Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre

Game Master Wellard


901 to 950 of 2,785 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

As the two return Muchorak stays just behind and to the side of Inikai, "Secrets do not keep when we must trust each other." Is all the ranger says leaving Inikai to explain the statement...


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande looks at Muchorak curiously, then at Inikai.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai's slumped posture straightens with indignation at Muchorak's statement and he glares at him momentarily. "Muchorak, you speak as though you were my father not my friend. In truth, you mean more to me that that cold-hearted bastard ever did but..." Here Inikai leaves his sentence unfinished and momentarily looks away from the group and exhales. His look is one of anger and frustration. He then inhales, looks at his assembled fiends and begins again.

"I have kept a secret from all of you. It is not something that I wanted to keep from you forever but I did not know how to go about telling anyone because it is something I have kept secret since I was a boy. I don't mean to insult any of you by assuming how you would see me if you learned of it but you will probably understand my reasons."

Again Inikai hesitates and seems unsure how to proceed. After a moment he starts again. "My brand of magic is not shamanism as you have thought, Marak. Nor is it properly sorcerous like yours, Naria. And it is not drawn from the natural world like your, Ali." Inikai looks at each of them in turn as he speaks. "I call on...entities...beings, that are not of the mortal world, or are not any longer. They are called spirits by some but most sources refer to them as 'vestiges', as though they are the remains of being that no longer exist but somehow still do. Their existence...non-existence or..." and here he hesitates again as if searching for words "whatever their nature is it is not greatly understood. Some scholars claim that they are beyond any power to affect, others say they have been condemned for various crimes. But others may well have become what they are though self-sacrifice."

"My craft is called binding. That makes me a binder or 'pact-maker' or, in some writings a 'soul-whore'. This is completely unlike the infernal-binders of the school in Egorian. It is just an unfortunate conincidence that the same word is used." clearly Inikai is speaking without preparation and his usual focus.

"Many churches condemn binders and some have been executed. They say that making pacts with vestiges is to defy the gods because vestiges exist beyond divine powers to affect them. If I believed this I would never have taken up this path. I spurn the idea that something mortals can do is beyond the power of the gods. Instead, I believe that the ones who say such things feel that something that is beyond their own mortal control is a threat to their temporal positions. Because of this I, and fear of my father's disapproval, I have hidden my art."

"I wanted to tell you all, but not now when we are threatened. I wanted to tell you when we are safe, when all this...this affair with Norgorber's followers and the other evils behind us. I thought it would be better to tell you as friends talk of mundane things in comfort. But now I think you were right, Muchorak. Secrets could be used against us or can undermine out trust for eachother. I would sooner risk my blood than risk losing the respect and friendship of all of you."

"If you deem me a heretic and would see me in irons, I won't try to stop you. Even if I could stand against any of you with steel or magic I would not. If you decide not to do so and not to cast me out I" a long pause interrupts Inikai's speech here "...I am sorry. And I ask you to forgive me for keeping this from you, for not having enough faith in you to ....I am sorry."


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Esteriande thinks carefully on the binder's words.

"If it was binding of devils, I would feel ze evil from you, my friend, and I do not. I 'ave seen you smite as I do, and no ill power could do zat," she shrugs. "So you invoke razzer zan evoke. It is not ze blessing of ze gods, but zen neizer is ze magic of wizards or sorcerers. You are my friend and companion, I will not condemn you for your choice of magic, and I will vouch for you before any zat do. As for 'eresy, zer are many ways to ze gods. Zey are ze ones 'oo decide which paths are right, not we mortals."

Esteriande smile and embraces Inikai and steps aside.

"Zank you for your honesty. Your confidence is safe wiz me, if you desire I should not share it."


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Ali (and anyone else who was interesteed in the instant of party reunion):

Romon watches the excited little druid plunge toward them against the background of greenery and blossoms. "What's all this? Where's the burnt house? Are we in the right spot?"

Her excitement is infectious and he leaps off his horse and holds out his hand for her to lead him through the new garden. He is very complimentary, especially at spots where she's used the brightest, showiest flowers.

