Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zirharks Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Tormad

What start off as a chase against a man who wronged them, these brave souls delve into the unknown to uncover the secrets of Korvosa.


1 to 50 of 138 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Gaius:

Gaius wakes to a morning that is like every other. Still no leads on the case since the name he had received, ”Lamm”. This name has been ringing in his head nonstop for almost a month now. So close to the man yet so far. It seems most common folk have never even heard the name.

A knock comes at his door, but when he gets there, no one is to be found. Looking around he sees no one looks as though they are up yet. Closing the door and heading back to his bed to sit down and put on his boots, he will notice a card sitting upon his pillow. It has the picture of a mob with burning buildings in the Background. At the bottom is it is labeled “The Uprising”. What a strange thing to find, and who the hell put this here?


Cherry:

It was another morning in the market with Cherry looking over all of different fruits at one of the stands, when a few children came running past, knocking into her. Knowing that this is a pick pockets tactic, she immediately turned and went after the children. Just a minute later she ran into the guard who had already picked up one of the children.

”Sorry miss, these cretins just keep coming out of the wood work. Here is your money purse back.” With a smile the guard walks off with the kid. Checking her purse she counts the coins and they are all there, but to her surprise there is something extra. It was a Harrow card, with a picture of a man wearing a Jester’s mask. What a strange card, it is labeled “The Joke”, could this have a secret meaning?


Rumal:

Rumal wakes up outside Breathing Orc tavern with a slight hangover. This is not a new experience for him, but after he wakes he notices his stuff has been tampered with. Quickly looking through his belongings he finds everything is accounted for. Checking his Formula Book he quickly notices a card sticking slightly out of the top.

Picking it out as it quite obviously doesn't belong there, he revels he is looking at a Harrow card of sorts. The card is labeled "The Foreign trader". Such curious things happen when the night before tis a little blurry.


Kessel:

Dawn is breaking. Kessel has had a long night of running as a few of his old “colleges” friends had shown up in town looking for Kessel. Life just got interesting, running not only from the guard but now from some more thugs, and all he wants is Lamm on a silver platter. Just a few minutes ago, Kessel had set it up for the guard looking for him will find these “friends” of his and hopefully take care of both problems at the same time. But for now it is time for some grub.

Walking past a few of the drunks passed out in the street, Kessel enters a tavern by the name of Breathing Orc. Ordering up some eggs and grits he starts casing the place, making sure the danger has passed. Half way through his meal, kessel moves his plate to make room for another and underneath he finds a card. This just so happens to be a harrow card. Staring at it, it stares back with the picture of a rabbit wearing a crown. Looks like the rabbit is of the mischievous sort, and the card is labeled “The Rabbit Prince”. What kind of joke is this?


Gregorius:

Arriving to his shift at the guard on time, as usual, Gregorius heads straight to his locker. Being on the low end of funding his locker couldn't fit a halfing child within it, but he has managed to get all of his uniform and bow stored away in it. Just coming off of a double shift the night before, his mind is a little hazy, the kids in the slums had crept out and started trouble in the market district once again.

Gregorius may be the only person who knows how to fit everything just right in the locker. He starts pulling everything out when he notices something sticking out of his quiver. Pulling it out and looking it over he notices it is a Harrow card. Who could have put this here all the way at the back of the locker? It has a key pictured on it, with the wording “The Locksmith” at the bottom.

The cards turn over to revel a message written on the back.

This will be pretty early in the morning for everyone so if you do anything special today out of your usual day just let me know.

DC 10 Knowledge(Local) or Gather Information(diplomancy):

3 Lancet Street is the home and place of business of a fortune-telling Varisian woman named Zellara.


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

Rumal is intrigued by the arrival of the card, but first he needs a drink so he can think straight. He gathers his stuff about him, arranges himself as best he can after a night on the street, and heads back inside the tavern he awoke outside. After ordering a draught, as breakfast is an important start to the day, he looks over the card more intently. It doesn't ring any bells, though he does get the wordplay by giving him 'The Foreign Trader', he decides to try and ask around. By the time others populate the barroom, he is pretty thoroughly soused. No one seems to want to talk to him beyond telling him to go away, or giving him coppers like he's some kind of beggar. Since they all seem so rude, he decides his best course is to just show up at sunset like the card says.

Know Local (as he need not be trained for a DC 10) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Gather info 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
He drinks until it's time to go to the meeting.


Elf (Jinin) Witch (White-Haired Witch)/3 HP:12/12 Spells 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd AC 12 12 10 F+1 R+5 W+2 Per+3 Init+2

untrained Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10, good lord! Talk about overshooting the mark!

