Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


451 to 500 of 7,680 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

After a word of Esfana and Torald, Nox is permitted to sleep in the temple's barracks, as are the two Iomedites and the bard.
I assume that's OK for you?!
Alcheringa meanwhile finds a deserted shed in the Downmarket District in the yard of a brothel where he and Blaze can spend the night unnoticed.

Thanks to his keen senses Alcheringa awakes about 4 hours before sunrise, the same time the remaining party members in the temple are woken by one of the guards.

This will give everyone enough time to prepare spells etc. If someone needs to regenerate, she regains 1hp.

Again it has begun to drizzle and a strong westwind has come up which tears fiercely at the dilapidated buildings of Downmarket District.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Esfana left a lot of equip in the "Who the hell remember the name" inn, locked in her room,if it is ok for the temple she would like some help to move everything from that room to the temple barraks, if her possesions are watched over.How much is for the inn?


The name was "The shiny Walking Stick" :-) it's 5 SP for the inn and yes the temple guards will fetch your equipment.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa and Blaze awake from their straw beds in the rickety shed and step into the drizzle to begin their morning ritual of stretching exercises before a days hunting; they ignore the curious stares of passing customers of the nearby brothel, and continue their preparations in a relaxed and gentle manner.

Exercise done, the strange elf wanders to the side of a run down looking tavern and starts rumaging through their disposed of waste foods, picking out a bunch of fruits in a state of putresence, and a slightly rancid leg of boar meat. He smiles broadly at his bountiful harvest, and gently offers a short prayer over the nauseating meal. His short prayer to nature done, the food is restored to full freshness, bursting with life.

This performance is repeated a few times as they stroll, with Alcheringa leaving a morning meal with the occasional beggars they pass.

Alcheringa and Blaze thus walk to the temple feasting on their meals fit for kings, like they haven't a care in the world, pockets full of fresh snacks for the day ahead.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Alexite accepts the hopitality of Laval and his Iomedites and immediately heads to the room he is given.

DM Zyren:

He then promptly sneaks back out and into the adjoining temple of Shelyn where he quietly seduces some lovely little acolyte(s). He'll whisper promises of eternal love and affection as he has his way with them. He should be finished and slipping back into the temple of Iomedae just in time to encounter the rest of the party. I'll write that in my next post.


@ Alcheringa

Turning around a corner about 500m away from the temple you more or less stumble into an enormous crowd of people (mostly brothel visitors, prostitues and pimps).

The crowd has gathered around a strange scene:

In the middle of the street are five men wearing leather aprons and welding goggles, all carrying heavy hammers with them. Behind them are three iron golems vigilantly observing the street and emitting green acidic air as if they were breathing.

One of the smiths (presumably a member of the Ardoc Brotherhood), a giant of a man (nearly 2m tall) with a chest that really deserves it's name since it could easily accomodate a hope chest in it, stands in front of the others, gesturing wildly and shouting loudly to another very exotic group of men and women, who assembled on a small unimproved parcel of land between a brothel and a pub.

The second group consists of a wild bunch of men and women mostly clad in green and brown leather. They are obviously rangers and druids since nearly all of them are accompanied by various kinds of animals (at first sight you can make out boars, wolves, badgers, squirrels and hawks).
Their leader is riding an impressive dire bear, eyeing the angry golemsmith with provocative calmness.

One of the pimps next to you, eyes you closely and says with a mocking tone

Dun't ye wanna help ye tree friends, eh?


Sorry Alexite, but only Alchering is at the street scene :-).Nevertheless, shouldn't your post be in the ooc thread-Germany?!^^

Alexite:

As you enter the Shelyn temple looking for Acolytes that suit your exotic tastes, you notice:

a) A gigantic statue of Shelyn towering in the middle of the temple entirely made of rose marble.

b) Several couples praying for a romantic future.

c) A dark alcove full of swirling black mists. From time to time the mist tries to leave the depths of the alcove, but whenever it touches the rose floor it dissolves wit a hissing sound.

In the depths of the alcove you can spot a black onyx statue of a naked woman floating in mid-air. Just on second sight you notice that it is not floating but bound to chains that hang from the ceiling which end in mithril hooks driven through the "flesh" of the statue.

Underneath this gruesome piece of art is an altar also made of black onyx, which depicts several sadomasochistic scenes. A chain running from the altar to a spiked collar is binding a naked male slave to it, who dutifully licks trickles of blood from it.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Zyren DM:

Alexite looks around to see if he is noticed by anyone. If not, he then slips into the alcove to see what is happening here.

