Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre

Game Master Wellard


1,201 to 1,250 of 2,785 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Romon...

The doors are as follows..

West Side: a single door to the north of your position and two double doors to the south. Beyond the second double door the passage appears to turn west.

East Side: 4 single doors evenly spaced the first immediately opposite you

North End: a single wooden door.

South End: a double door close to the corner of the pasageway.

In what order are you doing the perception checks? The full check will take 20 rounds.

Ali and Muchorak will rejoin you about two rounds into Romons scouting.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon looks left and right and stands still listening before moving smoothly into the corridor and turning south. Sliding along the wall he hefts the tanglefoot bag in his right hand. Remembering Clem, he glances back toward the top of the stairs and draws his second best dagger with his left hand.

One check where he enters the hall. No checks specifically for any doors to the north unless that first check detects something. Then a quick listen at each door as he reaches it moving south. And always an ear open for the tide of ogres he expects to rush down the corridor at any time.

How's the light here? If he doesn't need the ioun torch he wants to stow it.


You will need a torch as the ones in the corridor have been extinguished.

Moving from door to door Romon frowns as he hears no sounds of occupation..presumably all the ogres are still in the courtyard. At the southern end the corridor does turn to the west with daylight filtering in through the open doors and the sounds of bellowing ogres coming from outside.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon skips gleefully, (but stealthily) back to the party to report his findings.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"All right," Esteriande muses. "We need to get to ze gate as swiftly as possible and shut it. Once it is barred we can deal wiz ze rest of ze keep. Zose of us zat can move quietly, should get as close as we can, then seal it swiftly, non? Any ozzer ideas?"


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"No. Let's go."


Any dissenting voices?


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon nods. "They won't know what hit them."


Romon turns back towards the door accompanied by Muchorak.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

"I could make the less stealthy of us Invisable for a short while?" Naria suggests


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Zat is a good idea," Esteriande nods. "We use stealth to get as close as we can, ze grab ze doors and close zem. If need be I will 'old off any ogres zat see us, oui?"

Esteriande follows Romon...

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria casts invisability on herself and anyone else who asks for it

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak follows silently, not wishing to slow the group's actions with discussion at this critical moment.


So I take it no-one is asking for invisibility then?


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"Yes, Naria, I would be grateful for your magic." Truthfully, Inikai simply wants to experience it and gives in to temptation.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"I will take it," Esteriande whispers.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria casts the spell on herself and the other two.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

DireAliWolf and Lunas follow the others

We haven't actually seen any Ogres yet, right?


Correct you hear them before you see them....the shouts of about 3 score ogres.

Muchorak stealth1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Romon Stealth1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20

Reaching the heavy main doors to the keep you discover that they have been heavily damaged....it appears some repairs have been attempted but the most that can be done is to push them closed..the locks are damaged beyond repair and the door bar is splintered in two.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande sizes up the damage soberly. Would it be possible to spike the doors shut, or otherwise improvise something with the various chains and manacles she has? Look under her Equipment, Mundane spoiler. Thinking that if the bar was held by iron sprockets as is normal, and they are intact, a chain wound around them would work reasonably well, or a steel bar wedged behind the splintered bar would reinforce it...

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

How wide are the main doors? Perhaps the ogres large size will work against them, if only two abreast can pass through the entrance...


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

As Ali looks at the door s and considers what she understands of his friends needs concerning blocking the doors, she wonders if her ability to call the plants and make them grow big and strong and aggressive might help to block the space. Flowing quickly to Gnome, out loud she asks Ali make plants block door? Yes, yes?"

She's talking about the everfun Entangle spell of course, she could also cast Lightning Sand all around the door/outside the plant area as well.


The doors are 15' wide.

Entangle or Lightning Sand would last 8 minutes.

It might be possible to reinforce the doors certainly but you would need heavy chain capable of withstanding the assault of multiple ogres.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon smiles at the idea of invisibility, but declines. It's shady enough in here no ogre's going to spot me if I don't want them too.

"I'll check some of these rooms. The rangers must have kept some useful stuff around."

Try the southernmost door.

Perception (listen) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Perception (Traps)1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Disabale Device 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27


Just to save time..it is fairly obvious that none off the doors are locked..many off them are damaged in fact

The lathes, sawhorses, and other tools in this workroom lie in scattered, shattered ruin on the floor. The walls are smeared with gore, in some places forming messy graffiti.

