Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Voice's Envoy of Geb - An Undead Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

The Shadow Claw has sent you forth as a vanguard of Geb to seek a book that may hold the key to where Nex has been hiding all these years...


251 to 300 of 2,552 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Murmur stamps his foot in agitation. Stupid mage that made this place must be dreadfully boring, disliking illusions so much. Maybe there's something in the room more interesting that the metal doll.

Murmur's completely useless against this guy, so he'll search the room, being sure to stay out of the golem's reach.

Perception check: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27

Inspire Courage lingers for two rounds.


Primordial Ooze

Murmur:
You notice a small ghostly figure that looks not unlike a gnome hovering in one corner of the room, viewing the proceedings.
Also, the door that leads outside seems strange to you. You are not sure why, but you get a sense it would be wise to not approach it.
The rest of the room is depressingly empty.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Now that he's in close, Gathroc lays into the golem with Zhennuelge. 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (18) + 28 = 46 Primary attack 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (12) + 28 = 40 Crit confirm 2d10 + 32 + 1d10 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 9) + 32 + (10) + (6, 3) + 2 = 64 Critical damage 1d6 ⇒ 6 Viciousness damage to Gathroc

1d20 + 23 ⇒ (3) + 23 = 26 Secondary attack

168/190 HP


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

I am pretty much useless against this creature as well.

I will look around the room and see if there is anything that I could use against the golem or anything that seems interesting.

Perception 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (20) + 25 = 45


Primordial Ooze

Daemon - refer to Murmur's spoiler, you notice the same.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

DM:
I will cast detect magic and look towards the gnome like figure as I begin making my way towards him stealthily, avoiding the battle.

Stealth 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (16) + 23 = 39
Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30 along with detect magic to figure out if the gnome is an illusion, scrying spell, etc.
Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23 to see if the gnome actually is a ghost


Round 1: Init: 23, AC: 39 (43 vs AoO), HP: 134/148

Euridicea tsked as her dress got ripped, not even paying any mind to the wounds already beginning to seal from the golem's strike. She jumped back several feet from out of the construct's reach as she started to rip a ruined section of her dress from around her midriff. Her eyes narrowed as she started to recall a spell to cast upon the golem to show her ire.

Full round action: Withdraw from the Golem's 10ft reach. No AoO. Next round she will be casting Call Lightning on the Golem. Its time for him to sloooow down.

DM:
What does the golem's attack count for DR purposes? It enough to bypass Magic & Silver & Cold Iron?


Primordial Ooze

Daemon:
The ghostly image is a scrying byproduct, you are fairly sure that the observer is nearby.
The image has not seemed to notice your approach.

Euridicea:
Now that I look at it, probably doesn't bypass anything, feel free to reduce the AoO damage by your DR.... dress stays ripped though :P

Vesta's spell takes hold on the creature and it's movement slow while Gabriel and Gathroc continue to wail upon the creature.

Will update a full attack from Ignac later on.
Am finding the image of a huge iron golem getting smacked around by a human sized crawling hand patently hilarious...

Action Tracker (Round 3): Euridicea, Daemon, Murmur, Gabriel, Vesta / Ignac / Gathroc, Iron Doll

Damage Tracker: 159


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Round 3
Vesta waves her arms and says something arcane.

"Com a velocidade de morte!""with the speed of death ;-) "

Several (if not all) party members feel as though every muscle (or whatever serves the same function) is brimming with electricity.

Targeting as many party members as possible within 30 feet of each other, definitely those attacking the golem. Everyone else is a secondary concern. Those affected are hasted. See spell description in spoiler for effects.

Haste:

Haste

School transmutation; Level bard 3, sorcerer/wizard 3

Casting Time 1 standard action

Components V, S, M (a shaving of licorice root)

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)

Targets one creature/level, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart

Duration 1 round/level

Saving Throw Fortitude negates (harmless); Spell Resistance yes (harmless)

The transmuted creatures move and act more quickly than normal. This extra speed has several effects.

When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding. The attack is made using the creature's full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a speed weapon, nor does it actually grant an extra action, so you can't use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round.)

A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonus es.

All of the hasted creature's modes of movement (including land movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet, to a maximum of twice the subject's normal speed using that form of movement. This increase counts as an enhancement bonus, and it affects the creature's jumping distance as normal for increased speed. Multiple haste effects don't stack. Haste dispels and counters slow .


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Euridicea, The Hollow Maiden wrote:

Round 1: Init: 23, AC: 39 (43 vs AoO), HP: 134/148

Euridicea tsked as her dress got ripped, not even paying any mind to the wounds already beginning to seal from the golem's strike. She jumped back several feet from out of the construct's reach as she started to rip a ruined section of her dress from around her midriff. Her eyes narrowed as she started to recall a spell to cast upon the golem to show her ire.

Full round action: Withdraw from the Golem's 10ft reach. No AoO. Next round she will be casting Call Lightning on the Golem. Its time for him to sloooow down.

** spoiler omitted **

Note that Vesta just hit it with lightning, which I'm sure you noticed. No need to waste your spell.


