Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Wellards Jade Regent

Game Master Wellard

See Full Description for Relationship Scores


1,551 to 1,600 of 2,664 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa mimes to Omara that she can try to sleep the two creatures, but to be ready to act, as the sleep will not last long. She waits until she gets a response from Omara, then casts at the one which looks the strongest.


Eidolon 3

Cinder's claws twitch nervously on the hilt of its sword as it awaits the return of the women.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara looks back at the others, puts a finger up to her mouth, and beckons them come closer quietly. When she is sure the others have seen her, she turns back to Runa and begins to quietly draw her rapier. In mid-draw, she stops. She looks at the ornately crafted hand guard with sadness for a few seconds, and returns the blade to its resting positions. She reaches back to her pack to pull out the wakazashi she has been carrying. She looks at it thoughtfully for a second, then looks at Runa and nods.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa sleep-hex's the stronger of the two creatures. DC-14, sleep for 2 rounds.


1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

The creature seems to be unaffected.

Initiative.(after Omaras surprise round action)

Ulf 17
Omara 16
Zaladrel 11
Bad guys 9
Runa 7
Cinder 3


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara moves to strike the nearest creature with her unfamiliar blade.

Attack 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 4 = 20
Confirm Critical 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 4 = 14 (Maybe...)
Damage + Sneak Attack 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 5) + 1 = 7

Omara stabs at the creature as she would with her rapier, and learns that it works quite differently.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

If possible, Úlf will use his surprise round to charge the furthest bad guy, leaving the other to Omara and the rest of the party. If not, he will use his surprise round action to move forward until he can see the bad guys, and then he'll charge the same enemy.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Zal will attempt to move towards the creature Omara is fighting with. (We are on surprise so just the move right?)


Only Runa and Omara can see the creatures at the start off the surprise round.I'll let the rest off you use the single action to move up to where Runa is.

Omara's strike is more effective than she thought

Critical damage1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 for a total of 11 points.

Ok into round 1

Ulf charges forward and his axe bites deep into the same creature Omara struck. It stays on it's feet but is bleeding badly.


Eidolon 3

If possible, Cinder shall charge the one Úlf did not charge. Alternatively he shall flank with Omara.

Charge Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

EDIT: Post ninja'd by GM.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara twists about, putting the creature between herself and the other, and slashes at it. An attack method quite different from what she is used to.

Attack1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 4 = 5
Using Dodge against this creature


Dodge in PF works differently from 3.5 and you get it against everything trying to hit you so no need to specify
if I can get Zal's actions for round 1 can move onto what the bad guys are doing.

The creatures are malformed.

The one you have damaged is almost an albino and has a vestigial head growing from the back of it's neck

The other is grossly fat and it's skin looks like boiled leather.


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Oh sorry missed that. I will gang up with Ulf since Cinder and Omara see m to be ganging up on the other?

Attack (Charge?)1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 +2 if charge or flank is possible

Damage 1d8 ⇒ 1


Zaladrels strike rocks the creasture on it's heels but it still stands.

In their turn the creatures strike back..the first on Omara the second on Ulf

Omara1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 damage 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Ulf 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Runa is up then we can resolve Cinders action and move on to round 2


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Once again Runa speaks the curse of sleep, this time at the other monster.

Curse-Sleep: DC-14 will save


Will Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Again the creature is unaffected

Cinder moves up at speed and the first of your opponents goes down

Round 2
Ulf 17
Omara 16
Zaladrel 11
Fat Guy 9
Runa 7
Cinder 3


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara reels as the creature's blow nearly knocks the wind out of her. Owwwww! I can still move. I can still fight! Seeing Cinder taking him down, she moves to flank the other.

Attack 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 4 = 20
Confirm Crit 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 4 = 15
Damage 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7(assuming they have the same AC)
Sneak Attack 1d6 ⇒ 5

Hmm, feast or famine.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Ulf laughs when the creature's strike goes wide, swiveling his hips and bringing his axe overhead in a downward chop on the second, muscles flexing strongly as he drops the hammer, as it were, on the thing's head.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 1 = 26
One of these days I'll get a nat-20 on an attack roll...one of these days...then bang, zoom! To the moon!
Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 3 = 13


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Zal will position himself to aid Cinder to strike. Move to where I think Cinder will be able to flank with me and then I "aid another"...so ideally Cinder will get between +2 to +4 with me standing there.


Ulf and Omara stagger the creature..

Zal still needs to hit to Aid..but you only need a 10.


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Hooray!


Eidolon 3

Cinder's growl rumbles out from deep within sounding much like an avalanche as it moves to attack with the others. It nimbly doges one of the creatures meaty fists. Just before swinging, the creature turns to acknowledge Zaladrel, spinning and slicing with his star to distract it. Seeing its chance, Cinder slices its blade horizontally, level with the thing's chest in a fierce slash.

Aided flanking attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Damage (If that hit, but I doubt it...): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


The beast tries to stagger away from you all..but collapses with a burbling cry of "M..Mutilduh!!!!"


