Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Wellards Jade Regent

Game Master Wellard

See Full Description for Relationship Scores


551 to 600 of 2,595 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 1; HP 15/15; AC 18/12/16; F+4/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Once he has taken a few seconds to be certain the fire poses no immediate danger, Úlf will finish his task as quickly as he can, hurriedly packing up the ears of the slain goblins to bring back to Sheriff Hemlock before walking swiftly back to the last place he saw his companions once he is done. He emerges from the hut, streaks of blood from both the goblins and himself coloring his armor here and there and smiles broadly at everyone when he exits the hut.

"Is good to see everyone is more or less unharmed! What did I miss?" he asks, then notices the one goblin still alive, surrendered under Namuril's blade. "We have prisoner! That is very good. I am sorry for not saving one for you myself, Zaladrel. Too many goblins! I counted eight of them that came to where Omara and I were. Was trying to keep them from reaching everyone else. I am glad you could capture one here. Have you learned anything from her yet?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Tavlor keeps a wary eye on the smoke rising from the building he had just vacated, but responds to Ulf with surprise, "You got eight? That is quite impressive. I'm afraid my magic is not quite refined or powerful enough to manage that level of destruction. I'm left with more destructive chaos apparently." He indicates the building with the smoke billowing out. "I'm afraid you'll only find two charred goblins if the fire dies out, but at least I am unhurt. You?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Ranger (Guide) 2

Namuril stares down at the surrendered goblin, the tip of his curve blade at her throat. In an even voice, he speaks to her in Taldane. "Do you understand Common-Speech, goblin? If so, nod your head. If you cooperate with us, you may yet still live. How many more of you are in this camp? Speak quickly; I'll not give you time to build a lie in your mind."

Intimidate: 1d20 ⇒ 3

He then quickly glances at his companions. "Does anybody else want to interrogate our prisoner?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 1; HP 15/15; AC 18/12/16; F+4/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf shakes his head in reply to Tavlor. "No, I did not get eight. I got six. Omara got the others. he answers, gesturing to her, before walking over to Tavlor and giving him a reassuring pat on the back. "I am glad you are unharmed, Tavlor! I hoped that you all would be well, especially since I heard sounds of combat out here. The goblins did cut me a few times, but it is nothing serious."

Looking to the building Tavlor indicated, he laughed. "From the look of it, if there had been twenty goblins in that room, you would have gotten twenty of them, yes? You felled the foes who were before you, so were no less effective than I."


Tavlor puts a hand on Ulf's arm and looks at his wounds. Almost without thinking, his white fire jumps from his hand and travels to attend to some of Ulf's wounds.

One use of Heavenly fire: 1d4 ⇒ 4 hp healed.

Tavlor's hand jerks back, but he notices some of the wounds closing. "Wow, um well, I hope that helps some." He grins at the big man.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa sees Ulf exit the far room and stand talking to the other members of the group. She calls back to him.
"Brother you did well in combat. Those scars will turn the shieldmaidens's hearts to melted ice. But come here, I have found the hole in which those goblin rats emerged. Perhaps there are more."
As he gets closer, she asks,"How do you feel? Are you in need of healing?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 1; HP 15/15; AC 18/12/16; F+4/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Current HP = 11

Hearing Runa call to him, he looks to her, smiling at the compliment. At her beckoning, he jogs over to the end of the walkway, looking in the direction that she indicates and seeing the door of the hut standing open. He grunts, eyes focused on the door, at her question."I have some small injuries yet, but it is nothing that I cannot handle. It is perhaps wiser to save your magic for any battles yet to come. We have not yet seen the goblin chieftain and it is certain he will be a better combatant than any of his tribe. I will go to check this building." he answers, walking to the side of the building, near to the door, and listening for any sounds of movement or life within.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10


Male Elven (Mierani Forest) Cleric 2 / Inquisitor 1

Zaladrel looks on as Namuril attempts to cow the goblin at his feet. Watching the party come back together and noting the smoke Zaladrel tugs on one of his ears absently,Desna's blessing are ready to aid healing if we need it. I can heal many of us at once so remember to form on when the time comes...What do you think Namuril will she help at all?

