Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre

Game Master Wellard


601 to 650 of 2,766 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

"These creatures probably cause more ruckuss on their own," The Shoanti grims, nods in thanks to Marak, flicks the blood from his blades, "Their deaths are but a blessing to these lands, a blessing I am relishing at the moment."

Muchorak then looks to Romon, "Lead on friend my blades still hunger."


The door is unlocked and untrapped

This filthy bedroom contains little more than a lumpy mattress heaped with twigs, mud, and hopefully little else, although the stink of sewage in the room would seem to indicate otherwise. Dozens of vaguely humanoid fetishes crafted out of bits of leather, straw, corn husks, twigs, and bones hang from cords throughout the room.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai winces at the smell of the room and says "Romon, you should check the mattress. There is probably a fortune in gold hidden there."


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande tries not to giggle.

"Come, we 'ave more rooms down 'ere to investigate."


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4
Inikai wrote:
Inikai winces at the smell of the room and says "Romon, you should check the mattress. There is probably a fortune in gold hidden there."

[b]"I'll bet you 10 crowns there's not,"[b] Romon smiles.

Will search if Inikai takes the bet. If not, on to the next room. H9?

Dabbler's Map


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
Romon wrote:
Inikai wrote:
Inikai winces at the smell of the room and says "Romon, you should check the mattress. There is probably a fortune in gold hidden there."

[b]"I'll bet you 10 crowns there's not,"[b] Romon smiles.

Will search if Inikai takes the bet. If not, on to the next room. H9?

Oh no. For 10 crowns you would have to lay on the bed and pose for a portrait, fully clothed of course, nothing tacky.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7
Inikai wrote:
Oh no. For 10 crowns you would have to lay on the bed and pose for a portrait, fully clothed of course, nothing tacky.

Esteriande would be very disappointed.


where next folks?


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

H9. I pitched it again yesterday, but the board monster seems to have consumed that post.

At the door:

perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28 traps

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23 listen

perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 disable device


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

As Romon examines the door Inikai looks at the boarded-up window. "What about loosening a window in case we need to retreat? This way we would not have to retrace all of our steps to the front door. We could leave the boards in place but take away enough nails so that they could be forced easily from within. But they would stay in place so that observers from outside would not know that they had been tampered with."


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

"I thought of that, but thought it might make too much noise. Of course they haven't heard us stomping around so far. It might be worth the risk."

Wellard, the side door to the outside, the one through which we entered the house, was there some kind of disarming mechanism so the Graul's could get in from the outside without slicing themselves?


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"If we need to make an exit zrough one, boards or no boards it will not take long," Esteriande points out dryly.


Romon Checks the door finds it to be untrapped and unlocked pushes it open and..discovers the source of the smells within the house..

[Channel Han Solo] Congratulations what an interesting smell you've discovered[/channel han Solo]

It's the privy..a series of pits in the floor hold..well what you would expect.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande looks green.

"Zis is just so wrong, on so many levels," she mutters. "Is zere anyzing 'idden in zem? I do not dare look, but it would be a perrfect place."


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

"I'm not going anywhere near that."


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"Nor am I."


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

"Let's just ask our next victim."


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Aliwolf and Lunas quickly backpedal as the wave of stench wafts out of the room, sneezing to get the horrid scent out of their nostrils


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Aliwolf and Lunas quickly backpedal as the wave of stench wafts out of the room, sneezing to get the horrid scent out of their nostrils

Shut the door already!

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak leans forward and shuts the door.

"If there's anything important in there, they can keep it."


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

"These creatures have no sense of self," The Shoanti raises his arm to cover his nose and mouth from the smell, "Even the lowest animal doesn't rest where it relieves itself."


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Aliwolf growls, whether in agreement to, or protest of the Shoanti's comment, none are quite sure


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Updated Map.

On to the door in E-7?


Moving this on a bit.

Romon moves up to the last door on this floor and carries out his normal routine.

Stealth1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31
Perception1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Disable device1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

It would appear that the Grauls put all their faith in the traps covering the kitchen as this door is again untrapped

The cloying stink of this room is nearly overwhelming. Buckets of filth are stacked against the walls, fat ravenous flies lazily circling their rims.

