Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre

Game Master Wellard


51 to 100 of 2,766 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak and Wolfspirit will enter the Dragon Inn together quickly identifing their companions they move to join them.

Though I bet Ali will be more active and 'hoppy'; totally leaving that upto Khal for that.

The Shoanti looks more at peace than he has the past days in the big city. Moving to the table he sits, "And what new things have passed in the recent days?"


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"We 'ave just received letters of credit, and more thanks, from la princesse in Magnimar," Esteriande shows him the letter. "What says ze letter from ze Mayor of Magnimar, Naria?"


The Mayor's letter is an invitation to meet with him again in the hopes that you will do him a further Service.

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak, dressed for another day of lounging about his favorite bluff with the dead people he sometimes seems to spend more time with than the living, or puttering about the lighthouse, or researching into the crafting of items rare and wondrous, seems initially put off by the intrusion of the adventuring life back into his holiday, but mumbles, "The man did pay us quite a bit, I suppose we do owe him the courtesy of a reply, although it seems like we just left Magnimar..."


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Oui, but he is ze ruler of a large area. 'E may 'ave a situation to 'and zat requires our talents, or 'e may 'ave information on ze origins of ze cult of murderers," Esteriande points out.

"I agree, it seems zat we just got 'ere, but," she shrugs, "when duty calls, it does not wait for stragglers. I shall settle business 'ere and be ready to depart by noon. If any of you wish to accompany me, you would all be most welcome." Her eyes linger on Romon as she says this.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Back to Magnimar? I'm on it!

"Leave sweet peaceful Sandpoint for noisome bustling streets of Magnimar? Heaven forfend!"

Bluff 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Feeling that he hasn't gotten his point across Romon smiles and points to the letters of credit. "Where else could we spend these? I can be packed in an hour."

Can't believe he failed that bluff.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
Muchorak "Windstriker" wrote:
The Shoanti looks more at peace than he has the past days in the big city. Moving to the table he sits, "And what new things have passed in the recent days?"

When Inikai reads the letter he forgets himself in a burst of exuberance. He grabs Muchorak by the shoulders and pulls him to his feet shouting: "Snooki is pregnant!"


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

lol


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

"Maybe he wants us to examin a ruin for him?"

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Remembering the Mayor's excessive lifestyle, Marak mutters, "I can't imagine anything more ruined than that man's liver." to himself while looking absently at something else, and then looks up in surprise, as if aware that he spoke that uncharitable thought aloud.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

"He seemed nice enough to me."


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Ze Mayor is...a work in progress," Esteriande decides diplomatically. "'Ee can be self-serving and greedy, but 'ee 'as also donated much to ze arts and ze charities. I must prepare, let us assemble in a few hours."


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

"The only work the mayor's got in progress is eating as much of Magnimar's food as he can."


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

All smiles and exuberance as she bursts through the door, Ali rushes in and speeds straight to Esteriande, wrapping her arms around the Paladine's waist and lifting her up in the air surprisingly easily while exclaiming "Look! Look! Ali strong strong strong now!" taking care to gently set the surprised redhead down, Ali continues unabated, pointing with great pride and a big grin to her new belt "It cause of this! Big Bear give it Ali last day before now! It good good good! Yes yes?"

She then proceeds to happily hug and greet all the rest of the pack, being sure to give them a good sniff as she does, to see what they have been up to and how they are doing. After she sniffs Esteriande and Romon, she gives the two a long, quizzical and very curious look.

Lunas greets the pack much the same, but in a much more reserved and understated way, and minus the hugs.

However the happy little Wild Druid's mood evaporates almost instantly into a sullen pout when she learns that the pack is to return to that big, ugly, nasty, stinky two leg den of stone. Looking up to Big Bear with big eyes she asks quietly "Is true? Ali and pack have must go back to yucky stinky place?"

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

"What a lovely belt," Marak says with a wry grin, stopping to allow Lunas to sniff his hand as he comes to offer a greeting as well, marvelling at a life in which he could find himself offering his hand to a wolf, as if it were a riding horse.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Alors! Mon petit loup-garou, you 'ave grown much stronger I see," Esteriande laughs as Alli sets her down.

She listens patiently to the gnomes sinking spirits.

"Oui, we 'ave to return zere, zough I 'ope not for long. You do not 'ave to come wiz us if you do not want to, but...zere may be chocolate."


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

At the mention of chocolate the sulky Gnome's spirits seem to rise considerably.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

And we could play fetch in the park everyday!

"We're just going to see the mayor. A day or two at most. Ali could hang around outside the city. That way we all get a nice few days on the road. Those that like can enjoy the city. Ali and friends can roam the countryside. There's a fishshack on one of the piers that I haven't taken you to. It's a little rough, but she fries it with a black crust of spices and you can't get fresher fish."


