Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Wellards Jade Regent

Game Master Wellard

See Full Description for Relationship Scores


1,701 to 1,750 of 2,669 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Eidolon 3

Cinder's burning eyes flash as it finally sees a foe worth its effort. It rushes forward, slashing horizontally with its razor-edged blade.

Longsword Charge: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15
Four again, really? Not sure if that's good enough, but if it is: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Cinders Blade also draws ichor from the creature

The Big Spider in it's turn bites at Cinder but it's fangs meet only empty air

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Zaladrel takes a shot at the spider and manages to put an arrow into it.

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 4 = 14 Damage1d6 ⇒ 5

Omara joins the rush on the Creature and her Rapier finds flesh, the thing is looking on its last legs now.


I will be away from my PC from tomorrow(Tuesday) until next Monday Evening. Taking my Family for a Short Vacation before I head for Paizo Con UK


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa targets the creature with her crossbow and fires.

Attack-Ranged: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Runa's bolt flies wide.

Caneveryone post their round three actions and I'll resolve them when i get home on friday.


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Kno:Dungeon on crazy critter-->1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 Go go magic monster identifying brain! Man with that bonus I still only get a twenty, sad.

Zal will try to take a shot at the spider again 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 4 = 2 AAnndd that is a miss.


Eidolon 3

Cinder shifts around to better position itself for a killing blow before letting loose with a flurry of blows.

5-foot-step to try to flank with either Omara or Ulf, the Full Attack.
Longsword attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15
Claw attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10
I swear I am incapable of rolling above 5 here lately! Either way, the modifier for flanking's on there. If I can't get into flanking with just a 5FS, then just ignore the extra +2.
Damage if any of those hit: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11; 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 3; HP 41/41; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+3/W+1; Init +8; Per +1

DM Wellard, on my first attack, I forgot to include the bonus from the Overland Chop ability of a Two-Handed Fighter, which gives me double strength bonus when attacking just once in a turn; I'm not worried about the extra two points now, but I'll remember to add them in from here forward.

Úlf, landing hard from his slash on the strange creature before him after gashing it in a diagonal line along his side, shifts his grip with practiced ease, cutting in a horizontal line across the thing's midsection.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Damage: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

With everyone ganging up on the purple web flinger, he should go down soon. Omara turns her attention to the spider.

Should she be able to attack it:
Attack Rapier:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Attack Starknife: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Also turning her attention to the spider, Runa attempts to put it to sleep.

Hex-Sleep: DC-14 Will save, sleep for 3 rounds.


"It's an Ettercap" Zaladrel cries as he nocks a second arrow and draws.."Beware it's poisoned Fangs"

The creature hisses then bites and claws at Ulf to no effect

Bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Claw 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Claw 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

In response the Young Ulfen cuts it down.

Cinder having no other target turns its attention to the Spider and scores a telling hit with its Longsword the Spider in return makes a feeble attempt at a counter attack which leaves it open to Omara who puts it down and out

Spider Bite 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

FIGHT OVER!!!


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Strange creatures to keep stabled, that's for sure. Shall we check the building and see if we might determine why these beast were kept here?

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara is still wary of what she thinks she saw in the rafters. She will not put her weapons away until she's satisfied that there is nothing left to attack the group.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


1d20 + 22 ⇒ (19) + 22 = 41

Omara sees nothing..the building is as quiet as the grave. Still someone or something must have cast that light spell


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 3; HP 41/41; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+3/W+1; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf grins in triumph as the strange creature is cut down before him, then looks down at the corpse, scowling. "Ettercap. Is strange beast...and has poison fangs, yes? Is good I am not bitten. Where did light come from? Zaladrel, did you cast spell?"


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

No, I thought Runa...well then...

Zal looks around warily keeping his eyes on the rafters as Omara mentioned.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

"It was not me!
Runa looks around the interior with Tofa.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Tofa-Percception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 3; HP 41/41; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+3/W+1; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf seems very curious at the fact that Zaladrel and Runa both deny casting the spell. It is clear, though, that the spell was intended to give them all light to see the ettercap and spider by; there is no other discernible purpose for the spell being cast. And if it meant the group to see them, it wasn't a stretch that it wanted the beasts removed from the premises. He looks toward the rafters then, and clears his throat to make sure that his voice would be heard in the barn.

"Is someone here? We thank you for helping us fight these monsters! We could not see without your light. If you are here still, please show yourself so we may thank you as fellow warriors and foes of these beasts!"


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara puts her weapons away and starts poking about the barn. "Let's see if these creatures kept anything useful in here."

Perception to find the hidden stash of . . . whatever these things kept: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


It appears that the Ettercap had no treasure..perhaps the Corbies required him to hand it all over to them

Ulf gets no answer to his call.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 3; HP 41/41; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+3/W+1; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf huffs disappointedly, having been sure there was someone (or something) helping the party out. But...maybe he was wrong.

Either way, he looks back to the rest of the group, lifting his axe onto his right shoulder. "Well...barn is clear. Where shall we go next?"


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara takes one last look at the rafters and heads toward the northern door. "If we go out this way, there should be a door across the yard." With that, she opens the door to the outside.


Amazingly Saturday will mark the 1st anniversary of this thread

Moving out into the courtyard again you make your way over the short distance to the door that leads , you hope, into the main body off the keep

Omara listens at the door...

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

..but hears nothing


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara checks to see if the door is locked. If not, she will open it and take a peek inside.

If it is locked:
Disable Device; 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Wow, the electronic dice thingy really doesn't like me picking locks.


