Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Wellards Jade Regent

Game Master Wellard

See Full Description for Relationship Scores


1,501 to 1,550 of 2,667 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Omara

Spoiler:
Whether the call has alerted anyone is something you can't really know..but it was a raucous cry obviously intended as such an alert. You manage to return to the ladder and climb 15 feet down leaving you 25 feet to go..or you can make a DC15 climb roll to descend at full speed.

For the rest off you..

Omara appears climbing down the ladder with some urgency.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Note to self: practice climbing things. Omara knows her limits and will climb down the ladder normally for another 10 feet and leap down the rest of the way acrobatically. "One of the sentries saw me and called out for help."


Acrobatics to avoid damage DC 15 and it only counts for ten feet..

As Omara speaks a harsh cawing voice echoes in the area above her and a black feathered head pokes through the opening.it takes in the party and withdraws quickly.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf snorts, lifting his axe in both hands in a position that indicates his readiness to fight. "Sneaking is out, then. We fight!" he says. His voice is almost trembling, but the group gets the idea that it's trembling from anticipatory excitement rather than any sense of apprehension.

He quickly dashes over to the front door of the gatehouse, though he waits for the others to arrive before attempting to open the door. He stands far enough back from it that if something were to come out, he'd be out of the way of the door opening and ready to bury his axe-head in its' skull.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa mutters a quick incantation, and a ribbon of force wraps itself around her body, shimmering slightly in the light. She readies her crossbow and waits for the others.

Casts mage armour


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Zaladrel smirks slightly as the adrenaline kicks in once more. I can tell you are so disappointed my large friend. Zal preps his shield and sword ready to follow Ulf into the fray. Thiking on it for a moment Zal tilts his head, Should we back up the ladder for higher ground? Should we split up?


Round 1

DM Special 23 Action taken
Ulf 21+ action taken
Omara 21-
Corbie 20
Cinder 15
Zaladrel 12 action taken
Runa 11 actions taken

it would take three rounds to climb the ladder


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

"There's only one up there now," says Omara as she climbs further down the ladder. She leaps off the ladder 10 feet up and lands uncomfortably close to Zaladrel, panting slightly. "Whew, I say we stay down here."

Omara will leap the last 10 feet, then. Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
I think climbing down takes my entire action, right?


Climbing the 15'..one move action, leaping the remainder and landing on your feet a second move action

Up above there is a startled caw from the Corbie, closely followed by a second, then nothing.


Female Human (Varisian/Shoanti) Summoner (Synthesist) 3

Lissa waits until the corbies begin their descent of the ladder. When they do she swiftly reaches into the Plane of Earth to pull out a glob of acid to toss at the it.

Acid Splash Raged Touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2


Nothing descends the ladder..indeed it is surprisingly quiet...almost too quiet.

How long do you intend to wait here..


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

I could look through the door? Or we can kick it open?


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf looks over to Zaladrel. "Is better to know what is behind door first. Could you take look?" he asks.


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

I will! Oh boy oh boy! Door sight power activated!


Slightly abashed DM here..I should have stressed that the gates to the gatehouse are not solid

You can look through the gates into the courtyard beyond....

This barren courtyard of hard-packed earth contains clumps of tough-looking weeds, furrows in the ground as if made by taloned feet, and chalky white mounds of dung the size of human heads.

About 40 feet from the gate you stand at is a large and impressive doorway which seems to be the main entrance for the Keep


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

What is the gate made of? I assume some kind of metal.


The gate is made from Iron bars..with a patina of rust.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf tests the bars to see how sturdy they are.

Strength check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Ulf finds that the gate is locked and quite sturdy..DC 28 to break.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf grunts as he tests the strength of the bars, finding that the patina of rust is only that, the bars not weakened in the slightest. He moves away from the front of the bars so as to avoid any arrows or other attacks from the corbies within the courtyard before speaking to the others. "Gate is solid. Cannot break with force. Does anyone have spell to break door down? If not we must use ladder."


Round 2

Still nothing happens, no sign, sight or sound of the Corbie


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara climbs back up the ladder. At the top, she takes a peek to see what is going on.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Three rounds to get back up the ladder, Omara.


Female Human (Varisian/Shoanti) Summoner (Synthesist) 3

"I don't... looks like we're climbing," Lissa states, seeming rather put out. Why don't I know any useful spells like Zaladrel or Runa? She sighs and gets ready to climb the ladder unless anyone else can concoct a way through the gate.


