Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


5,051 to 5,100 of 7,682 << first < prev | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | next > last >>

Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Kazam, If you know somebody who could help us find the Bazaar of Secrets, that would be really great, Daggers!"

Turning back to the Andoran, Kryen asks, "Tell me, Tony, do you have much contact with the Bellflower Network in your line of work?"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"I just know the best ways to hunt. The ways and whiles of Man are a bit of a mystery to me. So much weight and import given to a piece of paper is beyond my understanding. A mashed pile of reeds and a bit of ink..."

Alcheringa shrugs as though the thought seems pretty alien.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Crazzleboks, Alchy, this piece of paper is extremely important! It carries with it a deep magic beyond even the mysterious magic of money mojo! This paper has the power to inspire and call many others people to action. The paper itself may be mashed reeds and ink, but the content on that paper will work in a way that even the most powerful of arcane magics would fail to do."


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Hmmm well no one said anything about such magic! you were all just talking about paper... didn't make any sense until you said magic! Well if there's a potent mojo on it, now I see why they want it"

"Plan is the same. Find the auction, find the winner, then take it off the winner"


The Bellflower Network? there is a sparkle in Tony's eyes and he quickly asks

Are you into farming and gardens then?

----

Waiting for Daggers' plan.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Like I said, I know a guy who knows a guy . . . we can do some chit-chat, but it's late and I thought I'd pick up the "action" in the morning

OK, I'll talk to my contacts tomorrow and see what I can turn up.

I'm ready to go back to the REvive for the night, and go see Goldie in the morning. After I talk to him, I'll pick up my new dagger, then meet up with the gang to discuss whether Iv'e picked up enough info to move, or if we need a new plan!


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Was I able to get my item in Kaer Maga? Amulet of Mighty Fists +0 (D6 flame damage)?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Tony wrote:
"Are you into farming and gardens then?"

"Are you kidding? My old man was a tiller and we grew up grazing and sowing crops all over Varisia. You could say I was born with a green thumb!"


@ Al: Didn't we have that already? I'm getting old....yes, you got your amulet.

A tiller? What a nice coincidence, I'm a friend of many farmers and I think the gardens of Kaer Maga are nearing harvest season. Maybe we can speak about agriculture after you found the bill?

@ Vaughn: Keke, we will soon skip to the next day.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Yay thanks


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Tony wrote:
"A tiller? What a nice coincidence, I'm a friend of many farmers and I think the gardens of Kaer Maga are nearing harvest season. Maybe we can speak about agriculture after you found the bill?"

"Most certainly, Tony. So tell me, will you be staying here at the broken chain with the Fremen until this whole affair with the Bill of Freedom and the Bazaar of Secrets is all cleared up?"

Turning to Vaughn, Kyren asks, "So, Daggers, do you really know somebody who can help us find this secret bazaar? Should I pull out my old eastern artifact disguise?"

When everyone is ready, Kyren will depart with the others to wherever Eliot leads them.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

I *might* know someone. He's got a lot of contacts with the seedier side of things, he might be able to help us.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Lead on Vaughn :)


Splendid! I mean splendid that you already have some kind of clue. I will be staying here enjoying Turodan's hospitality.

After your talk with Tony and Turodan you return to the Revive where Bobo has his hands full with a group of troll tourists - but now that Berry is with him, you don't have to worry that the chef ends as the dessert.

It's still a bit strange that now, after the doings of Alcheringa, a morning is a sensation you can really feel/see. A single ray of rose light falls through the gap and gently wakes you up.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Ahh, a new day, an opportunity to help in the cause of freedom, and sunlight in the Revive! Life certainly is looking up!"

Kyren jumps out of bed, gets dressed and heads downstairs to prepare for the upcoming adventure. While he waits for the others to get up and start the day, the halfling pulls out his harp and begins practicing a series of reels that he is going to use in his next performance.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

*snifffffff* Mmmmm the morning sun sure makes things seem better, even just a morning inhale, dunnit?! Thanks Al.
.
I'll see you all shortly.

I'll grab whatever form of breakfast pastry Bob has to offer, and head straight to see Godie's place and seek him out--with my voice.

