Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre

Game Master Wellard


1,301 to 1,350 of 2,624 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

He's like Fonzy. With a sword. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon considers the possiblity of hauling animals up the ladder and suggests that a more efficient division of labor would be for him to go check out that door while Esteriande employs her more significant leadership ability to rally the troops.

Door drill. Listen, trap check, tap removal if needed.

Perception 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Listen Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Disable device 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19


No Traps...no sounds of movement beyond the door. It's not locked either.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

OK, so then the second story is only accessible from the roof and not within the keep; or at least as we have found.

While waiting below, in the keep, Muchorak and Ursus stay near Wolfspirit as she begins to explore rooms...


You have not yet found the way up inside the keep.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP69/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande returns to the tower.

"Come up, quickly, we 'ave found ze way into ze upper keep!" she urges in a whisper.


He's like Fonzy. With a sword. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4
DM Wellard wrote:
No Traps...no sounds of movement beyond the door. It's not locked either.

Aces! I'm in.

Romon opens the door and peeks inside.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Just cuious, why are we still exploring the keep and not killing the ogres?

At Esteriandie's urging Ali flows to Gnome and helps get a decidedly unhappy Lunas up the ladder. To his growls of protest she replies "I know den brother Lunas, is no dignity way for four legs to travel. Keep your mind on tearing flesh of wolf-killers which is soon to come. Yes yes!" afterwhich she quickly climbs up herself.

When prompted, they stealthily follow the others into the door.
Ali stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Lunas stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Male Human Binder 10 |Init +7 |HP 82 82 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"I'm right behind you" Inikai says to the others, mindful of the fact that they cannot see him.

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak follows without comment, both intrigued and somewhat spooked by the ladder creaking under the weight of invisible folk before his eyes.


Romon opens the door to discover himself looking down a 10' wide corridor that bends to the left some.A set of double door faces him some 40 feet away and a smaller door is on the right side of the passageway close to the double doors.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP69/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Because if we kill their leaders first, they will be easier to kill, disorganise and drive out of the keep.

Esteriande quickly and quietly urges the group to the postern door where Romomn awaits them.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Once all are gathered Muchorak will take his normal place near the door, blades at the ready...


Male Human Binder 10 |Init +7 |HP 82 82 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"Keep a path for a line of fire, if you can." Inikai's voice is issues forth from the seemingly empty air.


He's like Fonzy. With a sword. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon glides down the hall to the single door and gives it a quick listen.

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Then he turns his attention to the double doors, listening, and checking for traps.

Perception, Listen 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Perception, Traps 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
Disable Device 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

If all is quiet, he'll open the door sword in hand. Usual drill -- if the door pushes go in and to the side. If the door pulls, step back and use it as a shield.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Ali still in Gnome form and Lunas follow the others.


Romon

Spoiler:
You hear at least two Ogres in the room.The door is not trapped or locked.


He's like Fonzy. With a sword. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon motions the big hitters near. He whispers, " A pair, maybe more, voices inside. How do you want to play it?


Male Human Binder 10 |Init +7 |HP 82 82 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai whispers back"Men or women talking?"


He's like Fonzy. With a sword. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

"They're effing ogres. They all sound like a grist mill."


Male Human Binder 10 |Init +7 |HP 82 82 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"I can try to make one attack another. That should set the two of them fighting while the rest of you turn the place into a butcher shop. If they are standing all in one line I will burn them instead. Then cold steel..."


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP69/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Let us do what must be done."


He's like Fonzy. With a sword. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon nods and glances around to make sure everyone is ready.

Then, he'll open the door dagger in hand. Usual drill -- if the door pushes go in and to the side. If the door pulls, step back and use it as a shield.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Smelling the never-having-bathed-in-their-lives Ogre stink, Ali and Lunas begin to growl softly. Ali flows to DireWolf form and the pair of them prepare themselves for a running charge. Understanding though that Icky has something in mind, they look to him to try his tricks first.

