Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zirharks Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Tormad

What start off as a chase against a man who wronged them, these brave souls delve into the unknown to uncover the secrets of Korvosa.


101 to 138 of 138 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Male Half-elf Paladin of Sarenrae 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+3 R+3 W+1 / AC 18.13.15 / Init. +3 / Perc +1

Gregorius ponders on Rumal's suggestion. "Rumal, my fear is that any sign of disturbance might tip Lamm off. I advice against it; I'd rather have everybody here tomorrow before atempting anything." He looks around the perimeter, and lingers his stare on the small docks. "If you go there and anyone sees you, can you pull off the lost, drunk bum?", he asks, without even considering that's probably what Rumal's been doing for the past weeks.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter(Unbreakable) - HP 16/16, AC18. 13. 15, Init+3, F+4 R+3 W+2 , Perc +1

Kes snorts again, this night has been both satisfying and humorous. "when doesn't he pull off the lost drunk bum? No offense Rumal."


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

Rumal is uncertain what they're trying to say about him. He's not lost, and no bum either. "Hey, just because I like to drink, doesn't make me a drunk. I'm no lost bum either. I do think i could be convincing about needing to pee. If we don't go with this plan, I'm going to step over to the other end of this alley and pee there."


Elf (Jinin) Witch (White-Haired Witch)/3 HP:12/12 Spells 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd AC 12 12 10 F+1 R+5 W+2 Per+3 Init+2
DM Zirhark wrote:

"Well, hello there pretty lady. You here to buy me a drink too?" With a drunken smile he turns to hit on Cherry. "That gnome, haven't seen him around here in a fort night. I would know I come here every day." He motions the bar tender for another ale.

"I think he hangs around in the old district. Not much over there and it can get dangerous after dark. He should shower more though, smelled like fish the last time." At this point he gets his new ale and grabs cherry's butt. "So are you gonna come keep me warm tonight? Ha ha ha."

Gaius Tindareus wrote:

That's not going to go over well...thinks Gaius, watching the drunk make a dangerous mistake. If this turns into a brawl, we'll draw unwanted attention to ourselves.

The inquisitor smiles at Cherry in an attempt to diffuse the situation--So, shall we go then?

Blossom leans in & strokes the Drunkard's nose with a forefinger, smiling, "Ah, but I'll want you sober for such as that, Sweets. Perhaps tomorrow?"

untrained Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19, or Bluff, the modifier is the same either way right now...

Caressing his cheek & chin as she turns toward the door, nodding imperceptibly at Gaius as she does so.


Male Half-elf Paladin of Sarenrae 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+3 R+3 W+1 / AC 18.13.15 / Init. +3 / Perc +1

Gregorius stares blankly at Rumal and replies "You can go. If they catch you and decide to off you, we'll have to add you to Lamm's long list of crimes when we come back tomorrow." Though his words are cold, he is in no way aggressive.

Gregorius steps back into the shadows giving Rumal free passage to go and relieve himself over the docks.


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

Rumal decides to move over toward the side of the building with the lower dock, not stealthily, but not advertising himself either. He steers as wide as he can from the bulding itself, hugging as close as he can to the one beside it instead. He tries to adopt his best slight loose-legged stagger, as he tries to get just close enough to see what's at the back side where the dock sits. He stays far enough from the water's edge that the splash of his actions doesn't make too much noise, as he relieves himself against the neighboring building. He takes a long hard look after he finishes, facing Lamm's place as he refastens his trousers.

Bluff 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21, Sweet! it seems Rumal knows something about looking drunk :)
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Dang! That just means I will get nothing but crap come combat time.


Cherry and Gaius:

"Leaving so soon beautiful? Why not stay and have a drink, I promise I won't bite... much. Ha Ha" With that he'll stumble over to another table and continue drinking. You guys feel that this is about as much good information you will be able to gather from this location.

Rumal, Kessel, and Gregorius:

As Rumal wonders over to the building and starts taking his piss, wistling like a drunk man. You begin to look around and are able to peer into a window. The window is quite dirty so the view is foggy. You are able to make out two humanoid figures within the room, one taller and the other looks as though it could be a child. You can hear a muffled conversation but it is unadudible from your location. They turn and walk out of the room.