GOLDIE, ye big ol' galut!! Gecher arse out here and share a tankard wicher boy!!


You grab some of the new pudding brezels Bobo made yesterday evening - they are surprisingly good!

Only a moment of silence follows your greeting, then the window shutters of one of the rooms on the first floor is blasted open - actually one of the shutters is torn of the wall and misses your head only by two or three hand's breadth.

Ha! Me boy Vaughn, the only manling with guts! Watcha doin' here?! Wait, Oi'll be roight there!

Soon after, Goldie rushes out of his bar, wearing only the lower half of his pyjama.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

oops--didn't hink it was that early, but then Goldie is gonna be a night owl, ain't he??

After the customary clasping of forearms in greeting, I'll sit with him.

I met a friend of yours the other day: Dorgrin Dragonbiter. You two seem to have a bit o' history; I'd love to sit with you both and hear the stories that come out!
.
But I'm actually here for business, and I wouldn't have come so early if there wasn't a bit of time pressure.
I'll lean in closer, dropping my voice. Me and my friends need to find the Bazaar of Secrets. I figured you'd have enough knowledge of the, er, more secretive aspects of this town, and you might be able to help us.


Dorgrin? Hah! The only Dragonboiter left - Oi guess ye know how the others doied?! Heh!

as you lower your voice Goldie senses the adventure hidden in your words and smiles with excitement

Oulala, the Bazaar of Secrets?! he whistles and arches an eyebrow

Ye're starting to play with the big goys, eh? Good boy - where it is? Ye know the Godsmouth Ossuary?


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

I'm sure I can find it . . .the "big boys," eh? Good thing I've got Dorgin fixing me up a new dagger!


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Just pasting to say im still about just going about work at the revive until im fetched for further shenanigans.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Is this another rat-hunt?" Alcheringa looks at the group, one eyebrow raised. "Suppose the last one was good enough, lots of man Money-Mojo from it, can't believe the stupid menfolk traded a pile of worthless gold for the magical beauties I wanted" Alcheringa still appears to be in a state of incredulous disbelief.

"Can't eat a copper"


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Alchy wrote:
" "Suppose the last one was good enough, lots of man Money-Mojo from it, can't believe the stupid menfolk traded a pile of worthless gold for the magical beauties I wanted"

"I admit, shiny coins of the realm are not everything. They cannot buy happiness, but they can certainly buy a good meal at the Gryphon Plume, which is pretty close to happiness. So Alchy, what are the magical beauties that you wanted?"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Just a small amulet for when I take on the aspect of the great hunting cat, to imbue my strikes with some of natures cleansing flame - the faster I kill my prey the sooner I eat... so dodn't need gold eh? Besides, there is food everywhere, this city is just one gigantic larder"


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"I think you are right, Alchy! The more I think about it, food does lead to happiness. I always see you cat types purr after a tasty morsel of meat and platter of milk to lick up! Too bad more people didn't purr like the great cats to led us know how they are feeling."


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"We draw our sustenance and life force feeding on the earth until our day comes where we in turn feed the earth; when we adhere to the cycle we can derive great happiness"


Somewhere else in Ankar-Te Goldie nods thoughtfully

Vaughn, ye're a good boy, but don't act loike an idiot. The Bazaar of Secrets is a very dangerous place...a place where people tend to vanish...ahem...ye will need more than a dagger to stay aloive - what about yer friends, will they be with ye?

without waiting for your answer he pulls out an old piece of parchment and sketches the outlines of Kaer Maga on it...

That's the cliff...ye have to climb down...about 250 feet deep to foind the hidden entrance to the ossuary.


Male Human Cleric 6

Salfon listens eagerly to the conversation Kyren and Alcheringa share. He nods at everything they both say.

Just chiming in. I'm still here, just quiet :D


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3
Zyren DM wrote:

Somewhere else in Ankar-Te Goldie nods thoughtfully

Vaughn, ye're a good boy, but don't act loike an idiot. The Bazaar of Secrets is a very dangerous place...a place where people tend to vanish...ahem...ye will need more than a dagger to stay aloive - what about yer friends, will they be with ye?

