Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Voice's Osirion Expedition (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

Sent into the Sahure Wastes by Lathrat Ke'shin an 'entrepreneur', the party seeks to recover ancient treasures of the Four Pharoahs....


251 to 300 of 1,759 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Primordial Ooze

After your rest you move on once more. After another few days travel you turn West and approach the River Sphinx. It take a few days more to reach it, and while vigilant you have seen no sign of banditry or other desert fauna.

When you approach the river it is early afternoon. The part of the river you approach is home to a natural ford, which you should be able to walk the camel across as long as you are careful. The river itself is about 100ft wide in this section. On the opposite side of the river is a small shanty town.

Perception DC 20:
You can spot a man leaning against one of the shanty buildings on the other side


Male Dwarf Rogue 2

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

Perception -> 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Noor walks her camel to the bank of the river, and lets her friend take his fill of the fresh water.


Pharasmin Clr 2 d - AC: 16; hp:17/(17)/[17]; San 13/(14); Saves: fort +5 ref +2 will +4

perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Some distance from the river, Jaru's camel starts picking up the pace despite Jaru's efforts to control him. Once the river is in sight the camel dashes to the bank nearly throwing Jaru as it thrusts its head into the river and begins greedily gulping down water. Jaru's attention is on staying aboard and getting his beast under control.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

After many days of trackless desert, the river provides a welcome visual reprieve.

Still, after his experiences so far in the desert, he keeps a wary eye on his surroundings, even as his camel hoovers-up its fill from the watercourse.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20.

Interesting...

He then turns his head to Bas'rac, and notes quietly:

"Bas'rac, I can't help but spot that man leaning against one of the buildings on the other side; is he known to you?"


Primordial Ooze

Peering a moment before Bas'rac shakes his head "No he is not."

As he speaks the man walks out from the shadow and stands in front of the ford on the far side. He calls out "Hail travellers, what brings you to my ford?"


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

Setesh raises an eyebrow.

"Clearly, we intend to cross. Who, may I ask, are you, to claim ownership of this ford?"


Male Dwarf Rogue 2

"Careful," Bazil whispers as he tucks his thumbs into his belt, hands next to his daggers. "This smells of banditry, and he's likely to have friends nearby." He narrows his eyes as his gaze moves over the sands, looking for any sign of an ambush.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Primordial Ooze

Bazil:
You can't see any signs that he isn't alone. There are no other people or animals visible on the other side of the river.

"I am here, and my claim is made. What matters now is how I am to be compensated for allowing you to pass over."


Pharasmin Clr 2 d - AC: 16; hp:17/(17)/[17]; San 13/(14); Saves: fort +5 ref +2 will +4

Jaru finally manages to pull his camel from the river and smiles at the stranger. "Ah habibi, you do indeed have a fine crossing here. I believe a gold coin should suffice to compensate you for allowing us to use your fine crossing, no?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Primordial Ooze

"Hah, perhaps I should remove my shirt and hand it to you as you pass? Surely six men and eight camel can produce more than a mere speck of gold"


Male Dwarf Rogue 2

"Surely we can, but can you produce a service to warrant a greater sum? Crossing a river is crossing a river, whether it's for one man or ten of them. We aren't talking about fording an army here, friend."


Primordial Ooze

Shrugging his shoulders slightly he calls out "I have no service to offer but my voice... Sobek, rise!"

At the sound of his cry, two crocodile surface from the water on the far side of the river - flanking the ford. "Can you speak crocodile good dwarf?"


Male Dwarf Rogue 2

Bazil lowers his voice, speaking again to his companions. "Psh. I can't speak to lizards, but I find that the language of a blade is universal. What say you lot? Shall we share this wisdom with this extortionist?"


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

Through clenched teeth to her companions. "Haggling is bad enough, but I will not be haggled to by a bandit. His remains should fertilize fields in the delta."


Pharasmin Clr 2 d - AC: 16; hp:17/(17)/[17]; San 13/(14); Saves: fort +5 ref +2 will +4

Jaru laughs "Ah! An excellent trick. Well worth the price of the crossing. I will gladly pay you three coins, my friend- one for me and two for my camel, which has surely doubled in size since guzzling from the river. Perhaps I should charge the crocodiles for stopping my camel before it drank up all the water! But tell me, my shrewd friend would three gold be sufficient for myself to cross? If not, clearly state what you will accept."


Primordial Ooze

Mulling over it slightly "Three would grant passage for you, but what about your friends? Surely you would not leave them behind?"


Male Human (Garundi) Magus 3

"Quite the amusing trick, dear ford guarder. I would wonder more at why you make a living guarding such a place, but each character certainly has their place." Tarik turns to those less inclined to pay the man and says "Come now friends, this is the chance to prove ourselves better than common thugs. We are heroes, are we not? Pay the man and move onward." Tarik throws 4 gold coins to the man, and waves at him as he crosses the river.


