Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre

Game Master Wellard


851 to 900 of 2,785 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Wellard:
Romon will very sympathetically and sensitively say he's sorry for Jako's loss.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande returns from her discussions with the former Black Arrows furnished with a rough map outlining the various points of the keep.

Map Scale is one square = 20'

"While I know many of you will disagree, I cannot countenance an assault upon ze fort wizzout giving ze ogres ze opportunity to surrender. 'owever, I am aware zat zey will likely use such an act to zeir advantage and our regret, so 'ere is what I propose..."

Esteriande outlines her plan in several stages:

Stage #1: Esteriande approaches the castle on Greyfog, wearing the gloves of arrow snatching. She hails the keep at the southern gates, and calls on the ogres to surrender and leave the keep. If the ogres attack her (which is very likely) she will retreat, drawing them into an ambush from the Black Arrows and Shelalu, and the party themselves. To this end she offers up seven giant-bane arrows for their use in the ambush. She also makes clear that she will assist with finances to outfit the Black Arraws with adequate weapons and armour, such as can be found or made available.

Stage #2: The Black Arrows and Shelalu then move make a diversionary attack, arcing fire-arrows over the walls onto the wooden buildings: the barracks, cook-house and stables. This should keep the attention of the ogres on the outside and hopefully northern section of the keep. This group should retreat if the ogres sally forth after them, and harry their attackers from range.

Stage #3: The rest of the party will infiltrate the tunnels behind the keep under cover of the diversion. They will enter the keep from behind and below, and seize it from the ogres while barring it from the inside. Should the party be defeated they will retreat and regroup in the tunnels. If they seize the keep and have control, Esteriande will signal from the roof with a lance of light.

Stage #4: If the ogres attack the keep, the party can defend it and resupply from the tunnels, and use them to flank any attackers. At this stage, the ogres will likely abandon the fort completely. If they retreat, they can be harried back to hook mountain if the party have the means and ammunition.

Stage #5: The fort can be consolidated once the party has control, and any breaches repaired in case they attempt to retake it.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon frowns. "The ambush is well enough. But I'm not sure about this diversion. If you set all those buildings on fire the courtyard will be lit up clear as day and we've got to cross right next to the barracks to get to the door to the keep. These guys are dim, but they still have eyes."

He studies the map some more. "Why don't the walls surround the keep?"


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"You misunderstand, mon amor," Esteriande points to the cave behind the keep labelled 'Route to Keep Cellar' on the map. "According to ze black arrows, ze tunnel 'ere leads down into ze dungeon of ze keep. We do not enter ze courtyard at all but instead can enter below, unnoticed."

"As for ze walls, zey back onto ze cliff face."


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria does shake her head at the idea of asking the Ogres to surrender.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

missed that. thanks.

"Into the dungeon? I've made it my life's work to stay clear of such places. But for you, I'll go."[b] He sticks is tongue into his cheek so that it bumps out. Then he turns serious. [b]"You're lucky to have me along. No doubt that route will be heavily trapped. Maybe Jako knows how?"


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"I did not ask, speak to 'im about it, please," Esteriande nods gratefully. "I know zat with you checking a'ead of us, we need not fear zat threat at least."

The Exchange

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

"Rather than risk one of our own, on seeking their surrender, and providing a distraction, perhaps I could summon a hound archon, or some lantern archons, to both offer them a chance to quit the fort, and to retaliate and provide a distraction if they violently refuse?" Marak offers.

"They will only last a short time, but I don't expect the ogres to spend much time in thoughtful deliberation upon the terms of surrender..."

"While the ogres face the archons, we can make haste, perhaps even with the benefit of magical haste, to rush into the tunnels faster than they can move to stop us from taking up a defensible position."

"I don't believe that we have much chance of moving stealthily into position, as some of us have no talent for such subtle movement, so a mad dash seems more likely to get us into position, barring any unfortunate traps arresting our forward movement..."

"Perhaps, whatever we do, Romon could scout ahead, with Ali watching from on high, to help assure his safety. Perhaps he will discover some factor that will offer us a greater opportunity, or require us to modify our own plans."

Marak has now officially talked more than ever before, I think...


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Muchorak also, 'e is a skilled outdoorsman and 'e knows ogres," Estreriand nods thoughtfully.

"I am zinking to deplete ze ogres at ze southern end where we must try and gain entry at ze waterfall, zen drawing ze attention of ze remainder to ze north of ze fort. Zat way we may gain entry unnoticed, per'aps."


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"What if the ogres feign surrender? They might be capable of a ruse of their own get some of their number in our midst while the rest attack us from a flanking position. It does seem unlikely, though."

