Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre

Game Master Wellard


1,051 to 1,100 of 2,629 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

"Gladly." Marak says, pleased to not have to deal with the creatures.

Nothing Marak likes less than area of effect damage, while he's got shield other on Muchorak... :)


Esteriande/Romon

Spoiler:
I's a secret door but obvious on your side.There is a cleverly concealed spyhole and listening tube theough which you can observe the outside..which is still swarming with Ogres..

Are the rest off you waiting for the Return of the absent pair?

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Sure. How long could they possibly be gone? Romon's only got a 12 Con... :P


Male Human Binder 10 |Init +7 |HP 82 82 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
Marak Quan wrote:

Sure. How long could they possibly be gone? Romon's only got a 12 Con... :P

Well Played Sir!


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP69/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande peers through and nods thoughtfully.

"Zey are distracted...more out zere means less inside," she nods. "Let us join ze ozzers. When we get into ze keep, we must seal ze gate as our first priority."

Esteriande leads the way back to the rest of the party.


He's like Fonzy. With a sword. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon checks out the courtyard scene and smiles. "Affirmatory, Pigpen."

He trots contentedly behind Esteriande back to the party.

Marak Quan wrote:

Sure. How long could they possibly be gone? Romon's only got a 12 Con... :P

Those who can't do .... criticize. ;)


The shadowy caverns below are alive with the scuttling off shocker lizards...in some corners you can make out egg clutches and the place seems to be a large colony


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP69/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"You know, if we drove zese out into ze courtyard through ze secret door, zat would cause real chaos, zough I zink Alli would not be 'appy," Esteriande chuckles quietly to Romon.

"Zer is supposed to be a secret door in 'ere zat leads to ze dungeons of ze castle," Esteriande says in a soft tone to the party, seeking not to alarm the shocker lizards. "It should be around 'ere somewhere."

Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Can she tell where it should be?


Esteriande wracks her brains but cannot determine which way to go..


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP69/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Wait...zey said zat ze lizards sometimes get into ze dungeons," Esteriande muses. "Un moment." She fishes in her pack and takes out a candle. "If zere is a way in, zen zere is a draft...'old very still, and try not to breathe," she asks, and lights the candle, then holds it to see if the flame streams in a particular direction."


Male Human Binder 10 |Init +7 |HP 82 82 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
Esteriande d'Litran wrote:
.'old very still, and try not to breathe,

won't we suffocate?


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

So just so I'm clear, the issue now is that we are trying to find a secret door?

Wishing to help as best she can, Ali flows to her regular wolf form and, along with Lunas to help her, sniffs and looks carefully all along the walls, trying to find a hidden entrance.

Aliwolf Perception: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 2 = 31 + Scent
Lunas aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

For the Wild Druid build, I've just decided that I like it best that they only have Scent when in the their first Shapeshifting form. Not when in the others or their original form (humaniod?) form


I can live with that..

The scent is old..but ALi's keen nose can follow it even through the many generations of Lizards that have lied here..you wend through a narrow passage to find yourselves facing an obviously constructed wall


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP69/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

The lizards lied? The deceitful bastards...

Esteriande searches the wall carefully for signs of a concealed door.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

"Nothing obvious to me," Esteriande shakes her head, speakin gin a whisper. "Monsieur Romon, would you do ze honours? It must be close by."


Lived...that have lived here


He's like Fonzy. With a sword. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

"Sure thing." Staying clear of the sparking lizards, Romon looks over the construction before moving to the natural rock.

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 +4 more on traps


Romon spots the trigger almost instantly

This is a 5'wide passage..Romon is at the front with Esteriande immediately behind him..I need to know what the patrty order is behind her.

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Proposed party order, unless others wish to change stuff;
Romon -> Esteriande -> Muchorak -> the bear -> Alisebett -> the wolf -> Marak -> Naria -> Inikai.


This IS the internet you know ... Alegedly human Expert (IT) 5/Ninja 3/Witch 7

Fine by me.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Sure


He's like Fonzy. With a sword. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon trots through the door and glides silently ahead of the party.

get a 30' lead on the party and quick stealth along. Ioun torch in left hand for light, best dagger in right hand.

