Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre

Game Master Wellard


651 to 700 of 2,785 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Ali's jaws find a purchase on flesh, then Naria's lightning bolt crackles across the room and with a final shriek and the smell off burnt flesh the corpulent corpse of Mammy Graul floats slowly down towards the bed.

I'd advise leaving said bed unless you want to be smothered under her body..you guys are just too good I'm going to have to step up the challenges after this section off the adventure is over


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande springs backward out of the way as the body sinks to the bed.

"A necromancer, and if I do not miss my guess, ze mozzer of ze brood," she mutters, wiping and sheathing her blade in a fluid movement. With a grimace of distaste she searches the woman's body, grateful that she at least is wearing gloves.


On the body you find

A Potion of Cure Moderate wounds
A Scroll of Animate Dead
2 Varisian Idols(used in summoning spells each grants a +2 to the HD of the summoned creature)
A wand of Magic Missiles CL3 44 charges
A Wand of Ray of Enfeeblement 28 Charges
A Wand of Vampiric Touch 33 Charges
A belt of Health +2


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

It's that Paladin smite ability! It's no joke, of course a 7d6 lightning bolt doesn't hurt either. :D

"The mother, yes." Muchorak agrees, "We should still clear the rest of house there may still be survivors."


bumps all future encounters up by 2 CR instead off the one he was increasing them by


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

with a grimace Inikai begins looking for the dagger that he threw. The filth of this room makes him wonder if it is worth the time to do so.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

The wolves nimbly hop the bed and then back out of the room and stand in the hall, therby giving the others room to search.

Ali flows to Gnome form and, reaching for a flask of water, rinses and spits to get the taste of the filthy woman out of her mouth. She also gives some water to a grateful Lunas.

Bring it on Mr. DM! As Roman is fond of saying, we rock! : D


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Indeed, both of the ogres and of ze Black Arrows," Esteriande nods. "Ze scroll and wands I think are Naria's area of expertise. Brother Marak, you are often taking damage for ozzers, will ze belt be of use to you?"

Esteriande turns to the idols.

"Does anyone use summoning spells?"


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Although she does not particularly like the look or feel of the dolls, Ali, who can summon tiny or smaller animals virtually at will, raises her hand slightly and says shyly "Ali do sometimes call small small animal friends to come help her."

Those idols are pretty cool and powerful! So Ali could summon a rat with the HD of a wolf?? = D I'm assuming that the HD boost does not stack, even if both dolls were held/used?


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

EDIT: She doesn't reach for a flask, she just creates the water.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Take zese, zen, zey may 'elp you." Esteriande hands the idols to Alli, then looks around the rest of the room to see if there is anything else of interest, then she turns to Romon and Muchorak.

"Ze upstairs?" she asks.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

I don't think both idols need to be together to work, do they? Each should allow the boost on their own, correct?


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"Ugg" Inikai mutters loudly as he rises from a stooped position. He holds the point of his dagger between his thumb and index finger and regards it with a look of pure disgust. It apparently landed in a pile of odure near the painting. Searching for something to wipe it with, he looks at Mammy Graul and her billowing dress. But he hesitates and mutters "probably make even dirtier if I used that". He settles for cleaning it as best he can against some of the cloth that remains from the incinerated mummies.

Earlier today I drove past Hook Mountain Road in a nearby town. I was not tempted to turn down it and see where it leads.


Correct no stacking for the idols and they are considered to be a material component for the summoning.

Mammy's dress..is in fact a massive curtain probably from a canopy bed.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon retrieves his no. 2 dagger from the headboard and, having made the same deductions as Esteriande, enthusiastically joins in the search for loot. After all he knows that gang bosses always keep the best stuff for themselves, and the Graul's are looking a lot like outsized unsanitary Sczarni "family".

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25 (+3 v traps)

We can come back for a full take 20 search after we wipe out the upstairs.

Esteriande wrote:
"Ze upstairs?" she asks.

