Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Voice's Osirion Expedition (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

Sent into the Sahure Wastes by Lathrat Ke'shin an 'entrepreneur', the party seeks to recover ancient treasures of the Four Pharoahs....


1,551 to 1,600 of 1,759 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

"I agree. If he does carry the key, let's try to see it. I would prefer that over attempts at theft.

Sorry about the slow posts. I'm on a field project till Monday, and my internet has been very unreliable


Primordial Ooze

Before Akeema departs, he delivers a breadcrumb "Now that I recall, there is to be a night of dance at the theater tomorrow night. Neheb will be attending I believe... though I know not how you might get tickets or invitations to attend."


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Well all, anyone good at dancing? It is not my specialty. Any how do we get tickets?

Turning to look an Noor. I think this may be more something for you. You are much more personable than I am.


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

Noor blushes a bit at the thought of having to perform any public dance. "The performance would be to watch, correct Akeema? Performers. Surely, no one wants to see me dance?" That is what servants are for, goes unmentioned in her mind.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori 3

Grynbarl snorted at the thought of the proud desert dweller dancing on a stage.

"I have nothing but my oratorical skills, and I hazard a guess that's not what you have in mind."


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Looking from new companion to new companion. Well, who is going to perform?


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

Need some clarification from VoV, but I do not think it is a competition, more of a performance he will be attending, so we can get a look at him.


Male Human (Garundi) Magus 3

Tarik looks at both women. {b]"I think any woman is more likely to be looked upon favorably. I must admit, however, that at the Academy in Quantium, we did study some dances, mostly as an aid to political maneuvers. In a nation ruled by wizards, universities often teach politics as well. I can't say I'm any good, but I can try. I doubt Osiriani will be impressed with my dancing, though."[/b]


Primordial Ooze

Aye - most definitely that it will be a performance he is attending.
The challenge is how do you get tickets, not how do you get on stage ;)


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

I recommend against relying on Setesh's sterling skill at Diplomacy ;-)


Primordial Ooze

After leaving you to your thoughts for a few minutes, Akeema approaches later that evening and after begging your pardon elucidates "It does occur to me that there is a certain... gentleman that might be able to provide you with entry." Akeema looks embarrassed as he continues "He is a merchant of wares that are bought to be abused for a dalliance before being returned... but he is well connected, and is of means"

DM Note: the guys profession will have nothing to do with what is requested of the party - just an indication of the sort of circles the gent generally associates in.
You could always choose to approach the theater tomorrow as well - up to you guys.


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Well all, it does not matter how well we can dance, or not dance as the case may be. But the real question at this point is how do we get into this shindig? Akeema seemed to indicate that we could get some tickets from somebody connected the the shadier side of commerce. Or, we could just march up tomorrow night and see if we can get in.


Male Human (Garundi) Magus 3

Grimacing, Tarik says "I would prefer to approach the theater on the morrow, rather than deal with a merchant of such...wares. Only as a last resort."


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori 3

"Whatever we have to do, let's do it. Waiting isn't productive."


Primordial Ooze

The group retires for the night and wakes early the next morning to attend the theatre that Akeema pointed out. When you arrive the doors are still barred to passage, and no answer to your cries - however there is a kahve house nearby that still looks to be open and with customers within.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori 3

"Ah, kahve. A perfect place to wait, I think, and imbibe some life into these tired bones."


Primordial Ooze

Moving to the shop you find that it has sunken areas festooned with cushions and table in the center. There are not many customers this early, merely a single table towards the back that looks to have some tired workers in dark clothing smoking shisha and drinking kahve. A berobed attendant meets you at the door "Good morning sheikhs and sheikah, you care for shisha? or just kahve and kahk?"

kahk - sweet biscuit stuffed with dates


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

Setesh nods to the attendant.

"Kahve and kahk, please."


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Following Setesh's lead: Yes, Kahve and kahk sounds good.


Primordial Ooze

The berobed attendant leads you to a sunken table before moving away to fulfill your order. He returns with an ornate copper kettle and small glasses, as well as a small basket of the sweet biscuits. He fills glasses for those that request kahve. Smelling the glass you get hit with a strong and bitter scent that wakens your senses in an instant. The taste shares it's strength, though the bitterness is tempered by the sugar that has also been added.

Perception DC 12:
You overhear some of the conversation at the back table and find it involves some of the specifics of stage work. At a guess you'd say that the men work at the theater.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori 3

Grynbarl sipped his kahve in contented relative silence broken only by occasional nattering to himself about some esoteric thing or other. While regularly prone to such, in this case he did it to make his wandering eyes and ears seem less obtrusive.