So basically, after Inikai gets his surprise attack, the wolves are readying to charge the next target they see


The door does indeed open inwards.Double doors, is Romon going to the left or the right I am assuming Muchorak would open the other one.

It's a large room obviously once a council chamber of some sort..the chairs and large ornate table lie in pieces on the floor.Three ogres are clustered together under three human corpses bleeding them into buckets.They turn as the doors slam open.

Surprise round..post your actions please

Esteriande 25
Ali 20
Inakai 19+
Naria 19
Romon 18
Muchorak 11
Marak 9


Male Human Binder 10 |Init +7 |HP 82 82 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai reaches out to the mind of the middle ogre and compels him to attack the fellow ogre on his left. It is only after this effort that he takes in the horror of the scene in front of him.


He's like Fonzy. With a sword. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4
DM Wellard wrote:
The door does indeed open inwards.Double doors, is Romon going to the left or the right I am assuming Muchorak would open the other one.... the doors slam open....

As he moves to the left, Romon rolls his eyes. Ham-fisted barbarians! Can't we do anything quietly?

As he moves forward he slides his mace from its loop.

Move as far left and forward as possible, but stay out of their reach. Looking to flank in the real round 1.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak will move into melee with one of the Ogres; being that round one he can full attack since his blades were already drawn.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria once it is her turn will haste the group. Trying not to look at any of the bodies lying around.

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak uses the pearl gifted to him in Magnimar to recall a previously cast spell, and renews his spiritual link to Muchorak.

shield other on Muchorak. +1 deflection bonus to AC, +1 resistance bonus to saves, half of all damage he takes Marak takes instead.


Inikai..what is the DC of the save again


Male Human Binder 10 |Init +7 |HP 82 82 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
DM Wellard wrote:
Inikai..what is the DC of the save again

It's 18. Sorry about not noting it earlier.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

DireAliWolf and Lunas rushj into flanking positions on on of the wolf-killers not affected by Icky's spell.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP69/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande races to engage an ogre on the opposite side to Muchorak.

Partial charge attack, AC to 23, +2 attack, Power Attack -3/+9, Str at 18.

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26 Damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24

Esteriande flashes into sight as her blade strikes.


Will save1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

The incantation seems to have no effect.

Esteriande strikes an ogre and it reels with a greivous wound

The rest off you move into position.Ali flanks for Muchorak Lunas for Esteriande.

ROUND 1
Esteriande 25
Ali 20
Inakai 19+
Naria 19
Romon 18
Muchorak 11
Marak 9
Ogres 5

Party hasted

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak picks the ogre not already engaged with either Esteriande & Lunas or Muchorak & Ali and sends his morningstar hurtling to the attack on arcane winds.

hand of the acolyte powered morningstar attack 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
B/P damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

critical confirmation 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
extra damage if applicable 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Trying to conserve whats left of her big bang spells Naria switches to a simple magic missile blasting the most injured looking of the Ogres.

Magic missile

4d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 1) + 4 = 13


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP69/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande presses her attack with cold ferocity. AC to 25, flanking, Power Attack, Str at 18.

Attack #1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 Damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27

Attack #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 Damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

Threat confirm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 Damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21


He's like Fonzy. With a sword. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon circles the ogres to get behind them and rips into the the backside of an ogre.

Acrobatics, if needed 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

Not sure if any room is left for Romon to flank. Maybe with Ursus? Or maybe they're big enough three can still flank.

+1 Light mace, 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 +2 more if flanking... damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5+ 4d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 6, 1) = 12 if flanking

Haste attack(+1 Returning Dagger) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 +2 more if flanking... damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 + 4d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 4) = 12 if flanking


Esteriande forgot her hasted attack. Romon gets no extra attack because he wasnt making a full attack this round.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP69/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Sorry! In that case also forgot +1 AC and +1 attack bonus for haste.