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Heh. What's not to love? ;-)

Round 3:

155/180 hp, Haste

Experiencing a sudden electric thrill, even as he notes the doll's movements slow down, Gabriel continues to slap the huge construct silly!

+1 Adamantine Brass Knuckles: 1d20 + 24 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 24 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 34, for 1d1 + 10 + 2 + 5d6 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 + (5, 5, 1, 1, 6) = 31 Magical Adamantine Bludgeoning damage.

+1 Adamantine Brass Knuckles, iterative: 1d20 + 24 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 24 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 43, for 1d1 + 10 + 2 + 5d6 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 + (2, 4, 2, 1, 4) = 26 Magical Adamantine Bludgeoning damage.

+1 Adamantine Brass Knuckles, Haste: 1d20 + 24 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 24 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 39, for 1d1 + 10 + 2 + 5d6 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 + (5, 2, 6, 5, 5) = 36 Magical Adamantine Bludgeoning damage.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Haste is the single highest Damage output spell there is when you have a couple of heavy hitters on your team. ;-)


Murmur glances at the battle, noting that the hand seems to be quite more powerful than it looked at first glance, then returns his attention to what caught his eye. He casts Detect Magic.

DM:

Murmur will scan both the gnome figure and the door, looking for magical auras.

Inspire Courage lingers for 1 more round.


Gabriel, your iterative attack in your last post should be +19, not +24. Also, you go before Vesta, so you shouldn't have Haste this round.


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Correct on the iterative; I forgot to change it when I copy-pasted. With regards to the Haste, if Vesta announced her intentions, Gabriel would have delayed to wait for it.


Primordial Ooze

It's a wash anyway as Gabriel will knock over the Golem this round without the hasted attack anyway.
I did miss the Golem's attack though:

Gabriel Attack: 1d20 + 28 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 28 - 1 = 42 for 2d10 + 16 - 1 ⇒ (5, 6) + 16 - 1 = 26

The golem collapses motionless to the floor as Gabriel strikes it once more with his enchanted brass knuckles.

Murmur:
The door and gnome figure both radiate magic - give me a spellcraft for more details


DM:

No ranks in Spellcraft, but Knowledge: Arcana should let me identify the school of magic.

Knowledge: Arcana check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

With the construct having fallen, Gabriel wastes no time.

Right then. Our little dance has probably set off a number of alarms. We should continue on our way, quickly.

He then heads off in the direction of the door that leads deeper/higher into the tower...


Primordial Ooze

What door that leads deeper/higher?
Only visible exits from the room are the one you came in and the door to the bridge.

Murmur:
The gnome radiates Divination, while the door is a mixture of Transmutation and Abjuration.


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Ah, never mind.

Gabriel starts to methodically look around for (secret) doors that do not lead back outside the tower...

Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39.

EDIT: For the record, Gabriel has a climb speed, so he is perfectly capable of going all over the walls, and even the ceiling, if necessary :-)


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Vesta will test the ceiling for protection vs incorporeal(really need a short woed for that) while she searches for valuables.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Vesta, how about just PvI?

Gathroc will sift through the remains of the golem. "Perhaps we should just take the obvious way out. Sometimes that is the best tactic"


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

Realizing that the "gnome" is a scrying spell and knowing that I have nothing I would be willing to waste to dispel it I go over and examine the door.

knowledge(arcane) 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19
Spellcraft 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Gathroc The Betrayer wrote:
Vesta, how about just PvI?

works for me


"The wizard has left a trick on the door. Transmutation and Abjuration magic, so be careful unless you want him-" Murmur points to the image of the gnome, "to have his fun."


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
_Murmur wrote:
"The wizard has left a trick on the door. Transmutation and Abjuration magic, so be careful unless you want him-" Murmur points to the image of the gnome, "to have his fun."

Examining the door with detect magic to determine what spells are active

spell craft 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28


Primordial Ooze

Will update later tonight when I have the time


Primordial Ooze

Vesta - the roof does not resist the probe of your finger, do you attempt to rise through?

Gathroc:
The golem appears to have been made partially hollow, and some of the smaller parts have not yet stopped moving.

As Daemon moves to approach the door to study it, it deforms around it's hinges and seeks to engulf him.

Slam Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 if a hit, then Initiate Grapple: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Vesta:
You recognize the door as an animated object

There is no treasure present in the room, but will resolve searches for doors, etc - after the danger is past.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

I do not attempt to go through the ceiling just yet

"that's a ..." vesta attempth to say just as the door reaches out to attack "...trap." vesta finishes in a quiet voice, since the point became moot.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"Great, now a door is trying to eat me." I say as I struggle to get way from it.

Just high enough to get me :/

CMB to escape the door1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Noting the door trying to eat Daemon, Gabriel abandons his search for the moment, to come to the aid of the Lich!

+1 Adamantine Brass Knuckles: 1d20 + 24 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 24 + 2 + 1 = 30, for 1d1 + 10 + 5d6 ⇒ (1) + 10 + (3, 1, 1, 2, 3) = 21 Magical Adamantine Bludgeoning damage.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

I'm not sure if I can do this, but vesta will attempt to telekinetically grapple the door. She wants to force it open so Deamon can escape. I think it'd be considered a pin. At the very least give him a bonus to escape.

