Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Wellards Jade Regent

Game Master Wellard

See Full Description for Relationship Scores


651 to 700 of 2,657 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Female Human (Varisian/Shoanti) Summoner (Synthesist) 3

She grins as she stands and wipes the sweat from her brow.
"Well then... It seems as if we managed to complete what we came here for." She pauses for a moment before adding, "I think we should go back to that boat. I find it odd that Ameiko's never mentioned anything about it. She probably doesn't know it even exists. Also, it's not like it's out of our way, really." She nods in Úlf's direction. "And like Úlf says, it's not like Gutwad's going anywhere."


Male Elven (Mierani Forest) Cleric 2 / Inquisitor 1

Where is the halfling?


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf slaps his forehead, his expression aghast. "Proudstump! I forgot all about him! We should look for him first! Now! We must find him! We would never have succeeded without his aid. Abandoning him would be the highest dishonor!" he answers Zaladrel.


I'll remind you that the ship was almost totally destroyed only a few ribs and the point of the bow with the name remained. There's nothing to be found there

A small figure strolls through the ruined gates..it's Proudstump.

Ulf..Gutwad carries a well made (small) longbow, a spear and a chain shirt.He also has a quiver of 11 arrows, 5 of which are off a very distinctive make..


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

While the others are busy with the goblin chief, Runa and Tofa search around the room, looking for anything of interest.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Perception - Tofa: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Male Elven (Mierani Forest) Cleric 2 / Inquisitor 1

Zaladrel cocks an eyebrow at Proudstump, Auspicious timing. We worried you had come to some ill fate.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf examines the gear he pulled off of Gutwad, frowning as he gets to the arrows. "The longbow seems good...but is too small for any of us. Arrows, though..these five here...they seem..not like others Gutwad had." he relays to the group, holding them out for everyone's inspection.


"Well done everyone! I think we all handled ourselves pretty well for such an adventure." Tavlor smiles at all of the companions. "I agree we should head back to that ship. If we can bring the part with the name back, that at least will save time should Ameiko want to see it. But if we have nothing else to do here, we should make haste back to Sandpoint. This has been a very long day, and I won't lie... I'll sleep well tonight."


Female Human (Varisian/Shoanti) Summoner (Synthesist) 3

"I'm also worried about the "boney longshanks" Bazza was talking about. Why would the undead randomly attack a goblin camp to this extent?" Lissa thinks aloud, looking around at the remains of the Licktoad camp.


Runa prowls around the place with Tofa and their trail leads them through the door in the east wall to the chiefs bedroom which contains naught but a mouldering pile of skins and moss. Beyond that however she discovers what seems to be the tribes treasury.

Not much is here though except a single dirt encrusted chestin one corner.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Returning to the main room, Runa tells the others of her discovery. "I do not know about locks or traps and think this might have one or the other. I will leave it to those of you with such skill, but I will be able to detect if anything found has a magical aura."


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf offers the five arrows he found in Gutwad's quiver to Runa. "What of these, little sister? They are different from normal arrows. Do they have the touch of magic?" he asks.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa concentrates on the arrows, letting her magic trickle over them and seeing if there are any magical emanations.

cast detect magic on the arrows


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Gah! I missed it all!

"Let me know if you find a key,"Omara says to the others. She will then examine the chest. If no key is found, then she will try to open it.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
bleh!
Disable Device on the lock 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


The chest has no lock..there are the remains of some tying ropes that may once have held it closed..it's a sound chest well made and might be worth something in it's own right.

inside you find

9 well made sharpened metal stars (masterwork shuriken,though I doubt any of you would know them as such)

580 sp and 198 gp in loose coins

a long hairpin with a red pearl at one end worth 260 gp,

a gold-and-ivory fan depicting a gecko walking amid cherry blossoms. The fan is worth 140 gp, but a crude map has been painted on the reverse side.

those with a connection to Ameiko know this is the sort of item she loves to recieve as a gift


Male Elven (Mierani Forest) Cleric 2 / Inquisitor 1
DM Wellard wrote:


9 well made sharpened metal stars (masterwork shuriken,though I doubt any of you would know them as such)

You mean miniature throwing star knives? OF course I know what those are!!! :D


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Leaving the arrows with Runa while she identifies them, Úlf gets to his feet, walking outside the hut to make sure everything there was still safe. Seeing Proudstump approach through the main gate, he folds his arms over his chest, staring down at the halfing from the elevated walkway. "Proudstump! Is good timing you have, my friend! Arrive just as all the fighting is over! Still, I am glad you are safe! Were you able to discover anything in your scouting? All you will find here is dead goblins, I am afraid. Well...except for Gutwad. But he is not going to be leaving us. We keep him alive to question about skeletons who attacked goblin village before we get here. Do you know anything about undead in swamp? Many goblins already dead when we get here. I cannot think of what else may be meant when they talk about 'boney longshanks.'"