"Certainly, my lady." Romon bows low and offers her his arm. As soon as they reach the hallway, he slips into the lead for once and softfoots it down the hallway and up the stairs, keeping very alert for traps on the stairs.

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 (+3 v traps)
Quick Stealth 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

Stop as soon as I can get a look at the next floor.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak nods and follows Romon...
Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

The Exchange

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak checks to see that both Muchorak and Esteriande have some sort of enchanted belts, before accepting Esteriande's advice, and buckling the magical belt over his own.

Woo, magic belt! Now if I only I can find magic pants to hold up with it!


As there is no combat as such on the upper floor I'll run through it quickly

The stairs lead up to a landing off which leads a short narrow corridor.Two doors lead left and right off this corridor Romon quickly determines that neither is trapped.

The left door opens to reveala room filled with large, filthy beds. Human skulls with antlers fixed to them are mounted on the bedposts and headboards. Against the west wall sits a large cedar chest.It is not locked but the top is stiff and it needs Muchorak to

Perception1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Romon realises, on inspection, that the chest is not trapped either, however the top is stuck and it needs Muchorak to open it and reveal a sack off coins. The Ranger reaches for it only to be stopped by his Rogue companion who points out the concealed pressure plate the sack sits on

Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

Romon then deftly disarms it and retrieves the sack

Disable device 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Looking inside he discovers 222Cp 197Sp and 40Gp as well as 17, mainly skeletal, fingers

The other door on this floor leads into a larger room.Tables strewn with beakers, glass vials, old tin cans, rope, animal traps, bits of twisted metal, spikes, bones, and all manner of junk litter this area. In one corner sits some old furniture and other keepsakes.

Rummaging through the room for a few minutes you find 5 flasks off acid under a table and enough tools to make up three full sets of Masterwork Thieves Tools

The Exchange

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak notes the preponderance of thieves tools with a grunt, "I suppose it makes sense that *someone* had to be making all of these traps..."

He'll gather up the seventeen fingers, for burial, since it feels right that at least *some* of their victims are interred in the earth, even if he suspects that the majority of their remaining 'parts' are going to have to settle for cremation.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Once it seems there is no more danger to be had Naria beats a hasty retreat keeping an eye on things outside.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Grisly," Esteriande mutters. "Now, ze basement, non? Let us be careful, zere are still as like as not a few of zem remaining."

As they descend, she voices her thoughts:

"Zey must 'ave been 'ere a long time, not far from ze town, and well 'iden so zat no-one zere knew of zem. 'Ow many of zeir 'unters and trappers 'ave met zeir end 'ere, I wonder? 'Ow many of ze townsfolk on ze road met zeir end at ze 'ands of zese monsters?"


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

"We have seen enough remains to say that too many have." Muchorak says in his own grim fashion, "We should be prepared for who knows what kind of strange horrors they keep in their basement."


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

"Basement? Probably prisoners and torture, down there. Maybe --" Romon cuts off 'a vault.' and substitutes, "Weird cousin Clem. The one who freaks the rest of the Graul's out."


Romon wrote:
"Basement? Probably prisoners and torture, down there. Maybe --" Romon cuts off 'a vault.' and substitutes, "Weird cousin Clem. The one who freaks the rest of the Graul's out."

"Lovely. I can't wait to meet Clem."


At least none off them went 'Hey Earl watch this'


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Back in wolf form Ali and Lunas follow the others, but they remain ouitside of any rooms there's no need for them to enter.

When Romon opens the basement door, Aliwolf pushes forward and spends several moments at the top of the step, scenting to see if she can detect the smells of any living beings down there.

If she is unable to, she quicklyu flows to Gnome, summos a tiny rat and asks it kindly to go down into the basement and come back and report to her what it sees, particularily if there are any big two legs down there


Beyond the door from the Kitchen is a small landing a narrow stair runs 10 feet down to a short corridor with 3 doors leading off it

The mixture of smells Ali gets is much the same as the rest off the house..rotting flesh,excrement,body fluids..making it impossible to tell whether there is in reality anyone within range.