The money I could make with her landscaping for the hoi polloi in Magnimar. He shivers with pleasure at the thought.

Brilliant bit Khaladon.

When Ali leaves to watch I&M:

Romon watches Ali take flight. He can't help but smile in friendly jealousy. She's doing just what he'd like to and she's flying while doing it. He thinks back to how much fun levitation was. I wonder what a flying potion would cost.

Current events:Romon watches and listens as Muchorak tips the pot and forces Inikai to spill the beans. He can't help smiling. It seems almost ludicrous that Inikai should be so worried and concerned and embarrassed about such a little thing.

Internal:
He thinks back to that day at Inikai's house when his friend asked for privacy. If only I had known, he thinks a little regretfully. It's always good to have a little dirt on your friends, just in case, not that you would ever use it, but just in case. Oddly, such a basic common sense survivalist thought makes him feel a little odd and he looks at Randi from under lowered eyebrows.

Another instant and the rogue is thinking again. What in sweet Azmo's hell kind of game was Muchorak playing? Romon can't decide which vexes him more, the Shoanti throwing away an edge like that, or ratting out his friend.

In any event, Randi's not bothered by it and Romon sees no reason why he should be either.

What Inikai needs right now is a little breathing space.

"What is that all? You talk to spirits? I knew this old Varisian lady, she had a spirit game. Sweet setup. A little chat, some eyes rolled back in the forehead, the shake and lurch. Rolled in the coin. Of course she couldn't actually talk to spirits, but she could pick the table up with her knees and float it around and had the sweetest song, like a nightingale she could sing. Told the wrong fortune and ended up face down in the Yondabakari, but that's life."

A little later Romon will get Muchorak alone:
"Not all beards need to be shaved. It's a sorry barber that cuts the beard when he's meant to comb it."

Bluff, secret message 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 Shoot. But Muchorak can probably parse it himself.

Even later, with Esteriande:
"Do you believe Macho, ratting Inky out like that? Inky trusted him, and Macho blew his cover? How can you trust someone like that?"


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
Romon wrote:
"What is that all? You talk to spirits? I knew this old Varisian lady, she had a spirit game. Sweet setup. A little chat, some eyes rolled back in the forehead, the shake and lurch. Rolled in the coin. Of course she couldn't actually talk to spirits, but she could pick the table up with her knees and float it around and had the sweetest song, like a nightingale she could sing. Told the wrong fortune and ended up face down in the Yondabakari, but that's life."

"She was near the Gulf Docks wasn't she, not far from that place that sold bad crab soup? I watched her rook some rubes as they got off the boats. It's a bit of a shame she ended up that way. In truth, I did not think you would take issue with this."

"Esteriende, that you as well. Some of the the beings I commune with are of dreadful appearance and some of dubious reputation, at best. Of course, some say that the beings are not who they purport themselves to be. But, on my word I harbor no evil in my soul."

He then waits expectantly for the others, especially Marak.

The Exchange

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak seems intrigued by Inikai's confession, and not at all concerned. As Inikai looks up to the reactions of his companions, he waits for a pause before speaking, "Nethys respects all forms of magic, even those that are reviled by some other gods, and I have found over the years that, by definition, nothing that exists can be unnatural. If the gods, as a whole, took offense at your practices, they would not work."

"I would know more of these 'vestiges,' if you are comfortable discussing them in a less..." he pauses for a moment, searching for a word, "inquisitorial forum. Would Aroden or Curchanos, for example, count among these vestiges, the fading memories of gods who are no longer with us?""


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

"......." Within seconds Naria is on her feet proding Inikai a veritable tidal wave of questions coming from her lips such as "How many of these Vestiges are there? Do any of them have names? Any of them of historical or politcal significnance? If so would she be able to chat with one of them?" and so on


Oh I have been so loooking forward to this moment and no-one has let me down. If Ali and Muchorak would post then a wrap up response from Inikai and we will be ready to move on


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"Marak, I am very glad for your understanding. I must confess that I was worried about how you would react in light of your doctrine and this makes me feel guilty for having had such concerns in the first place."

