Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre

Game Master Wellard


751 to 800 of 2,785 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

[00c]I'm holding back waiting for Ali to respond to my spoiler first..btw there will be a short hiatus after the Graul farm is finished while I switch over to the Anniversary edition..I also have paizo con Uk coming up and am taking the family away for a few days before that so will be out of touch for a week or so in about two weeks time[/ooc]


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

coolio


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Well, she can't reply in wolf form, and it didn't really seem significant, or that it would illicit more than an "Oh...ah, ok" from the others. And since Muchorak already opened the door...but...ok

Continuing to sniff around a bit more, Ali finally flows to Gnome form and says without preamble "Ali smell...plants?" clearly confused herself, she remains in two leg form while she thinks on if she has smelt the like before.

K nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak shudders at the thought of what sort of plant life could dwell in this lightless place, subsisting on human offal and ogre waste.

"Some sort of loathsome ambulatory fungus, no doubt..." he mutters. "On second thought, that's not nearly shockingly horrible enough for this place."


This damp, steamy room reeks of rotting vegetable matter. Pools of mud and stagnant water dot the mossy floor, and the walls are caked with thick swaths of puffy fungus and mold.

Ali

Spoiler:
You remember a nasty plant that tried to grab you when you were newly awakened


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Ali also shudders "Yes...Ali remember yucky, nasty plant thingy that try grab Ali when she first wake in...this time. After...before time."

Peering ahead into the gloom, the usually fearless wild druid says hesitently "Maybe we no need go this way?"


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon looks over the room. "Not my kind of place. Muchorak, do you think anyone's been in there recently?"

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Map update

Esteriande advances cautiously toward the doors opposite in a state of alertness Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26. When she reaches them she waits for Romon to pronounce them clear. If/when he does so, she whispers a soft prayer. As she does so, her sword begins to glow, and flickering flames run up and down the curved blade.

Using divine bond to add flaming property to her curveblade.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

"You know by this point it's probably safe to burn this place down?"


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"I have to agree. These savages would not keep anyone alive once they brought them inside this place. 'Cleanse it with fire' as they say."


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"When we know for sure," Esteriande agrees. "Before we do, we should remove ze remains of zeir victims and inter zem with dignity. Zey deserve zat, no matter zeir lives, for ze 'orrer zey must 'ave suffered."


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak nods at Esteriandes' words, reaffirms his grip on his blades and cautiously enters the room...

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Somewhat nervous, Ali stays in Gnome form but determinadly moves forward with the others, just behind Esteriande, Lunas close on her heels, growling low in his throat


the Room is really more of a wide corridor stretching 20 feet or so to a second set off doors which Romon checks and pronounces clear.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande takes her position with Alli behind her and Muchorak at her side, and thrusts the doors open, letting her glowing blade illuminate what lies beyond. Does she detect evil?


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Behind Esteriande's back, Romon rolls his eyes for Inikai's and Naria's benefit, but he quickly, almost eagerly, limbers up his bow and falls in behind the paladin when she moves ahead.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Romon's expression brings a smirk and a stiffled near-laugh to Inikai's face but, none the less, he remains tensed for bloodshed.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Nariya attempts a small smile but it seems somewhat forced the atmposphere of the place really getting to her.


There is indeed Evil here the fungal growth is much heavier but the more pressing need for attention goes to the huge mass of undulating vines that pulsates in the middle of a large chamber. tendrils snake outwards questing to grab you.

Esteriande 26
Naria 23
Romon 22
Inakai 18
Muchorak 13
Ali 10
Plant Thing 8
Marak 4


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

"......... Is that shockingly terrible enough Marak?" Naria asks as she casts haste on the group


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

K nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Time to Smiiiiiite Eeeeeeeevil!

Final map (almost)

Esteriande springs to the attack, though not recklessly; she maintains her guard as she darts in to strike low on the trunk of the pulsating vegetable.

