with dark patterns on it. The figure does not move and seems to be holding a map or something similar in one hand, maybe checking directions.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa just keeps walking forward.

"Hello traveller!" he proclaims when within 100'

Assuming no one else jumps in


The robed figure turns around, obviously startled by your presence. She - you can now make out that the figure is female - lifts a scythe and shouts

Who dares to enter the Godsmouth Ossuary without being invited by the Church of Pharasma?

her voice sounds angry, but also a bit fearful.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Who dares tell a Druid, Child of the Earth Mother, that he might not go freely where he pleases within her breast?" Alcheringas tone matches hers back, not threatening, but certainly assertive of his right to be here.


I, Thasantha, priestess of Pharasma!

her voice sounds more resolute now, maybe she is just happy that you are no graverobbers.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Alcheringa, Child of the Earth Mother"

He continues to move forward, not threatening, just one traveller meeting another upon a road.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"Hi Thasantha! I'm Berry! This is Alchy! That's Kyren! That's Salfon and that's Vaughn!" Berry says cheerfully pointing out each member of the group in turn.


The stern-looking priestess of Pharasma is a bit flabbergasted by the whole incident: meeting group of joyful travellers at the inner sanctum of her cult is surely a thing she didn't expect.

I...err...and what do you do here? You...oh dear, you must have entered through the cliff-cave?!


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Hiya, I am Kyren Toscobble, and I am here to bring music to the darkest places of the world. Here, let me play for you my dear priestess. You look like you could use a little uplifting! Here, this is a piece called "Elation!"

As huge smile crosses his face as Kyren pulls out his harp and begins playing this exciting rip on his harp.

Harp Perform 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35


This is a...nice tune...but still, you surely haven't come here to play your instrument. I demand that you tell me what business you have down here. The lower levels are forbidden to enter and being here is really dangerous.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Our business is our own, and a Druid answers to no one when he wanders any part of this world, for it is a part of him and he is a part of it. I owe you no answer in that the right hand need not account to the left for its whereabouts and activities. If it makes you feel better then I will say I we have no interest in the dead, unless of course they are the walking type that impede our path. What are you doing here is just as valid a question."


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"We're looking for a dark and mysterious~ auction where they are selling a paper that gives all the Andorans their right to tell others how oppressed they are! It's weird but it lets me get to see places I've always wanted to see. Hey how do you even get wood and oil for that torch! It's really hard to get down here as it is even without the talking door!" Berry chimes in cheerfully.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Indeed, the cheery Berry Peelyblossom speaks the truth. We are seeking the Bazaar of Secrets. Would you kindly give us directions on the safest way to get there? We certainly do not wish to disturb anything down here that might be sleeping, resting, or simply trying to be dead. Would you happen to know which way to go?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23


Male Human Cleric 6

Salfon nods in respect to the priestess and keeps his Dawnflower pendant fully exposed, silently pointing out his affiliation.


The priestess ignores the druid - she obviously shies away from an argument with a servant of the Earth Mother. As she notices the Dawnflowers pendant, she smiles and her voice sounds a bit softer when she addresses Kyren:

The Bazaar of Secrets? Never have I heard of such a place?! How were you able to pass the Iron Mouth? she looks at Alcheringa and adds Oh well, I guess I know how...you don't look like grave robbers...maybe...yeah maybe I could help you finding that Bazaar...even though I've never heard that name before, if you could help me?!


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
priestess wrote:
Oh well, I guess I know how...you don't look like grave robbers...maybe...yeah maybe I could help you finding that Bazaar...even though I've never heard that name before, if you could help me?!

"I would be happy to help if I could, but I am just a wee halfling. But tell me anyway, what can I do for you?"


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

We do need that information--not that you know about it--so, let's hear what you need.


Bodies vanish...I mean...the tombs on this level aren't safe anymore, we have reports of bodies vanishing from their graves...most probably stolen - but why we cannot say. It's extremely embarassing for the church of Pharasma and we have to act, but we don't have the type of agents necessary for such an endeavour...I...heh. she seems nervous and somehow you get the feeling that she has already said more than she was allowed to.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"Maybe they just got up and walked away? That happens all the time in my lab. The key is to have good strong straps and a club handy when they do that. After that the autopsy is usually uneventful. Oh, unless the body was infested with rot grubs, then you have to apply a powerful pesticide or they'll eat your insides out."