The door is unlocked and Omara pushes it open cautiously..as she does there is a shuffling sound and a long drawn out hiss as a large lizard charges out off the shadows.

Cinder 21
Ulf 20
Omara17
Runa 10+
Zaladrel 10
Lizard 7


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Wellard I take your silence in the OOC as tacit approval of my requested changes ;P

More and more creatures in this place, quite the zoo...

I'll wait to see how the other inits play.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 3; HP 41/41; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+3/W+1; Init +8; Per +1

Ditto. I'll wait until Cinder goes before posting my action.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara will back away from the door (and the charging lizard) and draw her weapons.


Eidolon 3

Sorry, Wellard. Was gonna post yesterday, but I crashed and burned. Fell asleep reading from like 6:30 PM to 7:45 AM. I'll have my action as soon as I get home from work.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

I may be slow to respond for a few days. Feel free to play through without me.


Its ok guys..btw I'll be away tomorrow as I'm off to a wargames show in Edinburgh


Eidolon 3

Cinder finds the similarity of form between it and its newest opponent entertaining for a brief moment before it barrels down the hallway, steel flashing dangerously.

Longsword Charge: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Well... I doubt that did anything, but I've been wrong before. Here's the damage if that by some miracle hits: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Again Runa falls back on her slumber hex, hoping to sleep the beast before it can harm any of her friends.

Hex-Slumber: DC-14(Will), sleep fr 3 rounds


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 3; HP 41/41; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+3/W+1; Init +8; Per +1

Following Cinder's example, Úlf charges forward, eyes ablaze with the joy of joy of entering battle once again.

Charging Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 - 1 = 13
And just in case that somehow miraculously hits...maybe it still counts as flat-footed or something.
Damage: 1d12 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 3 = 16


Cinder and Ulf both manage to connect with their blows and it goes down before it,or anyone else for that matter, can react.

It was indeed still flat footed

You notice that the beast is moulting it's skin and large flaps off dead skin hang off it including one over its eyes that would have obscured it's vision.


Eidolon 3

Cinder growls from the pit of its stomach and prods the creature to insure its death. Once certain it is dead, Cinder examines it to see if it can identify the creature.

What Knowledge would tell me about this thing?


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 3; HP 41/41; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+3/W+1; Init +8; Per +1

The lizard now dead, Úlf now turns to explore the chamber they have entered, hoping to find something that might give them a clue as to which direction they should go next. Hallways, doors, that sort of thing.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 12


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara looks around the room, as well, to see what else may be in here.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


There is a door on theopposite side off the room which proves to be unlocked. Listening at the door before entering Omara can here the distinct sounds of some sort of scuffle taking place in the area beyond


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara turns back to her friends and puts a finger up to her lips to indicate quiet. She will open the door slightly and take a peek inside.


Omara Stealth1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

1d20 - 5 ⇒ (14) - 5 = 9
1d20 - 5 ⇒ (18) - 5 = 13

A large table lies in shambles in the middle of this room, while crumbled suits of armor bearing decorations of dragons twisting around castle towers lie in heaps along the walls.

A flight of stairswinds up along a curved wall to the north. The air in this room feels stuffy and carries an eye-watering reptilian stink.

The source off the stink appears to be two lizard like Humanoids hissing at each other across the table on which sits the body of a large (small dog sized) Tick


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara again looks back to her companions and indicates that she will open the door when they are ready.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 3; HP 41/41; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+3/W+1; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf flexes his grip on his greataxe, appearing all too eager and ready to charge into the room. Before he gives the go-ahead, though, he makes sure he is already angled such that he will be able to more easily charge into the room at one of the two lizard-people-things.


Eidolon 3

Smoke hisses off Cinder as it looks ready to charge into the room. Its talons tighten on the hilt of its sword. Within the creature can be made out the form of Lissa whose brow knits in concentration as though holding her monster back.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa whispers, "Perhaps I could try and sleep one of them before we charge in. What do you think?"


You'll get a surprise round..one action apiece

Ulf +8
Omara+4
Runa +2
Zaladrel +2
Lissa +0/ Cinder +1

Runa 19
Ulf 18
Omara 17
Zaladrel 10
Cinder 7

This means Runa and Ulf have to delay unti Omara has the door open


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 3; HP 41/41; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+3/W+1; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf hops back and forth between his feet, obviously eager for the door to be opened, rotating his grip on his axe as he anxiously waited for the moment of action.

When Omara opens the door, he gleefully jumps forward, containing the battle cry that threatened to burst from his lungs as he charged headlong toward the closest lizard-thing he could reach, axe raised high above his head until he was close enough to bring the sharp head of the weapon down on on the creature's skull.

Charging Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 - 1 = 16
Damage: 1d12 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 3 = 15
Some day I'm going to roll a critical on an attack, and when I do, it's going to be SPECTACULAR.

If neither of the lizard-things is within a single move action for the surprise round charge, Úlf will just use a full move to close the distance as much as he can.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara opens the door, taking her hat off while doing so. She makes a showy bow, ushering the others into the room. She then puts her hat back on, draws her weapons and enters the room herself.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa targets the largest of the lizards with her sleep hex as soon as she enters the room.

Hex-Sleep: DC-14, sleep 3 rounds


Will Save1d20 ⇒ 14

One Lizard staggers a little then recovers from the Hex as Ullf cuts down it's companion
I would have thought Omara would have drawn a weapon before opening the door

1,701 to 1,750 of 2,669 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.