An almost unholy expression of fierce joy suffuses Blossom's features as she reads the card & the implications sink in.

Sweets for the sweet indeed. Someone wants thanking, and Giaus will be interested to hear of this as well...

With that thought in her mind, Blossom almost saunters her way to the temple of Calistria, pausing just long enough to stop the guard, swing him about, then embrace & kiss him, just this side of wantonly. "Oh thank you! This is the best gift I've received in some time!" While the guard is consequently distracted she will make shooing motions to the urchin with her hair where the guard can't see.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter(Unbreakable) - HP 16/16, AC18. 13. 15, Init+3, F+4 R+3 W+2 , Perc +1

Diplomacy for gather information: 1d20 ⇒ 20

A fortune teller eh? could be a trap.... but if she knows where Gaedren is...

Kes turns the card over a few more times staring at it intently.

The rabbit prince... Looks like I have something to do at sunset then.

Kes then finishes his meal in peace.

I will be waiting until sunset and heading staright to this fortune teller woman


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator)/ 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 9/9 FS: +3 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +8

Gather info DC:10, post to follow later, +1 additional if source is/could be attracted to me. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Male Half-elf Paladin of Sarenrae 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+3 R+3 W+1 / AC 18.13.15 / Init. +3 / Perc +1

The locksmith? Another prank, maybe? He immediately starts looking around his stuff to see if there's anyhing missing, or if his colleagues have messed with anything. He analyzes his bow and arrows to see if everything is in order, afraid of what someone might have done to them after breaking into his locker. The past days have been rough with all the attention he's gotten since managing to come back from leave, and the guards that don't hate him for messing up with Lamm's guy still think he's guilty. At least the captain is on his side, although he's only managed to assign him to these killer double shifts. Still, Gregorius is satisfied; he's back doing the only thing he knows how to do.

He finally starts analyzing the harrow card and reads the message written on the back. That's Zellara's fortune-telling shop. The mention of Gaedren Lamm catches his attention, and he looks around to see if there's anyone observing him. He safely stores the card and finishes prepairing for the new shift, and goes about the day with the same dedication as usual, taking away some members of the pickpocketing gangs in running around the market. One of his arrests leads to an awkward situation, as the lady whose purse he recovered kisses him unexpectedly. He tries to send her off politely, but gets pretty nervous about the situation. The rest of the day goes smoothly.

As soon as work is over, Gregorius heads to Lancet Street, trying to get there as early as he can. He knocks on the fortune-teller's door and waits to be let in.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Knowledge (local) for additional information about Zellara: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


As Gregorius is the first one to arrive, right after his shift a little before sunset, his knock upon the door seems to open it. The door seems to have not been latched to begin with. As this should be a place of business, that would not be an unusual occurrence.

The cozy chamber within this small home is filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The haze comes from several sticks of incense smouldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke itself seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel. The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling men's hearts, another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall hooded figure shrouded in mist, a flaming sword held in a skeletal hand. Several brightly-colored rugs cover the floor, but the room's only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throwcloth and several elegant tall-backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table. Upon the table you find a note

You all can decide what order you get there in, as well as what happens while you wait.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter(Unbreakable) - HP 16/16, AC18. 13. 15, Init+3, F+4 R+3 W+2 , Perc +1

Kes arrive shortly after Gregorius. Seeing the guardsmen he grimaces and his hand falls to grip his blade as he enters the building.

"Fancy seeing you here. Looking for me?"


Elf (Jinin) Witch (White-Haired Witch)/3 HP:12/12 Spells 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd AC 12 12 10 F+1 R+5 W+2 Per+3 Init+2

The rest of the day prior: @DM Zirhark: Am I correct in concluding that the guard is sufficiently astonished/pleased by Blossom's advances that he doesn't notice/doesn't care that the urchin gets away?
Otherwise, Blossom makes her way to the Temple of Calistria, probably doesn't find Gaius, makes an offering of thanks & prays; then occupies herself the remainder of the day dancing outside the temple.
I just realized looking at my character sheet, I don't have listed how many spells Blossom can cast per day. Nor have I selected them. Please bear with me, this is the first prepared caster I have played in a while (almost the first one I have played ever!)
for the moment: Spells per day: Cantrips: 3/1st level: 3
Memorized: Cantrips: daze, guidance, stabilize/1st level: bungle, obscuring mist, sleep
Wow, I also just noticed that somehow I have lost the Languages Blossom speaks...
Sigh, well I know they don't include Varisian or Shoanti so she won't attempt to call out in either of those.
edit: Corrected, character sheet now shows Languages known & Spells per day.