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3
Berry Peelyblossom wrote:
"Maybe they just got up and walked away? That happens all the time in my lab. The key is to have good strong straps and a club handy when they do that. After that the autopsy is usually uneventful. Oh, unless the body was infested with rot grubs, then you have to apply a powerful pesticide or they'll eat your insides out."

I'm guessing you either learned that last part from a book, or had a very horrible real-life lesson that the teacher didn't survive!

.
Um, miss--you think you could maybe walk by somewhere that, oh, I don't know . . . might have a body missing from it? So some intrepid souls might have a quick look?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"So tell me about these creatures who went missing from their graves. Do you think they became undead and left of their own twisted calling, or do you think robbers came and took them out for their wealth?"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa just stands passively, watching the conversation unfold.


No no, they didn't leave on their own feet! Someone has disturbed their rest and brought them away, we would have sensed it if the bodies we watch over had been infused with the curse of undeath. They all stem from one locked complex on the lower levels, not far from here...maybe, yeah maybe you could enter this complex and check if you find the source of the disturbance?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"This place sounds like the heart of darkness! That's our specialty. But tell me, my dear priestess, will this help us recover the Andoran Bill of Freedom? I mean, we are happy to help, but we don't have much time to recover it. While we investigate this locked complex, could you kindly find for us the bazaar of secrets?"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Hmm suppose this sounds interesting, even if for just the pleasure of solving a mystery"


I can surely do that. The elders of our clergy know every inch below the Ossuary. I will tell them about you and their profound knowledge about the tunnels will aid you in your wish to help the people from Andoran. she says solemnly.


Male Human Cleric 6

Salfon remains quiet, thinking of the necromancy they'll surely come to face. He waits to be led to the elders before asking about the evils.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Pristess wrote:
"I can surely do that. The elders of our clergy know every inch below the Ossuary. I will tell them about you and their profound knowledge about the tunnels will aid you in your wish to help the people from Andoran."

"Kazam! That sure would be swell! Let's go check out the lower complex. Uhh, could you tell us how to get there? Thanks!"

Kyren leads the others by staying in the middle of the party and prompting them to move around him for protection.

"Ok, boys, lady, and cat! Onward Wee Bluets!"


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

OK, I'll stay at point. Al, you with me?

I'll wait for directions from our new acquantence.


"Lets enjoy a nice walk and talk then Vaughn"


Ossuary

Thasantha nods and leads you further down the tunnel, through several locked doors (she has a keyring with an enormous amount of keys with her) and further down into the rock on which Kaer Maga is built. Your journey through the darkness ends in front of a massive double doors entirely made of iron. Wordless, the priestess opens it and points at a spiral stairwell in a small room behind it.

Follow the stairs, down there is the crypt I spoke about. I will stand watch here.

-------------

Once you have followed the stairwell down:

Old carvings cover the walls of this square chamber, thick with dust and cobwebs. Three sets of stone double doors stand in the three facing walls. Heavy bronze seals emblazoned with the symbol of Pharasma secure the doors and whatever lies beyond.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Muttering slightly Berry pushes ahead adn observes the doors noting the seal and running a finger along the seams of the door.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 Check for traps on the west door.


No traps there - but try a History check DC 20 please. And everyone else, try a perception check Dc 20 pls.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 <--hah!!

I notice EVERYthing.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21


While Berry takes a closer look at the door, the others have time to let their gaze wander around the room - there, next to the northern door is a graffiti, scrawled on it a long time ago:

My heart beats on the wrong side of my chest, or is it right? Is left right, or is it wrong? I don't know what it means or why.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Knowledge, History 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Kyren still has trouble noticing anything, but he is getting better.

"Will you look at that! Graffitti! It is sad to think that riff raff gather even down here in the depths of the earth to write such strange words about the heart! What do you think they were writing about?"


Male Human Cleric 6

Salfon merely looks into the room, and judges that his Elven and Halfling friend can see much better here. But he takes the time, while Berry looks at the lock, to quickly cast a spell.

Throw a Detect Magic into the room, forward. Just looking for anything substantial that would pick up.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Huh. that's a weird thing to write.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"I like how he asks if left is right or right is wrong. Either he is very dim witted or very clever. Crazzleboks! Maybe we are on the trail to another heart of darkness!"

5,151 to 5,200 of 7,682 << first < prev | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.