Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre

Game Master Wellard


551 to 600 of 2,785 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Esteriande

Spoiler:
You did hear a scraping noise from inside the room..sorry with so many perception checks going on I missed that..twice


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

That's OK, I am just the same in the game I DM.

"Zer was a noise from ze room back zat way," Esteriande points to the North-East. "Per'aps we should cover our rear?" She leans against the wall. The stink of this place is still overwhelming her senses, and the degenerate acts of it's residents fills her with revulsion.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Nariya nods still very green faced.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

The two wolves growl low in their throats, padding over towards the NE door, ready and rend and destroy the abominations within.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

"Sure. We can close the dining room room door to help muffle the noise."

The Exchange

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak shifts his everburning torch to his shield hand and does as Romon has suggested, gently closing the dining room door behind them.

He then returns his torch to his weapon hand, and readies his shield, in case of imminent combat.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon scopes out the door.

Perception (listen) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Perception (traps) 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Disable Device 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

If it's clear and everyone's ready, open the door.


The door has the same trap as the other two..seems like the Grauls are not particularly imaginative.Romon is able to disarm it with ease from inside.However he does not hear whatever it was Esteriande heard..

Opening the door reveals....

This simple room is strewn with “toys,” some of carved wood or bone, while others appear to be little more than partial animal carcasses.
Old bloodstains mark the walls, some in patterns that resemble crude child-like paintings featuring images of dismembered horses, a ridiculous grinning horned devil tossing children off a cliff, and a big lake with a black reptilian monster sprouting tentacles from its back. Bookshelves rest on the wall, but instead of tomes they hold skulls of all shapes and sizes.

In here are three ogrekin

The first is a hairless and pale bloated thing with malformed, stumpy legs and a wide mouth filled with ragged teeth.

The second seems almost human only his limbs bend unnaturally

The third twitches and shakes continually but again has no deformities that you can immediately spot.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

The ogrekin fill Inikai with revulsion and the urge to lay into them with his sword. But something stays him. These three figures strike some sense of pity in him and he pauses momentarily.

Whispered to his companions:"They might cry out in alarm".

Are there any other exits?


You are at the only door and the room fills the entire corner of the house that is still blank.The Grauls here are definitely hostile and it appears ready for you.

Round 1

Ogrekin 23..start in N12,O10,O11
Muchorak 19
Inakai 18+
Marak 18
Ali 12++
Esteriande 12+
Romon 12
Naria 4

Incredible..thats the first time in ages I have beaten you guys on initiative.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Tactical Map

Positions? I am imagining Romon will be in or near M11, probaly M10 so that he can open the door without being in the line of fire. Esteriande will therefore be in M11 if no-one objects, though she would cede place to Muchorak if he wished it (he knows more of ogres) and instead be next to them both in L10 or L11.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

In the past Muchorak has always been at the door with Romon, ready to take the rogues place once the door was opened. This being a den of ogres I see no reason to change it. :D So then I would say he was in M11.

Muchorak takes a 5ft step too N10 then unleashes his fury on the Ogrekin in O10.

Adamantite Longsword 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17; 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 damage
Keen Shortsword 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19; 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage
Adamantite Longsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23; 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage
Keen Shortsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10; 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 damage


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

M10 works for me.

Romon takes one look at the three ogrekin and the room, and makes the obvious deduction. He throws the door wide while stepping to the side out of the way. They breed! Merciful Shelyn avert your eyes. And cleanse my mind of the images forming there.

This will go better if you get some penetration, Azoun.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai darts to his right N10 and uses his power to compel the ogrekin in O10 to attack his fellow mishapen kin in N10.

Will save DC 18 or attack nearest ally for one round.

The Exchange

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak is cross that he gave away so many of his own personal weapons, and has nothing to hurl with his hand of the acolyte. Instead he places a blessing on Esteriande, as she prepares for conflict.

Guidance on Esteriande, +1 to a single attack roll, saving throw or skill check in the next minute.

He then steps a pace back, to get out of the others way.

L11 or K11, whichever allows the others and their animal friends to move in.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

K 11 For Naria who casts haste on the others


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Can only see half of the map...but

Thye two wolves dash and attack the farthest wolf-killer they can get to, flanking the creature if they can.