"The dutchess of the Bazaar of Sails gave be a gift of golden globes that explode in fire when thrown. I wonder if Ali would consent to fly over the fort and drop one on the ogres. Knowing her aversion to fire, I doubt it."

"On the whole, I am in accord with your plan" he says to Esteriende.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

You could always just tell her to drop them without saying what they do. She might be a little miffed after but, well, just sayin' ; )


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"I don't know, she does not mind fire if it is restrained," Esteriande muses. "It may prove useful to drop on ze wooden buildings wizin ze walls as the fire cannot spread from zere to the forest."

The Exchange

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

"On the other hand, we chose not to burn the previous ogre-infested buildings down, because we didn't want to risk killing any prisoners they might be saving for a later dinner. Are we sure that they have no prisoners here at the fort?"

"I can attempt to check the buildings first, if we can get within 700 ft. or so, using the remote viewing ability Nethys grants me."

Or the Black Arrows might have already declared that everyone else was dead, and there were no potential prisoners to save, and I missed it. I am a bit fuzzy on that. :)


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Zat would tell us a great deal," Esteriande muses. "We'll regard zis plan as provisional, if we gain better intelligence we can review it zen. If better opportunities present, we can take zem."


The Arrows agree that drawing the Ogres out into an ambush would be a practicable plan..the Kreegs don't even like each other so it's doubtful that one group would support another.

They don't hold out much hope for there being any survivors.

Turtle back ferry doesn't really hold a great deal of useful equipment for adventurers but has a few items for sale,

+1 Leather

+1 Shortsword.

+2 ghost touch Handaxe

Cloak of Resistance +2


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

How about mundane equipment - masterwork long bows, swords, chain shirts etc? They may well have supplied the Black Arrows from time to time.


Your three new companions are equipped as follows..the updated Anniversary edition makes some significant changes to their equipment

Jakardros. Studded leather, +1shocking Comp.Long bow, Mwk Longsword

Also Kibb seesm to have metamorphosed from a bear into a Firepelt..

Vale: Chainmail, +1 Battle Axe, +1hand Axe, Composite Longbow

Kaven, +1 Leather, +1 rapier, Mwk Dagger, Comp Longbow, Ring of Protection +1


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

gotta love when they change things like that. I'd like to get the anniversary edition but I just don't know if it's worth it.


More than worth it in my opinion..for a number off reasons, one being its easier to check back on things in one book than in 6 seperate ones the additional material enhances the adventure including the pictures of the characters(Like Shayliss..who it turns out is Lindsay Lohan ..sorry Romon) we didnt get before..in addition Turtleback Ferry finally gets a map and that's just the tip off the iceberg


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

You are all talking about the anniversary edition of Rise of the Rune Lords? Or something else?


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

As we seem to have settled on a plan, and our allies are recuperating well and have their equipment, Esteriande will suggest an early night before setting out before dawn the next day to scout and take action.


yes the 5th Anniversary RotRL book

Ali and Muchorak spend a night under the stars hunting for Ogre sign but finding none within a reasonable distance off the Farm


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

I think the plan is to ride by the farm, collect Muchorak and Alli, and progress on to the fort, scouting ahead of us as we go. Once there Romon, Alli and Muchorak can scout the perimeter of the fort and let us know what they can see.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Sounds good to me.


It's raining again..but that's to be expected in this part of the world in the Fall. You ride up to the farm and meet up with your comrades who report no sign of Ogres in the vicinity then head back on up the road towards the fort with Shalelu and the arrows covering your flanks Muchorak and Romon scouting ahead and Ali providing Aerial Recconisance.

making your way up into the hills through the Kreegwood you become ever more wary of each sound each shadow that might conceal an enemy

Note:I should have mentioned previously that the Arrows tell you that the secret tunnels of the Fort are infested with Shocker lizards.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Assuming the others inform Ali and Muchorak of the details and the plan...

Knowledge Nature on Shocker Lizards 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon will certainly tell them the plan. He likes to talk.

The rogue follows Muchorak closely and watches what the Shoanti does and looks for.

At dinner one night he asks Esteriande, "Do you think my mother ever rode out through the wildlands when she was young? " The question may really be a more general one about how elflike a trip like this is.


You only have one night on the road..a stop about 5 miles from the Fort which is 20 miles or so from the Ferry.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"It is possible, mon amor, most of us elven folk love to walk under ze trees, even when we live in ze city."

We shall try and set up a muted, concealed camp, something I am sure our ranger and druid can arrange.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon nods. "Trees are ok, but there's just not a lot to do out here."