"Hello, Madam Zellara? A lilting feminine voice calls out as Blossom at first waits at the threshold before boldly attempting the door. Finding it unlocked, she sidles in, not quite ogling all the nick-knacks occupying the available space as she moves to the cloth-covered table to read the note placed there, oddly disregarding the presence of the two obviously martial men before her.

Accommodating, if not gracious. Unless this is a trap? Oh bother, I do hope it's not a trap. At that thought, Blossom's hair begins to coil & twist sinuously, a particularly thick lock sliding under the basket, drawing it off the floor & into Blossom's hands. And, of course, I don't recall the enscorcelment to determine if a food is hale or not....
"Oh well, only one way to find out then I suppose, unless you have a suggestion?" Blossom muses to the cinnamon-colored weasel peeking it's face from the folds of her rucksack.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter(Unbreakable) - HP 16/16, AC18. 13. 15, Init+3, F+4 R+3 W+2 , Perc +1

Kes's knuckles turn white against his sword as he moves a few steps nack and watches the newcomer. He grunts a little and moves his free hand forward in a accusatory finger, " Ok fortune teller! Tell me why you brought me here! If you have information on Gaedren, that's all I want!"

His face is red not from anger, but because he is seemingly annoyed by the presence of the guardsman.

Obviously Kes is a little confused


cherry blossom:

Yes the guard is pretty taken by your actions and does not notice the child get away. He will spend a few minutes staring at you as you leave. That is fine, it is the first day after all.


Elf (Jinin) Witch (White-Haired Witch)/3 HP:12/12 Spells 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd AC 12 12 10 F+1 R+5 W+2 Per+3 Init+2

The Elven woman's head cants slightly to her left shoulder as she finally seems to notice the other occupants in the room. The movements of her hair becoming more agitated & an expression of sheer malice suffusing her features at mention of Gaedren Lamm's name. "Gaedrun Lamm? Lamm's no lamb, but you look as though you already know that." Mild confusion crosses her features as she considers the preface to your admonition.

"Oh, you think I'm our hostess, don't you? Well, I'm not she; but it does seem that we are we." Turning her attentions to the off-duty guardsman, "You too seek to touch Lamm as do we?" Her sapphire eyes flickering back to the large, brutish lout attempting to dominate the room.

DM Zirhark:
Assuming he is not poorly groomed, smelly, or in some other way ill-favored, Blossom will depart with a bit of a 'catch me if you can' smolder to her walk.


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator)/ 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 9/9 FS: +3 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +8

The Uprising, what is this? Lamm!

Gaius looks under the bed and, (presumably) finding nothing, grabs his knife and sprints out the door, boots unlaced.

Who's there! he demands, looking for signs of anyone fleeing.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

If he finds nothing in the immediate vicinity...

He returns to his room, frowning while examining the card once more, trying to recall what he can about his informant.

3 lancet street, hmm, didn't Hale get his fortune told there?

Great, riddles from a soothsayer--she better not play me false,he says aloud, lacing his boots.

The inquisitor pulls out his whetstone and hones his blade as he works through a plan, talking to himself.

Could be the fortune teller, but it could be one of Lamm's thugs posing as her, ready to ambush me. I better play this safe, even the odds a bit. Tonight could be the night...

He kneels, looking up to the sky in supplication.

Calistria, grant me the means to enact my vengeance, a disguised visage, a hidden blade, and recognition, too late, in the eyes of my quarry.

Gaius detects as Neutral Evil today due to his Misdirection power.

Though it is hard for him, the inquisitor attempts to go about his daily duties like any other day, unwilling to tip off someone who might be following him. Thirty minutes before sunset he puts on his armored coat under his clothes, coils his whip around his waist like a belt, and stows his knife in his boot. He drapes his cloak over all, and adopts a hunched posture to give the impression that he is a bored, middle-aged, human town guardsman. He pulls his hood up around his tell-tale ears, and wears his shield on his arm and his morningstar on his hip, slinging his backpack over one shoulder. Inside it is his crossbow and other gear.

Disguise skill, -2 (age), -2 (race)1d20 + 5 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 2 - 2 = 2

As the sunlight fades, Gaius walks toward 3 Lancet Street, frowning at his reflection in a store window. Clearly, in his haste, his disguise won't fool anyone.

Too late to fix it now, he thinks sullenly as he opens the door, adrenaline flowing in his veins.


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

From down the street, out front of the shop, can be heard only one side of a loud discussion "Whaddya min this issen the plaze?"

-------------------

"No!, 'M nah loogin fer thirdeen. 'M loogin fer th.. *hic* thr..*hic* fer three, an that issa three."