There is a headless body lying discarded in a corner.

If You Speak Giant

Spoiler:

The graffiti, written in Giant, includes such phrases as: “Me Big-a-Big, You-Small-a-Small, I Eat Your Head!”and “You Never Think Me Write All Over with You Bloody Neck, I’m Holding You by Mig-a-Mug and Use You as Paint Brush! Har!”


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"We 'ave no time to search every room," Esteriande mutters. "We 'ave a choice: seek out ze 'ead of ze snake, or destroy ze body out zere," she gestures to the courtyard. "I vote for ze 'ead. My friends?"


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"The writing is just drivel." If anyone asks, Inikai will translate the graffiti.

To Esteriende he replies: "I agree. The ogres will likely fall into disarray without their leaders."


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Being much more of a follower than a tactician, Ali waits for her Pack leaders to make up their minds. Occasionally soft growls of impatience escape her lips.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon balances his second best dagger on an extended ring finger. "Which snake's head are we seeking? Red's? Or her bosses?"


2 DC 16 strength checks will be required to close the doors btw.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Ze ogre leader. 'E is ze one zat will demoralize ze rest, even if 'e is ze Lamia's puppet - not 'ard to believe, nes-pas?"

Esteriande surveys the doors.

"Let's leave ze doors. If zere is no leader out zere, zey will be in ze upper levels of ze keep."


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Wellard, do we have to go outside to get to the upper levels or did the stairway continue up?


You have not found any stairs going up yet..but then you have numerous doors to check.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Why in the world is this bit taking so long? I honestly don't get it?.We finished fighting the snake women like two or three weeks ago, didn't we?


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon sighs. "OK. If we're going to search this place, we better make it fast before that crowd outside decides to come in. Everybody pick a door and have a look."

To illustrate his point, and because he doesn't see a reason to work harder than he absolutely has to, the half-elf opens the nearest door.

It's just the occasional PbP bog down, I think. To speed things up let's split the party!

Wellard, any chance of getting a map?


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai opens the door opposite the one Romon opened. It is only when he reaches our his arm for the door that he remembers he is invisible.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Bien." Esteriande also selects a door, weapon ready and keeping it stealthy. Note she is still invisible.

The problem is trying to plan for 'changing' circumstances. We didn't realise how damaged the gates were until we all reached them, and that threw off all plans.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria begins opening doors as well

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak assists in checking doors, wanting to be in a more defensible position when / if the ogres start to arrive.


it's took so long because noone was making any decisions..[ooc]

[ooc]More defencible positions?..like the 10' wide corridors that only one ogre at a time can get down..or the 5' wide stairs you came up where they would have to squeeze for instance.

Dabbler have you a map you can post?


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

"If we cant seal the main door we could always trap it?" Naria suggests as she searches doors


This IS the internet you know ... Alegedly human Expert (IT) 5/Ninja 3/Witch 7

Give me until tomorrow and I will.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

"How would you suggest we trap it?" Muchorak turns to Naria, "If it could be something that would hinder or even prove fatal to them and few ogre bodies could easily hinder their movement into the hall."


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Got that map.

Fort Rannick, keep, ground level.

According to this, the stairway up was a right turn off the passageway we just walked down. As it is only 5' wide, it's also a great choke-point to hold the ogres.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

"Well if there are any more of them fireball beads left we leave em at the dooor. If them opening the door dosent break a bead then one of em is bound to stand on them."


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Imagining the scene, Romon chuckles at Naria's suggestion. Then he looks expectantly at Inikai to see if it will work.

Good idea.

SO what about all those doors we opened?


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"I have three more beads but I don't think they break easily enough to explode from a fall. I have no idea if stepping on one will set it off, either."

"If they are bunched together I can try to make one attack another. That should cause the other to retaliate and clog up the hall for a moment while they fight. Perhaps then three of us could launch a volley of firebeads at them. Metagaming: the description of the necklace of fireballs says that one person can only throw one per round.


Can the people opening doors please tell me which door they are opening.

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak will open the 10 ft. wide door(s) in the lower right quadrant of the map that opens into a 20 ft. by 20 ft. room with only that one entrance (so far as the map shows).


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria will open the East tower door

1,201 to 1,250 of 2,785 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.