Just then there is a decently large splash in the water. Probably a large fish but it sounds like someone is coming to check it out from the inside. Rumal decides to wonder off back down the street. As you walk away you can make out a blonde human (or human like) man step out and looking at the water. He stares over to Rumal. He will yell, "Shoo ya drunkard. Get back to yar damn bar." With that he goes back inside and slams the door.

Rumal will make it safely back to Kessel and Gregorius.


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 1/Ranger (Warden/Urban Ranger) 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 16/16 FS: +4 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +9

Nice work, Gaius says to Cherry, heading for the door.

Let's see if we can find this 'Hookshanks'. If we find his location without being detected, and he's with friends, I'll hang back and pretend we're not together when we walk into whatever dive he's holed up in. See if you can get him outside, alone and off-guard. Shouldn't be too hard for someone of your...talents, right? The half-elf smiles at his own attempt at a joke. Then I'll sneak out and we'll take him down. Agreed?

Gather info to find Hookshanks the gnome in the Old District, preferably without him knowing we're looking for him, preferably from women so I can use my "charming" nature. :-) 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 23


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

Rumal makes his way back to the others, and lets them know what he saw. Breaking it down for them in his opinion of things after he gives the play-by-play. "Guessing there's big bottom feeders in the water, with being near the old fishery, they could be fat and lazy, or wizened and well-fed. So, we should try to steer clear of trying to swim up to the place. Also, there seems a fair amount of activity this night, possibly three I saw and not a one I thought was Lamm. So maybe going in around early morning. Lastly, someone came out the back, so that tells me that there is a back entrance, in case we wanted to get the jump on them. What say you two?" He discusses as he begins to make his way away from the scene. Not expecting them to gain much more this night.


Gaius and Cherry:

As Gaius and Cheer head into the Old District. As you enter the street lights start becoming sparse to the point where you have having difficulties seeing. You get to about the area where the drunk man pointed you, and off in the distance you can see a gnome looking like he has just wandered away from a building. It being too dark you can't quite make out much more than that. What luck, could it be him?


Male Half-elf Paladin of Sarenrae 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+3 R+3 W+1 / AC 18.13.15 / Init. +3 / Perc +1

When Rumal returns, Gregorius replies "I-I think we won't g-get much more than this... we... we'd better get some rest now." He takes another good look around and peeks out of their shadowy spot to see if it is safe for them to walk away.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 1/Ranger (Warden/Urban Ranger) 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 16/16 FS: +4 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +9

Gaius intones softly, out of earshot of the gnome and under cover of relative darkness. As he turns to Cherry his features melt into those of the drunken informant.

I think that might be our man. I have an idea--perhaps we can get him back to my room without violence, and subdue him there. Ready?

Gaius casts Disguise Self to look like the drunkard, Disguise Check -2 for different race, +10 from spell.1d20 + 5 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 10 - 2 = 23

He whispers a soft prayer to Calistria casts Guidance before affecting a drunken sway to his walk, putting one arm around Cherry as if to "steady" himself and waving the other to get the gnome's attention.

Hey! Hey, Hook! Get over here! This one here's got a friend. A GNOMISH friend! C'mon, man! I've told her all about you!

Bluff check with guidance, possible aid from Cherry? 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Rumal, Gregorius, and Kessel:

As Rumal is coming back to your location, Gregorius sticks his head out to look around. He will notice a man approaching your location. He seems to be yelling something towards Rumal. Being dark you cannot make out much until he gets a little closer. He seems to be a drunk human, who wandered away from the tavern.

Gaius and Cherry:

The gnome walks down and ally and you notice another man's head stick out briefly looking in your direction. The man looks familiar but with the lighting it is hard to tell.


Elf (Jinin) Witch (White-Haired Witch)/3 HP:12/12 Spells 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd AC 12 12 10 F+1 R+5 W+2 Per+3 Init+2

Dm Zirhark:
You have taken into account that we both have low-light vision yes? I realize it only gives us a greater range of acuity in dim light. That said, if what is happening is what I think is happening, I'm laughing my butt off right now...
untrained Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9, to Aid Other. Hrm, I'm thinking no. untrained Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23, to try & recognize the man, not sure Perception is the correct check, but with a roll like that I certainly hope so.