That Germany crack was just for you.=D There is a show on HBO here called Real Sex and one of the episodes showed a German cable show where people have sex with trees. All I thought was, "Wow! Forget the Scheiße videos, this is some messed up stuff!" So, knowing that you are in Germany, I had to tease you when I got the chance.


Alexite:

The alcove is empty besides the things I described before. Nevertheless you hear a whisper from the complete darkness beyond the altar...an alluring whsiper..


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Zyren DM:

Well you know I go around to the back of the alter


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa looks at the pimp with a friendly smile...
"Tree friends? I don't see any trees here, but yes there does appear to be a disturbance"

Without any hesitation, Alcheringa wanders to the edge of the gathering, ensuring he pops out equal distance between the two parties.
He continues munching his apple as though somewhat oblivious to the whole scene. After finishing his mouthfull, he turns to the large smith...

"Good morning, I heard your cries from down the street, do you need help? What could disturb you so on such a peaceful night?"


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Esfana is probably not aware of the street scene, and anyway she is busy after waking up, and i'll assume the temple has washrooms

Once woke up, Esfana prepares herself for the morning prayers, then waits for a free bath, or anyway one where she can be as alone as possible.
She enters the room wearing only a towel (or what people wear in case towels still don't exist) and tries to have a bit of relax before entering the bath tub


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

After being awaken, Torald holds his morning prayer in the temple and prepares himself for the battle.

A long shirt was common in medial times. Linen cloth was used as toweling


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

I knew what people used in medieval times, but i don't know the english terms for that


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Finally Esfana enters the tub and undresses, dropping on the floor nearby the linen smallcloth. She anjoys the feeling of the warm water on her nude skin while sinking to her neck.
"If you really love me Iomedae, you won't allow anything to happen now"
This way Esfana prepares for the incoming task.


Alexite:

As you pass the slave, bound to the altar, he tries to lick your boots and as you look down on him you recognize that he was permanently blinded.

Leaving the pathetic creature behind you, you slowly walk around the altar. In the depths of the alcove there is only darkness and as you turn around there's also only darkness. For a moment you fear to lose any sense of direction as you're suddenly pulled forth by the power of a giant. Stumbling through the darkness you see silhouettes of people rushing past you and screams mingle with the sounds of whipcracking and other means of torture.

As you regain your balance you stand in front of a colossal throne entirely made of human bodies that writhe in strange patterns and let out horrid screams.

On the throne sits a demonic creature you only know to good since you first studied the Umbral Leaves - Vreet Hall.

Her muscled body is full of wounds that heal and reopen in moments, the chains that run around her curves are spiked and tear the skin open with every movement.

With a voice, booming like a dozen trumpets but simultaneously immensely seductive she purrs mockingly:

Whom do we have here?

As you try to answer, you notice that suddenly a gagball hinders all such attempts.

A very ambitious puny human, mhh? I want you to do me a favour...nothing I couldn't do myself, but a test of your worthiness.

You will take on the ghoul's nest tomorrow, a place where also two shadows dwell in the depth of a crypt...I want you to help them flee when your friends arrive...I don not care how, but you are responsible for that they leave the crypt unharmed.

And now be a useful little slave and return to your plane...

With that said you are sucked back, again through the swirling black mists until you slam into the altar, back in the Shelyn temple.

Your body is full of small cuts and wounds that look like fingernails and bites.

You're reduced to 1 HP and gain 400XP


@ Alcheringa:

The big man, apparently annoyed by all means, throws you a wild look

Huh? And who would you be? Another lawbreaker? Me owns this land he points to the parcel of land occupied by the druids and rangers.

Tell ye friends to leave, otherwise there will be bloodshed!

within his last words, one of the golems slams his fist into the open palm of his other hand creating a metallically screeching sound.

The elf on the dire bear dismounts and walks over to you, while for the humans his walk must appear totally relaxed, you notice that he is alert by all means.

As he's only some steps away from you Blaze lays down and starts to purr.

Greetings my friend, Iam Elaster the Pristine, spokesman of the Green Faith in Kaer Maga. We are here to prevent the building of a smithy by the Ardoc Brotherhood. The land they claim is theirs only by forged contracts. We will stay here until the Duskwardens arrive and check their claim.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Zyren DM:

Little confused; is the demonic creature named Vreet Hall? Zon-Kuthon is a male, so I don't think it was supposed to be him. Also, Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 to know what are shadows and their abilities.

Alexite staggers back out of the alcove into the temple proper. He looks around for any sign of an acolyte. Spying a comely adherent, he reaches out, crying for help, but his voice is ragged and is barely more than a whisper. 'Help! Please help me."


Alexite:

Vreet Hall is one of Zon-Kuthon's three marshalls, a chain devil.
You don't know much more than that shadows are undead creatures.