Flank not included
Ali attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 Damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Lunas attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Plus Trip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Round 1 Initiative 12+
AC 21 (AC25vs AoO's) HP 69/69
Buffs: Barkskin
Special: Big Game Hunter
Spells left: 5/5 1st, 0/4 2nd, 1/2 3rd

Lunas
AC 22 (AC25vs AoO's) HP 49/49
Buffs: Barkskin, Greater Magic Fang
Special:


Hmm..everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that the OGREKIN GO FIRST!!!!!

The foe in 010 and O11 move to N10 and O11

All three subject Muchorak to a shower of blows( and a bite from the one with teeth)

OK 1 Fist 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 Bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Damage 1d3 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

OK 2 Fist 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 1d3 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Ok 3 Fist 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 Crit Confirm 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 2d3 + 16 ⇒ (1, 2) + 16 = 19

So that's 18 damage to Marak and 19 to Muchorak


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Free action: speak

"Fall back!" Esteriande directs at Muchorak and Romon, and prepares to move to M10 where she can attack the ogrekin as they come through the door.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

"Like he's going to listen to that!" Romon shouts back at Esteriande. Cause I'm sure Macho's going to stand there and frappe the ogrekin in N11. Fall back is a term unknown to our dear ranger.

Romon obediently removes himself from the line of attack, skipping from chair to tabletop.

Go to L8.

Marak could ask to borrow Romon's mace?


DC 15 Acrobatics check for Romon as he lands on the greasy surface off the table.

Curses, he makes that without even rolling dice


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Status of Mucho's attacks? Yeah I knew they went first just assumed you were waiting on us since their attacks/actions hadn't been posted. Also Ogres in N10 and N12 Muchorak should have Cover from them correct? Buffing his AC? On that same note with the two stepping forward Mucho would be attacking the one directly in front of him.


I'll give you cover..but your FF AC is only 17 so that makes it 21 and I still hit you.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Need to know the results of Muchorak's actions before I post Esteriande's.


Muchorak rains blows on the ogrekin in front off him but only succeeds in hitting it once.(11 damage)

Inikai gestures at that same Ogrekin....

Will Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

..and it looks towards it's neighbour on the right with some surprise in it's eyes.(will attack it next round)

Marak gives guiance to Esteriande.

Ali you may revise your actions.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

He only hit it once? Some serious AC!

Esteriande strikes at the ogrekin in the doorway (+1 guidance, -2 sickened):

Attack #1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24 Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Attack #2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


I'll wait for Ali before I give you the results off your actions.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

I still can't see that map for some reason so I have no idea where anyone is, but actions should be basically the same as above, move as they can to the most distant and try to flank. Feel free to roll Acro checks as needed


Esteriande cuts the central ogre down and Ali dashes through the gap to O11 Assuming Ali delays here realising she couldn't get past the combat while all 3 ogre kin were there..Lunas does not have acrobatics so would recieve AoO's do you still wish him to follow. Also Ali gets no attack this round as it was a full round action to move through the others and past the ogres


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

[Ooc]Delaying is no problem if that's what she needs to do. And Yes Lunas follows. Acrobatics can be used untrained, so here's his roll Acro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 and otherwise he has AC25 vs AoO's[/dice]


Two smashing blows are aimed at Lunas as he tries to slip past...

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 Damage 1d3 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Hope Wellard will excuse me making a quick summary:

Ogrekin 23 - attacked Muchorak
Muchorak 19 - attacked ogrekin, wounded one.
Inakai 18+ - influence wounded ogrekin to turn on it's brothers.
Marak 18 - cast guidance on Esteriande
Romon 12+ - face-planted on the table
Esteriande 12 - delayed, attacked ogrekin, finished the wounded one (sorry!)
Ali 12- - delayed, then darted through the gap created to get flanking on them.
Naria 4 - cast haste

So, ogrekin up again?


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

What do you mean face-planted! You think a little table grease can foil me?

Romon glides forward along the table, drawing his dagger as he goes.

Just wasting time with this post. 1 to 3 I don't have an attack to make when it's my turn.