The room itself is dominated by an immense bed, its ratty sheets stained beyond hope. A huge easel sits next to the bed with a palette of various shades of brown and red paint. The source of these morbid pigments— several crushed organs and ragged stumps of flesh—sit in receptacles next to the easel. A set of human-hair brushes jut from a broken skull by the easel, while a comb made from a human mandible sits on a small oak bedside table nearby, its teeth clotted with thick strands of greasy black hair.

The bodies of three horribly deformed men dressed in ragged finery are propped up in huge open coffins against the far wall, their mouths sewn tightly shut with lengths of hair.

Hovering over the bed is a hideous sight.7 immensely corpulent aging 'women' her straggly hair patchy and matted the worst of her body hidden beneath a massive shapeless red cloths.They move in a confusing overlapping pattern making it difficult to determine whether they are indeed living or some form of projection.

As you enter she Sscreeches.."BOYS!!!!....BOYSS!!!!!!...Those lazy good fer nuthin' bestits..Ah'll fer sure whup em fer littin' yer git this fer!!!"


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Only if you live," Esteriande's voice is eerily calm. As the evil in the corpulent woman strikes her. It takes no deep insight to see that here is one heart of evil in this place, and it is a heart that must be purged. Seeing the woman is clearly some sort of caster, Esteriande does not leave her time to attack her comrades.

...and I take it we are into initiatives at this point!

Esteriande races at the woman, her blade flashing. Attacking with Power Attack (-2/+6) & Smite Evil (+3/+7). No longer sickened, I assume.

Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18 Damage: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22


You are all used to the smell by now so the sickness is over

Round 1
Esteriande 24
Ali 19
Inakai 17
Marak 15
Ogre-kin Zombies 14
Naria 10
Romon 9
'Mammy' Graul 5
Muchorak 4

1d7 ⇒ 6

At Esteriande's blow one of the images winks out off existence.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

It sounds like the coffins are slanted upright against the wall instead of being perpendicular to the floor. Is that right? Also, is the nature of the bodies in them obvious? This will make a difference in Inikai's actions.


Yeh they are propped up like the Dalton Gang after Coffyville Go look it up if you don't know what I mean

The first has a useless third leg on his left hip and a pin head—three arrows still protrude from his chest.

Number 2 has an extra nose jutting from his right cheek and a hunched back, his head split by an axe.

The deformities off the third are hard to determine exactly. He is little more than a shambling fleshy bag of broken bones and mashed features that flops about when ordered to attack.

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak calls upon the arcane fury of Nethys to tear at the energies sustaining the ogrekin corpses, and a rush of warmth and a tingling sensation, like a presentiment of lightning before a storm, accompanies his words of rebuke as he clasps his holy symbol.

channel positive energy to harm undead, Will save DC 14 for half 4d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 1, 1) = 11


DC 14 will saves to resist the channeling

Z1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Z2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Z3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Two of the Zombies char badly under the holy energies the third not so much


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai considers the chance that he will pick the correct image to be slight and decides to attack the nearest corpse-creature. Can't get map to open on this PC.

Attack (Smite)
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Damage
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 [ooc]+14 for smite[/dice]


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Here's the full map of this level if it helps.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon whips out a dagger and flips it at one of the red-garbed "women".

Returning dagger 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 .... 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Just narrowing the field for Muchorak.


I need to know what Ali is doing before I can fully resolve the actions of the Zombies and Mammy


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Round 1 Initiative 19
AC 21 HP 69/69
Buffs: Barkskin
Special:
Spells left: 5/5 1st, 0/4 2nd, 1/2 3rd

Lunas
AC 22 HP 49/49
Buffs: Barkskin, Greater Magic Fang
Special:

Aliwolf and Lunas also surround the bed and attack the corpulent abomination upon it.

Ali attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 Damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Lunas attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Plus Trip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


I should point out that she is floating above the bed therefore...

The two wolves leap up onto the bed and bite at the swirling images

Ali 1d6 ⇒ 6

Lunas 1d5 ⇒ 2

Neither set of teeth find flesh but two more images wink out off existence.

Inikai strikes down the nearest of the Zombies Marak severely chars the the other two who then set lurch towards Inikai.