Perception! 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

In a whisper he offered up "Friends, don't look now, but I believe the company at that back table there are involved in the stagecraft across the way. A lead?"


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

True.

Looking over at Noor: You think you could use your feminine charm and get us in through the back door? I tend to be a little abrasive.


Male Human (Garundi) Magus 3

Tarik looks a bit off at the idea of 'charming' them. "Is it really wise to try and trick them? I mean, couldn't we simply ask them, express some enthusiasm, and hope for the best?"


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

As you will. However, we are attempting to enter into a party that is closed to the public. Do you think that these men are going to risk their jobs and let us in if we simply ask? It is going to take something more. Either money or charm in my opinion.


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

"Perhaps it can be as easy as seeing if they need help?"

Noor will excuse herself to find the attendant and slip him some coin to see that more refreshments head to the back table. She will follow and introduce herself. "Sorry but from over there if sounded like you might have something to do with preparing the show tonight. Pardon my presumption, it is just,...well I would love to see the show, even if as a stage hand. Do you need any more hands? For such a grand show, you must be kept way too busy. I would love to help lighten the work of preparation. You don't even have to pay me. You will see I am strong enough to be useful. And that would give each of you more time to relax.....etc."

Diplomacy -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Primordial Ooze

The stagehands look up to Noor from their rest and take in the newly arrived Garundi. Their eyes are weary though one speaks up in affirmation "Aye, we're working at the theater. Bit of help backstage is always welcome, but I'm not sure what you'd see of the show. We mainly just do setup and teardown. If you wanted to watch, I'd usually say buy a ticket but it's sold out for tonight - some big man from the government's turning up and taken most of the spots." smiling a little to show that his next phrase is in jest "I wouldn't be averse to spending more time with you lass, but I've a feeling you're interested in more than just a day's worth of heavy lifting?"


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

Setesh shrugs.

"I would be happy to do a little heavy lifting, if that would help to expedite matters..."


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

Noor blushes but tries to play it off as shyness (and not indignant rage), "That is not the entertainment I was hoping for this evening." She says with a smile, trying to perhaps indicate the night is young. "But I could still do with a spot of work. Have you finished setting up?"

Bluff -> 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Diplomacy -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Primordial Ooze

Shrugging at their persistence "Work starts in an hour or so. We'll not refuse the help, and you can stick around backstage for the show in lieu of payment if you like. We'll finish up on breakfast and then head back."


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

"That sounds reasonable to me."


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Kytana nods in agreement hoping that there is not too much physical work required.


Primordial Ooze

Any other action to pass the time, or for the day before the show?


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Diplomacy(gather info): 1d20 ⇒ 19
--> trying to find out what the performance is all about and who, if anyone, important might be there.


Male Hooman Utter Fool/4

Grynbarl will split from Kytana so they can both gather more info.

Gather Info! 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Primordial Ooze

Kytana and Grynbarl spend their idle time seeing what might be found out - but nothing they elicit raises any suspicion. It appears to just be a scheduled performance - though Neheb's attendance has brought some opportunistic ticket bookings for the same reason that you are trying to get in - a chance to meet him.

Returning with the others to the theater the set up is tiring work, but relatively easy. It is predominately re-sorting and touching up backgrounds. Clearing detritus, re-oiling mechanisms for drawing heavy curtains and cleaning.


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

While we are backstage I look for any way to move from backstage to the house. Also, I want to see what the layout of the theatre is. Regular stage? Thrust? Arena?

I also talk with the other workers to find out exactly how the performance works. Is it a competition? A dance performance?


Primordial Ooze

Kytana can find no means of passage from backstage to the house itself. At least not without a lengthy diversion through the building that is not plain to see. The theatre is laid out as in the shape of a seashell, though fully enclosed on all sides and access to the stage solely from the flanks. The backstage area is reasonably cramped and you could only imagine will be more-so during the performance itself.

Already stated it is a dance performance. Much like a ballet in terms of how the performance will be structured - perform, intermission, perform, applause, encore.


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

"Well this got us a look at the place through some hard work, but I don't think we are closer to out goal if we can't move freely into the seats from here. And the size of the backstage means we will be conspicuous loitering here."


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

@ DM VoV - Is there a way to get from backstage to the house? Some passage? Up through the catwalks? Can we explore the building?

