Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Wellards Jade Regent

Game Master Wellard

See Full Description for Relationship Scores


1,851 to 1,900 of 2,669 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

The last Corbie attacks Cinder.

Claw1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Claw1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

And is then cut down....

Not even going to run the final round as you are going to mob it and someone is bound to do the required damage.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara puts her weapons away and turns to the group. Holding her side where the corbie's claw cut deeply, she says "I think that could have gone better."


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Zal looks over at Omara and nods slightly, Indeed I am dismayed that the leader seemed to make an exit...

Runa have you used your gift of healing on Omara already or shall I use a spell to knit her wounds?

Waiting for the witch to respond Zal will concentrate his attention on the area where the red skinned man disappeared hopeful to find some clue that might aid the hunt. Survival 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Also Monster Lore to determine what the red skinned man might be? If I take ten on Arcana, History, Nature, Planes, Religion or Dungeoneering I would get 22 (23 for Arcana)


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf gives his axe a hard sling, some of the blood on the blade splattering in droplets against the floor. "Is sad indeed. I looked forward to burying axe in red man's head. Is still time though later to become more familiar. Where we go now?" he asks, looking around the room, the barred doors in the eastern wall most drawing his attention.

He approaches it, planting the head of his axe against the ground, leaning slightly against it as he stares at the double doors. "Door is barred well. What you think they try to keep out?...Or in?"


Zaladrel.

Spoiler:
Your discussions of Tien legend with Ameiko come to the fore andyou tentitively identify the red skinned man as an Oni, a Demonic creature from those regions.Please note that for Tian Monsters I'm not going to give much detail on the powers to natives of the West until you can find the relaevant documents.


Eidolon 3

Cinder sheathes its blade and rumbles deep. It seems not even the death of this many enemies seems to have put out its dismay at losing the red-skinned man.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

"Well, he was sitting on the throne and ordering these guys around," says Omara, waving at the dead corbies. "So he is obviously in charge of something around here. He is likely to stick around somewhere. You guys can look forward to facing him again in the future. Meanwhile, he probably went to get reinforcements. So it might be a good idea for us to move along."


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

I believe the man is some sorto of demon. An "oni"? I remember the description from tales shared with Ameiko but it is outside of my knowledge as to how powerful such a being is. Nonetheless "demon" says it all in my mind. We should find this creature if we can but I agree with Omara, better to stay on the move. Ulf, where shall we point that axe of yours next?


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Briefly, Úlf holsters his axe, removing the bar preventing the double doors to the east from being opened. "I wish to see what is in here!" he says to the others, looking to them for approval before opening the door on his own.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa nods her agreement to the big nord, but also asks, "Was anyone else injured during the fight with these bird creatures?? I would have us in good health before we meet that 'Oni' again."


Ulf finds himself in what seems to be the room between the throne room and the room in which you fought the Ogrrekin woman.It seems the bars were to prevent her entering.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara gives a weak smile to Runa and says "I could use some help, but I think you have used your magic on me once today, already."


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Ulf gives a huff of disappointment at seeing Matilduh's body in the chamber, clearly disappointed by the fact that this particular threat is already dispatched. "Well...on to next. Which door we take now?" he asks, gesturing to the doors in the north and southeast walls of the throne room.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa smiles and says, "The hex of healing is very handy, but I also ready other healing spells, just in case!"

Cure Light Woounds: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

If this is not enough, I also have a wand of cure moderate wounds.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

"Thank you, Runa. That feels much better. How are you holding up? Using magic tends to wear the caster out, doesn't it?"


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

"It is true and I am feeling some of the effects. A rest would be most welcome, but I am not sure that this is a safe place or time to do that."


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

What time of day is it now?


It is now around about noon..remember you left in the early morning


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

"There is still a lot of daylight left. We should deal with as many enemies as we can today. Can you hold out a while longer?"


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

A quick question DM Wellard. I have not been using any of my new spells from leveling up yet...is that right?? I think you told us we could not until we rested.

"I think I can continue on for awhile longer, but I am not too sure how much help I will be."