Attack #Hasted: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 Damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19

Threat Confirm: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29 Damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22


Waiting for Muchorak, Ali and Inikai..at this rate the fight could be over in one round

Esteriandes first blow drops her original target her remaining strikes slice into the much larger Ogre beside it.


Male Human Binder 10 |Init +7 |HP 82 82 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai presses forward with a fury against the ogre Romon struck.

Attack 1
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Attack 2
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Hasted Attack
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Damage for first attack
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Damage for Hasted attack
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Critical Confirmation for first attack
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Additional damage for Inikai's first critical in four years of play
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

The ranger, eager for ogre blood, attacks full force with his blades...

Muchorak
HP 87
AC 21 (w/Shield Other)
Fort +12 (w/Shield Other)
Ref +12 (w/Shield Other)
Will +6 (w/Shield Other)

Two Weapon Fighting (Hasted/Flanking)
+1 Adamantite Longsword 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26 hit; 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 dmg (19-20)
+1 Keen Shortsword 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28 hit; 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 dmg (17-20)
+1 Adamantite Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 hit; 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 dmg (19-20)
+1 Keen Shortsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 hit; 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 dmg (17-20)
+1 Adamantite Longsword 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 hit; 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 dmg (19-20)


Right just waiting for the wolves now..


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Sorry! Both my laptop's are down. If you need to DMPC my PC, please do so.

Snarling their fury, both wolves tear into their hated prey.

With power attack
Ali Bite vs Redhead: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 33 Damage: 1d6 + 11 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 + 4 = 20
Ali Claw vs Redhead: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 26 Damage: 1d4 + 6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 4 = 14
Ali Claw vs Redhead: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 27 Damage: 1d4 + 6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 4 = 15
Hasted Bite vs Redhead: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 15 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 23 Damage: 1d6 + 11 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 2 + 4 = 21

Lunas attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 16 Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Plus Trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Haste Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 13 Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Plus Trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Round 1 Initiative 20
AC 25 HP 69/69 +4vs AoOs
Buffs: Barkskin, Haste
Special: Big Game Hunter
Spells left: 5/5 1st, 2/5 2nd, 2/3 3rd

Lunas
AC 23 HP 49/49 +4vs AoOs
Buffs: Barkskin, Greater Magic Fang, Haste
Special:


Ok lets put that into order.

Esteriande lays the first ogre low with 26 damage

Then she inflicts 88 damage to the bigger one..Ali then kills it outright.

Lunas does 7 damage on the 3rd ogre Then Inikai hits it for 3

Sorry Inky but a dice score of 11 is not a critical

Naria's Magic Missles thud into it for 13 and finally Romon cuts it down with his light mace.

Muchorak is left looking a bit annoyed as his foes melt away.


This party can now put out over 300 damage/round when hasted..that's enough to make your DM whimper.


He's like Fonzy. With a sword. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon drives his mace into the fallen ogre's head just to make sure it stays down. Then he looks quickly around the room.

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Appraise 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

How are these guys kitted out and what's in the room and of course doors?


Male Human Binder 10 |Init +7 |HP 82 82 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
DM Wellard wrote:

Ok lets put that into order.

Esteriande lays the first ogre low with 26 damage

Then she inflicts 88 damage to the bigger one..Ali then kills it outright.

Lunas does 7 damage on the 3rd ogre Then Inikai hits it for 3

Sorry Inky but a dice score of 11 is not a critical

Check again. I got a 26 on the crit confirmation roll. I must say that the boards are a bit weird at times; depending on where you put a roll between other rolls it changes the results of the subsequent ones.

Even if there was no critical Inikai still contributed 1% of the damage inflicted.

"This is pointless cruelty" Inikai says while gesturing about the room. "Even in my mother's accounts of them, ogres were not so depraved."


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria not wanting to see any of the bodies tries to find something out of sight of them to focus on "No offence but I think your mothers accounts may have been toned down from reality somewhat."

1,301 to 1,350 of 2,624 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.