Omara

Spoiler:
In the Turret atop the gatehouse you find the corbie..it has a look of surprise on it's face and is very very dead.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara looks down the ladder to the others. "It's dead!" She climbs out and looks around for anyone. She will also look for ways into the castle that do not require going through the courtyard.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


The walls stretch off on either side off the gatehouse Omara would have to go along them to find any other way into the castle keep.


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Dead? But not by your hand? We should be wary and keep a close eye on our surroundings, anything that might fell the birdman with only its cries to warn us is surely something we should wish to keep away from.

Zaladrel will gesture at the others to climb. My goddess makes me fleet in all movements, I will watch our flanks as the rest of you climb.

Edited to reflect Wellard's reminder :-p


There was a sound..the birdman cried out in surprise twice


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf calls up to Omara, as quietly as he can,"Is there way down to courtyard from top of wall? This gate needs unlocking. Will make coming and leaving much simpler."


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara sticks her head in the opening. "I do not see another way down from here. I did not kill this one," she says, pointing to the unexpectedly dead corbie, "but maybe he has a key." Omara searches the birdman's belongings, and tries to get an idea of what might have killed him. If she can, she'll go over to the other and check that one as well. (She already knows what killed him)


You do indeed find a key on one off the bodies.

Ha..that's got you confused..and worried I'll bet


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

"I found a key," says Omara as she begins to climb back down the ladder. When she reaches the bottom, she will use the key on the locked gate. "There seems to be a door near the north wall. I think we should go around the edge of the courtyard," indicating the wall and building to the left, "rather than try and run through the middle. It would be easier at night, of course, but if we wait that long, someone will notice the guards are missing and know something is up."


Female Human (Varisian/Shoanti) Summoner (Synthesist) 3

"Sounds like a good idea to me, Lissa responds. "But before we get too much farther, and it seems we'll be meeting some resistance, I'm going to call Cinder." With that, Lissa beings the Ritual of Summoning. After only a moment, the smouldering form of her eidolon begins to take shape around her. As the creature's burning eyes open and its shape begins to take on substance, Lissa's eyes close and she falls into that appears to be a trance within her companion.


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Yes now I think the cover of night is a moot point Zal eyes Cinder with an amused expression. Let us take the route proposed and see if we can gain entry. The elf gestures to Omara to lead on.


Eidolon 3

I have stated before that Cinder doesn't shed light. Just a reminder.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf nods in agreement with Omara's plan. "Is better to go now before missing guards are noticed. We may still surprise them. We follow your lead, Omara. You are quiet one, after all." he answers, his hands twisting back and forth excitedly on the haft of his axe.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa nods agreement with the plan. She gets her crossbow ready and loaded.


Omara unlocks the gate and you move off towards the left hand side off the courtyard.

Perception rolls please.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Wow...do I even notice that we're in an old castle courtyard? Haha.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Listen! Do you smell something?


Eidolon 3

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 I think I see a... OOH! Look, something shiny!


Runa/Omara

Spoiler:
There is an archway to your right as you enter the courtyard..beyond it you can hear heavy grunts and groans


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

"I hear voices from over there," whispers Omara, pointing at the archway to the right. "Should we check it out?"


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa nods in agreement with Omara and, keeping Tofa close, readies her crossbow as they move forward towards the sounds.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Ulf watches the girls move forward, though does not follow for fear of alerting the source of whatever sounds it is they are going to check out.


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Zal nods at Ulf and smiles widely as his leather creaks ever so slightly. Standing fast, Zal gestures to Omara and Runa that they need merely call for the cleric to come to them if they have need.


Runa Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Omara Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Spoiler:
You move into the shadows of the archway and look beyond it

This smaller courtyard contains what may have once been a fine garden, but neglect has seen the death of the flowers that once grew here. Several broken benches complete the sense of loss. An area in the middle of the old cloister has been cleared of debris, and is marred by numerous bloodstains.

Two malformed humanoids are currently wrestling in the circular area they’ve cleared in the middle of this cloister. Each is a towering specimen, a muscular humanlike figure nearly 7 feet tall and riddled with deformities as well as numerous bruises and wounds.

1,501 to 1,550 of 2,667 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.