Combat Expertise, Power Attack and Furious Focus with smite evil. AC to 29 vs the giant veggie.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 Damage: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29 + Fire 1d6 ⇒ 2

Threat Confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 Damage: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Edit: Forgot those two attack rolls have an additional +3 from the smite evil effect, so they should be 32 to hit and 18 on the threat confirm.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai lashes out with his sword at the unnatural tendrils that threaten the Comtess. But he does not associate plants with evil and thus fails to smite the vines with the power of Andras.

Attack
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Extra Hasted Attack
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Ali does not know what the plant is (its DC17 to know)but it's definitely like the one who tried to grab her years ago

Esteriande cuts deep into the loathsome vegetation but not as far as she would have liked(no Crit)

Inikai's attacks both miss.Romon Muchorak and Ali are up


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak steps into the room (preferable into a flanking position if possible without provoking AoO) and swings on the plant thing...

+1 Adamantite Longsword with Power Attack 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 to hit; 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 for damage

If he was able to get flanking I didn't include that with the attack so a possible 30 to hit.


No Flanking yet..its huge..

Muchorak deals a telling blow to the vegetative Monster

(total damage so far 46)


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

"A bit to the right, please!" Romon requests before releasing the arrow nocked on his bowstring.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 ... damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Already added in point blank shot.


Romons shot bounces off the thick fungal carapace.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

The trauma of her childhood memory causes her to pause, and react much slower than she normally would, yet seeing her pack rush in to fight the plant creature snaps her out of it and Ali flows to wolf, rushing in to the attack, Lunas right by her side.

Ali attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18 Damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Lunas attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Round 1 Initiative 10
AC 22 HP 69/69
Buffs: Barkskin, Haste
Special:
Spells left: 5/5 1st, 0/4 2nd, 1/2 3rd

Lunas
AC 23 HP 49/49
Buffs: Barkskin, Greater Magic Fang, Haste
Special:


The teeth of the wolves fail to damage the strange growth.


The Plant thing lashes out with two thick tentacles and attempts to bite Ali with a gaping maw.As it does the slash Muchorak opened up begins to close.

Damage now 36

Tentacle 1[Esteriande]1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Tentacle 1[Muchorak]1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Bite[Ali] 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Both tentacles miss by miles but the snapping mouth barely misses the little wolf


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Doesn't Muchorak get a second attack?

This is worse than Clem. My arrow didn't penetrate and it's healing those cuts Muchorak made.

Romon slips Callie's wand out of his sleeve and tries to cast with it as he steps closer to the plant thing.

Wand of shocking grasp. UMD v DC 20. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Not going to try to get behind this thing. Acrobatics in case I provoke AoO moving closer.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32

His hand crackles with electrical power. As a tentacle passes by he snatches at it with the empowered hand.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 v touch AC.... damage 1d6 ⇒ 2


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Bolstered by the haste Esteriande unleashes a flurry of attacks (as before, using Combat Expertise, Power Attack and Furious Focus):

Attack #1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35 Damage: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28 + Fire 1d6 ⇒ 5

Attack #Haste: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33 Damage: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21 + Fire 1d6 ⇒ 2

Attack #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Damage: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29 + Fire 1d6 ⇒ 4

Sweet Shelyn three threats?

Threat Confirm #1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 Damage: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26

Threat Confirm #Haste: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33 Damage: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26

Threat Confirm #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Damage: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28

That's going to sting...


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Forgot the +1 to hit from Naria's haste in the above posts.

Yow, Dabbler!


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

In desperation, Inikai steps in and chops at the plant again.

Attack 1
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Attack 2
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Crit confirmation
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Damage for first attack
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Extra damage if it is a critical hit
1d8 ⇒ 5

A natural 20 and a 1 on consecutive attacks, I don't know how to feel about that.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria unleasehes a storm of magic missiles on the thing

4d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 1) + 4 = 10


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Watching the wound begin to heal while the creature continues to fight Muchorak begins to wonder how they will keep the beast down. "If it can heal like this how do we keep it dead once it stops moving?" The Shoanti yells as he swings on the creature...