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 +4 v traps

Stealth 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35

Marching order OK.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Aliflows to her smallwolf form and follows along, nose sniffing for scent of Wolf Killers.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 + Scent


Male Human Binder 10 |Init +7 |HP 82 82 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai takes a look back down the tunnel before following Naria. The last thing he wants is for something to sneak up on him from behind when he is in the cramped quarters of the secret pathway.

Perception
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Sounds good to me, unless we want to put Ali before Ursus; basically just swap those two.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

That makes sense


What Romaon did not expect to find on theother side off the door was a finely decorated and almost palatial room tapestries hang from the walls fine carpets and furniture fill the room almost to overflowing.Two women are here the first tall aristocratic and redheaded her face a picture of such sensuality as to arouse immediate feelings of lust in amny man.the Second equally as beautiful but darker with more pronounced curves.

"Do come in" the redhead almost purrs at the sight of Romon in the doorway.."We have a ..proposition for you"

Rough and ready Map..Dabbler may have something better on file the two women are in the Northern half of the room


He's like Fonzy. With a sword. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon's jaw twitches sideways as he mentally counts to three. Desna be sweet! My luck is turning.

He turns to flash Estriande a big come-see-what-I-found grin. The grins blossoms into a full blown smile as he turns to face the two ladies again.

"What gentleman could fail to hear out such beautiful women? I am all attention." He says as he steps into the room.

He leaves his mace across the threshold.

Concupsient, yes. Stupid, no.

Bluff +7 or sleight of hand +13 to be discrete with the mace 1d20 ⇒ 5

But maybe over eager. Where's the suave?


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria gets ready to start blasting things.

"No way do two lady's remain unharmed in an Ogre held fort." She mumbles to whoever is nearbye


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Padding into the room as well and blinking in confusion for a moment, Aliwolf, hearing Naria's comment, growls slightly and opens her senses to try and detect the Scent of evil on the pair of women.


Male Human Binder 10 |Init +7 |HP 82 82 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
Naria Yamyra wrote:

Naria gets ready to start blasting things.

"No way do two ladies remain unharmed in an Ogre held fort." She mumbles to whoever is nearby

"Indeed. Brains of the operation..."Inikai mutters back. He steps into the room and tries to take in as much as he can without being completely obvious.

Perception
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP69/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande pauses and looks at the two women curiously. Her mind races, two aristocratic women in this place implies they are almost certainly in league with the ogres, especially as the Black Arrows never mentioned them. What manner of creature's could they be?

Her senses are open (detect evil on them both) and she is watching both of them keenly as she follows Romon (keeping him within her Aura of Courage/Resolve), her blade is lowered but not sheathed.

"Indeed," she adds. "It would be interesting to know how two such beautiful and refined ladies come to be sharing zis castle with so many savage brutes."


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak comes into the room on edge, his hands ready to draw his blades, and Ursus at his side.


Esteriande..

Spoiler:
They are evil..with moderate Auras

"My sister and I commend you on your ingenuity in avoiding the Kreegs in the fort and would like to make you an offer.Our... employer would dearly like to meet with you with the view to offering you a position of power within his organisation."


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP69/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"And 'oo is this employer?" Esteriande asks. "We are 'ere to recapture zis fort, and I doubt zat 'is agenda is concurrent with such a task."

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Readying to strike but acting relaxed; effectively a readied action to strike the nearest when all hell breaks loose.


He's like Fonzy. With a sword. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon scans the room looking for refreshment, valuable loot, and anything odd or out of place.

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Appraise to spot most valuable thing 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


The redheads eyes narrow as Esteriande speaks.."Retake this..pile..Oh I'm sure it could be arranged for you to take possession off it once you have accepted our proposition.All you have to do is meet with our employer and discuss terms for your employment"

Romon glances around but stops when his eyes meet those of the darker womsn who is regarding him intently.


He's like Fonzy. With a sword. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon smiles and winks at the brunette. He tips his head to one side, inviting a separate conversation.