Naria's barrage of questions takes Inikai off guard and he struggles to keep up with her. The questions on magical theory go over his head as she can tell from his clumsy attempts to answer them.

"I don't know how many vestiges there are but I know of more than thirty-two. It is said that there is at least one for every tooth that a man has, but I think that is apocryphal. They all have names and some claim or are said to have been historical and some political figures."

"I have only once called a vestige in the presence of another person and neither seemed to react to Muchorak. I can't call them again today but, if you wish, you can witness it when I next summon one. Perhaps they will talk with you." Inikai pauses again and catches his breath, clearly he is reeling from the sorceress's inquiries.

"Again, I ask you all to forgive me for my secretiveness. It comes from a life-long habit before I had friends such as you."

GROUP HUG!


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"I know about ze need for secrets, and ze persecution of ze mob. Zere is no limit to the foolishness people will indulge in, given encouragement. You 'ave nothing to apologise for."

Later with Romon:
"I think perhaps Muchorak knew the rest of us better than Inikai did through his fear. This has done him good, not ill." Naturally Esteriande sees the good side of her friends over the bad.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Ali watches the exchange between Icky and the rest of her friends. She has little to no understanding of the majority of the words used, but she can clearly feel the emotions involved.

After almost everyone has spoken she walks up to Inikai, hugs him tightly around the waist and then stands up on tippy toe to kiss him on the cheek. With a warm, caring and slightly teasing smile she says "Silly Icky, tricks are for.. Sorry, just joking, couldn't resist

She says "Silly Icky! Ali no know what all you say, but Ali do know that you be good good good! You be friend Icky, and part of Pack! We know you no can do bad by us! You should know that too! Silly Icky." and she pats his back fondly a few times before moving away and looking to Big Bear, the only one yet to speak.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Later with Esteriande:
"Yeah, it turned out all right. But did you see who gave Inky saucer eyes when we talked? He was worried about Marak going inquisitorial on him with whips and red hot pokers. The old speak and be damned.

Marak's the closest of us all. How'd Macho know Nethys wouldn't have a hair across his butt about this binder thing?"

Romon kind of shudders. [b]"Secrets. You got to keep them if you want to keep your friends."

Later with Inikai:
"You chose the wrong guy. I wouldn't have spilled the beans like that."

[ooc]Probably true, but also Romon probably would have had fun with a little harmless blackmail. Getting Inikai to do camp chores for him and the like.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Later with Romon:
"Mon amor, if your friends are true friends, zey will understand both ze need for secrets, and," she smiles, "not care what zey are. Zere is an old saying I 'eard once: 'Zose zat matter do not care; zose zat care, do not matter.' I do not need to know 'ow Inikai does 'is magic, I only need to know zat 'e is a good man."

She turns her gaze to Romon and grins.

"Just as I do not need to know zat you are a rogue, a scoundrel, and a very bad man when you 'ave need to be; because I do know zat you are a good man under zat, and one I care for a great deal."


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
Romon wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Romon

Spoiler:
"I wanted to tell you first, I never worried that you would care about it. But I could not see how to get you away from from Esteriende. If our positions were reversed I would not want to leave her to watch your back in the woods."

He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Inikai:
"True, she is something else, but she doesn't run my life. She'd completely understand if I needed a little time with a friend."

Romon looks around carefully then spins his second best dagger into a tree trunk.

"Anyway. It worked out, although you were eyeballing Marak to beat the griffon. Were you expecting trouble from him?"

Esteriande:
Embarassed grin, transitioning to hug to avoid actually saying words.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Romon:[spolier]Yes, I was worried about how he would react. I feel ashamed for it now, though. Marak is a true friend and is no hide-bound ordered priest who values his position over the truth. It does not seem as though he picked up on my fear, or if he did, he brushed it aside.

I am still a bit concerned about Muchorak. I certainly don't want to lose his friendship.