Zaladrel is basically waiting to see if the goblin responds


You didn't need the intimidate..

The goblin sags and nods.."Bazza tell pointy ear longshanks the truth. Are many, many goblin folk still here.It not matter all be dead soon." It looks around fearfully but you get the distinct impresssion it fears something more than just yourselves

Please note that most of you know that goblin counting goes "1, 2, many, lots"


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara looks around at other buildings to see if there are any signs of more goblins.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

"Ask her why they are so scared. What happened here?"


Male Elf Ranger (Guide) 2

Namuril continues to keep his blade steady, but softens his glare as he considers the goblin's response. "What do you mean by 'all dead soon', Bazza? What is here besides goblins?"


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa moves up behind the northman, her crossbow at the ready, and Tofa sniffing the air to give warning.


"Boney longshanks come kill heroes of tribe, kill many many goblins,kill Fat Slorb..Oh was funny seeing Fat Slorb run and plead for life but boney longshanks kill him anyway.Then chief throw treasures heroes bring home at boney longshanks and they go away..but when they come back what chief going to throw them this time?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 1; HP 15/15; AC 18/12/16; F+4/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

DM Wellard, does Úlf hear anything inside the hut that the goblins all rushed out of? Or Tofa smell anything?


Male Elf Ranger (Guide) 2

Namuril listens to Bazza's description, a look of incomprehension painting his features. "Can you describe these 'bony longshanks' a bit, Bazza? What did they look like? Where are they now?"


Male Elven (Mierani Forest) Cleric 2 / Inquisitor 1

Coming up next to Namuril, Zaladrel whispers into his ear. I wonder if we could get this one to take us to the chief, they are usually the smartest and perhaps he will know best who they were attacked by? I see no point in putting the goblins to the sword if they have been harried to this point, unless we think they are still a real threat?


Male Elf Ranger (Guide) 2

Namuril nods at Zaladrel's suggestion. "You speak truth, Zaladrel."

He lowers the blade a bit from the goblin's throat and offers her what he hopes is a convincing smile. "Does your leader yet live, Bazza? I would let you live if you promise to leave me and my friends unharmed, and if you bring us to your chieftan. Does that sound agreeable, little one?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Tavlor whispers to Ulf, "Would we really let it go? I don't trust a goblin, even a defeated one."


I'll remind you that you are charged with bringing in the chiefs head..off course they didn't say it had to be detatched from his body.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 1; HP 15/15; AC 18/12/16; F+4/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Tavlor, Úlf and Runa are presently separated from the rest of the group investigating the hut that the goblin horde first emerged from and so are not part of the interrogation.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

"Just ... let her go," says Omara without looking at any of her companions. "If we see her again, we will kill her."


Male Elven (Mierani Forest) Cleric 2 / Inquisitor 1

Upon hearing Omara's statement, Zaladrel looks to Namuril to see his reaction.


The larger building contains a wall full of cages all smashed open and with lots of bloodstains..something went after the goblins young here.


Male Elf Ranger (Guide) 2

Namuril glances up at Omara. "I suppose that is one way to ensure compliance."

He turns his attention back to Bazza. "See? If you help us find your chieftan and then leave us alone, my frightening friend won't come after you with her sharp-and-pointies. What say you? She's an impatient one, she is, and is very eager to hear your response."


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 1; HP 15/15; AC 18/12/16; F+4/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf snorts as he looks at the carnage in the room, blood all over the floor. "I am not sure even goblins deserved this..." he says aloud, mainly talking to himself, but within earshot of Runa. Looking behind him to Runa, then to the others, he returns to them, gesturing to the building all the goblins came from. "Is bad in there. Whatever got to the goblins, it got to the young, as well." he tells the group, then looks down at Bazza for a moment before lowering his voice. "I am not one to desire slaughter of those who have surrendered, but we must remember what we come here for. The mission Sheriff Hemlock gave us and that we all agreed upon. Is good for us to see goblin chief. We need to learn what happened here. Sandpoint may be in greater danger than from goblins. But we cannot return to Hemlock without, at very least, taking chief prisoner and bringing him back with us."