She summons the rat and sends it on it's mission it scurries down stairs and through a rat hole near the right hand door..you wait but the rat does not return.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

As the rat fails to return Ali looks sad and concerned then says "That not good. Ali think more bad ones down there. We be careful, yes yes?

Ali could send a 'flying rat'- a bat this time. Or we just go. Also Wellard, are there lights in the basement? Or pitch black? Am thinking could do a flasg/bang with a light spell and thunderstone, if anyone has those? Before storming down


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Got a thunderstone. Let's not storm though.

Romon frowns. "I'll check it out.'

If needed he pops out his ioun torch, and frowns. This will make me a great target.

Then he shrugs and steps downstairs. In one hand he holds his dagger. In the other he holds a tanglefoot bag.

Quick Stealth 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 (+3 v traps)


It is dark down there..yes

Romon hears nothing to make him think the room is occupied, but the stairs are not trapped.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Once the steps are clear Esteriande descends on not-so-silent-as-she-would-like feet after Romon, just in case he lands himself in trouble.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

When Inikai looks at the stairway and how narrow it is he cannot help but think that it would be a perfect site for an ambush. But, then again, the gods have favored them so far. Maybe our luck will hold out.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon reaches the bottom of the stairs and peers about.


Romon notes that the three doors all seem well made.Esteriande clatters down the stairs masking any sounds he may have heard..


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak follows Romon, understanding the need for silence, with his blades at the ready to defend the rogue.

Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

I know it's kinda all about how fast one can post and i'm pretty sure we are in different time zones, well at least myself compared to most of you. But really Muchorak is almost on Romon's heels. He lets him do his job and is always there to protect while his focus is on something else.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande is of the same mind as Muchorak. Inevitably they will run into one another now and again...


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
Muchorak "Windstriker" wrote:

Muchorak follows Romon, understanding the need for silence, with his blades at the ready to defend the rogue.

I know it's kinda all about how fast one can post and i'm pretty sure we are in different time zones, well at least myself compared to most of you.

Inikai is next down the stairs.

By the way, what time zones are the rest of you in? I am GMT -5 (Eastern US)


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon looks at the doors, then tries the middle one.

Perception (listen) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Perception (traps) 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Disable Device 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

May be out of touch for a couple days.

Eastern US time zone. PbP requires some narrative flexibility due to the whole posting schedule thing.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Central, Oklahoma actually.


That's why I always allow adequate time for people to post when out of combat..In combat I might have to decide on someones actions just to keep the flow going


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Wellard and I are both in GMT+0. Damn, Wellard, you were up early this morning. Esteriande is polite, she will give way to Muchorak if he insists.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria will be keeping to the back of the group.


[ooc] 6AM start means I have to get up at 5..and I try and do someting before I leave the house{/ooc]

Theres some shuffling around as you maneuvre in the tight confines off the corridor.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Being small, Aliwolf slips past the others up to the front by Romon. Meanwhile Lunas gets stuck between Inikai and Marak.


Can we have a map update to show the confusion?


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Your wish is my command!

I am guessing that the order is Romon (L-9), Muchorak (M-9), Esteriande (N-9). Not sure if Ali can squeeze in there.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Can't small creatures share a square with Medium or bigger ones?

The Exchange

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6
Alisebett wrote:
Can't small creatures share a square with Medium or bigger ones?

We can move through each others spaces, but not end our turns in the same space, with the exception of some small races with the swarmfighting feat or racial ability, who can do that sort of thing, but only with each other. Join Marak and Naria in the back of the party! We have cookies!


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Lol, bet they're a Lot tastier than anything we'd find here too!


Sorry about the delay I'm just too busy at the moment should be up and running tomorrow

651 to 700 of 2,785 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.