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Ulf, already preparing for a second swing on the creature, suddenly stops, looking quizzically down at the...whatever-it-is. "Matilda....?"


The humanoid is unconcious and bleeding out..


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Zal will look to the others, Distressing, should I end its path to death in the hopes we might communicate with it?


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf nods up to Zaladrel. "Is good idea, I think. Is better to have more information than another dead foe."


Eidolon 3

Cinder looks as though it is about to execute the creature, but upon hearing Úlf and Zaladrel, it shrugs and sheathes its weapon.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

While waiting for Zaladrel to stabilize the creature, Úlf retrieves the silk rope from his backpack, cutting a length of it off to bind the thing's hands and feet securely to prevent it from escaping.


Let me remind you off what the Corbie told you

DM Wellard wrote:


The Biggies, he says, are big ugly folk taller than a man and very violent.There are only three or four off them led by a female called Matilduh.The Master wasn't pleased when they arrived but let them stay when he saw how good they were at fighting...which they do all the time beating on each other if there is no enemy present.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara sits on a fallen piece of wall, panting a bit, each breath a painful reminder of the wicked backhand she received. We can't just kill him, she thinks. But we can't let him get up and start attacking again. Or call for help. It's not like they attacked us. We...I attacked them first. That's the third time today. Surprise attacking creatures that never did anything to me. That's not how Papa taught me to fight. What's gotten into me?

Omara looks at the creatures on the ground. But still, there's no way I could beat them in a straight up fight. (Sigh) Ow! What have I gotten myself into?


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa moves over to where Omara is sitting and also sits down. "I am sorry my hex did not take on these creatures. How are your wounds? Do you need any healing?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Hmm. S'what I get for not going back to re-read what has happened before. Does knowing that change anything for you Zal?


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara gently places her hand on her bruised chest and shoulder and smiles at Runa. "I guess I am lucky he hit me in the body. If he had hit me in the head, we might not be having this conversation."


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Zal scratches at his chin a moment, I recall now that these creature are lead by a "Matilda". We are told in our training that we may send creatures, people and all sorts to meet the Lady of Graves...I suppose this is my first "person" but their violence seems to put us in the right. It's path is set, let us move on.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa places a healing hex on Omara, taking some of the sting out of the wounds she received fighting the oddly shaped humanoids.

Healing Hex: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf snorts as he looks down at the creature, narrowing his eyes. "I do not know that these are 'people' any more than goblins were. They have strange look about them." he answers, kicking the strange creature over onto its' back so he can get a good look down at it. His axe is still ready to strike, not yet ready to fully believe that whatever-it-is is completely subdued.

"Has anyone ever seen creature like this?"


DC12 Knowledge Nature or indeed Knowledge Local to ID

If successful

Spoiler:
From your rememberance of the tales told by the 'Heroes of Sandpoint' you would say these 'Biggies' were Ogre-kin, the mutated offspring of an unholy union between Ogres and Humans


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

"Thank you, Runa. That feels a lot better. Could these guys be ogres? I've only heard stories about them, but never seen one."


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Knowledge-Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

"I believe they are known as ogre-kin; an unholy mating of human with ogre."


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

With a derisive snort, Úlf looks down at the creature once more. "Pity the female that bore this thing into the world."


Eidolon 3

"It is dead. That is all we find important."


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

I'll take 10 on the Kno check.

I had never seen one till now but I agree Runa

Zal casts a sideways glance at Cinder and nods in acknowledgement of the comment but says nothing.

Well we should move on. With the bird men and these creatures roaming about and Desna knows what else we should stay on the move.

How should we do this? Through the main entrance? Scope out the side buildings?


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Ulf walks to the head of one of the ogrekin, squating and putting his hands beneath its shoulders before looking up to Cinder. "Cinder, help me hide bodies. Is no need to let others see them and know there are intruders."


The distasteful job of hiding the bodies behind rubble takes but a few minutes


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara winces slightly at Ulf's statement, then stands. "I think we should continue to the smaller door to the north. I do not think it is a good idea to go in the front door."


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

That sounds prudent to me, shall we?


You move up to the door off the courtyard.

Omara checks it for traps

Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Then listens

Perception 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 5 = 10

She finds nothing unusual about the door and hears nothing behind it.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara opens the door as quietly as she can and looks into the room behind it. If there does not seem to be a threat, she will walk in.


Four stone pillars support the roof of this large hall. What appear to have once been wooden cages lie in shambles throughout the room. A heap of rags and furs in the middle of the room seems to be some sort of makeshift bed, while a large heap of partially eaten birds, squirrels, and wild turnips mounded nearby reeks with the stink of compost.

What draws your attention most however is the brutish looking woman in the middle off the room.Dressed in leather and swinging a vicious looking flail she moves towards the door with a wierd gait.

Round 1
Cinder 21
Mutilduh 17
Omara 15
Ulf 14
Zaladrel 12
Runa 10

1,551 to 1,600 of 2,664 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.