Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Voice's Osirion Expedition (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

Sent into the Sahure Wastes by Lathrat Ke'shin an 'entrepreneur', the party seeks to recover ancient treasures of the Four Pharoahs....


1,451 to 1,500 of 1,759 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Primordial Ooze

Cowed first by the might of the scarab being and then by the fact that the party has forced it to yield, the fat man and thuggees need no encouragement to make from the area at haste. Leaving the party alone with the snake that crawled from Tarik's pack. The snake slithers forward to the robe that was left behind when the Khepera scattered and gives it a desultory sniff before turning back towards the party. It slithers towards Tarik, and when close it's form shimmers and warps back into the spyglass that was taken from the vault of Hetshepsu.

Tarik:
The being contacts you mentally once more Retrieve me master, we should leave this place and talk in private


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori 3

Rising to his feet once more, Grynbarl Oukhreid nattered to himself about ancient history, but quit once he realized he didn't know enough to come to a reasonable conclusion.

"Well, that was exciting in the manner of a brush with death, but let's not let it tarnish our day, shall we? I don't think I introduced myself earlier, and if I did I'll blame it on age.

"Grynbarl Oukhreid, priest of Irori, tenuously at the service of you and your companions, provided any of you can provide me with a modicum of information about that thing or what it might want with all of you.

"Come to think of it, what might it want with me? Unless of course it just got angry at anyone in front of it."


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

I know a decent pub around the corner. They have a great fried scorpion dish, and quiet corners where we can talk as I too am interested in why a servant of the long dead Pharaohs would be seeking you all.


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

Noor sheathes her sword with a snap. "Wouldn't be the first, but that is not a tale for the streets...lead on."

As they walk she adds, "I am Noor, and this is Setesh and Tarik. We have another companion, but he is not in the city presently."


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Good to meet you Noor. So what brings you all to this desert city? Clearly most of you are not native to this land.


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

We were following a star...no wait, that's the wrong three.

"We have a unique compass that guided us here. We are looking for something here in the city. Something the compass points to. We know it is close, but paused in the search to get some shopping done. And then...well...all this happened."


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Can I see this compass? I have always had a great interest in all things Osirian, particularly items from ancient Osiria.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

Setesh moves forward to retrieve the cloak abandoned by the scarab creature.

Even if it is not magical, think of the bragging rights ;-)

He then nods at Kytana's suggestion.

"As long as we can get a private room, that should be fine."


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Will have to wait on the DM for that. I assume I know something about the area and would know where a decent pub is.


Male Human (Garundi) Magus 3

Doing his best to hold his jaw shut, Tarik simply nods at Kytana as she introduces herself. Mesmerized, he picks up the spyglass, his attention devoted to it. "Such incredible things the ancient Pharaohs wielded. I can only imagine how they came across such wonders."

Gingerly placing the spyglass back in his pack, Tarik thinks to himself that perhaps he should acquire some sort of case for it. Something fitting for such a wondrous being, of course.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori 3

"A compass, you say? That finds things from the era of the Four Pharaohs? Might you display such a wonder, that I could gaze upon its secrets? From the safety of your own hands, of course, not to offend."


Primordial Ooze

Kytana is indeed able to recall a reasonably discreet inn nearby that has private rooms. Given the dearth of people, you are able to slip away without anyone noticing or challending you and before the watch arrives at the market alley.

Entering the House of Muad inn, you request a private room and the Osiriani waitress is only too willing to help once her palm is crossed with a coin of gold. You are led to the rear of the inn where a private room with low table and eight chairs is provided. Before leaving you to your talk, the Osiriani girl asks what food and drink she could bring.

The table already has a small bowl of olives in oil and some dried dates upon it.


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

I order a wine and an order of fried scorpions.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Now then, what brings you all to this desert town? At least some of you are clearly not from the area, yet you are all apparently chasing ancient rumors about the Four Pharaohs from the sounds of things.

After asking this, I take an olive and pop it in my mouth savoring the salty taste.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

Glancing to Tarik and Noor for confirmation, Setesh reverently retrieves the Wayfinder from his pack.

"This is the device that we have been using. It came with a series of stones that could be placed inside it; when so inserted, they indicate the direction of one of the three keys necessary to open a vault of wonders. We have retrieved one so far, and it seems that there is a second one somewhere in this city; but it has been moving around, so we think that someone else has already found it..."