Don't worry, me friend, I've got a bunch of daggers!! Hehe. Yes, my friends will be there. We look out for each other--they're all very competent and trustworthy. No worries.

Quote:
That's the cliff...ye have to climb down...about 250 feet deep to foind the hidden entrance to the ossuary.

Hmm, that's quite a climb. I take it the bazaaar is down there? easy enough to find from there?


Heh...yeah, easy enough - no wait, that was what the goy said who didn't return from there... Goldie grins and points at a bench in front of his bar. After you have seated yourself... The thing is: The Ossuary is a sacred place of Pharasma and the sepulchre of some ancient royal doynasty. One can either enter it through the Godsmouth Cathedral - logically that's forbidden - and then there is the rat run from the cliff soide. Frankly speaking, I have never troied that tour and don't know many who did and returned - surely not many - so Oi can't tell ye much about the way once ye are insoide the bluff.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

huh. Well, we've got somethin that was taken from folks we know, and is to be sold at an auction at the Bazaar. So that's where we're headed, and I thank ye kindly for the information. Ye continue to prove yeself a class act.
.
I'll pass this on to my buddies; some of them are silver-tongued enough that maybe they can gather a bit more info about the place before we go spelunking. Since you ain't been down there yerself, I won't bother asking if ye have any idea of what we might expect. But, you heard of anything on the climb we might need to keep our eyes open for? Or even on the way?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Well, Bobo, I've got to keep my chops up otherwise I am bound to get a little rusty. My dear pop would not be too pleased if he knew how little I've been practicing."

Kyren, well aware that he may not have many more chances to play his harp before heading out on his adventure brings his harp to the dining room and begins playing for the guests.

Perform 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

The halfling eyes his audience to gauge their reaction as he plays a composition he has entitled 'Kazam'!


Keep yer Oyes open for? Two things I'd say: First - the gargoyles. They nest on top of the city wall. Horrific creatures, half stone, half flesh. Razor-sharp claws, tremendous speed and large fangs - don't think Oi have to say more, eh? Second - these freaks with their mansoized koites!

-----

Bobo hums along with the tune and as the first guests begin to clap, he joins them

Ka-a-a-zam, yeah, yeah yeah!


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Me thanks, Goldie. Ye can becher bum that I'll be brinigng ye back some stories from this trip. And ye can becher ARSE that I'll be charging ye an equal share of stories--with interest!!--from you and Dorgin!! I'll let you two brutes drink me unner the table while re regale each other with tales o' glory!!

Then I'll head to Dorgin's forge.

Mornin'. I'm here to pick up me dagger. Be it ready?

I'll assume it is! :-)

Dorgin, yer a genius! Tell ye what--I just talked to Goldie. When I get back from my next little trip, we three can trade some stories while I buy you all the ale yer belly can hold.

Finally, I head back to the Revive. Once everyone is gathered, I'll fill them in.

Here's the deal. The only way we're going to get to the Bazaar is by scaling down this cliff . . . here I take out Goldie's impromptu map of the city . . . into the Godsmouth Ossuary. It's 250 feet down to a hidden entrance. The Ossuary is some kind of burial ground for an ancient dynasty, sacred to Pharasma. I doubt we'll be particulary welcome--that is, if we get past the gargoyles at the cliff. That's all the information I could get; my contact didn't know anyone who'd ever made it down the cliff then back up again. Sooooo . .. maybe armed with this, we can find out a little more before heading down? And maybe stock up on whatever tid-bits will help us down, and back up? I, for one, am going to buy a potion of Fly for this as my ace-in-the-hole.

I sit back and see how the group absorbs the data, and see who has what other ideas to share.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"Great!" Berry says cheerfully then adds. "Why are we going there again?"


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"If you want, I would be happy to take out my striking pink hanglider off the cliff and check it out! I'm always looking for an excuse to go for a fly!"


Not much input for a group discussion, eh?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"I have a delightful spell that I call feather fall which would allow us to drift down like a little feather on the wind. I would be happy to cast it upon all of us and we could descend with ease. However, it wouldn't hurt to keep that fly potion up your sleeve. Not that you would need to doubt the reliability of my feather fall, Daggers, but I am saying just in case."