-------------------

"Wehl, if diz wassin three inna furs plaze, you shoulda *BURP* shoulda said so. Why would I go to thirdeen if I wan three?"

-------------------

"How rude! Yew shuh watsh yer mouf roun yer chilnren."

-------------------

The sound of a door slamming loudly soon follows. Only a few seconds later, the yelling comes from right out front the door. "Neve mine, I founit!" In through the door stumbles a filthy, ragged-looking, drunk of a gnome. He carries a familiar card, staring at the back of it as he waits for it to focus. His swaying forward and back as he holds the card in place makes the task that much more difficult.

Finally, he looks up at the people gathered, a keen intelligence barely perceptible behind rum-soaked, bloodshot eyes. "Waid, is this legit? Is there word of my boy?"


Elf (Jinin) Witch (White-Haired Witch)/3 HP:12/12 Spells 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd AC 12 12 10 F+1 R+5 W+2 Per+3 Init+2

Times like these are why I wish Prestidigitation was a Witch spell...

At the filthy Gnome's entrance, the Elf maiden turns, her entire body now directed at him, leaving only a single, thick lock of hair raised, poised like some venomous serpent, seemingly regarding the Brutish Shoanti.

"It seems 'tis more than merely we three," her nose wrinkles, "but I like not the smell of he..."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter(Unbreakable) - HP 16/16, AC18. 13. 15, Init+3, F+4 R+3 W+2 , Perc +1

Kes ignores the woman’s hair as he moves past her and offers to help the gnome find a seat. "I have high doubts you would remember this discussion anyways gnome. Follow me to a seat, our hostess has yet to arrive, and it seems we are all eager to... get back what was taken from us."

Assuming the gnome allows Kes to help him into a seat, Kes then looks for the promised food and drink. If the drink is alcoholic, he keeps it on his person, and definitely away from the gnome, otherwise he breaks off a piece of the bread and serves both to the Gnome.

"Eat up gnome, maybe it will help dissipate the fog cloud in your head. And if not, at least it will lessen the smell on your breath"

See Lenna? I can be more than a monster


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

"Thang you. I coo use a dring, this seems heavy." Before he takes the bread, he actually attempts to wipe off his hands, but the choice to use his clothes to do so is a poor one. He chews absently, staring straight ahead, before he snaps out of it. He once again wipes his hands poorly, before offering one to the big man, "My name is... well, for you humas, juss call me Rumal. Haf we med before? Oh, hi Guard Valerii, I dinint see you there. Do you know wus goin on?"

Pronounced (ROO-muhl)


There is both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink present and the bread happens to be a delicious desert type of bread made with cinnamon.

As everyone has entered there still seems to be no sign of Zellara.

Just waiting on some interactions from Gregorius and Gaius.


Male Half-elf Paladin of Sarenrae 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+3 R+3 W+1 / AC 18.13.15 / Init. +3 / Perc +1

This strange assortment of people baffles Gregorius. The arrival of Kessel right after him puts him in state of alertness, and just like the fighter, he feel he has been set up. However, the look of surprise in Kessel's eyes from seeing him there easies his worries, albeit presenting a new conundrum. With his hand resting over his sap, Gregorius replies to Kessel "I-I'm not the one who called you here. Are you... are you with your gang? I'm not here to get you."

Soon, a woman, an elf, walks into the door, drawing all attention to her. He watches silently as Kessel mistakes her for Zellara. The arrival of the drunken gnome adds a touch of surrealism to the whole gathering, and then a enters a man very badly disguised, wearing a terrible guardsman costume. It all seems so strange that Gregorius' suspicion quickly turns into curiosity. He shyly stands upright in a corner of the room, with his back turned to the walls, observing the interaction among them and waiting for Zellara to come.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter(Unbreakable) - HP 16/16, AC18. 13. 15, Init+3, F+4 R+3 W+2 , Perc +1

Kes snorts at Gregorius and says, "No I'm not with my gang." He leaves it at that and breaks off a piece of the cinnamon bread and begins to absently chew it. "Though from what I hear, you don't have to fear from the criminal element, what with you all being buddy buddy with us. Didn't you knife some Noble?"


Male Half-elf Paladin of Sarenrae 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+3 R+3 W+1 / AC 18.13.15 / Init. +3 / Perc +1

Gregorius feels sick with the accusation, remembering all he's been going through. Obviously nervous, he awkwardly defends himself from Kes' words. "Wha... - no! I didn't! He mutters "But, but, I'll... I'll get who did!"


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator)/ 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 9/9 FS: +3 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +8

Sorry, just wanted to give everyone a chance for initial reactions before I went inside. Post coming up soon.