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Ali tilts her head to the side at Romon's last comment, for how could fish be more fresh than when caught and eaten raw, as it should be? Although she did have to admit that many kinds of two leg food were tasty, especially chocolate!, she still did not quite understand their insistence of always burning everything that they ate.

The notion of not going into the city though certainly does appeal to her, although in the end she will do whatever her pack leaders decide is best.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

"We should all see the mayor together," Muchorak looks at the letter, "Hopefully the stay will be short but I must admit I am curious to his request for us."

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

"I would not trust the outskirts of Magnimar in any event to a lone traveller, even one so strong as our friend. We have recently made an entire cult of murderers angry with us specifically, after all. Best we stick together." Marak says, agreeing with Muchorak's thought that the group should not separate.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"I hope that the letter is not a forgery to bait us into a trap. Well, there is only one way to find out."


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7
Marak Quan wrote:
"We have recently made an entire cult of murderers angry with us specifically, after all."

"If zere are any of zem left alive," Esteriande adds. "Let us prepare and depart, my friends - ze sooner we leave, ze sooner we find out what is desired of us."


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

"What she said. If you think there're are any left maybe you should have a chat with Ironbriar or slug-lady. I'm telling you the riskiest part of a trip to Magnimar would be death by boredom when his honor starts flappin' his gums. There's a reason he's the top politico."


An early Morning(Pre dawn) departure would get you to Magnimar just after darkness falls..winter approaches and the days are getting noticeably shorter.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai makes himself ready early. He has spent the last day and night calling on Ilsoari, Cydrak and the curly-haired barmaid. He is anxious to see Magnimar again and find out what the lord-mayor wants.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande has Greyfog saddled and is ready to ride by first light. She is in a cheerful mood, and impatient to get going.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon's ready to go too. But much as he's looking forward to getting back to the big city, he'd like a nap first. Why isn't there a decent inn halfway between Sandpile and Magnimar?


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

While the pack gets ready to be on the move, Alihawk soars the thermals, far above. The sun glinting off her feathers and warming her to her core the wild druid thinks 'This fly like two wings be Almost as good as running...almost' and while she doesn't spend too much time on introspection and the notion of self honesty, she does decide that she should never tell brother Lunas just how good this flying feels.

Thrilled as always to see so much of the beautiful Land below her, she scouts the path for at least a mile ahead, making sure there are no dangers awaiting her packmates.


The Journey to Magnimar passes without incident and you arrive at the gates.Showing the guards the Mayors summons gains you instant access without even a comment about Lunas and Ursas, obviously the Guard has been expecting you.

The Guard Commander tells you that someone will meet you at the Town hall in the morning at the 10th hour.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

A night in our favourite inn, and Esteriande does some late night shopping to ensure everyone in the party is presentable (noble clothing or the equivelant) if they do not have suitable clothing. The city's fashions are appropriate for Inikai, Marak, Naria, and Romon. For Alli and Muchorak she hits the night-market and seeks out more appropriate Shoanti garb (and advice).

She gives everyone a quick refresher on protocol and decorum in the morning before we go, and ensures everyone is dressed in their best, whatever their best may be.

"To zese people, appearances and correct words are important," she explains. "It ees easier to get zeir attention if you look ze proper part."


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

The shoanti looks quizzically at Esteriande with her advice then becomes almost expressionless, "A man is judged by his actions not his words and how he looks."


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
Muchorak "Windstriker" wrote:
The shoanti looks quizzically at Esteriande with her advice then becomes almost expressionless, "A man is judged by his actions not his words and how he looks."

"But those like the mayor are barely men because they don't do much of anything. They talk and have others do things for them. However, he does exercise power that could be to our benefit. Of course, it will require something on our part that benefits him also."


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7
Muchorak "Windstriker" wrote:
"A man is judged by his actions not his words and how he looks."

"Indeed he should be, but tell me, mon amis, when you first lay eyes on a woman do you notice 'er actions, or 'er beauty?" Esteriande chuckles. "By dresseeng in a mannor zat ze mayor sees as appropriate, we raise ourselves in 'is estimation. It ees not so much what we wear, as zat we 'ave gone to ze effort to be presentable."


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

"A good man will notice her need for him and she the same." he sighs, "I understand there is much different in our customs. You may be an attractive woman, skilled warrior." Muchorak pauses, "But there is more needed in a mate for my people. This is your land and I will leave most of it's words to you."


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Zey are, and I see you as a noble and honourable man, and none I would rather 'ave at my side when danger threatens. More, you are wise in ways I cannot approach. We are of very different worlds, and we may cross between zem many times together, but it is in our companionship zat our true strength lies," Esteriande grips the shoanti's shoulder firmly.

"Come, we must not be late..."


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

"I think it's not a matter of being late." Muchorak looks over at Wolfspirit, Lunas, and Ursus, "More a matter of the sooner we can leave the confines of this place."