Runa..the arrows are indeed magical having traces of both Abjuration and Necromany


"Hmm, can I have a look at that fan?" Tavlor takes the fan and examines the drawing on the back. "This looks like a map. Does anyone know what it might be about?"

Any checks that might identify it? Newly acquired Knowledge geography here ;)


Knowledge (Local) will help here.

Spellcraft roll needed from Runa to see if she can ID the arrows.

"boney Longshanks" Proudfoot asks.."Never seen any skeletons in the swamp..not that kind anyway..maybe the goblins pissed them off about something.."

Remember you have 2 other concious prisioners..1 staggered


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

sorry about that...forgot the follow-up

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Female Human (Varisian/Shoanti) Summoner (Synthesist) 3

Right, forgot we still had conscious ones, derp.

Lissa turns to address the still living goblins. "What happened here? What did you all do to the "bony longshanks" to make them come here? Is that where you got the fireworks from? Answer me now or I shall call back my monster and have a snack."

Intimidate on the goblin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Maybe that'll be scary enough to get a strait answer. Circumstance bonus from damn near wiping out their camp, perhaps?


Well goblins are cowards at heart...liver..kidneys..

The words tumble from the goblins lips in a torrent of confused explanation but eventually you manage to get a basic story.

There was a goblin called Scribbleface who was found to be commiting the greatest of goblin sins..he was writing words..everyone knows that goblins regard writing as something that steals their minds.

Scribbleface escaped the chiefs vengance and fled into the Marsh so the chief collected the bravest of the tribe and sent them to bring him back to face his doom.

The goblin 'Heroes' found that Scribbleface had fallen victim to the cannibal sorceress Vorka who laired in the ship you found.They killed her alon with the horse and dogs that she kept as guard beasts and then found the fireworks as well as the chest that is in the treasure room.

Chief Gutwad found the map and sent his trusted Heroes to investigate to see if they could find more of the 'fire sticks' they returned with much treasure and there was great rejoicing.

A day later a small army , in goblin terms, of skeletons attacked the village killed the tribes Heroes and ravaged the place.The chief eventually realised they were after the treasure and threw it back at them but not before he had tried everything including sacrificing his trusted advisor Fat Slorb to the skeletons. Picking up the treasure the undead left having annihilated over half the villages population. You have accounted for about half of what was left.

The tribe had expended almost their entire stock of 'fire sticks' in the fight. What was left is what you encountered during your incursion.

Runa declares the arrows to be enchanted with an 'Animal Bane'

5 +1 Animal Bane arrows

You have effectively ended the goblin threat to Sandpoint. It will be many years before the local tribes offer any real threat again.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf takes in a slow breath as he takes in the goblin's story, looking to the others. "So now we know. Skeletons came to get treasure...must have been very important treasure. I think that we should first make our way back to Rusty Dragon. We can go back to look at wrecked ship if we want. Is maybe possible goblins missed something when they slew sorceress. But we cannot explore skeleton attack with tied up goblin in tow..." he begins, lightly kicking the unconscious body of Gutwad before continuing,

"...and we have no idea where to begin. Is possible Ameiko might know something about ship or what it could have been carrying that was so important. We should also rest and resupply before we look more into undead attack. Between goblin ears, treasure, and Gutwad we have each earned much gold and can better equip ourselves for whatever comes next. This is what I think." he finishes, then turns his attention to Tavlor, looking at the back of the fan that he holds.

"Hmm...it does seem to be a map...but I cannot say for certain what it is map of. We should let others see. Proudstump, too." he comments.


Female Human (Varisian/Shoanti) Summoner (Synthesist) 3

"I agree with Úlf. We should head strait back to Sandpoint. But we need to look deeper into this," Lissa says, pointing to the crude map on the back of the fan. Having had a taste for adventure and not dying is clearly having an effect on her. How can I go back to that now that I've done all this. No, this is me. This is why Cinder came to me. This is what I was meant to do.

"Now that the goblins have woken the dead, where'll they go? I don't want to take the chance and hope that they'll just go back to being dead."


"If it came from the ship, perhaps Ameiko will know something of it? We should take it to show her."


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

"I agree. Let us pack up this stuff and head back to town. I'd like to get there before nightfall." She looks at the tied up goblin guards "We do not need these two. It will be harder to keep control of three prisoners than just one. They are basically harmless now. We should just let them go and take Gutwad with us."


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa delves deeper into the magics surrounding the arrows and discovers their true abilities. She returnes them to Ulf and tells him of their powers.
She nods in agreement with the others about going back to town. She also indicates an interest in the hairpin, if no one else has a preference.


Are you taking the chest..it isn't particularly heavy..

