Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Wellards Jade Regent

Game Master Wellard

See Full Description for Relationship Scores


1,651 to 1,700 of 2,667 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Still waiting for people to level up here..we'll hold until that's done


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

I have leveled Runa up already. Took brew potion as her new feat. Now just need to get some time to do it. Lol. Also gained new spells, but will not have access to them until we rest next.


so far only Omara and Runa have levelled up..come on guys..btw you won't be levelling again until the climax of this chapter.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Sorry DM Wellard! I updated the HeroLab file but neglected to put the changes into the profile here. My mistake.

Ulf huffs out a disappointed sigh at seeing the metal bars covering the next door. "Do spellcasters have magics that could go through bars? Is only way through here. If not we must find other way in. I do not think my axe could break bars."


Eidolon 3

Cinder and Lissa are leveled. Sorry, I just didn't report it, I'm done with them.


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Ahhhaha...

I'm like, "what is he talking about I leveled up Zal a week ago!

OR NOT...

heh. Sorry about that.

Qadira

Male Human Desk Monkey 2/ Logistics Guru 3/ Over-educated 2/Gamer 6

Oh wait I remember why...I was hoping to start taking Inquisitor levels instead of cleric and I wanted the nod from Wellard before I did that. Not sure why I forgot to actually ask but maybe I can blame it on my 2 year old somehow?


As far as I am conmcerned you can have any base/core class you like..PRC's we might have to talk about


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Suhweet...I might have a PrC in mind later but that is far, far down the road. I will get Zal updated ASAP.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

We ready to move on? Ulf is good to go.


Eidolon 3

Cinder is ready to fight!


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Grr done and ready I think.


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

This stupid thing is eating my posts! Stole my update and my explanation on here. *shakes fist at Pbp*


The bars on the doorway seem to silently mock your efforts.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

"I think I saw a door on the other side of the building. We should probably go around."


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Zal tilts his head at Omara, ready to follow her wherever she might lead.


Eidolon 3

"We care not. Point us to a foe upon which we may direct our fury."


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa looks warily at Cinder, not sure where this sudden bloodlust has come from.
"Well let us head over to the otherside and check that door."


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

"I am sure we will find many more foes to test ourselves on if we are patient, Cinder." Úlf answers, agreeing that the group should go and try to find the other door that Omara recalls.


You make your way back out to the cloister and from there to the larger coutyard you entered by..the building on the left of this area seems to have been a stable cum tithe barn.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

"Maybe we should check out the stables," says Omara, indicating the building to the left. "We do not want any surprises if we need to leave quickly."


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf nods his ascent to the suggestion, agreeing that it would be better to go ahead and make sure no threat resides there...not to mention searching the barn may turn up something of use for the group as they search the remainder of the castle.


The stable is a wooden buildiong..sagging a little but still sound two sets of double doors one at either end serve to allow entry..

North or south entrance?


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Let's try the south. Listening at the door. (unless we can look inside.)
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Omara

Spoiler:
You hear a skittering sound..perhaps Rats

The Castle is still ominously quiet and the walls of the courtyard loom around you.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara steps back from the door. "Sounds like rats," she says, in a low tone.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Ulf snorts in a distinctly derisive manner. "Rats? Only rats? Surely we can handle a few rodents."


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Zal smirks slightly, Perhaps an Ogrekin has learned to sound like a rat and then we can challenge you properly. Zal ever so mildyl sticks his tongue out at Ulf but then composes himself and looks about, Well should we try to clear the building? Should Cinder and I go to the North and work our way to you?


Eidolon 3

Cinder peels scaled lips back from its teeth. It might be that it likes this idea. Or it might be snarling. It's difficult to tell.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

"Let's just open the door." Omara opens the door, if possible.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Ulf will pull his axe out of the carry harness as Omara opens the door, readying himself for the combat that he anticipates moments from now.


Omara pushes the door open and peers into the darkened building..

The scuttling sound is louder now ..

Barn Occupant1 27
Ulf 24
Cinder 20
Barn Occupant 2 14
Zaladrel 12
Omara 9
Runa 5

A glob of something flies out off the shadows and engulfs Ulf in a sticky web like substance

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

ULf needs a DC19 strength check to break free or someone can use a weapon to slice the webs away..


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

NOT A RAT!