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

Rumal slinks up against the wall, "You think I was seen? Do we ambush or all play off as drunks."

Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 1/Ranger (Warden/Urban Ranger) 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 16/16 FS: +4 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +9

Perception to ID the gnome and familiar man1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Gaius continues to sway drunkenly, but follows the gnome into the alley.

DM Zirhark:
I have low-light vision. Is there enough light here for that to help me?


Cherry:

I am taking that into account. Short of darkvision, sight at this time of night in this area is quite limited. You are getting more than those without the low light.

The man looks to be that of possibly a guards men. You can make out general features but not much detail. After a few seconds the head disappears back into the alley.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter(Unbreakable) - HP 16/16, AC18. 13. 15, Init+3, F+4 R+3 W+2 , Perc +1

Kes sighs and his grip on his blade tightens. "I'm not a very convincing drunk. The man appears to be drunk however, and is most likely not with Lamm. I say we leave as quickly as possible, and not cause any kind of brawl which may draw attention to ourselves here...


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 1/Ranger (Warden/Urban Ranger) 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 16/16 FS: +4 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +9
Gaius Tindareus wrote:

Perception to ID the gnome and familiar man1d20 + 8

Gaius continues to sway drunkenly, but follows the gnome into the alley.

** spoiler omitted **

Question retracted--ninjaed by DM. :-)


Male Half-elf Paladin of Sarenrae 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+3 R+3 W+1 / AC 18.13.15 / Init. +3 / Perc +1

"Quick, let's sneak out that way," Gregorius says to Rumal and Kessel, moving to a narrow street opposite to the men coming in their direction.

Stealth, moving at half speed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter(Unbreakable) - HP 16/16, AC18. 13. 15, Init+3, F+4 R+3 W+2 , Perc +1

Kes nods his agreement and silently follows his comrades.
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

He thinke hes moving silently at least


Gaius and Cherry:

As you two get to the alley way and look down you both will see a man who is not the guard who poked his head around. He is attempting to hide but you are able to spot him. He seems to be gripping a large sword.

Gaius you will also see a little further off into the corner a gnome. As they are trying to hide and have concealment you cannot make out the detailed features.

Kessel, Gregorius, and Rumal:

Kessel and Gregorius see the two figures enter the alley way but cannot make out features. You see a Human man looking quite drunk.

Further in the back Rumal takes a closer look and see's the woman behind the drunk man seems to have white hair.

DM rolls:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 241d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 141d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

Rumal is uncertain, but other than old people, he's only met one person with white hair. "Hold on, the other lady at the reading had white hair right? It may be them, coming to tell us what they found."


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 1/Ranger (Warden/Urban Ranger) 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 16/16 FS: +4 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +9

Hey Hook, where'ya goin? C'mon, I don't know any other gnomes!

Gaius continues advancing drunkenly, but tenses when he sees the brandished sword. He holds his illusory beer belly, inching his hand toward the handle of his concealed whip as he approaches the others.


Male Half-elf Paladin of Sarenrae 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+3 R+3 W+1 / AC 18.13.15 / Init. +3 / Perc +1

"It could be them, it could be not. Let's just go away; we'll meet here tomorrow right after sunset." With these words, Gregorius quickly resumes his escape route. He vanishes in the alleys without looking back to see if Kessel adn Rumal are following, and heads straight to his home to get some rest.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

In the morning, before reporting for duty, he stops at a pawn shop to trade some of his possessions for a lockpick tool's kit; after reaching the headquarter, he wraps it up in a cape and stores it carefully in the back of his locker. He gets his daily assignment and heads out to the city setting aside his worries about Lamm. Murder... no, not murder, not vengeance. Justice.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter(Unbreakable) - HP 16/16, AC18. 13. 15, Init+3, F+4 R+3 W+2 , Perc +1

Kes ignores Gregorius and draws his sword a bit, "Ain't no gnomes here. Piss off drunkard."