The acolyte recognizes your wounds and supports you instantly

By all gods, what happened to you? she asks with horror.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6
Zyren DM wrote:

Huh? And who would you be? Another lawbreaker? Me owns this land he points to the parcel of land occupied by the druids and rangers.

Tell ye friends to leave otherwise there will be bloodshed!

Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 - If he looks like he will burst into attack mode, I want to be at least five feet away

"Oh is that all this is about, a clerical dispute on a piece of paper? I can see you are upset, and rightly so... if there has been errors made I can see that you'd be upset about it, especially so early in the morning. In fact it is so early normally only the birds are awake."

Alcheringa looks at the Iron Golem with some genuine enthusiasm, clearly impressed.

"Nature has gifted us of her bones, and from them we make tools that help sustain our lives, you artist, have in turn seemingly given those bones life! A man able to do this is surely as wise and steady as the mountains, and his insight would be almost as ageless. A wise man, a man of such capacity, would surely, as a stone sits weathering the years be impervious to waiting just a small turn of the world and the passing of a few hours? What is such a measure of time to the earth and stone, to the steel you forge? but a mere nothing"

"I seek not to tell you what to do, I seek not to disuade you or turn you from your task, I seek only to try and bring a view to avoid bloodshed that is not needed - you are an artist, not a killer. Let us call for the Duskwardens, and let us breakfast peacefully while we wait...but perhaps at an Inn, out of the rain"

"What say you, great creator?"

Diplomacy - 1d20 ⇒ 14 Attempt to calm him down, and let him back down while saving face.

Ha! unless he has a Low CHA I may have botched that :P


Obviously flattered by your kind words the leader of the Ardocs relaxes - funnily the golem follows suit.

Ha, at least an animal friend that has saved his wits. Good, we wait for the Wardens.

The elf exchanges a glance with you, then looks back to his followers and smiles

Sometimes you think you need an avalanche to fight a mudslide, but then it's just a sparrow's song that calms the storm...Thank you stranger. Should you ever be in dire straits come to the Meeting Post.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Zyren GM:

Alexite turns grateful eyes upon the young woman. 'Would you believe it was all of my adoring fans? They are wonderful, but in their enthusiasm they can become wild. They forget I am a mere mortal. The price one pays for singing of the eternal passion that is love.' As he says this last part, Alexite leans into the woman's arms, too weak to support himself.


Alexite:

The young woman supports you until you both reach a pile of rose coloured pillows.

It's love that leads us to passion. Without love there is no enthusiasm, no adoring, the world would be void and life without a reason.
You can rest here until you have recovered, I'll fetch some water to clean your wounds.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Zyren DM:

Alexite lays down upon the pillows with the aid of the young lady. As she rises to fetch water, his fingers trail down her arm. He lightly grasps her hand and holds it just long enough for her to know he meant to do so, his gaze locked with hers, the expression on his face one of quiet sincerity.


Alexite:

You recognize a spark of adventure in her eyes and she whispers to you

This is not a house of Callistria, but if you return tomorrow night I will guide you to my room and show you what we learn in Shelyn's temple. For now I think the cleaning of your wounds will demand all the stamina you have left.

She leaves you to fetch bandages and watter and for the rest of the night tends your wounds.

You regain 3hp until you meet with the others


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Zyren DM:

'May I know the name of such a sweet angel Shelyn has sent to save me?'

Alexite spends the night under her gentle ministrations, whispering sweet nothings in her ear while idly tracing patterns on her arm or cheek with his finger.

Alexite leaves his beauty sleeping and stealthily returns to the adjoining temple of Iomedae, refreshed but still showing the signs of sweet, sweet abuse. He finds some communion wine and takes a few swigs. He then goes back to the center of the temple and takes to a pew, waiting for the others to come looking for him. He nods off as he waits.

The Iomedites and the twelve year old boy find Alexite laid out upon one of the pews in the center of the temple still dressed and looking for all the world as if he had been in a cat fight. Scratches and what can only be described as bite marks are clearly seen on his face and neck. His doublet undone and shirt untied, the marks continue on his chest.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

As Torald enters the temple and sees Alexite lying half undressed in the middle of the Temple, he bursts:
Arise, you blushless cyprian or should the temple guard cart you to the prostitudes outside, from where you originate obviously?