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa give a grim nod to Ulf as she eyes the room. She and Tofa make a quick search in the hopes of perhaps finding a clue as to what attack the goblins.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Perception-Tofa: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Are there any other exits from this room?


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 1; HP 15/15; AC 18/12/16; F+4/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf will wait to see what the main body of the group's reply to him is, if they have any, before returning to Runa and helping her search the room, hoping to discern what exactly happened at the goblin village. "Namuril is trying to get Bazza to take us to goblin chief. I think some hope to capture Gutwad instead of killing him. I am not sure if chieftain will come without fight. His tribe is almost all dead. Smart thing to do is give up...but is no knowing if he will be smart." he says to her as he looks around the room, looking at the cages in particular.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 12


Male Elven (Mierani Forest) Cleric 2 / Inquisitor 1

Zaladrel leans in to hear Ulf's words. Nodding as the warrior reminds him about the Chieftan, the elves whiteless eyes look to Namuril, Lissa, Omara and the goblin. After Ulf is finished Zaladrel stands up taller and nods to Ulf. As you say friend Ulf, you will find we are of the same mind on the matter.

A look of concern crosses Zaladrel's face for a moment and he leans in to Ulf. Return to Runa and Tavlor but avoid conflict if possible, I believe young Omara has never met violence like this before. She has not had a life of conflict and so I think she is adjusting to the sorrow of taking life. Those of us who can carry such a burden might help make her trouble light in this time of new worries.

Clapping Ulf on the shoulder. We will let you know what the goblin says, be careful as you poke about.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa listens to the elf and Ulf talk about the goblin. She looks to ulf to see his reaction to this talk. Soft southerners. They need to learn the mercy of the snow and ice. She continue to look over the room with Ulf.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

DM Wellard:
Omara's sullenness comes from the fact that she is currently ashamed of herself. In her mind, she attacked an unarmed, helpless opponent for sake of convenience. Compound this with the fact that she gave that opponent the opportunity to surrender, then took it away before he even had the chance to respond. That is not how she thinks someone worthy of story and song (or Ameiko's praise) should behave. The current situation with Namuril and Bazza is, in her mind, putting her own failure into sharp relief.

I'll let the others have their characters think what they may, as it looks like it might be good for character interaction, but I thought you should know what's going on in Omara's head.

And that goblin could haunt her dreams for a while.


I realize not much time has gone by, but just wondering on the state of the fire... as we're all outside at the moment, is it just smoke, or is that building on fire... seems like we should have a bit more urgency of the situation :)

Tavlor looks towards the building he accidentally set on fire, "Should we do something about the fire? Does she say if there are more goblins around or not?"


The junk burns merrily..but the walls are stone and the thatch is very damp here in the marsh so just now theres lots of smoke mainly confined to the junk room and those other rooms that are connected to it.
If I get time I'll mark the smoke on the map.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 1; HP 15/15; AC 18/12/16; F+4/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf huffs out a breath of air as he stands up from his search of the room, turning his head to look at Runa. "I do not think there is anything here worth finding, sister. Shall we go look elsewhere? There are many buildings left unsearched." he asks.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

DM:

I am still wondering if there was another exit out of this room. On your map it looks like there is one, but I just want to make sure.


Male Elven (Mierani Forest) Cleric 2 / Inquisitor 1

We are waiting for this goblin to respons to our request for leading us to the Cheiftan yes?


There is another exit in the long house it leads out in the south east and heads eastwards.

Bazza nods eagerly.."Yes ,Yes Bazza take you to chief...Too many goblins die..tribe not survive this Bazza think..Maybe chief want make peace now yes?"


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa heads towards the door with Tofa. She listens at the door, while Tofa sniffs around it.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Tofa's Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Male Elf Ranger (Guide) 2

Very good, Bazza. Lead the way." Namuril lowers his blade from the goblins neck and sheathes it. He then looks askance at his party-mates. "Are we ready?"


"Yes, let us finish this so we may return home."


Male Elven (Mierani Forest) Cleric 2 / Inquisitor 1

Zaladrel nods. Let us see where this leads.

