Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre

Game Master Wellard


701 to 750 of 2,785 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4
Marak Quan wrote:
Alisebett wrote:
Can't small creatures share a square with Medium or bigger ones?

We can move through each others spaces, but not end our turns in the same space, with the exception of some small races with the swarmfighting feat or racial ability, who can do that sort of thing, but only with each other. Join Marak and Naria in the back of the party! We have cookies!

You never break out the cookies when I'm at the back of the party! :-(


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Ah, you're a Thief. Just sayin' ; ) Anyway, from what I hear, you already had your hand in the 'cookie' jar, so quit yer complain'


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

lol


OK OK that's enough off that this is a PG board remember

Romon opens the Door

This low-ceilinged room features a floor of hard-packed earth stained in many places by blood and mold. A lumpy mattress lies heaped against the southwest corner, and what appear to be several half-finished chairs made of flesh and bone lie against the eastern wall.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Any other doors leading out?


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

That's it?

Romon slips inside for a quick inspection.

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


No other doors out


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Updated Map.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

South door:

Perception (traps) 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Perception (listen) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Disable Device 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31


Romon again hears nothing beyond the door and pushes it open..

It’s difficult to gauge the exact dimensions of this cluttered room, so thickly packed with old crates, broken farm equipment, and furniture as it is.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Updated Map. Again.

Esteriande gestures to the remaining door with a questioning look.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon nods and crosses to the last door.

Perception (traps) 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
Perception (listen) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Disable Device 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai looks around the room as Romon examines the door. Why would these freaks make chairs out of people? He begins to wonder about the origin and use of the mattress but a feeling of nausea stops him.

I will be away for a week starting tomorrow and might not be able to post. Please DMPC Inikai as needed.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria remains in the hallway trying to avoid looking into any of the rooms.


Romon opens the door to find himself confronted by the biggest ugliset Ogrekin male you have yet encountered...

Surprise attack 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

The wild slice with the ogre hook suceeeds in striking the daring rogue.

Damage1d10 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 then two huge rats join the party

Advanced Giant Dire Rat 1 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Advanced Giant Dire Rat 2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

And 2 DC 15 Fortitude Saves please Romon.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak should be nearby, within 5ft, so he should be able to get a full attack on the ogre I’m thinking.

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Adamantite +1 Longsword 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17 hit; 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 dmg
Keen +1 Shortsword 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31 hit; 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 dmg

Crit Confirm; Keen +1 Shortsword 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 hit; 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 dmg

Adamantite +1 Longsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 hit; 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 dmg
Keen +1 Shortsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 hit; 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 dmg


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Initative

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Will wait for Romaon to act, most likely five-foot step to swap positions with him and then Esteriande will full-attack.

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Marak winces at the damage Romon has taken, and frowns at the sight of the two giant rats. Those wounds will surely be infected... Filthy creatures.


Round 1

Graul 24..Could it be curtains for our Rogue?
Muchorak 23
Ali 18+
Romon 18
Rats 18-
Marak 14
Esteriande 11+
Inakai 11
Naria 8

The Ogre hook swings again as the Ogrekin screams ferally and Romon goes down spurting blood

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 damage1d10 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 total on Romon 53 putting him at -9(which is 2 more than his resiliency would have coped with and leaves you three rounds to save him)

Muchorak then steps up and delivers a whirlwind of slashing blows that leave the Ogrekin in his turn streaming blood.(34 damage)

Ali and Lunas are up


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Round 1 Initiative 18+
AC 21 (+4 vs Giant; +4 vs AoO's) HP 69/69
Buffs: Barkskin
Special: Big Game Hunter
Spells left: 5/5 1st, 0/4 2nd, 1/2 3rd

Lunas
AC 22 HP 49/49
Buffs: Barkskin, Greater Magic Fang
Special:

Growling in savage fury, Aliwolf races forward, leaping and using her agility and small size to get into flanking position with the giant ogrekin, whom she attacks ruthlessly.

Meanwhile Lunas also races ahead, as well attacking the ogre, trying to bring it to the ground at the same time.

Ali Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Ali attack: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 = 18 (Flank not added)
Damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Lunas attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 (Flank not added)
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Plus Trip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Ali's teeth make contact but Lunas only manages to score the Graul's boot

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak squeezes to stand behind Romon, and attempts to cast a spell defensively, converting one of his prepared spells to healing magics.

DC 21 concentration check to cast cure serious wounds defensively. Converting / replacing invisibility purge. 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Healing for Romon. 3d8 + 7 ⇒ (2, 6, 7) + 7 = 22


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande's eye's flare as Romon goes down, but Marak beats her to his aid. Instead she moves, one five-foot step to close with the graul and her blade flashes.

Power Attack, Smite Evil, may have to adjust for squeezing

Attack #1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 Damage: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23

Attack #2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 Damage: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21

Threat Confirm: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30 Damage: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23


I forgot the rats..now should I CDG Romon..nah..that would be cruel

The rats turn on Muchorak as he attacks their Master.

Rat 11d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Rat 21d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

both however Miss and the coldly raging Esteriande removes the Ogre kins head from his shoulders then cuts one rat down

Romon

Spoiler:
You find yourelf walking down a long dark tunnel towards a light which never actually seems to get any closer.The suddenly you find yourself pulled backwards away from the light and find yourself on the ground and covered with blood. A pair of shapely legs straddle your view and a wet thud is heard as your almost killer hits the ground headless


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Fort save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Fort save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

I sure hope there's no Con damage involved there or you may be re-writing that last bit , Wellard. The following post assumes no Con damage, but I'll keep it easily retcon- able.