And I did not mean to imply that the Countess runs your life, far from it. I just can't think of a good reason any man would want to be away from her unless she was chasing him with that meat-cleaver of hers.[/spoiler]


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

After the verbal barrage Naria settles down apparently taking notes and thinking over possible questions to ask visages if she ever gets a chance to speak to one.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Earlier with Roman (and anyone else who showed interest in her garden):

Ali is delighted by her Sneaky Friend's interest in her Garden, and runs to grab his hand and gleefully show him all of her creation.

If they are alone( but anyone can feel free to read it. In fact, please do ; ):

As they wind through the maze, going deeper and deeper into it's shaded intricacies, Ali eventually stops at a place near the center and sits Roman down at a bench of stone that she had made. Standing in front of him, and thus able to stare directly into his eyes this way, she gets a look in them that the experienced rogue instantly recognizes.

Without preamble she says "Snea...Roman, Ali know everyone think Ali be little girl. But Ali is not little girl! Ali is woman!" and as she says this, she subtly moves in several ways that, in her tight leathers, makes Roman very aware that this statement is, indeed, a fact.

Smiling in a way that makes the Half-elf's temperature increase several degrees, she continues "Ali see and hear many things Ali's friends no know that she do. Like..." and at this point she begins to make some very accurate representations of various sounds and words that have been wont to emit from the rooms or areas where Roman and Esteriande have spent some private time. "Ali know what sounds these be! They sound different when Ali's four legs brothers make them, but sounds have almost same smell. Ali know what mating is!" and now the small Gnome puts on a genuine pout, one of longing and sadness that the rogue cannot help but find extremely appealing. "Ali know what mating is, but she no know what mating is! And Ali be ready to know! Very ready! Ali knows that Big Bear be pack leader, or, hmmm, well maybe one of pack's leaders? And Ali would mate with him, yes yes she would! But Ali think that maybe he think of Ali like, ummm, like maybe Lunas does. Ali and Lunas be pack-mates, yes yes, but also they be den-brothers, and it is not often that den brothers and sisters mate." and at this statement Ali points over to her left, where Roman looks to see Lunas, lying on ground. The big wolf glances back at the rogue, then returns to gnawing on his toenails, completely unconcerned with what his den-sister and the two-legs are speaking about. "So, Ali think now that she mate with you, Sneaky Roman friend! Yes yes? For Ali hear many times happy sounds that friend Roman make friend Esteriande make and Ali want to make those sounds too, yes yes she does! So, you help Ali make them, now, yes yes?" and she begins to slowly take off her clothes, staring with innocent, but wanton, longing into his eyes the entire time.

For Roman, Sense Motive DC15:

Ali is being completely genuine and, somehow, still innocent in her offer, actions and words. While she is most certainly exuding a powerful and sensual womanly aura, it is clear that she does not really know as much as what she is speaking about as she thinks she does. Or, another way to look at it is that she perhaps does know what she is speaking about, but in an entirely different way than Roman does.

As well, it is quite obvious that she is not thinking of Esteriande at all at this moment and at the same time, seems to have no concept or idea of why she perhaps should be.


Sorry if Ali gets offended by this but..that was biggest laugh I've had in ages..that spoiler just leapt into my minds eye in 3D with technicolour and surround sound..lets just remember this is a PG13 board people


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Romon:
Esteriande hugs Romon back, saying nothing for a long moment. When he releases she moves suddenly and pins him to the bed with a wicked grin.

"Now, where did I put zat flogger? I am sure I 'ave a very bad man to punish..."
...and fade out of that conversation.

Get's popcorn to watch how Romon reacts to Alli. I won't spoil things by letting you know how Esteriande would react. This could be fun!


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Boy, Romon's popular lately! And no, no, not offended at all! Was supposed to elicit a smile or chuckle. And yes, yes, I know it's PG13, I think that post was well within the lines. It's not like I mentioned a flogger or anything after all.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

What can I say? Chicks dig scoundrels.

Esteriande:
"Your left saddlebag. It's in the left saddlebag, next to the gag." The adventure with Ali would have happened first.

Ali:
[ooc] Wow. Not sure I've got the chops for this. Also, I feel comfortable taking 10 on the sense motive, so I peeked at the spoiler.