Hopefully we can avoid another conflict but I suspect this is just the start of something darker. The chief will not be easy to deal with.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Eidolon 3

Cinder rumbles along quietly following its companions. It had not really cared whether or not they spared the tiny creature or let it live. If it had been Cinder, it probably would have just killed it for the sheer audacity to attack them and be done with it. But like much about the alien creature, its methods and motives were difficult for others to comprehend.

Sometimes even I don't understand you, Cinder, a slight voice in its head muses. Dark smoke wafts from the faults in its hide as it sheaths its sword and follows along after the group in silence.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 1; HP 15/15; AC 18/12/16; F+4/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf exits the long building he and Runa are in to again check on the interrogation of the prisoner. Seeing the others sheathing their weapons and getting ready to move out, he pokes his head back into the blood-covered hut. "Runa. Goblin prisoner is taking others somewhere...to chieftain, I assume. Is best we not get left behind." he says to her, waiting for her to join him before catching up with the others.


Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Witch/3

Runa sighs then turns and scoots Tofa out the door before her and Ulf. "Do you know why we burden ourselves with this vermin?" she asks Ulf as they walk to rejoin the group.


Female Human - Taldan/Garundi Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3

Omara will quietly follow the group. She will keep an eye out for any goblins or other things trying to sneak up on the group from behind.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 1; HP 15/15; AC 18/12/16; F+4/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf glances down to Runa, thinking on her question for a moment before responding. "Jeg kan ikke si for sikkert, søster. Er sant at, ved å fange Goblin og overbevise henne til å ta oss til høvdingen sin, har vi spart oss mye søk i landsbyen for å finne ham selv. Når jeg hadde kommet fra den lille hytta etter slaget, hadde de fanget henne allerede. Det er ikke en dårlig strategi ... en svakere fiende, når fanget, vil ofte avsløre nødvendig informasjon for å redde sitt eget skinn. Hvis dette Bazza hjelper oss å finne Chief Gutwad raskere, desto bedre. Vi kan ta hodet tilbake til Sheriff Hemlock så mye raskere. Jeg bryr meg ikke om det fremdeles er festet til skuldrene når vi gjør." he answers, speeding his walk slightly to catch up with the bulk of the party.

Runa:
"I cannot say for certain, sister. Is true that, by capturing the goblin and convincing her to take us to their chieftain, we have saved ourselves much searching of the village to find him ourselves. Once I had emerged from the small hut after the battle, they had captured her already. It is not a bad strategy...a weaker enemy, when captured, will often reveal needed information to save their own hide. If this Bazza helps us find Chief Gutwad faster, all the better. We can take his head back to Sheriff Hemlock that much sooner. I care not if it is still attached to his shoulders when we do."


Runa moves to join the others but finds that it is more a case of them joining her as the Bazza leads you through the longhouse and out to the east.The next small hut is empty.

You approach the cluster of huts nestled in the south east corner of the village.


Male Elven (Mierani Forest) Cleric 2 / Inquisitor 1

Zaladrel shoulders his bow conscious of both the signal it sends and the danger it puts him in. No way to prove peace like taking on stupid risks... Noting that the party has reformed Zaladrel nods and walks with group to the last batch of huts.


Bazza stops outside the double doors .

"HEY CHIEF!!!!" she shouts "Longshanks here have killed all but Bazza..they say you come out now they not kill you and other goblins..you want tribe to survive Bazza think you should do what Longshanks want"


Male Elf Ranger (Guide) 2

Namuril leans to Zaladrel, unshouldering his bow as he eyes the hut's entrance. "We've secured Bazza's help, but be ready. I'll not break my word if the little one complies, but I'll also not be caught unaware by goblin trickery."


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 1; HP 15/15; AC 18/12/16; F+4/R+2/W+0; Init +8; Per +1

Úlf reaches to his back, removing his greataxe from it's carry harness and bringing it to his front, firming his stance and holding the axe in a manner suggesting that, while he may not be the aggressor in any ensuing battle, he was certainly willing to return it in kind.

551 to 600 of 2,595 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.