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

When the campsite is properly settled and camouflaged Inikai addresses the group."I will need a short period of some solitude to prepare for tomorrow. It will only take a little while but I know that none of us can go about alone, in case there are enemies lurking. Muchorak, would you take a short walk with me for this?"


The forest is quite silent..not even a owls hoot to break it.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak nods at Inikai, "What kind of area do you need?"

He then leads on looking for something suitable for Inikai.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 Survival
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 Knowledge Nature

Also Wellard anything for Knowledge check above on Shocker Lizards?


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
Muchorak "Windstriker" wrote:

Muchorak nods at Inikai, "What kind of area do you need?"

He then leads on looking for something suitable for Inikai.

1d20+13 Survival
1d20+11 Knowledge Nature

"Just something with some flat ground at least two paces across and where it would not have cover for enemies to take us unaware."

Muchorak/Wellard

Spoiler:

Assuming nothing happens en route this should only be a walk of under five minutes distance, then five minutes of magic and a return.

On the way Inikai explains in Shoanti "My magic is looked on askance by some of those who practice other forms of the Art. But really it is much like arguing the best type of sword and how to wield one. I am not sure how Esteriende, Marak or Naria would react to the way I work my craft because it is seen as unorthodox in some ways. Truthfully, I think that organized groups see it as a threat to their hold on power if someone has access to something they do not control."

"I would trust Marak with my life, he is true brother in arms. My concern is that he might lose some respect for me. I would rather talk openly about my power to him as one friend to antother, but in a place of ease, not where there are foes to be fought. It would be better to speak of this over a meal and some ale."

"Esteriende is a paladin of Shelyn and is an officer of the law in some respects. But she is no unthinking Hellkinght. I understand her code, I believe, and I think she could be convinced that what I do is not some affront to established order. Of course, the fact that she is from Galt makes that sound funny to say. She wears her heart on her sleeve and I believe that she, too, would be understanding I get the chance to explain myself to her."

"Naria would probably see my magic as a curiosity but I don't know her well enough yet."

Will post more later


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

"So what you think those two are up to? Naria asks the others after Inikai and Muchorak leave


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande shrugs, her curiosity is piqued but her good manner forbid she intrude.

"It is zeir business," she replies thoughtfully. "I am sure if it 'as bearing on us, zey will tell us so."


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

"Wizard's are a mysterious lot, and Inikai holds his cards closer to his periapt than most. I think he's worried we'll see his lips move while he's meditating on spells and we'll tease him for it."

Romon suddenly brightens. "If you want, I'll check up on them. We wouldn't want a dangerous animal to kill them without us knowing."


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

"Nah leave it. they probably havent gone far and I'm pretty sure we would hear an animal trying to kill em."


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Earlier, at the Burned Ogrekin Clearing

That night, Ali sleeps deep and dreams many dreams. As she has several times before, she dreams of the Land coming to her, in it's form without shape. She dreams of the Land guiding her, shaping her flesh as if it were melted wax, making her bigger, stronger. She also dreams of communicating to the Land what she wished to do in the place where the wolf-killers had been. And she smiles and she dreams of the Land's pleasure in her wish, and It granting her the ability to do so.

Waking up bright and early the next morning, Ali is so excited she can barely speak, and using the new knowledge granted her by the Land, she casts an unusual spell. Once she feels the magic overtake her, she shouts to Big Bear and her four-legged brothers saying loudly and brimming with exuberence "Watch This!" And then she simply begins to walk. Yet nothing is simple about what happens when she does. For with each and every footstep she takes, full grown hedges and beautiful flowers immediately spring up to life behind her!.

Laughing in pure delight at this miraculous ability she has been granted, Ali begins walking in an elaborate pattern, eventually creating an elaborate and fantastic maze of plants and flowers, covering almost the entirety of the clearing. Occasionally she flows to hawk and takes to the air, flying over her creation to make she she is getting it just so, before landing where she had been and continuing.

When finally finished, after almost an hour and a half of precision walking, an exhausted but gloriously happy Ali approaches Big Bear and their two companions saying with a laugh and bright sparkle in her eye "So, what do you think?? Ali do very very good, yes yes??"

When the others arrive to pick them up, she runs up to them and with great excitement shows them what she has made.

