Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre

Game Master Wellard


501 to 550 of 2,783 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

This musty chamber smells of week-old meat and is thick with clouds of fat, greasy flies. Thumb-sized cockroaches dance along the walls, floor, and ceiling. A thick butcher’s block sits under three cruel looking cleavers hanging on a rack above.
Bloodstained smocks of thick leather, one still dripping fresh gore, hang on bone-spur hooks by the door. A crockery platter of severed fingers and toes sits on a rickety old table next to a dried sinew basket overflowing with hacked-off hands and feet, all sporting stubs of congealed blood where their digits once were. A family of lucky rats gorges itself on the red stumps.

Fortitude saves from everyone entering please.DC15 or 20 for those with the scent ability.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Esteriande takes in the room with one look, chocking up from both the smell and the implications of cannibalistic evil around her. She cannot contain it and regurgitates her stomach contents into a corner of the kitchen, marginally improving the décor.

"Zis is..." she struggles but cannot find the words.

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Fortitude save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Marak's eyes narrow, as he sees the terrible disrespect paid to the dead in this place.

"I am moved to agree with Naria's suggestion. After we eliminate these butchers of men, this place should be burned..."


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

The smell hits Inikai and he sharply exhales but it is the realization of the horror that smell originates from that sickens him.

Fort Save
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Fort save

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Naria takes one look at the place before racing back outside to be violently ill.


Esteriande 1d6 ⇒ 5 sickened for 5 minutes(50 rounds)

Naria 1d6 ⇒ 2 sickened for 2 minutes (20 rounds)

Romon Fort.Save
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Romon manages to keep his breakfast from adding to the Decor..just


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak

Fortitude 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Ursus

Fortitude 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The mighty bear refuses and whimpers at the need to enter the room and his friend turns back barely stomaching the smell, saying a few words in his native tongue the bear eagerly leaves the room to find refuge in the waiting woods outside...

Muchorak wouldn't put Ursus through anything so painful to his senses, so if it's fine with you Wellard Ursus will be out in the woods in a 'safe' location awaiting his masters return.


No problem with that


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"Canibalism" is all Inikai can utter without completing his sentence. He grimly tries to count the number of hands and feet to determine the number of victims in order to estimate how many of the fort's defenders remain alive. The overwhelming impact of disgust and the number of extremeties is too great and he abandons the count.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Ali Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Lunas Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

As the two wolves dash into the charnal house of horror, they are blasted by not so much the sight, but as the smell of the abattoir of a nightmare house the place is. However the stomachs of predators, and wolves in particular, being the survivors that they are, are made of stern stuff, and so both manage to overcome their nausea, although Lunas barely so. Growling their displeasure, they both advance further into the place, trying by sight, sound and smell to find their hidden prey.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Smell? Really? Just saying... :D


Map update please Dabbler..

The Kitchen doors are closed..and the strong smells within the house will mask any individual's scent beyond the ability of the Wolves noses..DC50


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria remains outside looking decidedly ill.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Updated Map.

Esteriande looks green around the gills, but remains. Her face is very grim. She pads to the north door and listens carefully.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

If she hears nothing she gestures Romon over to search for traps.


Esteriande hears not a whisper beyond the door.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Sigh. Sight?-footprints? Sound?-movement?talking? Etc. Perception roll of 27?


The grime on the floor shows signs of numerous movements through every door..the sounds off the house are distinctly muffled and the buzzing flies serve as a distraction.

The DC for detecting a whispered conversation is 15, +5 for the distraction, +10 for the walls off the room being a foot thick (reduced to +5 if listening at a door)+1 for every 10' of distance to the target.

I can tell you that Ali hears nothing within 20 feet off the door in the west wall..she hears nothing at all at the door in the North wall


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

These are stone walls? Or wood? Cuz a solid foot of wooden wall is one thick wall for an internal wall in a 'normal' house in the middle of the forest! And so doors are a foot thick as well?

Being careful to watch the floor for any traps, Aliwolf pads quietly over to the West door and listens there as well.
Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7
Alisebett wrote:
These are stone walls? Or wood? Cuz a solid foot of wooden wall is one thick wall for an internal wall in a 'normal' house in the middle of the forest! And so doors are a foot thick as well?

Think log cabin style with squared-off tree-trunks rather than machine-sawn planks.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Ahhhh, well ok, that works then. Thanks for the clarification Dabbs


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

As Romon slips past Esteriande to check the inner door he murmurs, "Still sure we shouldn't just burn the place? The architecture, the decor, the odour, the hors d'oeuvre. Immolation is really too good for them."

Romon decides he doesn't need to take a lot of time to check the door in this smell. Bag in hand, he glances over the door, and if it's clean opens it.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"When we are certain zere are no innocents 'ere, then fire will surely cleanse zis place," Esteriande assures Romon.


This place might look decrepit but it's built like a fortress

Romon finds that the door is untrapped


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Then he opens it wide.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak eagerly awaits what may lay beyond the door, if its combat, or merely an escape from this current room...