Alisebett wrote:

Earlier with Roman (and anyone else who showed interest in her garden):

Ali is delighted by her Sneaky Friend's interest in her Garden, and runs to grab his hand and gleefully show him all of her creation.

As they wind through the maze, going deeper and deeper into it's shaded intricacies, Ali eventually stops at a place near the center and sits Roman down at a bench of stone that she had made. Standing in front of him, and thus able to stare directly into his eyes this way, she gets a look in them that the experienced rogue instantly recognizes.

Without preamble she says "Snea...Roman, Ali know everyone think Ali be little girl. But Ali is not little girl! Ali is woman!" and as she says this, she subtly moves in several ways that, in her tight leathers, makes Roman very aware that this statement is, indeed, a fact.

A slow appreciative grin spreads across Romon's face. He brushes a lock of hair back from his forehead. As a gnome, Ali's not only smaller, her proportions are different from a human's, or an elf's. Still she's put together in a very toight little package.

Alisebett wrote:
Smiling in a way that makes the Half-elf's temperature increase several degrees, she continues "Ali see and hear many things Ali's friends no know that she do. Like..." and at this point she begins to make some very accurate representations of various sounds and words that have been wont to emit from the rooms or areas where Roman and Esteriande have spent some private time. "Ali know what sounds these be! They sound different when Ali's four legs brothers make them, but sounds have almost same smell. Ali know what mating is!" and now the small Gnome puts on a genuine pout, one of longing and sadness that the rogue cannot help but find extremely appealing. "Ali know what mating is, but she no know what mating is! And Ali be ready to know! Very ready!"

The half-elf tucks his left ankle under his right leg and uses his calf as a fulcrum to shift to toward Ali in a kneeling position. One hand starts to reach out.

Alisebett wrote:
"Ali knows that Big Bear be pack leader, or, hmmm, well maybe one of pack's leaders? And Ali would mate with him, yes yes she would! But Ali think that maybe he think of Ali like, ummm, like maybe Lunas does. Ali and Lunas be pack-mates, yes yes, but also they be den-brothers...

And the stiletto slips through the warm silken glow surrounding the rogue. It's followed quickly by a body blow of a different nature.

Alisebett wrote:
"... and it is not often that den brothers and sisters mate." and at this statement Ali points over to her left, where Roman looks to see Lunas, lying on ground. The big wolf glances back at the rogue, then returns to gnawing on his toenails, completely unconcerned with what his den-sister and the two-legs are speaking about.

Something about Lunas being there. It's like her family is watching. And that is just not right. And oheavens what would Randi think?

Alisebett wrote:
"So, Ali think now that she mate with you, Sneaky Roman friend! Yes yes? For Ali hear many times happy sounds that friend Roman make friend Esteriande make and Ali want to make those sounds too, yes yes she does! So, you help Ali make them, now, yes yes?" and she begins to slowly take off her clothes, staring with innocent, but wanton, longing into his eyes the entire time.

Ego deflated, weirded out, Romon still can't help looking and smiling as the clothes start to come off, and a lifetime tells him to just look and enjoy the show. But another voice tells him, he can't take time to enjoy this. He glances at Lunas again, catches the wolf's eye for an instant.

He lurches to his feet. "Ali, stop!"

Seeing the look on her face, he regroups. What would Randi say? "Look, it's not that I don't want to. Mating, " the word is oddly heavy on his tongue. [b]"is good. But people, two legs, are supposed to mate for life. At least some people think so. I think Randi thinks so. "


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Will respond to Romon soon, but meanwhile I think we can move on with the main game, yes?


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

I got a great laugh out of Ali's proposition to Romon. My co-worker kept asking me what I was snickering about but I did not say.


Morning breaks and the forest gradually lightens..there is a ground mist and the constant drizzle is beginning to wear on you.You push on and cover the first 4 miles quickly stopping about a mile from the Fort to make final arrangements


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande leads the way from our encampment.

"Well, my friends, zis is ze last chance for any furzer intelligence," she looks to Alli, Muchorak and Romon. "I am no stranger to stealth, but you are better zan I."