If Ulf breaks out Zal will take a 5 foot step back, draw his starknife, cast light on it, and toss it into the room. (Assuming a toss is okay as a move action.)

If Ulf does not break free Zal will urge Cinder into the fray and will attempt to cut Ulf loose. Attack1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Damage1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Eidolon 3

Heat hisses off Cinder, and the molten fire between its plates flares brightly for a brief second. And it slinks forward, baring its blade to chop the sticky goo from its companion.

Longsword Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Not sure if that's good enough for what I'm doing, but if it is, here's the damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

If Úlf manages to escape, Cinder will instead cast Magic Fang on itself since it cannot see its foe at the moment.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf barely has time to process the glob of whatever-it-is flying at him after the barn doors are opened, covering him in a substance that wasn't unlike some kind of spider's prey-web. He gives a sharp cry of surprise and shock, though when he tries to flinch away, he finds himself unable to move very well.

Quickly realizing his predicament, he draws in a deep breath, drawing his arms as close into his chest as he can before thrusting them outward again, trying to tear his way out of the sticky web.

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

With relatively little effort, the web tears beneath his bulging musculature, giving a cry of victory and, for a brief moment, raising his axe high in triumph. The momentary thrill of success passing, he draws his axe back to himself, adopting a somewhat defensive posture as he gazes into the barn, hoping to be better prepared for anything else that may launch something at him from the dark.

Fighting defensively the remainder of the round


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

With a slight smile, Omara draws both her rapier and her starknife and waits to see what Zal's light spell reveals.


Ulf tears himself free off the web almost as soon as it forms an act met with a hiss from the shadows.

As Cinder casts Magic Fang a second glob of web flies towards you

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

This time it is Omara who is ensnared in the webs forcing Zaladrel to cut her free..however to his surprise the interior of the barn lights up as if he had cast the spell he was forced to abort.

the light reveals an ugly purple skinned humanoid looking like a cross bewixt a man and the massive spider that stands beside it.

Omara is free to take an action if she wishes otherwise Runa is up.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Muttering the hex under her breath, Runa attempts to send the creature to sleep.
Hex-Sleep: DC-14 Save vs Fortitude. Sleep 3 rounds.


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Ettercap?
I got monster hunter mojo now what should I roll to figure out what that thing is?


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara steps back from the door while staring at the man-spider. She will wait for them to come to her, but be ready do dodge another web glob. "Let them come to us."

Qadira

Male Human Desk Monkey 2/ Logistics Guru 3/ Over-educated 2/Gamer 6

Fyi im in hospital, not super serious but my posting will be delayed.


Knowledge Dungeoneering to ID in character

Sorry to hear that Devon

Fort Save1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

The Human/Spider thing shrugs off Runa's hex as if it had never been spoken .

Round 2

Hybrid 27
Ulf 24
Cinder 20
Spider 14
Zaladrel 12
Omara 9
Runa 5

The creature throws another web globe at you targetting Omara.This time it misses her spattering on the ground outside the Barn.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Can we see any other critters in the barn?

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Omara

Spoiler:
You can't be certain but you sould swear you caught a momentary glimpse of something up in the buildings rafters.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

"They're not coming out. It looks like we'll have to go in. Be careful, I think I saw something in the rafters."


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf's initiative is before Omara's, so I'm going to play it as if he didn't hear her warning. Not that his action would've been much different.

Úlf, now seeing the strange human/spider hybrid, shows no hesitation. This thing attacked him, then attacked Omara not once, but twice. That is all he needed to know. He charged forward, roaring a challenge to the creature as he raised his axe into the air, rearing back as far as he could as he leapt into the air, then brought his axe swinging forward with all his strength at the monster.

Attack (Charge + Power Attack): 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 - 1 = 15
Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 3 = 15


Ulfs axe cuts deeply into the side of the Hybrid creature and a foul yellow ichor gushes from the wound


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara follows Ulf into the barn. If she can get to the humanoid and still attack, she will.

Attack: Rapier 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 2 = 21
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Attack: Starknife 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 2 = 14
Damage (if it hits)1d4 ⇒ 1

I'm wearin' him down!

If she cannot attack this round, she will continue to move to flank the creature for next round.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

I do not wish to post out of turn, but Runa goes after Omara, but I have not seen Cinders or Zal post yet. Should I wait??


Best to wait..I know Devon is still ill but we'll give it another day or so

1,651 to 1,700 of 2,667 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.