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

Rumal agrees with Gregorius and decides they may be better off not finding out too late that it's not the others. He follows the guardsman away from the scene.

His sleep is restless, plagued by the old nightmares that haunted him after his boy went missing, reliving the event over and over. He wakes with a terrible 'thirst'.

When and where were we going to meet after our information gathering missions? At Zellara's the next night?


The next morning you all meet back up in the alleyway from the night before. You are looking back at the fishery from the night before. It looks like there is some commotion going on inside but nothing really on the outside. If you check the front doors they are locked. The windows are quite dirty so looking in seems to be a thankless task.


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 1/Ranger (Warden/Urban Ranger) 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 16/16 FS: +4 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +9

For what it's worth, I'd prefer to go at night.


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 1/Ranger (Warden/Urban Ranger) 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 16/16 FS: +4 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +9
Kessel Bargone wrote:
Kes ignores Gregorius and draws his sword a bit, "Ain't no gnomes here. Piss off drunkard."

I didn't know the thread updated, it didn't let me know about new posts when I checked my profile. Gaius would definitely respond to this.

The drunkard stumbles forward, then stops short when within view of Kessel. He stands upright suddenly, features melting away to reveal the true appearance of Gaius. Dismiss 'Disguise Self'

The newly revealed half-elven face displays a scowl as he says sharply in a hushed tone: Baring steel on an unarmed drunk? What was your plan, to run him through if he didn't heed your words? We are not in the business of reckless murder-- ours is the path of righteous vengeance. Remember that, next time you draw on me or any other undeserving souls.

He shoulders past Kessel, walking back to his lodgings.


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

I think we were all planning on going back at night. Regardless, day or night...

Rumal eyes the building, looking for any signs of change from the night before, "Whaddya think? Should we go for the front, or the door around the back by the docks? Or do we look for another way in?"


Once I know your guy's plan of attack we can continue to the fishery.


Male Half-elf Paladin of Sarenrae 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+3 R+3 W+1 / AC 18.13.15 / Init. +3 / Perc +1

"Let's go to the door by the docks." Gregorius starts heading towards it carefully to avoid being seen, and watching for signs of movement outside the fishery.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

Rumal does his best to act like a kid, hoping the darkness covers his actual appearance, prepared to run away from the building as soon as Gaius sets the bait. Until then he tries to stay out of sight.

Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 1/Ranger (Warden/Urban Ranger) 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 16/16 FS: +4 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +9

Gaius sees the gnome nod in the darkness, ready to start the plan. He traces a line down his face with his index finger, melting his features away to reveal a dirty, callused, unarmed laborer.

Casts disguise self

The moment is finally here. Calistria, guide us on our path of vengeance

Casts Guidance on himself

The disguised inquisitor hastens up to the warehouse, knocking furiously on any doors or windows and yelling inside.

Hey, anybody in there? Some kid just ran out of here--I think he stole something!

Assuming someone answers, I'll point in Rumal's direction. Hurry, he went that way!

I'll then follow a couple paces behind any pursuers.

Disguise check, bonus from disguise self 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

Bluff, with guidance, +1 more if the lackey is attracted to me 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 1/Ranger (Warden/Urban Ranger) 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 16/16 FS: +4 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +9

Whoa! Guess I did my part, hehe.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter(Unbreakable) - HP 16/16, AC18. 13. 15, Init+3, F+4 R+3 W+2 , Perc +1

Kessel follows silently behind Gregorius.

stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Elf (Jinin) Witch (White-Haired Witch)/3 HP:12/12 Spells 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd AC 12 12 10 F+1 R+5 W+2 Per+3 Init+2

Hey guys, sorry it took me so long. Forgot to keep track of the Gameplay thread after an extended time without posting.
Blossom's spells today are: Cantrips: resistance, stabilize, touch of fatigue; 1st: bungle, obscuring mist, sleep

Blossom conceals herself along the route Rumal leads the thugs down. untrained Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7, untrained Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19, to feign sleeping.
Is it possible for her to hold an action to cast Sleep if one of the Thugs acts as though they have seen through her rouse?

101 to 138 of 138 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zirharks Curse of the Crimson Throne Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.