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Nodding her understanding, Ali orders Lunas to remain with Big Bear, and then flows to hawk and wings off up into the air, flying high enough to be well safe of any ranged or projectile weapons but low enough to still get a good view of the overrun fort.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

The Exchange

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

"I would need to be within about 240 yards to scry within the structures, so I'll wait until we are closer. I can do so only for short intervals of time, so it might be best to identify specific buildings or areas you wish me to peer within, as we approach."

Knowledge Domain gives Marak 8 rounds of clairvoyance/clairaudience per day (CL 8, so 720 ft. range), which can be used in 1 round intervals, so he can 'peek' into one location after another.


Ali

Spoiler:
A grim fortress of dark gray stone stands sentinel over the valley, huddled desperately at the base of two sheer cliff sides.
Crumbling, fifteen-foot-high walls ring the citadel, the stone pitted and cratered from hurled boulders and ogre hooks. Like the face of a veteran with decades of winters under his belt, the fort’s craters, cracks, and scars are testament to its battle-weary history.
A stone keep, a stubborn shadow against the mountainside, rises from behind the worn walls, a single tower jutting up from its ramparts like an ugly broken tooth. Nearby, a rushing curtain of white water cascades
down the mountainside into a large pool of water just outside the fort’s walls.
You see little sign off life..a single grossly fat Ogre working over a cook pit above which roast some obviously human bodies, a second ogre atop a tall tower obviously suppossed to keep watch but just as obviously unconcerned with that task

One set off gates has been ripped off it's hinges and a crude barricade of furniture now blocks the gap..the other the main gate seems to have been crudely repaired but still hangs a little drunkenly


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Spending some more time to make sure she sees all there is to see, and even risking flying a little closer, once satisfied, Alihawk makes her way pack to her packmates and, landing and flowing to Gnome, careful describes all she has seen, drawing a map in the dirt as she does.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Ze ozzers may 'ave more information to add to zis," Esteriande considers the issues carefully. "Alli, I know you do not like fire, but would you consider 'elping us set alight some of ze buildings inside ze wall? I am zinking of ze wooden ones 'ere and 'ere," she points them out on the dirt map.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

K nature (for determining how much of a forest fire risk lighting some of the buildings in the fort might be): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Assuming she can at least tell and doesn't feel the risk is too big...

Hesitating for some time and clearly thinking hard about it before she answers, Ali finally speaks, looking deep into Esteriande's eyes as she does "Well, yes, it be true, Ali no like fire very much...but, Ali no like Wolf-killers very much either, so..yes, Ali will do as you ask. How you want her to put fire on the small wood dens...build-ings?"


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"Ali, I have some small globes that you could drop from onto the buildings. I think you could carry them when you are a bird and drop them when you fly over the building. This way you could be far away when the fire starts." Inikai then holds out some small golden spheres on a string for Ali to examine. It is a necklace of fire missiles.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Ali looks at the necklace curiously and then back up and Inikai, clearly not understanding "You want Ali take neck jewel-ry and drop on one building?"


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"Yes, the jewels will explode in fire when the hit the building. I think you should just carry one or two for now, though."


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Nodding Ali replies "Ok, you show Ali what to drop on where and she do when you say."

[ooc]I'm assuming that Ali dropping the globes will be the start of the engagement? And so are we still going with the plan to have some or all of us sneak in the back way at the time? For Ali can join either side, as our pack-leaders think best. She'll be wanting to do some casting though just before we begin. Also, how many Black Arrows or other participants do we have with us?"[/b]


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"We must give zem a chance to leave peaceably," Esteriande declares firmly. "If zey fail to do so, zen we will 'ave to resort to lethal means."


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Ali frowns, clearly not agreeing with her pack-leader She "They no leave just because Pretty Friend Esteriande ask them. Ali will be in sky, and maybe Esteriande can...how say this? Can speak to Ali from ground to air? Maybe do something Ali can see? So Ali know when to drop balls that make fire."


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon checks his weapons, especially his bow and arrows.

Potentially we've got 'lu, Jako and his two underlings. Wellard, how are they equipped?


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Wellard posted their equipment lists in the discussion thread (or here, can't recall, but he posted them).