HP 76
I believe Muchorak is no longer under the effects of shield other? If so his AC goes up by one.
AC 21

+1 Adamantite Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 hit; 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 damage
+1 Keen Shortsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 hit; 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 damage
+1 Adamantite Longsword 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 hit; 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 damage
+1 Keen Shortsword 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 hit; 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 damage
Haste Attack
+1 Adamantite Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 hit; 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 damage

Crit Confirms
+1 Adamantite Longsword 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 hit; 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 damage
+1 Keen Shortsword 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 hit; 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 damage


Esteriande turns the creature, whatever it is, into salad..it seems to be unable to regenerate damage from fire..

[145 damage on that round from her alone..]


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"What ze 'ell is - was - zis zing?" Esteriande pauses, looking down at the salad bar. "Somezing very odd, whatever it was." She looks around to see if there is anything else in the basement.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"Hopefully there are no more rooms to this house so that we can just burn the place."


There is a small door to your right apart from that this room holds nothing off note.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

"Perhaps the last door to this place?"


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

"Oh gods lets hope so."


Romon goes through his normal routine.The door is unlocked and the room beyond contains a single large chest which sits open.

Inside you find.

an agate-studded goldring worth 75 gp,
a necklace of emeralds and silver worth 475 gp,
a pair of small leather gloves studded with pearls (actually gloves of arrow snaring),
a large sack filled with assorted coins (315 gp, 678 sp, and 162 cp),
a ruby-inlaid red dragon-scale cloak clasp worth 900 gp.

There is a large amount of relatively worn Human sized Equipment here presumably taken from the prisoners. Most off it is off no real worth but the prize item is a +1 Shocking Longbow.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Ah, our friend Jakardros Sovark's bow no doubt, 'e mentioned it," Esteriande nods thoughtfully. "It should be returned to 'im. I 'ave no doubt that with some restoration he will wish to assist us in investigating Fort Rannick. Zere will doubtless be other prizes a'ead of us, but I can see few oportunities for allies zis far from Magnimar. We must make ze most of the resources zat we 'ave."

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak's eyes glow with golden light as he seeks out the traces of magical dweomers.

detect magic

He notes the bow and gloves as having magical properties.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"The Grauls at the fortress will probably be more formidable than the ones that we encountered here. At least, it strikes me that they would leave the less capable ones at the 'homestead', such as it is."


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

"Well, this is more like it," Romon mutters as he looks over the chest of loot. Too bad the lid was open. If it had been closed I might have been able to palm that brooch.

Esteriande d'Litran wrote:
"Ah, our friend Jakardros Sovark's bow no doubt, 'e mentioned it," Esteriande nods thoughtfully. "It should be returned to 'im. I 'ave no doubt that with some restoration he will wish to assist us in investigating Fort Rannick. Zere will doubtless be other prizes a'ead of us, but I can see few oportunities for allies zis far from Magnimar. We must make ze most of the resources zat we 'ave."

"If we're going to catch Jakardos and company we'd best hurry. They're probably trying to put as much ground between themselves and this house as possible." He spins for the door. "I want another look around the fat lady's room before we go."

Romon makes for the stairs. His intention is a "take 20" search of Mama's bedroom. He's convinced as probable gangleader she'll have an extra stach of loot somewhere.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Zey will be 'eading toward Turtleback Ferry, we can find zem zere - one thing we will not do is attack Fort Rannick today. We must stop, re-arm, plan and prepare now we 'ave intelligence on ze situation," Esteriande sighs. "I will gazzer such 'uman remains as I can, somewhere around 'ere zere must be a spade or digging tool with which to make a grave."

Esteriande goes about her sad self-appointed task with dignity, going through each room to remove the human skins, bones, and in some cases flesh and gathering them together outside. After locating a spade of some description she begins to dig a grave for the remains. She'll welcome any assistance, but works in silence. Once the grave is dug, she lays the remains there. While she largely cannot differentiate individuals from the skins, bones and butchered remains, she gives them what dignity in death that she can.

Once the remains are interred she recites several prayers over them, imploring the servants of Shellyn to take the spirits of the departed on to Pharasma's judgement, and to intercede with the judge of the dead to look with compassion upon them for the horrors they suffered.

751 to 800 of 2,785 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.