Naria is up before I resolve Romons dagger throw


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria casts Haste on the group


1d4 ⇒ 3

Romon removes another image leaving only 3 of them.This does nothing to lessen the grotesque effect of the huge woman's almost naked body as she rises towards the cieling(5' step equivilant) and points a finger at Muchorak yelling words of bile and hatred.

DC 16 Fortitude save from Muchorak or be permanently blinded


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Hey, if I was hasted, do I get another attack?

Regular dagger 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 .... 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Romons second dagger misses and sticks in the headboard of th bed.

Muchorak to go and then on to round two.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Fort 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Shaking off the magical energy washed his way the Shoanti steps up to deal with the creature...

How far does he need to move to engage her? 5' or more?

5 foot move:

Two Weapon Fighting
+1 Adamantite Longsword 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 hit 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 dmg
Confirm Crit 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20 additional damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

+1 Keen Shortsword 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 hit 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 dmg
Confirm Crit 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 additional damage 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

+1 Adamantite Longsword 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 hit 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 dmg
+1 Keen Shortsword 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 hit 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 dmg
+1 Adamantite Longsword 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24 hit 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 dmg

more than 5 foot move:

+1 Adamantite Longsword 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30 hit 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 dmg


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Hasted Esteriande jumps up on to the bed (5' step) to get reach to the bloated blimp (how high can the ceiling be?) and unleashes a blistering full attack.

Attack #1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 Damage: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21

Attack #2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 Damage: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26

Attack #Haste: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33 Damage: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24

Threat confirmation: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 Damage: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29


1d3 ⇒ 3
Muchorak's slash takes another image out off the equation

Round 2
Esteriande 24
Ali 19
Inakai 17
Marak 15
Ogre-kin Zombies 14
Naria 10
Romon 9
'Mammy' Graul 5
Muchorak 4

Esteriande slashes once..1d2 ⇒ 1 and elicits a scream and a spurt of blood from the harradin

Her second blow 1d2 ⇒ 2 Removes the last image and the third bites deeply into the sagging flesh.[74 points of damage]


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon snatches the returning dagger out of the air. He looks cooly around the room.

If Marak rolls a good channel the zombies probably go down. Ali and Lunas are probably good for Mammy. Odds are Romon won't have to exert himself a second time. Just in case ...

If Mammy survives:

Romon rears back and throws his magic dagger at the blimp-like monstrousity.

Thrown Magic Dagger 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 .... damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

If Mammy croaks and any zombies are left :

Romon dashes toward the zombies' left flank and slides under ones reach. Popping up behind him, the rogue lunges with his dagger.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
Melee Magic Dagger 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 .... damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

So next round the heavy hitters can have flanking bonuses against the zombies.

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak attempts to wash away the ogrekin zombies with another surge of positive energy.

DC 14 will save to halve, channel to harm undead only 4d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 1) = 12


Ali and Lunas will need to mak DC 25 acrobatics rolls to leap high enough to bite Mammy

The Zombies crumble to ash under the fury of Nethys


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

There is not enough room on the bed for Inikai to jump on it with Esteriende already there and swinging her sword about. He has no wish to be eviscerated by a mis-aimed attack. Instead he draws his dagger and throws it at the beastly woman.

Attack
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Hopefully his errant throw does not strike a teammate.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Round 2 Initiative 19
AC 21 HP 69/69
Buffs: Barkskin
Special:
Spells left: 5/5 1st, 0/4 2nd, 1/2 3rd

Lunas
AC 22 HP 49/49
Buffs: Barkskin, Greater Magic Fang
Special:

Ali Acrobatics : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Lunas Acrobatics : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Both wolves leap for the floating blimp, but only Aliwolf leaps high enough, her small but powerful fangs sinking deep into the abomination and ripping out a hunk of flesh.

Ali attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31 Damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

"Oh gods just as I thought things couldent get any more disgusting Ali is biting the thing...."

Naria launches a lightning bolt at the thing (Assuming she can avoid hitting the others)

Damage

7d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 1, 4, 3, 4) = 17 dc 20 Reflex for half


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

My, whatever do you mean? Ali bites everything!

601 to 650 of 2,766 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.