Proudstump promises to take a closer look at the ship and tell you if he finds anything..he directs you to the old fishing trail that leads back to the road from the camp..it should cut an hour off your travel time back to town


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Is it possible for Runa to use the spell mending to clean up and fix the chest? If it is, then she will do that. It will make moving the treasure and such easier, I think


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Putting everything they have found back in the chest, Úlf puts his axe back in its harness and the animal bane arrows in his backpack, imagining they will make a fine gift for Shalelu, then hefts the chest up onto one shoulder. "Is not heavy. I can carry back to Sandpoint..may get some money from it too, eh? Someone else will have to carry Gutwad back, though. Any volunteers for that job? I can carry him and someone else carry chest, if that is preferred."


Female Human (Varisian/Shoanti) Summoner (Synthesist) 3

Lissa grins a pleasant smile at the large man. "I'd volunteer, but I'm not much for heavy lifting," she giggles flexing her right arm. "Not unless I call Cinder back."


Before Ulf can throw it in the pile, Tavlor grabs the fan. "I'll hold on to this for Ameiko, Ulf, if you don't mind? I wouldn't want it to be damaged on the way."


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf quirks a knowing grin toward Tavlor as he quickly grabs the fan before letting him toss it into the chest with the other treasures. "Of course, Tavlor! Is no problem. I understand. We are still needing someone to carry Gutwad back to Sandpoint if I am taking chest. I could carry both, but to do this would likely slow me down."


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa looks over to the hulking Northman and says, "Nå kan ikke starte skryte. Du har brakt mye ære til klanen din, ikke anløpe det med skryt."

Ulf:
Now lets not start bragging. You have brought much honour to your clan, do not tarnish it by boasting.


Male Elf Ranger (Guide) 2

Namuril nods to the Ulfen with a small smile. "I will volunteer to carry the chieftan, Ulf. If he proves to be too heavy, perhaps Zaladrel can assist me."

How heavy is this guy?


Female Human (Varisian/Shoanti) Summoner (Synthesist) 3

He's a goblin, he can't be that heavy. But 8 Str here, though.


Male Elf Ranger (Guide) 2

For some reason, I'm picturing Chief Gutwad as monstrously obese. I should be able to handle it with a 16 Strength. ;)


Male Elven (Mierani Forest) Cleric 2 / Inquisitor 1

WAY TO GO Namuril! You COULD have said "Hey the ELVES can carry the treasure, but NO you set us up for goblin hefting duties. Thanks! :-p

Of course brother, if he is awkward I will glad assist you to carry the chief.


Male Elf Ranger (Guide) 2

Namuril nods at Zaladrel. "Thank you, brother. Your assistance might well prove essential, if this one is too heavy."

:P


Gutwad isn't hugely obese but he does have a large pot belly which is unusual in goblins.

I'm going to fast forward this as nothing is going to happen on the way back to Sandpoint.

You make your way back along the old trail and up the escarpment to the caost road..from there it's an easy 2 hour walk back to the town which you reach just as the sun starts to dip towards the horizon.The late autumn shadows play across the walls of the town and the watchmen on duty at the gate give a cheer as you walk in with your captive.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Before we head back, or on our return, Runa will continue to search for the items she was asked to find, if that is ok?

Knowledge-Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Not sure how many rolls she should make.


That is a good enough roll to find everything you need


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Great...more leeches for Hannah


What time of day is it?

Tavlor waves back at the guards as they approach. "Does anyone know where the sheriff is? Or Ameiko?" He turns to the rest of the group. "We should stick together, but I do want to get to the Rusty Dragon as soon as we can to tell Ameiko what we found."


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

"Let's drop off the prisoner,first," says Omara indicating Gutwad with her thumb. "I also need to get out of this armor. It wasn't made for me and it is starting to get uncomfortable."


Zaladrel nods as Omara speaks. I agree, let us secure the goblin in a cell and then we can go to the tavern unimpeded...I suppose only a few of us need to drop off the goblin if the others wish to visit the Rusty Dragon.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 2; HP 28/28; AC 18/12/16; F+5/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf nods toward Zaladrel. "I will go to Sheriff Hemlock. I have many goblin ears to turn in with Gutwad. Is perhaps good idea for someone to take other treasure to sell? We can all meet in Rusty Dragon after to split the reward money and tell Ameiko what we found in swamp."


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

"I will go with Ulf. We will meet the rest of you at the Rusty Dragon."


"Friends, I will pay for this fan out of my share of our spoils. I leave the details to you all. I will try to find Ameiko and determine what help our information might be to her. I look forward to meeting you all at the Dragon to celebrate our first adventure together. I hope there will be more." He smiles cheerfully at his new friends, and heads to the tavern with anyone that is coming that way.

651 to 700 of 2,657 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.