Ali casts Blossoming Footsteps. The maze is similar to the one in the picture but much prettier, with many more wild and exotic flowers. Using Create Water she also includes in the maze areas to sit and rest, and areas with pools, for drinking, splashing and/or bathing. Her intention was to create a place of natural beauty to complete eliminate all the horror which this bit of the Land had borne for so long. It'd be great if she managed to instill some Divine quality that refreshed visitors or some such as well. Wellard?? Any boons from a grateful LAND ; )

NOW

Landing once the party stops for the day and flowing back to Gnome, Ali also looks on curiously when Icky asks Big Bear to go off with him alone. She doesn't think much of it but when Romon suggests following after them Ali perks up and says in all innocence "Ali make sure they be safe!" before flowing back to hawk form and leaping into the sky.
Quickly catching up to the other two, Alihawk, not wanting to disturb their privacy, stays high up in the sky, and circles about, playing lazily on the breezes and keeping an eye on her two packmates below.


Murchorak

Shocker Lizards are small Reptiles with the ability to stun their prey with an electrical discharge.En-Masse they are much more dangerous as the combined discharges can kill


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Wellard/Muchorak

Spoiler:

After a few minutes walk Inikai crouches by a flat area of exposed stone on the ground. He takes out a piece of chalk and draws a rough circle about five feet across and fills it with a simple but detailed design. As he stands he tells Muchorak "I am going to summon a being that lends me power. No matter what it says or does, it cannot take any action and what you see will be nothing more than an image."

He waits a moment to see if Muchorak has any reactions and, if not, he calls out to the empty air above the drawing. "Andras the Gray Knight, I call you here to offer you respite from the nothingness of the Void. Lend me your might against the betrayers and the oppressers. I will turn friends to foes, and shake the proud from their thrones if you appear before me."

After the space of ten breaths a figure materializes inside the drawing. It is an owl-headed humanoid holding a lance and a banner of gray on a pennant. He rides a beast that seems more wolf than horse and sits lazily in a saddle, almost slouching. A sword hangs from a scabbard on his belt and he armored in baroque plate. But the overall effect he strikes is lessened by the suggestion of lassitude.

More later


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7
Romon wrote:

"Wizard's are a mysterious lot, and Inikai holds his cards closer to his periapt than most. I think he's worried we'll see his lips move while he's meditating on spells and we'll tease him for it."

"If you want, I'll check up on them. We wouldn't want a dangerous animal to kill them without us knowing."

"I would put my money on Muchorak, not ze animal. You are correct, zough, Inikai is more inclined zan ozzer wizards I 'ave met to keep 'is secrets. No matter, I 'ave sensed no evil from 'im, and 'e is a good friend and ally. Were 'is powers from an infernal or diabolical source, I would know, beyond zat, I care not."


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Wellard/Muchorak

Spoiler:

Binding Check
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Inikai and Andras (the owl-headed man) begin to converse in Shoanti but the latter's strange accent makes him difficult to understand. For his part, Inikai offers to be a conduit for Andras to experience the world again. Andras initially demands that Inikai travel immediately to the nearest elven settlement and act as his instrument of vengance for some past offense that he does not see fit to explain. When Inikai forcefully refuses Andras gives up his request in a tone of resignation. He then acceeds to the initial offer and quickly fades into nothingness. The entire affair had lasted barely a minute.

"I must give them something in exchange for the use of their power, but it is nothing compared to the tales of sorcerers who bargain their souls to devils. Although I imagine that there are fools who do that. All that I give these beings is a chance to see, hear and feel the mortal world again. It is some form of respite from their state of non-existence. If the price were any higher I would not pay it. On occasion I have been moved slightly to distraction by one of these spirits but that was when I was not so strong in my craft."

"I am going to call another such being, a vestige as they are called. This will be the first time that I have attempted to bind two of them. I am confident that this is within my power but if I am to be surprised I wanted to have a steady friend nearby. I hope you understand."

Binding Check 2
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

With that Inikai takes a rag out of his pouch and wets it with some water from his flask. He then uses the wet rag to wipe away the inner markings of the chalk circle and then he draws new ones inside it. When this is complete he calls out to the darkness again "Come Amon, the Void Before the Altar."

In response to Inikai's voice smoke starts to waft up from the circle despite the lack of fire in it. It billows out the edge of the drawing and obscures it for a moment before thinning out to reveal a horned ram with dark black fur and a serpent-headed tail. The ram growls like a carnivorous beast and sparks of flame crackle from its mouth as it speaks in a human voice. "Whore-son, who are you to call me? Kneel and pledge your live to me! Revere my name with your filth-soiled lips!"

For a moment Inikai stands with his arms crossed across his chest and his head slightly downwardly inclined toward the ram-being. His bearing suggests an almost dismisive insolence toward his unwilling guest. then he simply says "No."

