Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Wellards Jade Regent

Game Master Wellard

See Full Description for Relationship Scores


1,051 to 1,100 of 2,667 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Eidolon 3

Pretty sure your right, Zal, now that I think about it.
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
I want to know if it has any weaknesses or DR's/resistances before I choose my action. If not then I'll just guess.


Lissa/Cinder

Spoiler:
It's a giant Amoeba..a fairly weak member of the ooze family you are fairly sure that normal spells and weapons will work just fine against it


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa steps back and replaces her mace to its hook on her belt, and readies her crossbow.


Eidolon 3

Cinder roars with a sound no natural creature can create before charging forward. its claws burn orange like steel left in fire. It swings its mace in a powerful overhead smash and rips at the oozy creature with a steely talon.

Never been quite good at understanding mixing natural attacks and weapon attacks. I don't know if Cinder can attack with both and move, or if it's like a full attack where it has to spend a full-round action. I'll roll for both, and if I only get one ignore the claw attack.

Mace Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Claw Attack 1d20 ⇒ 9 (Looks like the claw probably didn't hit anyway)
Mace Damage (if hits) 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Should she get the opportunity, Omara will move around behind the creature and attempt to smash it with her mace.

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Almost before it begins the attack is over as Zaladrel Cinder and Ulf annihilate the slime like creature.Runa looks up with a bolt in hand shrugs and puts it away..Tavlor snorts as his magic is not needed.."hey don't kill the Skeletons that fast I want to see if this spell actually works" he quips.


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Zaladrel looks to the rest of the group. I doubt we will always find prey that easy, but Desna be praised we made such quick work of the beast. Eyeing the water and whatever is left of the gelatinous creature, Zaladrel will move forward toward the gems in the center of the room. Should I grab them?


Eidolon 3

Cinder shrugs, uncaring. "We care not. But we should press on," it rumbles.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf looks to the gems, then around the cavern chamber. "I do not see harm in it. I do not think it likely there will be more to stop us from taking gems."


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara scoops the gems into a small bag. When finished, she stands and indicates the exit to the cavern. "Shall we?"


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Zaladrel shrugs and smiles at Omara. Let's move on then.


Stopping for the holidays back to posting on the 26th


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Happy Holidays everyone!!!


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

HH to you all as well!


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf wishes all fellow gamers Merry Christmas! May all find shiny new daggers in their stockings!


Female Human (Varisian/Shoanti) Summoner (Synthesist) 3

From an examination of everyone's alignments, it seems everyone's been good this year. Potions of Good Will for everyone! They give a bonus to Diplomacy and saving throws against sadness.


And now that the jollity is over for another year..back to the plot
Having no real options left to you you scoop up the gems..which Omarra realises are just low value rock crystals..and head back to the area with the skeletons..they still lie on the floor of the cavern.

Rock Crystals worth 30Gp


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

This is where the map directed us isn't it Tavlor? It seems such a strange arrangement of nothing to warrant some crystals and dead bodies. Is there something in the water perhaps?


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara will look around the area for hidden passageways or anything that looks like it does not belong there (besides skeletons, which she will check as well, if she has to.) "If the goblins could find it, we should be able to."

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


The cave bends round to the north.an area you have as yet not explored


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

We'll go THAT way!

Once more Zaladrel takes up his glowing shield and leads on to the north.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Eidolon 3

Cinder shall follow, keeping a wary eye out.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf follows behind Zaldrel, his lucerne hammer at the ready should some other beastie decide to rear its' ugly head at the party.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa follows along at the back of the group with Tofa picking his way carefully behind her.


Rounding the corner you find that the cave comes to an abrupt end some 4 feet ahead..in the dim light of the spell on Zal's shield you see a skeletal figure sitting atop a ;arge chest.It's head turns towards you and the empty eye sockets seem to glow with pinpoints of light as it rises.


Eidolon 3

Smoke roils from Cinder's nostrils as it grips its mace tightly, ready for a fight as soon as it should break out.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf's reaction mirrors that of Cinder; his grip on the long hammer he wields tightens, muscles in his arms visibly tensing as he readies himself should he need to defend the cleric leading them through the cave.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara watches the skeleton rise. She knew it was going to happen, but still finds it creepy. She stares for a few seconds then suddenly looks back, remembering that there are more skeletons behind them.