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Turning to Setesh and thinking for a minute.

You seek three keys to a vault of wonders? What pray tell do you expect to find in this vault of wonders? So far, it seems you have found a very powerful wizard or sorcerer with a body composed of bugs. I would consider that a rather dangerous find.


Male Human (Garundi) Magus 3

"Our employer has not been very forthcoming about what we might find there, simply that he desires a certain amount of what we find, and perchance certain objects. Other than that, I can tell you little."

Tarik simply asks for water.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori 3

Grynbarl asks for a shot of something heavy to chase the recent experience he's had, and something simple to dine on while he thinks.

Food always helps the memory.

"A strange compass young one. Strange indeed. You say it tracks something inside the city? Where now does it point? Perhaps you shall yet find what you seek."


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Well, should you be looking for another traveling companion, I would be interested. As with most Osirian cities, I tend to wear out my welcome after a while. I sort of have a habit of bringing luck to those playing games with con artists. Unfortunately this tends to not bring much good will from the con artists or the guards who they frequently have dealings with. You saw an example of this today before scarab man showed up.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

Setesh nods.

"I would have no objection to some additional travelling companions."


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

Noor beams, "It would be most welcome to have another woman in our company." But then she turns serious, "But I must warn you...or maybe I don't. You saw what faced us. There is a chance for great reward, but also great danger."


Primordial Ooze

The serving girl brings your drinks and food and then respectfully gives you privacy.

Tarik - up to you whether you bring the spyglass back out, but if you did... the creature would be willing to answer questions and give some more detail on what the heck is going on ;)


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

Setesh delicately samples a fried scorpion, and chews thoughtfully.

"Perhaps we should have a chat with Tarik's talking snake... It seemed to be remarkably well-informed, and to know the scarab-beast."


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Yes, that is a very interesting snake, er spyglass. May I see it and the compass? I have seen many strange and unusual things in my wanderings, but never items clearly dating from the era of the Four Pharaohs.


Male Human (Garundi) Magus 3

"I am as bewildered as you. I knew it was some form of raksha, but I had no idea it commanded such power. Perhaps..." Tarik takes out the spyglass out again, holding it in his hands. Will you answer a few questions, great being?


Primordial Ooze

Tarik places the spyglass upon the table and communicates with it telepathically. It responds by shifting it's form back into the tiny red snake that you saw earlier. Rearing up on it's hindquarters it turns it's head to regard the room tasting the air experimentally. It speaks in Ancient Osiriani "I am not great, Master... but I will answer your questions."

It's speaking in Ancient Osiriani, but as we're out of combat please feel free to converse even if you aren't a natural speaker.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

"How about we start with whom you are, and who exactly was the being we encountered in the alley...?"


Primordial Ooze

As the snake sways you could swear that a wry smile crosses it's mouth "I am less than I was before, but still here. If you are in need of a name... you can call me Ta'zeer." the smile fading as the snake continues "The Khepera should be long dead, but must have found a way to linger... It was once a man, though that was in the time when I was more than you see today. It was once beloved... but later cursed."

The snake pauses and continues with a resigned tone "You are lucky to be on sacred ground. If not, I would not have been able to soothe it's hunger. Though I have also made the golden oasis a prison for you."

Ta'zeer is Ancient Osiriani for punishment


Male Human (Garundi) Magus 3

"Punishment? I see. Well, Ta'zeer, can you tell us what we have been sent to seek? These stones are hardly talkative. What kind of things will we find in a search for the treasures of the Four Pharaohs?"


Primordial Ooze

The snake's head sways from side to side "I was not party to all of Hetshepsu's secrets... Before I was sealed in for my ta'zeer I was told that what is sought must find it's way to the hand of man... and be destroyed"


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

Noor ignores the food, not yet hungry so soon after the humbling encounter. "Our benefactor will not like the sound of that, although....somehow I suspect Bas'rac will be fine with it."


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Benefactor? Bas'rac? Who is this benefactor Bas'rac you speak of? I cannot say that I am familiar with his name, although I am no as travelled as I am sure you all are.