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator)/ 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 9/9 FS: +3 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +8

Calistria, guide my hand and silence my footsteps, the inquisitor says quickly, intoning the prayer as he holds his holy symbol.

Cast Guidance on myself.

He then opens the door to see a group of people talking spiritedly.

Gaius throws his hood back and smiles widely, producing his card.

Wow! I didn't expect so many to be here! Zellara must be hard up for coin to offer a discounted rate for so many customers. Have you already had your fortunes read, or are you still waiting? The name's Gaius, and I couldn't be more excited! I was given "The Uprising". Sounds ominous, huh? You all have cards too?

Bluff, using guidance 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Sense motive DC 22, 27 for drunk Rumal:
Gaius' smile and excited tone are clearly faked. His hand is held stiffly, never wavering far from his weapons.

Gaius beams from Overlarge ear to ear as he props up his shield and backpack against the wall, crossing his arms and looking around at the others. When his gaze falls on Cherry Blossom, it lingers a bit, his face creasing at the eyes slightly as if trying to tell her something.

Bluff to send Cherry Blossom a secret message, +1 due to Charming trait, DC 151d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Message to Cherry, Sense Motive DC 22 for others to notice and decipher hidden message, 27 for Rumal:
Gaius' eyes and facial expression seem to say to Cherry Blossom: Don't blow my cover. We haven't met.

So, do you all know each other?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter(Unbreakable) - HP 16/16, AC18. 13. 15, Init+3, F+4 R+3 W+2 , Perc +1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Kes raises an eyebrow and sets down his bread. He doesn't like that some fool has burst in, clearly trying to have disguised hismelf but failing miserably, and knowing nothing of the connection to Gaedren. "I don't know why your hear at this specified time with that card, and yet seem to know nothing."
Kes rise at this point and lays a hand on his sword. " You are either a fool or something else. Either leave or explain yourself. Now.

Just for fun
Intimidate1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Male Half-elf Paladin of Sarenrae 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+3 R+3 W+1 / AC 18.13.15 / Init. +3 / Perc +1

Sense Motive 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Sense Motive 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Elf (Jinin) Witch (White-Haired Witch)/3 HP:12/12 Spells 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd AC 12 12 10 F+1 R+5 W+2 Per+3 Init+2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20, Oooh so close!

"We, know not we. Though he & he might seem to know he." Blossom replies to Gaius' inquiry, her hair circling about to follow Kessel then flicking back & forth between him & the other two men who preceded Gaius. A moment later, she she seems to realize her words might have been taken to sound like laughter.
"He & he. Heeheehee" and she dissolves into giggles, allowing herself to collapse into the chair farthest from Rumal. As Kessel offers Rumal some of the food & the non-alcoholic drink, Blossom's head shoots back up, "I can't tell if that's poisoned, might not be safe." Canting her head to the right, her face takes on a pensive expression. "Seems an elaborate trap if it is such though & Lamm's got no sting..."


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator)/ 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 9/9 FS: +3 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +8
Restless Cherry Blossom wrote:

[dice=Sense Motive]1d20 + 6, Oooh so close!

"We, know not we. Though he & he might seem to know he." Blossom replies to Gaius' inquiry, her hair circling about to follow Kessel then flicking back & forth between him & the other two men who preceded Gaius. A moment later, she she seems to realize her words might have been taken to sound like laughter.
"He & he. Heeheehee" and she dissolves into giggles, allowing herself to collapse into the chair farthest from Rumal. As Kessel offers Rumal some of the food & the non-alcoholic drink, Blossom's head shoots back up, "I can't tell if that's poisoned, might not be safe." Canting her head to the right, her face takes on a pensive expression. "Seems an elaborate trap if it is such though & Lamm's got no sting..."

Cherry, note that you didn't have to make a roll to decipher the message. Since I beat the DC 15 check, I successfully communicated the hidden message to you. If anyone else beats MY bluff roll with a sense motive, they can also see that I transmitted a message to you. Gregorius, for example, also caught the brief exchange of glances, and can likely tell that you and I have met before.

Kessel Bargone wrote:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1

Kes raises an eyebrow and sets down his bread. He doesn't like that some fool has burst in, clearly trying to have disguised hismelf but failing miserably, and knowing nothing of the connection to Gaedren. "I don't know why your hear at this specified time with that card, and yet seem to know nothing."
Kes rise at this point and lays a hand on his sword. " You are either a fool or something else. Either leave or explain yourself. Now.

Just for fun
Intimidate 1d20 + 4

Doesn't see past my ruse, and calls ME a fool? Keep your cool, sustain the lie...