Primordial Ooze

Everyone finding paying acceptable? - if so then I'll advance plot


Male Dwarf Rogue 2

Bazil grumbles as he hands over three gold coins. "Heroes? Feh! I thought we were treasure hunters... Forking over gold to highwaymen such as these seems counterproductive to our goals. He's a crook, I say! A crook! But if you lot want to fold his veiled threats, well..."


Primordial Ooze

The man beams a wide toothy smile as you pay for passage. "Please do come back"

Bas'rac hands over seven gold to cover himself and the three pack-camel. The crocodiles, while eyeing the camel hungrily, stand their ground.


Male Dwarf Rogue 2

"We shall indeed, sir! Surely when we do, there'll be a discount for frequent crossers?" Bazil grins as he gives the man a hearty pat on the back, attempting to lift a few coins off him as he does so.

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Primordial Ooze

While congratulating the river guard, Bazil slips a hand to the others belt and relieves him of his belt pouch. The guard does not notice and replies "But of course good dwarf"

Belt Pouch Contents:
14 gold, 2 doses of flayleaf


Male Dwarf Rogue 2

Bazil grins as he pockets the belt pouch, and once they are a good distance away from the man he transfers it's contents to his own purse before excusing himself for a moment. He moves back to the river (a few hundred feet away from the man with the crocodiles) and proceeds to relieve himself, though as he finishes up, he lets the now-empty belt pouch fall to the ground and casual kicks it into the current before rejoining the party.

"Well, that crossing was unexpectedly profitable. Hey Bloomers, what do you know about this stuff?" He shows the flayleaf to Bas'Rac.


Primordial Ooze

Bazil - no need to ask, you should know already. Flayleaf is basically Golarion wacky tobaccy


Male Dwarf Rogue 2

"Lifted a few coins off that charlatan. Fourteen bits makes two gold for each of, and he had these leaves on him as well. Might be a little mundane for our patron's tastes, though." Bazil hands out 2 gold to each other PC and to Bas'Rac.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

Setesh smiles, and nods to the Dwarf.

"That certainly takes the sting out of the extortion. Well done!"

He looks thoughtful for a moment.

"Of course, it will probably create problems for us on the way back..."


Male Dwarf Rogue 2

"Might be so, but I dropped the empty pouch in the stream, upcurrent from him. Hopefully it will float by and he'll assume he dropped it. In any case, a few coins might be picked up anywhere. Since we've ditched the pouch, the flayleaf is the only thing that might connect us to his missing fortune - we'll just have to be sure to do something with it before our return trip."


Primordial Ooze

Bas'rac adds "I wouldn't worry overly, we won't be returning this way for some time. We have a long push West ahead of us into the foothills around the Pillars."


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

Setesh nods.

"Well then, let's continue on our way."

He then smiles mischievously.

"Although I still think we could have taken him, despite his crocodile guardians."


Primordial Ooze

Your journey West quickly leaves the river behind and you return to travelling with the unchanging backdrop of sand-dunes. Miles and days pass beneath your feet.

The Pillars of the Sun gradually come into stark contrast upon the horizon, the mountains becoming a guiding star upon the backdrop. Travelers are rare upon the roads, and they mostly keep to themselves and leave you to your business. Bas'rac occasionally brings out the scroll to review, getting your input to double check his directions.

You draw closer to the mountains and can start to see the foothills in the far distance. Bas'rac informs you that you are making for a small village that sits close by your destination. That afternoon as you travel over the sand....

One of the pack-camel stops suddenly, and Bas'rac moves to inspect it. A stone has lodged between its toes, causing some discomfort. Bas'rac waves you on "Keep moving, I'll catch up once I've this stone out"

Perception DC 15:
About 40 ft ahead of the lead rider is an area of sand that seems different somehow... as though something were beneath it's surface.
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15


Pharasmin Clr 2 d - AC: 16; hp:17/(17)/[17]; San 13/(14); Saves: fort +5 ref +2 will +4

perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Jaru nods and continues on eager to make the village that night.


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

@Earlier
Noor laughs at the sight of the bandits money pouch, something you have not heard from her on this trip. "Well done Bazil. If we did not take his head, at least you took his pride."

@Upon sight of the village
"Ho. An actual village. Would be good to spend a night away from a tent and the camels."

Percception -> 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Human (Garundi) Magus 3

Tarik sighs as Bazil starts handing out the money, but smiles nontheless. "I suppose I should have expected this from you Bazil. Well done, rogue! I trust your skills will be this excellent within our destination."

Perception:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Tarik continues forward with the rest of the group, eagerly awaiting accommodations better than bare sand.