The door opens into a narrow stairwell descending into a lower level of the house.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Updated map

Though clearly discomforted by the smell, Esteriande advances quietly, peering down the stairway, then motioning to Romon to ensure it is not trapped. As he advances she follows him.

At -2 on everything from being sickened, accounted below.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon shakes his head and points toward the other door. He clearly doesn't want to visit the basement first.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriand grimaces, but nods. If there are prisoners, they could well be in the basement, but she is no expert housebreaker and accedes to the rogue's wisdom.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon closes the door downstairs, and glides over to the other door. He gives it the usual once over.

Perception (listen)1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Perception (traps) 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
Disable Device (if needed)1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

If it's clear, open the door and stay out of the way.

Funny. If we were housebreaking, Romon would be all about going downstairs. The game would be "don't get caught." This is a SAD mission. We're looking for a fight, which will bring trouble and that narrow staircase is a choke point we could be trapped behind easily. Kill them all (and they're more likely to be upstairs than down) then look downstairs.


Romon listens at the door but there is no sound beyond it..He examines it carefully and spots something that seems wrong.Further checking reveals a trigger mechanism in the door which he easily nullifies.

On Opening the Door...

This dark room stinks of putrefying flesh. Eight wooden chairs with grinning bleached skulls crowning their backs circle a monstrous four-foot-high oak dining table covered with a crude tablecloth of crinkly human leather. The centerpiece of the dining table— a rotting human head, its stringy red hair thankfully draped over its mutilated face—serves as a gathering place for a host of buzzing, bloated flies.

Two doors lead out off this room..the first in the same wall as you enter the second in the opposite wall.

Map update please.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Crazy bastards. They're trapping everything. How many fingers and eyes have they lost playing this game?

Romon strides straight across the room to the opposite door. There he kneels and goes through the usual checks.

Perception (listen)1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Perception (traps) 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Disable Device (if needed)1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

If it's clear, open the door and stay out of the way.


This door has an identical trap a scythe blade on a tightly coiled rope thankfully from inside the room you can more easily disarm it which you proceed to do.

you listen but can still not hear a sound beyond the door.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande follows Romon carefully, going to the other (east) door and listening at it. She looks green but her hands are rock-steady as they grip her blade. Seeing the traps she is careful to touch nothing.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Updated updated map

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

"Eight chairs, at a table sized for very large folk..." Marak whispers, pointing out the obvious, that there may yet be a fair number of foes waiting in this horrific homestead, and they may be larger than those seen before.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

"Four in the barn, one in the field, one with Fuzzy. We're almost done?" Romon shakes his head to contradict himself.

Then he opens the door and stays out of the way.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria after a few minutes outside Very slowly follows the other. She seems to spend most of her time looking at the floor as if trying to avoid seeing anything else in the accursed house.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Aliwolf and Lunas also follow, stepping carefully to avoid the filth and looking and listening closely to all about them.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai is relieved that they did not proceed downstairs without clearing out the upper floor. The thought of leaving foes upstairs to trap them in that narrow corridor chills him. As he follows the others Inikai looks all around but intentionally does not set his gaze on anything for very long.


Opening the Door reveals another corridor in which you can see three doors and a set of stairs leading upwards..the corridor turns a corner to your left


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Another Updated Map

Any sound from the other (NE) door Esteriande is listening at?


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon looks around and nods his approval at Esteriande checking the other door before he slips into the hallway to check the other doors. He also listens at the foot of the stairs before selecting the southern door to examine for traps.

Perception (listen at door)1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Perception (listen at door)1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Perception (look and listen at stairs)1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Perception (listen at south door)1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Perception (traps)1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Disable Device (if needed)1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

taking 10 on stealth if possible ==> 28


Opening the southern door....which is untrapped and unlocked

A mangy dire bearskin rug lies before a tremendous hearth set into the wall, its pained visage still snarling at whatever cruel hunter took its life. A huge couch haphazardly upholstered in animal hide and human flesh, replete with a collection of talons, monstrous hairy spider’s legs, fox heads, and human hands and feet, sits to the west.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria feels her stomach start to lurch again.

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

"Either I've gone mad, or I've hit the point where this all becomes funny." Marak says, with an odd tone to his voice. "They've gone so far past hideous and inhuman that it's almost a caricature of itself, like some sort of carnival of the grotesque..."


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

"The thought of burning this place to the ground is sounding better the further we get into this den of vileness."


I should mention that Romon heard nothing at either of the other two doors or at the stairs.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

"I don't care if we find anything good here. We'll have to burn it just to make it clean. This place is unreal," Romon mutters.

Door to the outside? Other doors?


Sorry Dabbler..another map update needed

The only other door in this room is the one you assume leads back to the porch


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

On condition you tell me if there were any sounds from the door in M/N-11, where Esteriande listened earlier...

Another map update.

501 to 550 of 2,783 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.