Amon's voice explodes in a torrent of invective. Smoke and whisps of flame pour forth from his mouth along with his abuse and his serpent tail lashes forward as if to strike. But Inikai simply responds with another refusal. "I will give you the light that comes through my eyes, the sounds through my ears, taste of food and drink, smells and the feeling of all that I touch, nothing more. If some recognize your fire in the world again it might rekindle your name among mortals. What more could you want that that?"

But Amon responds with furious calumny. He barks out foulness, smoke and fire from his ram's head and his snake's head spits litteral and figurative venom at Inikai. Once again smoke spreads outward from the seal and hides Amon from view. The smoke clears with a supernatural quickness and when it is gone there is no sign of Amon in the circle.

Inikai turns to Muchorak and says "I am grateful that you stood nearby me for that. If I were alone I am not sure I would have been able to face Amon like that, let alone to try mastering two vestiges at once. I just need a moment to clean this drawing up." And with that he wipes away the chalk markings on the rock. Curiously, there is no smell that smoke had ever blown in the air and it has left no mark on the cround. Nor are there any prints that would indicate that Amon and Andras (on his steed) had stood on this spot.

Inikai extends his hand and offers his thanks again. "I don't want to keep this a secret from any of my friends. I just want to be sure that I can explain it to them in the best of circumstances and speak honestly when I do."


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Wellard/Inikai:

Muchorak takes the walk in silence more focused on the terrain and area around them. As Inikai describes what is he must do the shoanti thinks nothing much of it; the shamans of his tribe would call to the elements for aid in times or in daily practices like when the rain season had been too far gone.

But as he see's the act begin he can't help but reach for his blades; he stands torn wanting to slash at the beings in the circle or at Inikai for calling forth such monstrous things.

When it is all done he doesn't take the hand offered instead he stands firm looking at his old friend as if waiting to see some demon control him and make its presence evident. "You will explain to the others what it is you do." His voice firm and not asking. "I have not seen such things done but my ancestors told of such things; a craft that came with the would be conquerors who took our land."

He then motions in the direction they need travel to return to the group and follows Inikai back in silence.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Wellard/Muchorak

Spoiler:
Muchorak's refusal to shake hands cuts Iniaki deeply and he stands dejectedly with his shoulders slumped and head down. He wants to protest that his art is not akin to the Chelexian devil-binding that Muchorak likened it to. But he finds that his voice wont make itself heard and he has difficulty looking at his friend. It is as if Muchorak had channeled the spirit of Inikai's father to castigate him. He follows the ranger silently back to the camp. The return walk seems far longer.

Ouch! Wow, Azoun, you really do have Muchorak down pat. I should have seen this coming.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

From her aerial view, Alihawk at first thinks nothing of the two stopping and Icky drawing something on the ground. As the first, and then the especially the second creatures are summoned however, the wild Gnome feels great alarm. Her first instinct is to dive down and attack these strange creatures which seem to threaten her friend and pack-mate, but seeing Big Bear not react in such a fashion gives her hesitation. She has no idea what is going on, but as, after a few moments, neither of her packmates seem in danger, she continues to simply fly and watch.

She observes some form of interaction between the two, leaving Big Bear seeming angry, and Icky seeming upset. She herself has ill feelings towards Icky based on what she observed, but she most certainly feels a great sense of confusion and trepidation.

Continuing to track their course back to the others, she lands when they arrive and, with big eyes, waits and watches for some sort of explanation as to what, exactly, is going on.


Note to Muchorak

Spoiler:
Actually having given the matter some thought I would have said that spirit binding would be something the Shoanti would understand perhaps better than others..I would think Binders would be rare but not unknown among the clans ..but as this is probably Muchoraks first encounter with the power he reacted instinctively..perhaps once he has time to think this over he will realise the differences. But I have no problem with the way you are playing it and would not presume to dictate your RP..just offering my take on things..


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Wellard/Inikai:

Thanks, and I see what you are saying Wellard. But from his station in a clan he wouldn't be within the 'tents' where the shamans would summon such things. In most cases he'd probably see the wind move more or the elements actually listen to the shaman. Then there is the part of how these vistages were described. Kinda monstrous. Not peaceful creatures or just appearing to be a simple animal.

He's not outright against Inikai, after all he has been a friend amongst this party, and someone who understands him and his ways. So he is willing to let Inikai speak; he just feels that after what he has seen and what Inikai expressed the time is now for his 'secret' to be out. Time for trust so to speak.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria looks up as the pair return "So how did it go?" She asks


Muchorak

Spoiler:
Yes..that's prety much what I thought his reaction would be based on..he's just a warrior and the mysteries are a closed book to him

851 to 900 of 2,785 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.