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Zen let us get ze tedious part out of ze way," Esteriande leads the way into the Town Hall, confidently introducing herself as the Comtesse d'Litran, and then each of the party members by name.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Although thrilled to be getting presents, Romon graciously declines to wear the clothes Esteriande provides to the mayor's. "I wouldn't trust him, mush less his Hellknight cronies. I'll dress myself." He uses his hat of disguise to replicate the outfit she bought, and remains comfortably in his armor.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

For some reason waiting for the mayor grates on Inikai's nerves. Surely, there is no need for an extensive delay; guests are made to wait in order to impress upon them that they are in an inferior position to hizonner. Best to let Esteriende do the talking he thinks.


You are almost hustled into a room off the main council chamber where the Mayor is waiting along with a tall soldierly looking man who is introduced to you as Commander Ismeir Odinburge

Everyone with a connection to Magnimar knows the Commander is a Paladin of Adabar and General of Magnimars forces

Having performed the introductions the Mayor leaves the Commander to brief you and hurries off for his mid morning snack.

"Good Morning Your Grace,Gentleman,Ladies..I'm sorry to rush this but we just recieved news this morning of some strange events in Riddleport and along with the current troubles in Korvosa I'm afraid this..mission we would like you to perform has just become more urgent by a number of degrees"

"That being the case I'll get straight to the point. There has been no contact with our most distant holding, Fort Rannick near Hook Mountain, for quite some time. Now the area is quite remote and the Black Arrows, the soldiers stationed at Fort Rannick, have traditionally been isolationists, but such a long silence is uncharacteristic even for them."

He drops his voice slightly and continues

"The Council of Ushers has been pressing the Mayor to send a patrol to Hook Mountain to investigate, but until you came to his attention, he had no one he felt he could spare for what he viewed as a “pointless and silly trip to talk to those foul-tempered Black Arrows". Now whilst I don't agree with that position the recent troubles in Varisia mean that I don't have a man to spare for a 450 mile trip to the Fort. That being the case I'm prepared to offer you each 300 gold to perform this small service for Magnimar..go there, find out the cause of the lack of communication and return with whatever reports the Black Arrows have for us.Quite a simple task for people as competent as you are I know but the simple fact is we have no-one else to send..well apart from the Hellknights and I'm sure we are all agreed that we don't want them wandering around Varisia sticking their noses into places best left alone"


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande listens carefully to the Commander.

"Oui, Commander, we are in agreement," Esteriande affirms. "Ze 'Ellknights are not noticed for zeir skills at diplomacy, which can be vital on ze borders. I am not familiar with ze locale of Fort Rannick, or ze Black Arrows. 'Ow much can you tell us of zem, and when ze last word would be expected?"


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

How long will it take us to trek 450 miles?


The Commander turns towards a map, on the wall off the room

"Here is Magnimar" he says and here at the end off the river route "is Turtleback Ferry. About 45 years ago the people of the Ferry were being beset by a band of Ogres from hook Mountain..the Kreegs.The Mayor at that time formed the Black Arrows a unit of hardy wilderness scouts and frontiersmen who managed to inflict a stinging defeat on the Ogres and established a fort on the lower slopes of the maountain, Fort Rannick."

"Nowadays the Black Arrows are..well to be honest they are not what they once were..they have become a port of last resort for many who would in the normal course of things be termed outlaws.Still they have defended the borders effectively until about 3 months ago when the reports stopped coming in..they should be submitted monthly"


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak stays silent through the exchange; he knows his words could only provoke unwanted hostilities.

Sweet criminals protecting the land; nice.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Good deeds may make good men of bad ones," Esteriande comments thoughtfully. "Zey must 'ave been effective and disciplined if zey 'ave 'eld ze outpost against ogres for forty years." She measures off the distance thoughtfully.

"Zat ees a long journey, we would be best and swiftest to travel by barge up ze river," Esteriande comments thoughtfully. "A barge could transport our mounts and companions also. Three months...is a long time. 'As anyzing been reported by ze people of Turtleback Ferry?"

Esteriande turns to the party.

"I am of a mind to accept zis mission. If zere is trouble at Fort Rannick, zen ze people of ze towns south of zere are in danger. If any or all of you would join me, I would be glad of your company."


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

"Sure I'll come."


"I can secure you Passage on the next Barge going upriver." the Commander states "It should take 6 or 7 days depending on the amount of water coming down"

Think of the Arrows as something akin to the Foreign Legion and you wont be far wrong..as for journey times..19 days walk, 10 days by horse 6-7 days on the river


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

"If ogres are still a problem for the people there it is something I would be glad to remedy." The shoanti actually smiles as he makes his comment and reveals an almost gleam in his eye; a hunger for Ogre blood.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Tilting her head curiously Ali asks "What is Ogre? They no good good ones?"

51 to 100 of 2,766 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.