You mean, you're not here for a reading, but you have a card too? Might I see it? Here, you can see mine too.

Gaius holds up his card, and turns it over to the side with the note on it as he passes it to Kessel.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter(Unbreakable) - HP 16/16, AC18. 13. 15, Init+3, F+4 R+3 W+2 , Perc +1

Kes glances at the note passed to him to make out the same words that were wrriten on his own note. He softens a bit and hands his own card to Gaius. "I take it we all want a very specific... 'reading' done here then. When finished he will hand Gaisu his card back and act as if though he wasn't being threatening in any way shape or form.


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator)/ 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 9/9 FS: +3 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +8
Restless Cherry Blossom wrote:


As Kessel offers Rumal some of the food & the non-alcoholic drink, Blossom's head shoots back up, "I can't tell if that's poisoned, might not be safe." Canting her head to the right, her face takes on a pensive expression. "Seems an elaborate trap if it is such though & Lamm's got no sting..."

After passing his card to Kessel and extending his hand palm up to await Kessel's reciprocation, Gaius turns to Cherry, a look of horror on his face.

Poison? Zellara will swindle our money with promises of true prophecy, but I doubt she'd resort to poisoning. Wouldn't be much of a repeat business in that, would there? Of course, by the looks of him, yonder gnome appears to have alcohol poisoning, so in some sense he's poisoned.

The inquisitor thinks to his days in training, studying people's facial twitches and vocal tones as they told light-hearted jests. He tries to mimic their behavior as he speaks to these strangers, but is a bit uneasy as the quiet man (Gregorius) watches his movements carefully.

Had to give you props for those awesome Sense Motive rolls, hehe.


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator)/ 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 9/9 FS: +3 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +8

Gaius smiles as he peruses the card, meeting Kessel's gaze for a moment and nodding before saying loudly to the others:

Ooh! The Rabbit Prince! That sounds lucky! We might have to switch cards later, friend. You know, I don't believe I caught any of your names...


Elf (Jinin) Witch (White-Haired Witch)/3 HP:12/12 Spells 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd AC 12 12 10 F+1 R+5 W+2 Per+3 Init+2

@Gaius: I meant the DC for the first Sense Motive check.
At the reminder of etiquette, the young elf woman's face lights up in what may be revelation & self-recrimination. She immediately hops up from the chair & bows, in a manner both formal &...
odd, as though from a place much farther than Meirani or even Kyonin.

"This one has been admonished by her elders as Restless Cherry Blossom, what was intended first as chastisement has since proven...
accurate, in ways the elders would not have intended."


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

Rumal, somewhat spaced out while chewing, watches the interplay, but by his blank expression watching is all he's doing. It's clear how well he was listening, maybe even watching, when Gaius asks everyone's names.

"Whaddya mean? I juss tole yew my name, weren yew lissnin?" in his irritation he focuses his attention, only to finally notice Gaius "Oh, hello. Whennid yew get here? How many peeble are we gun stuff in here? *BURPP*" disgustingly, he chews some more, but hadn't taken another bite.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter(Unbreakable) - HP 16/16, AC18. 13. 15, Init+3, F+4 R+3 W+2 , Perc +1

Kes shakes his head and crosses his arms across his chest, "Kessel Bargone. You can call me Kes if you'd like, or Kessel. Don't really matter much anyways."

He looks over at the Gnome and shakes hie head again, but says nothing.


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator)/ 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 9/9 FS: +3 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +8
Restless Cherry Blossom wrote:

@Gaius: I meant the DC for the first Sense Motive check.

Ah, ok. I assumed that your character knew me well enough to know that he's not usually that cheery, but I guess we never really fleshed out the extent of each others' character knowledge. Should we play it that we just know our Calistrian affiliation?


Elf (Jinin) Witch (White-Haired Witch)/3 HP:12/12 Spells 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd AC 12 12 10 F+1 R+5 W+2 Per+3 Init+2

@Gaisu: I was also figuring we knew each other well enough for her to conclude his cheer was forced. I suspect Blossom finds Gaius a bit...
irritable, overall. He seems over-focused upon Calistria's purview of Vengeance in her mind, after all.


At this point an attractive middle aged woman will appear and enter the house. She is wearing a stunning smile and as she looks over the group she begins to speak.

"Welcome to my home. I am Zellara, and I am the one who has brought all of you here. I hope I haven't made you wait on me for too long. Would you all mind putting faces to the names I have discovered?"