Primordial Ooze

Our intrepid heroes will find out their fate when we get perceptions from Setesh and Bazil....


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15.

Distracted by the thought of a real bed for the first time in days, Setesh almost does not notice the subtle change in the sand up ahead...

"Beware! There is something under the sand, about 40' ahead of the lead camel."

He then immediately swings down off his camel, and draws a small vial from his belt...


Primordial Ooze

Initiative:
Bazil: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Jaru: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Noor: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Setesh: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Tarik: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
?: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

Surprise Round: Bazil, ?, Setesh Bazil - if you make the Perception check you can act in the Surprise Round.
Setesh - The action you posted would be in the surprise round - you can revise if you like or keep it.


Male Dwarf Rogue 2

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Primordial Ooze

Round 1: Tarik, Jaru, Bazil, ?, Setesh, Noor

As Setesh points out the disturbance you are able to see it more plainly. The disturbed area roughly 10ft and circular. You see it surge forward towards you, the sand swirling on the surface as though liquid. The lead edge of the disturbed sand is roughly 10 feet away from the front of the procession.

Setesh, I'm assuming you dismount and grab vial in Surprise round.
Everyone can act in Round 1 now in initiative order.


Pharasmin Clr 2 d - AC: 16; hp:17/(17)/[17]; San 13/(14); Saves: fort +5 ref +2 will +4

Jaru pulls up short with some trepidation about the burrowing thing before them. "Pharasma fill us with courage to accept our fate and destroy all obstacles that hinder our just end!" Giving a brief prayer he calls upon Pharasma's blessings.

bless +1 to attacks and saves vs. fear.


Male Dwarf Rogue 2

"Addawser, gettim!" Bazil prompts his camel as he draws his weapons.


Male Human (Garundi) Magus 3

Tarik draws his blade and stays mounted. He whispers a word, drawing his hand over his blade, and light springs from it.

Using 1 point from Arcane Pool to make blade magical.


Primordial Ooze

Round 1: Tarik, Jaru, Bazil, ?, Setesh, Noor

The ground in front of the party subsides slightly then bursts forth in an eruption of debris as a tremendous starfish-like creature surges from the sand. Two long arms whip forward from it's center mass to strike at Bazil and Setesh.

Bazil attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Setesh attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Knowledge Nature DC 15:
The beast is a Dust Digger, an ambush predator that waits beneath the sand for months on end until travelers draw near. It then attacks and seeks to draw creatures in to where it can crush them in its toothy jaw.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

Round 1:

18/18 hp, Mutagen(Strength)

Glancing at the creature, Setesh downs his Mutagen, causing his body to warp and twist...

...he then flexes his talons, and gives Bazil a big, toothy grin.

"Let's finish this creature!"

Setesh then 5' adjusts, trying to work his way around to a flank...


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

Round 1

"Ho! We do not have such creatures in the mountains."

Her camel suddenly cries in distress. It wobbles and seems to buckle. Noor quickly dismounts and strangely looks her camel in the eye.

Unwittingly cast Enlarge Person.

Status: 20/20 hp; Large. AC now 14, falchion 2d6+6, power attack 2d6+9


Pharasmin Clr 2 d - AC: 16; hp:17/(17)/[17]; San 13/(14); Saves: fort +5 ref +2 will +4

Round 2.

Unlikely to be able to control his panicked camel in the face of a terror from below, Jaru hurriedly dismounts and loads his crossbow and then stares in wonder at his transmogrifying companions.


Male Dwarf Rogue 2

Bazil rolls out of his saddle, avoiding the whipping tentacles, and then takes a catious step forward (5 foot step, because I assume this creature has reach), taking care to avoid the writhing appendages. "Caiden's ruddy balls," he mutters as he glances to his companions, "Can no one in this country fight in the form they were born with?"


Primordial Ooze

Round 2: Tarik, Jaru, Bazil, ?, Setesh, Noor
Spell Effects: mutagen - Setesh, bless, enlarge person - Noor

Assumption correct Bazil - creature has reach

Bas'rac struggles against the leads of the pack camel, trying to keep them from running in fear.


Primordial Ooze

Round 2: Tarik, Jaru, Bazil, ?, Setesh, Noor
Spell Effects: mutagen - Setesh, bless, enlarge person - Noor

Assumption correct Bazil - creature has reach

Bas'rac struggles against the leads of the pack camel, trying to keep them from running in fear.


Pharasmin Clr 2 d - AC: 16; hp:17/(17)/[17]; San 13/(14); Saves: fort +5 ref +2 will +4
Bazil Stormdasher wrote:
"Can no one in this country fight in the form they were born with?"

Jaru chuckles, "I have only this one form that I know of..." he then gets back to taking a bead on the sand squid.

251 to 300 of 1,759 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Voice's Osirion Expedition - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.