Omara tenses as she sees the other skeletons rise to their feet.

The skeleton ahead off you is dressed in a finer style of armour of the same unusual pattern as the other others behind you.

ROUND 1

Ulf 18
Chest Skeleton 17
Tavlor 15
Runa 15-
Skeltons at rear 12
Omara 11
Zaladrel 10
Cinder 9


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

DM Wellard, since Zal is in front of me, could I swing around him to get to the skeleton? Or is the cave passage wide enough for me to five-foot to the side and get to him that way? I'm assuming I'm already at the correct distance for the lucerne hammer, since Zal is in the square in front of me.


I'll have a map up tomorrow


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Looked it up to double-check and you can use a reach weapon through an ally's square to reach an enemy. So..here we go!

As the skeleton before him rises, Úlf gives a heaving battlecry, already beginning the wind-up for an overhead smash directed at the skeleton. Careful to avoid hitting Zaladrel with the haft of the weapon, he attempts to plant the blow squarely atop the skeleton's head.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

~_~ Figures. Bleh.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara's action is after the skeletons', but she will most likely use her mace to attempt to destroy the nearest one.

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Yeah depending on how the skeleton takes even Ulf's modest blow will determine my next action. Hopefully it doesn't just laugh at us in some unearthly hollow way...


Eidolon 3

Cinder whips around and roars in unearthly fury at the living-dead coming up from behind; the rune glowing before its head pulses red. It rushes forward, bringing its mace down in a powerful two-handed blow.

Attackig the nearest skeleton coming from behind with both hands.
Heavy mace attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Two-handed damage roll: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa spins to confront the undead rising behind them. She moves up beside Cinder, swinging her heavy mace at the closest monster.

Attack-Melee: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


OK THERE WAS A MISPRINT IN THAT LAST POST OF MINE..MISSED A ZERO..THE SKELETON ON THE CHEST IS 40 FEET AWAY NOT 4.

Fight Map..should clear things up

You may revise your actions accordingly.


AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+9 | Init +2 | CMB +1; CMD 13
Skills:
Bluff + 1, Climb + 3, Diplomacy + 5, Heal + 8, Perception + 10, Ride + 1, Sense Motive + 8, Spellcraft + 10 {12}, Stealth +4, Survival + 8, Swim -1

Good I am not about to get my face eaten, excellent!

Desna bless us and guide us so that we may walk your trails once more!

Zaladrel will cast bless and buff it up!

Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.


Eidolon 3

Holy gods! That's a lot of skeletons coming up behind us. I Thought you meant like three or four. Kill time!


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

"Here they come!" shouts Omara. She will move out into the larger cavern to give her friends room to move, before making her attack.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf bellows an excited battlecry, the sound reverberating throughout the cave as he charges the skeleton in front of him, bringing his hammer to bear in a sidelong smashing blow aimed at the skeleton's center of mass.
Just in case you want me to re-roll the attack, DM Wellard...
Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


please specify the square you are moving to when you announce a move action..

Ulfs blow catches the skeleton squarely and bones splinter under the hammer..surprisingly though the undead creature does not fall.Indeed it strikes back at the young Ulfen with both a claw and it's sword.

Sword Strike1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Claw 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 damage1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Tavlor turns and sends a ray of disrupting force at the nearest Skeleton behind you causing it to fall apart in a jumble of bones..

Ranged touch on S4 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Critical confirm 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Sorry, DM Wellard. Aiming for square 08.15.


Eidolon 3

DM Wellard, my move was aiming for 07.23 if it's not occupied by the time my turn comes around.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

DM Wellard: Change that to square 08.16, since I'm using a reach weapon. Also, the skeleton's sword strike would have hit Úlf as well. His AC is currently 15 due to the charge action.


in that case ulf takes a further1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 damage


As the skeletons have to rise from the floor only S9gets close enough to aim a slash at Omarra which misses.

1d20 ⇒ 10

In return the young rogue smashes it's rib-cage asunder and the undead thing drops like a stone.

Runa and Cinder move to join her and block the tunnel mouth as the power of Desna flows through you.


MAP FOR START OF ROUND 2


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Ahhh...I was waiting for Tavlor to go, and he never did...from now on I will post during the PC's turn....sorry about that!!

1,051 to 1,100 of 2,667 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.