Thanks to Marak's power, Romon opens his eyes, but he's still a ball of dull pain. He's lying on his side and a steel clad ankle fills his view. Rolling on his back his gaze slides up a calf and further skyward toward heaven.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

He can do his worshipping later...


Naria and Inikai will not be able to get close enough to the fight to get LoS on the Rats.

The remainder off this fight isn't worth running so...

Muchorak cuts the last rat into small chunks


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande immediately sinks to her knees to lay her hands on Romon's injuries.

Lay on Hands #1: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 4) = 9

Lay on Hands #2: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 5) = 12

"Mon amor, please let me open ze door next time, once you are sure it is not trapped," she implores him. "I feared you were dead," she adds softly, her eyes on the rogue.


This dark, recessed corner of the basement smells of rot and old blood. Piles of gore-spattered skin lie heaped on the floor. A horrid rubbery face robbed of its supporting skull and muscle rests on top, its toothless mouth agape and empty eyes revealing only the layer of tan flayed skin resting beneath.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4
Esteriande d'Litran wrote:

Esteriande immediately sinks to her knees to lay her hands on Romon's injuries.

Lay on Hands #1: 3d6

Lay on Hands #2: 3d6

"Mon amor, please let me open ze door next time, once you are sure it is not trapped," she implores him. "I feared you were dead," she adds softly, her eyes on the rogue.

"Yeah, sure. Next time, " Romon replies. He let's his head lie back on the ground and looks up at the paladin, holds her hand. "This is way better than dead. It will take more than Clem there to pry me away from you. What's in the room?"


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

"More savagry." The Shoanit exits the room, "We should move on if you're feeling better."


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"My dear, it may take more, but not much more," Esteriande shudders. "How are you? Still injured?" She stands and assist Romon to do likewise.

"Naria, can you see if that brute's gear has any special properties we can use? There cannot be much more to this cellar."

Updated Map


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
Muchorak "Windstriker" wrote:
"We should move on if you're feeling better."

Muchorak missed his calling; he should have gone to medical school with that bedside manner.

The suddeness of the Ogre's attack and the spray of blood from Romon's wounds shocked Inikai and left him rooted to the spot until after the carnage had ended. He silently curses himself for this and does not speak for several moments after Romon is standing again. Even when he does speak it is little more than a stammered question to Romon asking if he is strong enough to go on.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria nods and detects magic on the Body


Muchorak..Golarions answer to HOUSE

The vicious looking ogre hook radiates Magic..


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

lol; hey he's a rugged outdoor's dude who survives off the land. Figured he was at least nice enough to ask. :D


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4
Esteriande d'Litran wrote:

"My dear, it may take more, but not much more," Esteriande shudders. "How are you? Still injured?" She stands and assist Romon to do likewise.

"Naria, can you see if that brute's gear has any special properties we can use? There cannot be much more to this cellar."

Updated Map

The rogue doesn't seem to hear the big Shoanti. Romon takes Esteriande's hand and, wincing, pulls himself up to stand face to face with her. Sympathy play? Tough guy? Jester? What's going to play?

He forces a grin. "I'm fine now."

After a few moments he drags his eyes from Esteriande's face to glance into the room. "No wonder Clem was clapped in the basement. There's more house that way." He waves to the east. "If the basement is as large as the house then there might be a hidden door through there or past all that junk. How much time dowe want to spend searching?"


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Seeing Sneaky friend is ok, Aliwolf licks him once, nuzzles his leg, and then pads off to sniff out the remaining areas, searching and scenting for any sign of life or secret doors, Lunas loping along beside her.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Lunas Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Ali can provide 9hp to Romon, and everyone, once she switches back to two leg form


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

"That hook thing is magical" Naria points out to the others


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

If the party wants to take the time, Romon will search the eastern room for secret doors. If the party wants to move to the junk in the southern room and look there, Romon is fine with that, but will beg off helping move junk, because his wounds still hurt.

If needed: Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 or take 20 if the party is up for the wait.
Bluff 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26. He can spin a story when he's properly motivated and nothing motivates him like work!

Before we leave, he really wants a full "take 20" search of Mother G's room. He's convinced that as gang boss, she's got a hidden cache of loot there, easily accessible to her and safe from theft by her family.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"What do these misanthropes do here, waylay travelers and make home furnishings of them?" Inikai asks of no one in particular.

I always wanted to start an off topic thread about HGTV creating a series about selling/improving dungeons and/or villains lairs.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"If zere is a room zey do not wish ozzers to see, I zink we need to see it," she opines.

Esteriande will retrieve the hook, then assist as needed to move items or search (a 'take ten' should suffice for an Aid Another action).


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai waits for Romon to indicate that the debris is not trapped and then he pitches in moving it. All the while he wishes he had brought gloves.


There are no traps amongst the junk and indeed you uncover a door in the western wall


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Anything else from scent and/or Ali's Nat 20?


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon sighs and checks the door.

Perception listen 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Perception traps 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Disable device 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

When he's done he steps back and nods his head for Muchorak to go through.


Ali

Spoiler:
you get a distinct scent of plant from somewhere..

Romon declares the door clear and moves out off the way.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Romons' work done the Shoanti nods, ready's his blades and opens the door...


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande takes up position next to the Shoanti, blade ready. As he opens the door, she opens her senses to feel if there is any ill beyond them.

Detect evil active.

701 to 750 of 2,785 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.