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

Nox awoke around the same time as everyone else and spent about an hour or so performing a combination of browsing her massive waterproofed leatherbound Grimoire and verbally solving exteremely complex mathematical equations in an obscure dialect of ancient Thassilonian to gather her focus. when she finishes, she places the darn book inside her shoulder bag, uses her dagger to shave a carrot for her rabbit, and feeds the thing, wipes off the blade and places it within a scabbard hidden within one of many pockets on the exterior of her Labcoat. she then cleans up the lenses of her spectacles, Nox bathe herself if she gets the chance to (asking for permission beforehand as well), dressing herself afterwards (assuming she gets permisission to do so), and assembling all her stuff before she approaches the party.

Notes for DM Zyren:

prepare spells, feed familiar, perform basic hygene duties if given time, and oppurtuntiy and permission to do so.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6
Zyren DM wrote:
Ha, at least an animal friend that has saved his wits. Good, we wait for the Wardens.

"I am pleased we have not ruined a beautiful morning... I am most fascinated by your creations and should look to come by your workshop one day"

Alcheringa turns to the Elf,

"My brother, I thank you for the offer, and in turn extend a hand of friendship. I am glad we were able to come to a bloodless end"

His courtesies done, Alcheringa continues his rambling wander to the temple...


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Once done with prayers and bathing Esfana joins Torald.
She put on her robes, armor with shield, and sword.
"I'm ready"

On a sidenote: does someone already split scrolls and potions? I still haven't recorded any in my equip


Elsbeth sighed as she approached the closed door. The temple was always on her case - especially Laval. So she was to lend her aid to these 'adventurers'. She snorted her laughter at the thought. She would be surprised if any of them were even remotely capable.

Reaching the shut door, Elsbeth knocked curtly. "Esfana, right? Sir Laval has sent me to you." While she waited, she crossed her arms. Yeah, this little favour was going to go great.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"Laval's friends are friends of mine too, nice to meet you, lady...?"

After seeing Alexite
"OH! my...What in the holy happened to you? Or should i ask WHO happened ?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Alexite stirs at Torald's bellowing 'Hmmph? Wha's that? Ah, Torald! Thank... where am I? Is this Iomedae? Thank Iomedae! Praise be I made it here alive.' He turns at Esfana's shout of alarm. 'Oh, fair lady, I assure you I am innocent in this. I went only with the intention to entertain. To share my vocal gifts with the less fortunate. In my enthusiasm, I neglected to think it through to it's logical conclusion. The lasses, enflamed with passion at my singing, mobbed me.'

Alexite places his hand over his eyes as if to block out the sight of the lovely mob. 'I was powerless to defend myself against the misguided, but good natured attentions of my fans. They ravished me and left me lying there in a heap. I barely made it back here.'

Valiently pulling himself together, Alexite stands and puts out a hand. 'Never fear, my companions. I am ready to depart for the cemetary. I will not let my own misfortune slow you down.'


"I'm Elsbeth. And 'lady' is the wrong word, I can assure you." When they found Alexite, she frowned. Just who are these people? "You know this disgrace of a man, Esfana?"

Still scowling, she stood with her arms folded. "I highly doubt your story, good 'sir'. But if you're done desecrating the temple, I suggest we get moving."

For the benefit of the others, she nodded in greeting to them, pointedly ignoring Alexite. "I'm Elsbeth. Sir Laval thinks you need my help."

Fixed the post.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )
Elsbeth Corlas wrote:
"Do you know this man disgracing the floor, Esfana?"

"I guess it is no use to lie, even thou i would like to be able to say i don't know him. But as you probably know i'm not from around here and just was took in the temple, and he is one of the few friends i have here,so it would be unfair of me to deny him now. But surely he needs to work on his temperament, rigth Alexite?"


I fixed my post...


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2
Elsbeth Corlas wrote:
"Do you know this man disgracing the floor, Esfana?"

Alexite's upraised hand stalls the lady's assistance. 'I will have you know that I have not disgraced the floor; it's a pew.'


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Alexite sniffs with injured pride. 'I have a lovely temperament. See?' He points to one set of bite marks on his chest. 'She thought I was deliteful.' Peering at another set and looking back and forth several times to ensure they are different, he points out. 'So did she. Her, too, or maybe he.'


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

Nox looks towards the bard as he points out Maybe He in her direction. "i can assure you later that i am definitely of the female gender. you best watch your silver tongue around an Agent of the Alkenstarian Government. if i so desired, i could place permanant disfigurations all over your entire body by merely snapping my fingers. Nox pauses for a little bit

i wouldn't reccomend looking at yourself in a mirror right now.

Nox leaves a smile after the series of comments,

"I hope you like your new look, dearest Alexite, i beleive it suits you greatly"

Alexite's skin was most likely taking on a ridiculous coloration that halfling children would find funny and a hideous boil was starting to form around the bard's left cheek.