To the group: Well, we could always create some type a diversion so that the house get some action. Fires are bad, but perhaps one of you could summon some type of critter that would cause a temporary breakdown in the division between house and stage. Say summon a dog or a gazelle or something. When everyone is confused, we make a break for the house. Once we are in the house, then it should not be that difficult to hide in the crowd.

--> If there is no way something like this would work based upon the layout of the building, let me know.


Primordial Ooze

Kytana - something like that could possibly succeed, but would also create a bit of a kerfuffle that would be difficult to answer if you're noticed.
Are you wanting to talk to the guy, or just get a look at him?

Hints if Needed:
You could look to give the doorman a night off and greet as the guests arrive - though you'll not have a chance for speaking then.
Neheb is a known collector of artifacts... you know a purveyor of artifacts... perhaps those could be put to purpose?
Have you checked the compass lately? - and also, that will tell you if Neheb carries the item in question with him as he comes.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

We are currently trying to keep Lathrat out of things.

I agree, keeping someone on the door could be a good idea - Setesh is happy to try that, if no-one else speaks up.

Once the guests have arrived, Setesh will surreptitously take out the Wayfinder, and try to get a bead on the key's location.


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Do we have time to rememorize spells? I am trying to think of options, but could use any thoughts from the rest of you.

Really, there are the following options that I can think of:

1) Sneak in
2) Buy our way in $$$$
3) Wait outside for him to leave (possible bodyguard issues)
4) Create diversion (appears to get a ??? from the DM)
5) Use other magic to get in (I have hold person, but not Invisibility or anything else really helpful unless we have enough time to rememorize spells.
6) Seduce our way in --Noor, that would be you most likely
7) Any other ideas


Primordial Ooze

You can choose the most advantageous spells you want to prepare.
Noor doesn't do seduction :P
From checking the wayfinder during the day it appears to have remained in exactly the same position.


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:

Noor doesn't do seduction :P

Lol - I am new to the group, figured she would be better at it than say Setesh with his claws.

_____

Ok, spells changed:
Charm Person x2
Unseen Servant

Level 2
Hold Person x2
______

Well all, I am not a big fan of deception, but sometimes it is necessary. I do have the ability to cast a spell which will charm a person and make them my friend for a few hours. As with many spells, there is no guaranty of success, but if it works, we could probably get the doorman to let us in.

_______

While backstage, I talk with some of the other workers and try to find out who is going to be manning the front door this evening - who is responsible for checking tickets that is. Also, what are the tickets? Is it something that could be duplicated and is there only one person checking them (like at most normal theaters in the USA - and I assume most other modern countries.)

Diplomacy(gather info): 1d20 ⇒ 18


Male Human (Garundi) Magus 3

"Wait, wait, wait. It stays in the same place during the day? I don't think he's wearing it, friends. It seems to me that this Neheb may know more about the item than we thought. Perhaps he knows something of its true value."


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Or perhaps he is staying at home today.


Primordial Ooze

Do the others have an input? - I'm aware we've stagnated, but wanted to get the weekend out of the way before I pushed things forward too much.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori 3

If I'd been entirely kept up on the thread, I might have had some, but what's already here is pretty much what Grynbarl would have said anyway, so it works out. Sorry I was gone without warning.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

Setesh shrugs.

"I dare say that even if he did wear it, as long as he does not leave his compound, we would not notice the minor movement of the dot, unless we were quite close."

Setesh will check the bearing on the key once the guests have all arrived.


Primordial Ooze

I've blended intents a little and skipped some slow bits to get to the nitty gritty. Hope no-one minds...

After your work behind the stage is finished, you manage to get to talking with the stagehand that will be manning the door. As fate may have it, he's open to being relieved as his par amour will be leaving town on a caravan come morning and he'd prefer to be spending his time with him rather than working. A promise of decorum and that you won't create a ruckus is sufficient to assuage his concerns and Setesh is able to supplant him.

Working off of a written list, you are required to check off the patrons as they arrive and settle in for your night of tedious work. Just before the first guests arrive, you're able to let the security grow sufficiently slack that your companions can breach the building and mingle inside. They will not have seats for the performance, and would needs to remain circumspect lest they drawn attention and ejection upon themselves, but you are inside.

Guests begin to arrive for the evening and Setesh checks them off. After an hour or more, a well dressed Osiriani in a sleeveless robe arrives and strides past you with a Katapeshi mistress bedecked in veils and sheer silk on his arm. A deferential servant approaches Setesh and states "The eminent Neheb and his guest..."

1,551 to 1,600 of 1,759 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Voice's Osirion Expedition - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.