Speaking to the snake - What exactly is it that is sought? This does not sound like some quick excursion into the desert.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

"Bas'rac is not our benefactor. He was our caravan master, and had an interest in what we were doing - he is a member of the Living Monoliths of Osirion. His Order support the discovery of the four vaults, so that they can protect them for posterity."


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori 3

"A Living Monolith was your caravan master? Truly? Why then is he not here with you and the strange things that you bear, and the strange things that follow you?"


Male Human (Garundi) Magus 3

Tarik interjects "He said he wished to discuss the events we had experienced with his order. Perhaps he sees something our employer did not?" Tarik shrugs, unsure of what might motivate a Living Monolith.


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

A Living Monolith, one does not meet a Living Monolith every day. They are very dedicated to their cause. If your quest has the approval of their order, then it is good for this land.


Primordial Ooze

Responding to Kytana, Ta'zeer speaks with solemnity "When the four pharaohs sacked the lands of the Tekritanin League they were able to claim it's riches. One of the items they recovered was deemed too dangerous to allow it's use. All four pharaoh entered into a pact that the item was to be sealed away and never allowed to see the light of day again..."

At the talk of Bas'rac and his order Ta'zeer appears heartened "To have the sphinx aligned with you is a boon for which you should be thankful."

Ta'zeer also has his interest piqued by talk of your employer "He who has sent you on this quest? Tell me of him."


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Turning to the others: Yes, who is this mysterious employer who has send such talented individuals on a quest filled with . . . thousand year old wizards made of scarabs.


Male Human (Garundi) Magus 3

Tarik takes a drink before responding. "Where to begin? I suppose a name is best. He tells us he is Lathrat Ke'shin, a merchant of some reputation. I believe is a planes wanderer, a jinn of some sort, that takes great delight in procuring the strangest wares for patrons from throughout the cosmic tapestry."


Primordial Ooze

The snake's eyes narrow at the statement that Lathrat is a planes wanderer hissing "What manner of creature is he? Surely it cannot be the same..."


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

Setesh raises an eyebrow.

"Four arms? Blue skin? Is that ringing any bells?"

When the snake starts to whisper, he narrows his eyes.

"The same as what, exactly?"


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Kytana looks at her new companions and then at the snake.

Do you know of this person, or creature? Is it from your time, from the days of the Tekritanin League and the Four Pharaohs?


Primordial Ooze

The snake's unease grows "There was a... purveyor that sold both tangibles and intangibles to the four pharaoh during their reign... the description that you have given is akin to his, though I did not know what name he used in the time before."


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Turning to the others: What type of a deal did you make with this benefactor in which you agreed to delve into tombs untouched for thousands of years and fight against ancient mages made of scarabs?


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

Setesh shrugs.

"To be fair, no mention was made of ancient mages made of scarabs in the job description, and we did only just encounter it for the first time..."


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori 3

"More to your job than meets they eye, eh? Happens often enough, though this employer of yours picked well if you've survived this long...perhaps too well."


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

Its weird to come back to a thread that you thought you posted on and go 'where is my post from yesterday?'

"The deal was simple at the time. He finances the expedition and provides us the information and tools to complete it, in exchange he claims first choice of recovered items. This seemed more than fair. Of course, we were not thinking that the one item might be something so dangerous the Four Pharaohs feared it. Bas'rac was there to lend credibility to the situation, but I imagine he will be less than pleased by recent developments."


Female Human(Garundi-Osirian) Witch 3

Was this Bas'rac working with your benefactor? And I definitely think that you, or we if I decide that this whole escapade is not to insanely dangerous, should investigate exactly what this items is before it is returned. If it is too dangerous, it might be preferable to keep it or destroy it rather than return it. After all, it is better to be on the run from a power figure, than to allow a powerful item to fall into the hands of a powerful, and possible evil, individual who will use it to harm the land.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

Setesh shrugs.

"Our contract was to allow our employer first pick of all items recovered. Nothing was said about the state of the items. It would certainly be feasible for us to present him with the remains of the destroyed artifact, or to simply destroy it, and not present it to him at all, since it was never 'recovered'..."


Primordial Ooze

Thoughts turn to what your way forward might be?


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1 (HP 9/9) (AC 18/14/14) (CMD 15) (Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0) (Init +4) (Perception +9)

Well, Setesh wants to track down the key within this city :-)

1,451 to 1,500 of 1,759 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Voice's Osirion Expedition - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.