The OK in N10 moves to N11 and both swing again at Muchorak.[now AC26 or the one he has cover from)

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 vs AC 22

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 vs AC 26 Critical Confirmation 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 no Crit Damage 1d3 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Grinning with rage the Shoanti brings his blades down upon the immediate threat in front of him…

HP 76 Current 51
AC 22 (Shield Other and Haste)
Fort +11 (w/Shield Other)
Ref +11 (w/Shield Other and Haste)
Will +6 (w/Shield Other)

Two Weapon Fighting
+1 Adamantite Longsword 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29 hit; 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 dmg
+1 Keen Shortsword 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32 hit; 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 dmg
+1 Adamantite Longsword 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 hit; 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 dmg
+1 Keen Shortsword 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 hit; 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 dmg
+1 Adamantite Longsword 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28 hit; 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 dmg

Confirm Crit 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32 hit; 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 additional damage


Muchorak strikes his foe stone dead.

Inikai and Marak are up..though I will point out that neither off you can see the OK that is left.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Additional actions: With his foe dead Muchorak takes a 5 ft step into the room adjacent to the remaining Ogrekin.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

When the doorway is clear Inikai will rush in as fast as Naria's haste spell will carry him into the room and around the corner toward the ogrekin in O10. Once he is in reach he brings his sword to bear on the mishapen heap.

Attack: BAB+5, Smite +4, Str +1, Sword +1, Haste +1
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Damage
1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

The Exchange

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak converts a spell, allowing a conjuration spell to unravel into curative magics, and then steps forward to stand within close range of Muchorak.

Convert prepared summon monster II to cure moderate wounds, cast and hold the charge, step to 10 ft. behind Muchorak. (to L11, I think!, as I'm not exactly sure which space he's in!) Marak won't be able to deliver the spell this round, but waiting till next round to take a 5 ft. step and deliver it.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon watches the party crowd into the doorway. That situation in hand he decides to hand in the kitchen and wait for anyone coming through the other doors.

That's the Muchorak we know and love. I was halfway right. I could get there and attack , but it's doubtful I'd put him down and would likely give him a squishy target.


Inikai gets into the room and delivers a blow that wounds the O-K

Eseriande is up then Ali and Lunas


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande makes a five-foot step forward and strikes around the door-jamb at the remaining ogrekin. (-2 sickened, +1 haste)

Attack #1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Attack #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Attack #Haste: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Threat Confirm #1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Esteriande finishes off the last of the Grauls in this room.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon sheathes the dagger and drops lightly to the ground. Having noticed how long the first ogrekin lasted against Muchorak, he suspects this corpse may be as rich as the first two the party killed. He examines that body first before moving on to the others and the room.

I just want to say the ogrekin are not OK.

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 +3 more for traps
Appraise 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 to spot most valuable item/ value stuff

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 +3 more for traps
Appraise 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 +3 more for traps
Appraise 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 +3 more for traps
Appraise 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


You find nothing of value on any off these Ogrekin

The Exchange

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

2d8 + 7 ⇒ (7, 8) + 7 = 22

Marak steps to Muchorak, and with a touch on the shoulder, delivers a surge of positive energy, washing away some of his injuries.

Note that the last 8 pt. hit you took (Edit: DM Wellard is right, 11 pt hit!) was also split with Marak, so you should also remove five more points of damage and be fully healed.

He then draws forth the shining pearl he received in Magnimar and draws magical energy back that he had previously expended, and casts another spell upon himself.

pearl of power to recall summon monster II he just converted, and he converts this one too, to cure moderate wounds, upon himself.

2d8 + 7 ⇒ (3, 5) + 7 = 15


That was an 11 point hit so 6 to Muchorak and 5 to Marak


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Eseriande leans against the door jamb, still looking ill.

"Yet more noise, and still zey do not come running. Zey must rely on traps and zeir own strength to deal wiz us." She looks around and pushes away from the wall, her pale face set with resolve.

"Onwards. Zis place still demands to be cleansed."

Has it been 5 minutes yet since she was sickened?


She definitely feeling better..say 4&1/2


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4
Esteriande d'Litran wrote:

Eseriande leans against the door jamb, still looking ill.

"Yet more noise, and still zey do not come running. Zey must rely on traps and zeir own strength to deal wiz us." She looks around and pushes away from the wall, her pale face set with resolve.

"Onwards. Zis place still demands to be cleansed."

Romon looks up from the body he's checking. "Well the walls are pretty thick." He smiles broadly, "Or maybe they're congenitally deaf and ugly."

The door at I 11?

551 to 600 of 2,785 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.