As she listens to your introductions, Zellara will produce a fine Harrow Deck from her pocket and begins idly shuffling it as she makes her way over to the table. It is obvious to everyone (even Rumal) her skill with the deck. The cards seem to float and dance over her hands and the table. She will nod her head indicating for everyone to take a seat at the table. There is conveniently exactly enough chairs for everyone.


Elf (Jinin) Witch (White-Haired Witch)/3 HP:12/12 Spells 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd AC 12 12 10 F+1 R+5 W+2 Per+3 Init+2

Repeating her earlier actions, Blossom turns fully to face the hostess, bowing once more in her odd manner, "this one answers to Restless Cherry Blossom, Elder." At the clear invitation, Blossom will once more sit down, the weasel climbing to nuzzle her neck & under her chin.


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

Rumal jerks forward, sliding his human-sized chair toward the table, being unable to slide it with his feet, and unwilling to get down to move it and just have to get back up. He eyes her quick movements with the cards, focusing on them, as he tries to track where they move. "Okay, I'll play, but not for anythin over a silver ante." He leans on the table, waiting to get dealt his hand. "So, wha was this talk of Lamm?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter(Unbreakable) - HP 16/16, AC18. 13. 15, Init+3, F+4 R+3 W+2 , Perc +1

Kes moves closer to Zellara, clearly eager to hear why he was brought here, "Kessel Bargone, but then you already know our names. you know a lot about us, like how we all seem to have as bone to pick with Gaedren Lamm. So, what do you know about that soon to be dead fool that we don't already know?"


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator)/ 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 9/9 FS: +3 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +8
Restless Cherry Blossom wrote:

@Gaisu: I was also figuring we knew each other well enough for her to conclude his cheer was forced. I suspect Blossom finds Gaius a bit...

irritable, overall. He seems over-focused upon Calistria's purview of Vengeance in her mind, after all.

Yep, agreed.

As the others take their seats and casually mention Ghaedren Lamm, Gaius' smile fades. His eyes narrow, and the friendly tone to his voice disappears instantly. Though he speaks quietly, there is a decidedly menacing quality behind his words now.

So we're all here for Lamm, then? Good, then I can drop this pretense. Sorry, but I don't know you and for all I know one of you could have been Lamm's agent. My name, I spoke true. I am Gaius Tindareus, servant of Calistria, and I will not allow this drug-peddler to make a perversion of Her divine gift to us. It seems that you all, too, have your reasons to find this coward. Madame Zellara, if you can direct me to Lamm's location, I will be indebted to you.


Male Half-elf Paladin of Sarenrae 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+3 R+3 W+1 / AC 18.13.15 / Init. +3 / Perc +1

Gregorius ignores Zellara's request for an introduction and takes a seat, putting the locksmith card at table with the picture side turned up. He wacthes the whole situation with wide eyes, and looks stiff and uneasy despite the comfortable chair. He waits for Gaius to finish speaking and stares at Zellara for a moment, and asks her "How do you know Mann?"


“I will get right to it then. Thank you for coming, my friends, and for putting up with my unconventional method of contacting you. I have reason to remain hidden, you see—a terrible man would see great harm done to me if he knew I was reaching out for help. This is a man you know, for he has done something terrible to each of you as well. I speak, of course, of Gaedren Lamm, a man whose cruelty and capacity to destroy the lives of those he touches are matched only by his gift for avoiding reprisal. You see, a year ago, his thieves stole this, my Harrow deck, from me. It is important to me, an heirloom passed down through a dozen generations, and also mysole means of support. When pickpockets stole it, my son, Eran, tracked them down. The thieves were in the employ of Gaedren Lamm, and in reward for finding them, Gaedren murdered my son." After saying this, Zellara pauses for a moment. A slight tear comes to her eye.

“I sought help from the Guard, but they turned me away. And so I asked around. I paid bribes. I consulted my Harrow deck for advice. And recently, I was rewarded—I found out where Gaedren dwells. He can be found in an old fishery north of here at Westpier 17, where he trains his abducted children to be pickpockets and counts his stolen treasures."

“And now, I need your help. I cannot hope to face this man on my own, and the Guard moves so slowly that if I were to go to them, Gaedren would certainly know of their coming well in advance. Even if they did arrest him—what guarantee would I have he would be punished? This criminal has evaded the law for decades. But you know of these frustrations as well, for word on the street has it that Gaedren has wronged each of you, too. So there we are. It is time for him to pay. What say you?” Sitting back catching her breath a little, she looks upon you with a look of desperation.