"The only part that I don't like about your tale, Daggers, is that you mentioned that you don't know of anybody who has returned. We certainly need to acquire the Bill of Freedom, but we do need to come back as well!"


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

yeah, pretty quiet . . .

Well, "they" aren't "us." I think we'll be OK if we just play it smart. Anyone else want anything while I'm out getting a potion? Otherwise, I'll be back here in a half-hour; we can get started right away if y'all are ready . . .

I'll go grab a potion of Fly, and head back, obvioulsy ready to go.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Anybody else need anything while Daggers goes out shopping? This would be the time to go, because if it is fine with all of you, we could leave when he gets back! I am all supercharged up with my spells!"

When everyone is ready, Kyren will lead everybody to the cliff edge of Kaer Maga and prepare for the descent to the Godsmouth Ossuary.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"Yeah!" Berry chimes in. "Why are we going there again?"


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3
Berry Peelyblossom wrote:
"Great!" Berry says cheerfully then adds. "Why are we going there again?"

Uh, to recover the Fremen's stolen document? Remember the discussion we had last night with Torudan?


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"The ogre?"

No seriously she wasn't there. You left and a bunch of people went a long but berry remained behind. Because, well, no one invited her along. That and she still has a day job. Kind of. Sort of. Does converting the restaraunt into a mad science lab count?


Surely!


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Let me explain it to you, Berry! The ogre is a body guard to a very important Andoran by the name of Tony. Tony has informed us that the Andoran Bill of Freedom has been stolen and is about to be auctioned off at a place below Kaer Maga called the Bazaar of Secrets. Tony and all of the good free people of the world need our help to find this document and return it to its rightful place! If you want to come along and help, you may, but I should warn you that this is a very dangerous job. Daggers has discovered that the only way to get there is over the edge of cliff into the Godsmouth Ossuary. I also understand that the chance of returning is slim to none, especially since our contact has told us that he has never heard of anyone returning from this place. So do you want to come along, or do you prefer waiting tables for Bobo here at the Revive?"


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"Oh wow the godsmouth ossuary? I've always wanted to go there!"


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3
Berry Peelyblossom wrote:
No seriously she wasn't there. You left and a bunch of people went a long but berry remained behind.

My apologies. I thought everyone went along, never occurred to me to invite indivduals.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Hmmmm so a bunch of people who seem to spend their time complaining a lot want us to go marching into certain death to find their peice of paper with some mojo on it because someone stole it and is selling it to someone else, and both the thief and the buyer are mighty enough to go into an area that is said to be so nasty that no one really knows anyone who ever went there and survived... that seems a lot being asked for not much in return over something that doesn't really matter"

"I'm starting to think that these Andorans have brought a lot of this trouble on themselves, in the way a sheep tempts the wolf by being small brained"

"I'll go down to the Ossuary though, because I am interested in what is down there, but if I get this mojo paper I am not handing it back until I have deciphered its hidden secrets."


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Boy, Al, the way you put it sounds crazy! As far as deciphering the mojo, I doubt you're going to get very far. The paper itself isn't really what's important. It's what the paper represents--it's a symbol. The paper itself, even what his written on it, is probalby secondary to the *ideas* that it represents. The ideas give the symbol power.
.
*shrug* meh, maybe I'm wrong, who knows?

in any case, I run out and grab a potion of fly, then head back.

ready to go.

Um, is Jazz still here? Is he coming too??


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Don't worry about Daggers, Alchy. The mojo is cleverly hidden, but I have no doubt that together we will be able to decipher its magic. However at the very least, we can copy the magic into our own books and save it for another time!"

When everyone returns and we are ready to depart, Kyren calls out, "That's it! It is time to go. Good bye, Bobo! Keep the home fires burning, and be sure to restrict mixitation to the edible ingredients! See you in a day or so!"

Kyren leads the Wee Bluets across the city to the cliff edge to prepare for the descent.

5,051 to 5,100 of 7,682 << first < prev | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.