"If we follow ze plan we 'ad earlier, you will see me turn and race from ze gates wiz ze ogres shooting or running after me."


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
Alisebett wrote:
Ali frowns, clearly not agreeing with her pack-leader She "They no leave just because Pretty Friend Esteriande ask them. Ali will be in sky, and maybe Esteriande can...how say this? Can speak to Ali from ground to air? Maybe do something Ali can see? So Ali know when to drop balls that make fire."

"We can take off our cloaks and wave them around our heads. Would that work?"


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Got them

Romon grins. "Or we could drop our pants and wave our arses at them."


I gave you the Arrows Equipment half way down Page 18


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)
Romon wrote:

Got them

Romon grins. "Or we could drop our pants and wave our arses at them."

"Lets not."


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7
Esteriande d'Litran wrote:

Wellard posted their equipment lists in the discussion thread (or here, can't recall, but he posted them).

"If we follow ze plan we 'ad earlier, you will see me turn and race from ze gates wiz ze ogres shooting or running after me."

"Yes, ok, Ali drop balls of fire when she see you run. But you run Fast,yes yes?"

Sbe then turns again to Inikai and, somewhat nervously, holds out her hands to receive two of the balls. When she has them, she very carefully places them in two of her pockets.

Assuming we're all ready to begin...

As the others make their final preparations, Ali begins making hers as well. Calling Lunas and Little Bear over to her, she first grabs them tightly around the necks, burying her face in their fur and murmuring words of love and affection and cautioning them to fight well and stay safe in the battle ahead. She then begins casting a series of spells on them to help improve their prowess and protection.

Finally, as Esteriande begins to walk towards the fort, Ali calls upon the power of the Land once more, this time to summon even more allies for the fight. As the three canines appear, Ali quickly gathers them together and gives them instructions, ordering one of them each to follow, fight alongside and protect Roman, Naria and Marak. As they wolves move to stand behind their assigned two-legs, Ali tells Lunas to follow and protect Esteriande. Giving him a last hug and kiss the wolf then lopes out to catch up with the Paladin. Ali waves to her friends, and wishes them all a safe battle. She then carefully takes out the globes and places them on the ground, flows to hawk, picks up the globes in her claws and swiftly wings up to over the fort, locating the first of the buildings she was instructed to drop the balls on top of.

Casts:
-Barkskin on Little Bear, Lunas
-Bears Endurance on Little Bear and Lunas
-Greater Magic Fang on Lunas
-Summon Nature's Ally II calling 1 wolf
-Summon Nature's Ally III calling 1d3 ⇒ 1 wolves Damn it!
-Summon Nature's Ally III calling 1d3 ⇒ 1 wolves ^%#&@%!

So the way I'm picturing this is Ali is casting all these at the last possible moment, saving the summonings until the last second. So Romon, Naria and Marak, you can all consider yourselves as having a Wolf Companion and as long as its ok with Wellard, and you wish to, I'll let you control them for the 9 rounds they'll be here. I'll still control Lunas.

Wolf:

Wolf CR 1

XP 400
N Medium animal
Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +8
DEFENSE

AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 13 (2d8+4)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
OFFENSE

Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d6+1 plus trip)
STATISTICS

Str 13, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 14 (18 vs. trip)
Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Perception +8, Stealth +6, Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking); Racial Modifiers +4 Survival when tracking by scent


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"I will be swift, I will be on Greyfog 'ere," she pats the horse's flanks affectionately.

Esteriande will don the gloves of arrow-snaring and wait for the other scouts to return, and distribute her +1 giant bane arrows among the archers, so that they can lay an ambush if the ogres pursue Esteriande.


I would hold back on the summonings for the moment they will fade before any significant combat occurs otherwise

Jakardos and Shalelu take the arrows from Esteriande and fade into the trees.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Ok, well, I guess Ali doesn't have to actually be in the air until Esteriande is running back from the fort, as in hawk form she can fly there in seconds. Lunas still goes with the Paladin and all the rest of the spells are still cast as late as possible.


Esteriande...it's your play M'Lady

901 to 950 of 2,785 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.