If she is inclined to acquiesce, Romon takes a few steps to the left so they have a bit of privacy while remaining in plain sight of everyone.
He speaks softly to avoid interrupting Esteriande's negotiations and gives her his best smile.

"So, you and -- your sister(?), have been waiting here for us? How'd you you hear about us, or are you just impressed that anyone could sneak past a bunch of bungling ogrekin?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


The brunette gives a nasal chuckle.."Oh I know all about you and your...friends.I have had the..ahh.. pleasure of seeing you in action before"

"but we are not here for idle conversation....we require your answer

Romon

Spoiler:
These women are poised ready for action at an instants notice


He's like Fonzy. With a sword. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon chuckles too. "We can't all be in such an urgent hurry. How can we decide if we don't know you or the terms of your offer. Are their any special perks that go with the job? ~Eyes drift devouringly up and down.~ Where'd you see us in action?"

Wellard:
2 things -- 1. Romon doesn't have to dissemble a little desire here and he's trying to charm any information out of her. Playing a little dumb.

2. Bluff to alert the others to their readiness. Although I doubt they really need any warning. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP69/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Ze only place zey can 'ave, Romon: Magnimar. Is zat not so?" Esteriande smiles, connecting the dots. "You must 'ave been acquaintances with Justice Ironbriar. Allow me to make you a counter-offer," Eseriande stops smiling. "Your lives for your surrender. 'ave a care, for zere will be no second offer, your decision will be very final, and I too require a swift reply."

Esteriande is expecting an attack, spell or spell-like ability to be used, and is ready to interrupt whatever may occur.


He's like Fonzy. With a sword. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon shoots Esteriande a rather crestfallen, I-was-doing-something-here look.


Male Human Binder 10 |Init +7 |HP 82 82 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

While the women are talking to Esteriende and Romon Inikai sees this as an opportunity to step a few feet away from the others. Five foot step As he takes his steps he splays his fingers wide and shakes his hand in a circular gesture that suggests he is spreading something on the ground.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak listens to the conversation ready to draw his blades if needed...

Shoanti:

"Could it be possible to feign interest in the offer to meet the head of this snake?"


The redhead shrugs.."Yes I thought that might be your position..ah well" and both women transform into creatures similar to that you faced in the clocktower..as they sprout serpent like tails whilst retaining their human torso's

No Surprise round as everyone was prepared for this.

Miss Brunette 27
Esteriande 24
Miss Redhead 23
Ali 22
Muchorak 21
Inakai 20+
Naria 20
Romon 19
Marak 18


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

If it is possible during their metamorphosis Muchorak will also draw his blades.


No problem with that..also no-one is flat footed for this

Dabbler a combat map please the Lamiae take up the top 10' with the redhead on the right.

The brunette lashes out at Romon with a longspear.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34 Damage 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

As she hits him a wave of despair washes over you

DC 16 will saves from everyone please or be at -2 to all rolls(Including Damage) for 60 rounds

Romon requires an additional DC 16 will save to prevent him being nauseated with despair for 1d6 ⇒ 1 rounds

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Will save 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

DC 16? Marak beats that. Twice. :)


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Will save

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP69/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Best order I can come up with, based on previous party order. I am assuming the two lamia are large-sized.

Will Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 If this is an enchantment/charm effect, Esteriande is immune in any event, and all within ten feet of her gain a +4 bonus to their save.

As the spear lashes out so does the paladin's blade as she strikes out at the evil monster before her. Smite Evil (+3 to hit, +8 damage, AC to 27) & Power Attack (-3 AC, +9 damage) on the Brunette.

Attack #1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20 Damage: 1d10 + 23 ⇒ (7) + 23 = 30

Attack #2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 Damage: 1d10 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 25


It is an enchantment the base being a Crushing despair spell so the +4 applies to Romon, Ali and Muchorak

Esteriandes blows fail to connect with the serpentine woman who dodges them with almost contemptuous ease

The redhead makes no real moves that might draw an attack but both sisters suddenly seem to be moving faster.

Lamiae are now Hasted. for the next 8 rounds

1,051 to 1,100 of 2,629 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.