Male Gnome Internal Mindchemist 1 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 14 ] | HP: 10/10 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | Bombs 5/5)

Rumal is lost in his little world again, before he sniffles and wipes his nose on his sleeve. His obnoxious, drunken, pattern of speech lost as he mumbles "Abducted children... not just my boy... other's children." He looks up, his eyes moist, his voice cracking "I will help put a stop to this man." His expression the most sober it has been in a few years.


Male Half-elf Paladin of Sarenrae 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+3 R+3 W+1 / AC 18.13.15 / Init. +3 / Perc +1

Gregorius ponders on Zellara's words. Her suggestion of taking justice in their own hands worries him, but as he reflects upon the matters, he must admit that Lamm's got enough pull render all charges against him null. On the other hand, he has himself been on the defendant's bench, and the legal system did not fail him.Divided on the subject, he dismisses it for a moment until learning more.

Avoiding eye contact, Gregori speaks to Zellara. "In a way, I have to confess I think you did right by not seeking help from the guard. Lamm's got men in there, and this I know from experience." He pauses ant thinks. "I... I will help too."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter(Unbreakable) - HP 16/16, AC18. 13. 15, Init+3, F+4 R+3 W+2 , Perc +1

Kes pauses for a moment and can not believe his ears. 'He has destroyed to many lives... oh Lenna please be ok... He turns to the fortune teller, a determined look in his eyes. "I made myself a promise the Gaedren Lamm would die. I intened to keep that promise, now more than ever. I will help."


Male Half Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator)/ 1 AC: 18 (FF: 16 Touch: 12) HP: 9/9 FS: +3 RS: +2 WS: +4 (+2 additional vs enchantment) Init: +2 Perception: +8

Theft...Kidnapping...Murder, so poisoning people's minds and souls with drugs isn't enough for you?

Gaius stares at the fortune teller as she recounts Lamm's extensive list of crimes.

You were right to keep this from the law. The only justice fitting for one such as Lamm is eternal torment in the after life. I say we send him to his punishment.

The inquisitor gives a hard look at the others, studying them before leaving his gaze on Gregorius.

I am not so much a fool to think I can accomplish this on my own, but I am fool enough to try. I welcome the help from all of you, but when the moment comes to end his miserable life, I will not hesitate. We must all be resolved in this matter, or I'll strike out on my own, and likely add my name to his list of victims.


Elf (Jinin) Witch (White-Haired Witch)/3 HP:12/12 Spells 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd AC 12 12 10 F+1 R+5 W+2 Per+3 Init+2

"He must hurt first!" The Elf maiden all but shrieks. "When he dies, the Lady of Graves will take him & he shall receive what all receive from her. He must not die before he feels even a tenth the pain, the hopelessness he has inflicted upon others!"

"Let him beg for death first." She subsides slightly, finally, "we may grant him mercy then."
Blossom's gaze seems now even glassier than Rumal's, though she has yet to so much as touch anything from the table.

So much pain. So much hurt, so much rage. You made me feel this. You taught me to hate. Let me show you how well I have learned this lesson.


Zellara lets out a sigh of relief. "You all don't know how much this means to me. Or maybe you do. Please let me read everyone's fortune with my Harrow Deck. It may not be much, but maybe it will help."

Zellara starts shuffling her deck again with the cards once again floating around her fingers. She then stops and holds the deck out to each of you. "Please draw a card so that fate may tell you something about the events that have yet pass. Perhaps we can learn more about Lamm."

To simulate drawing a card everyone can roll 1d9. Your card is replaced after you draw so doubles can happen.


Elf (Jinin) Witch (White-Haired Witch)/3 HP:12/12 Spells 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd AC 12 12 10 F+1 R+5 W+2 Per+3 Init+2

1d9 ⇒ 2
Blossom draws a card, then sets it before Madame Zellara, still gazing off glassily into some private reminiscence.


Male Half-elf Paladin of Sarenrae 1 / HP 12 of 12 / F+3 R+3 W+1 / AC 18.13.15 / Init. +3 / Perc +1

Gregorius is appaled at Cherry Blossom's vicious words. The mere mention of extreme violence sends shivers down his spine, the image of his father ever so present in his thoughts. He throws his fist at the table making the cards dance, and shows strong signs of emotion for the first time since he has arrived. He stands angrily and announces "No! I-I will not take part in torture! We will cleanly deliver the law and execute the d-death sentence he would otherwise receive if... if he hadn't bought his way out so many times!" When Zellara offers him the deck, he leans over the table breathing heavily and draws the same card as Cherry, placing it over the table in perfect alignment with the clotth pattern.

1d9 ⇒ 2

DM Zirhak:
From what I understood, each drawn card is resuffled in the deck, corretc?

1 to 50 of 138 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zirharks Curse of the Crimson Throne Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.