That is correct..prepared casters need to rest before their new spells take effect.You have had 5 combats since you arrived in the Village.


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Ouch thats quite the churn.

I'm loathe to return to camp without answers and I fear that nowhere in this castle is safe with all that we have seen milling about. I agree we press on at least until we can find an honestly defensible spot for rest.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

"Is also possible for us to go back through village on way to caravan. We did not explore Brinewall very much, since we saw the corbies coming from castle before much looking had been done. We could make our way back to caravan, seeing if we missed anything there on the way."


Eidolon 3

Cinder merely stares, heat rolling off its partially translucent form. Its opinion on the matter at the moment is difficult to ascertain.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

"I think going all the way back to the caravan is a bad idea. Our enemies are likely to want to follow us and I do not want to lead them to the others. Maybe there is someplace in the town that could work.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

"Lets us continue on for awhile...I am not completely worn out!"Runa says with a smile.


So there is the big double door to the west and the ywo doors at the throneroom end to check out..I think I may have got my doors mixed up at one point.


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Zal points to the double doors to the west. Let's go that way and see what we can see... Zal makes his way to the door but but flourishes his hands at Omara, presenting the door. He smiles at the rogue.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara goes to the doors that Zal is keen on going through. "I think this leads back outside, but we'll give it a try."


Arrgh my bad, double doors to the west also, close to the barred door


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Zal meant those :p


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa and Tofa move up to the doors, crossbow at the ready.


Eidolon 3

Cinder takes its place by the door, ready to charge in as soon as the door is opened.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Ulf follows suit with the magma-skinned lizard, axe held tightly in both hands as he eagerly awaits the opening of the doors.


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Zal keeps his bow at the ready and stands further back to give everyone space, he nods at the rest to indicate his readiness.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

..Ummm..who is opening the door..lol...we are all ready for it to open, but I dont think anyone is actually doing it!!


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara will listen for what may be behind the doors, and then open them for her companions to charge through.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Hullo? Omara opens the doors, its practically a system now. Swashbuckler lines up on the door, puts her ear to it real quick to confirm that there is something to be destroyed then throws the doors open for Ulf and Cinder to murder everything while the rest of rush in for cleanup. We are a well oiled machine! :D


hearing nothing Omara opens the doors to find herself looking into a large circular room. There is a balcony 15 feet above suppoerted by a ring of pillars and a staircase winds up to it along the southern wall.The walls are decorated by faded(and bloodpsattered ) frescoes of dancing elves


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf seems a bit disappointed at the empty room, having spent the last few minutes giving his axe quite the blade-test. He walks into the open space, slowly examining his surroundings, paying particular attention to how fresh the blood-spatter all over the wall seems to be.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa also looks about the place, noting where doors and other exits are located.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


The blood is old..probably from when the castle was overrun.

Other exits..Double doors opposite you..and a second set off the same on the Balcony level


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Seeing nothing immediately interesting, Omara moves across the room to the other set of doors. There she begins her door opening procedure.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

I'm with Devon on this one. Could we assume that Omara will spend a moment listening at each door? If she hears something, she will alert the others and then open the door. If not, she will open the door as quietly as she can. Having to type it out every time could become quite tedious. (Please note I did not say "check for traps." She is not yet experienced enough to be that paranoid.)


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Zal steps halfway into the space, bow in hand ready to move on.


Eidolon 3

Cinder slides into the room slowly, still on the lookout for hidden enemies. His burning eyes cast this way and that, and his muscles are tense. It appears ready to spring the moment it notices something amiss.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


The double doors open into a short hallway..there are normal doors to the north and south and another set of double doors to the east.

Omara checks every door...

North 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

South 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

East 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

..she hears nothing at any off them


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara quietly opens the door to the north and peeks in.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf's grip on the haft of his axe slowly tightens, hands twisting back and forth eagerly as he waits to see what lay behind the door.


This would appear to be a storeroom of sorts..mouldering crates fill the 10x15 room


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Now the south door.

1,851 to 1,900 of 2,669 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.