Will Save DC 14 for Alexite to make

DC 15 Spellcraft Check:

Predesitigation spell causing a hideous boil to form on Alexites Left Cheek and turn his skin a pastel pink color (Like a light pink Crayon)

the forming boil and skin color change only affect Alexites appearance and have no mechanical effect unless Zyren wants to give it one. i'd say -2 on all charisma based ability and skill checks would be reasonable. the spell lasts an hour where he will revert to normal afterwards.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2
Loremistress Nox wrote:

Nox looks towards the bard as he points out Maybe He in her direction. "i can assure you later that i am definitely of the female gender. you best watch your silver tongue around an Agent of the Alkenstarian Government. if i so desired, i could place permanant disfigurations all over your entire body by merely snapping my fingers. it will be pretty hard to pick up a whore with a boil forming over your cheek. i wouldn't reccommend looking at yourself in a mirror right now.

Will Save DC 14 for Alexite to make

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

'Shhh! Stop prattling, you're giving me a headache.' He looks back to his chest. 'Are you saying these marks look like another woman's? I thought for sure they were from a man...'


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)
Dirge Alexite Wintrish wrote:
Loremistress Nox wrote:

Nox looks towards the bard as he points out Maybe He in her direction. "i can assure you later that i am definitely of the female gender. you best watch your silver tongue around an Agent of the Alkenstarian Government. if i so desired, i could place permanant disfigurations all over your entire body by merely snapping my fingers. it will be pretty hard to pick up a whore with a boil forming over your cheek. i wouldn't reccommend looking at yourself in a mirror right now.

Will Save DC 14 for Alexite to make

Will: 1d20 + 1

'Shhh! Stop prattling, you're giving me a headache.' He looks back to his chest. 'Are you saying these marks look like another woman's? I thought for sure they were from a man...'

Nox turns to Alexite, "it's amazing how a shallow individual such as yourself managed to stave off my spell with no effect. i beleive you are just so lucky to perform that. maybe you can try to appease my frustration. i'll see you in the temple barracks after the ghoul problem is solved." Nox was obviously planning to inflict a great deal of pain on Alexite's pride. possibly by a combination of damaging his Surrogate Brain and outlasting him in the bedroom.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

'I'm going to need a secretary at this rate...' Alexite mutters to himself.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa and Blaze sit outside the Church in the drizzle, wondering what is keeping the others.


All players ready to go? You still have to distribute the items I think.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

That is what i asked yesterday


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

We are ready to go, Esfana has all the scrolls and potions, as she is the one able to use the scrolls. We can distribute potions later if/as needed. If someone particularly wants one, post up :)


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"I'm all ready"

I got all potions and scrolls, just send a voice if someone wants any


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

'I am ready, too. I think we should parcel out those healing potions now before we find we need them in the heat of battle. Rifling through your gear to find someone a potion while surrounded by ghouls is a bad idea. Rifling through your gear as you lay there unconscious trying to find where you put those potions while surrounded by ghouls is a terrible idea.'


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

'I am ready to go, too. I think we should parcel out the healing potions now. Rifling through your gear to find someone a potion while surrounded by ghouls is a bad idea. Rifling through your gear while you lay unconscious trying to find where you put those potions while surrounded by ghouls is a terrible idea.'

'I can attempt to use those scrolls as well, but to be honest, it will be difficult and I should only attempt it if you are incapacitated.'


After your assembly in front of the Trideon Temple you immerge again in infamous Ankar-Te. The streets are no less crowded at this hour then they were yesterday noon, yet the folks are others at this time.

The most strange sight is a group of peculiar, nearly naked men and women, whose skin colour is rather gray and who are full of weird crimson tattoos. At second sight you can recognize dozens of leeches on all of them.

Knowledge Local DC 15 or Knowledge Arcana DC 20:

They belong to the Hemotheurges, better known as Bloatmages. A group of wizards and sorcerers unique to Kaer Maga. It is said that they have access to some special powers that are connected to blood. One of the rumors is that they are able to imitate all sorcerer bloodline powers at will.

After you passed some of Ankar-Te's more peopled areas you come to the cemetary subdistrict. Only the wealthiest people in Ankar-Te can afford a proper grave, most are just flushed down the cliffs...

Nearly no lanterns or street lamps can be found here, and so your vision is very limited.

I think all of you forgot that Ankar-Te is one of the districts inside the city walls and that there is no daylight at all.

After some minutes you found the graveyard Laval and Worsh described earlier. It's surrounded by a quarrystone wall (about 2m high) and there is only a single gate at the south side of the cemetary. It totally quiescent and the surrounding area is devoid of people or animals.

451 to 500 of 7,680 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.