Telekinesis exerpt:
Combat Maneuver: Alternatively, once per round, you can use telekinesis to perform a bull rush, disarm, grapple (including pin), or trip. Resolve these attempts as normal, except that they don't provoke attacks of opportunity, you use your caster level in place of your Combat Maneuver Bonus, and you add your Intelligence modifier (if a wizard) or Charisma modifier (if a sorcerer) in place of your Strength or Dexterity modifier. No save is allowed against these attempts, but spell resistance applies normally. This version of the spell can last 1 round per caster level, but it ends if you cease concentration.

telekinetic Cmb 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21


Primordial Ooze

Was pausing to allow the other party members to declare actions

Daemon is able to wrest himself free from the door with Vesta's disembodied assistance and stumbles back from the portal. The door returns upon its hinges and sits motionless again.

Gabriel - you can still assault the door if you like?


The sight of a door attacking and attempting to swallow Daemon sends Murmur into a giggling fit. He'd been warned, and didn't heed the warning. After Daemon breaks free, Murmur studies the door (from a distance).

Knowledge: Arcana check to identify what the door is: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

With Daemon free, Gabriel will hold-off on assaulting the door, and return to searching the room (as above).


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

"hummm... Vesta thinks

Vesta stares at the door a moment from a distance then she steels herself before throwing her arms forward making a grasping motion toward the door

She is attempting to reach out telekinetically to grapple the door and either throw it to the floor or hold it against the wall in the open position

CMB 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20


Primordial Ooze

Murmur:
The door is an animated object, and you gauge it must be under orders to attempt to detain any unauthorised creature that approaches it.

Vesta - I'll let you grapple the door this round and can attempt to force it open by 'pinning' it next round. But the door just leads to the bridge outside.

Gabriel resumes his methodical search of the room for secretive ways and means.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Vesta - I'll let you grapple the door this round and can attempt to force it open by 'pinning' it next round. But the door just leads to the bridge outside.

Gabriel resumes his methodical search of the room for secretive ways and means.

Oh, I thought the door led to the next area

Vesta just wanted to see if she could, which she can so she'll watch to see what the others are doing.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Gathroc just watches the door attempt to eat Daemon and sighs "That wasn't very smart. Regardless, we need a way out of here. Do we know if that door/bridge goes anywhere important??"


Primordial Ooze
Gathroc The Betrayer wrote:
"Do we know if that door/bridge goes anywhere important??"

Door goes outside, there is not any apparent way to gain access to the upper levels... though Gabriel is searching for one


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"Why yes it does, it leads outside in-fact. There must be some other way to get to the next level of the tower and we had better find it quickly. The owner knows we are here by now I am sure."


Primordial Ooze

Just reminding that the ghostly figure noticed by some is still there is you want to attempt to interact with it / do something to it.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
Just reminding that the ghostly figure noticed by some is still there is you want to attempt to interact with it / do something to it.

Vesta is going to run her hand along/through the wall as she floats towards the apparition. She'll cast detect magic at 60' away, but move to within 5 feet if she sees nothing to raise alarm.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

She's still looking for secret doors etc

perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

After being attacked by the door I will be more wary and stop 10ft away from the "Gnome"

"Are you just an observer or do you have a part to play in all of this?" I ask it.


Primordial Ooze

Vesta:
You identify the image as part of a close range scrying spell

The gnome image replies "That is a curious question to ask the owner of the tower that you have just assaulted. What purpose do you abominations have in my home?"


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

The gnome image replies "That is a curious question to ask the owner of the tower that you have just assaulted. What purpose do you abominations have in my home?"

"He definitely know's we're here Vesta says sardonically


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"We have been sent here on an errand to recover an item from you, if you are agreeable we will take the item and leave without further fuss. If however you refuse I believe that you can see that we have no issues with tearing this tower down around your ears as we search for it."

Intimidate 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Sense Motive 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (6) + 25 = 31


Primordial Ooze

The gnome laughs at your attempted intimidation "Such a powerful lich to be insulting shadows. Why I have many 'items' that you may take. I have not yet emptied my chamber pot this morning, perhaps that will sate your desires?"

Daemon Sense Motive Results:
While the gnome is confident, you do get a hint that he is concerned as to your presence. Particularly the fact that you are undead.

Role call - are Euridicea and Ignac out there?


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

Yeah, I'm here, when I got back, there just wasn't a whole lot for me to do.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:

The gnome laughs at your attempted intimidation "Such a powerful lich to be insulting shadows. Why I have many 'items' that you may take. I have not yet emptied my chamber pot this morning, perhaps that will sate your desires?"

** spoiler omitted **

Role call - are Euridicea and Ignac out there?

In her hollow far away voice Vesta responds to the apparation,

"If you'll show us to your bed chamber we'll be happy to inspect that particular item and let you know if it is sufficient." Vesta says with a hint of venom and sarcasm in her voice.

Edit: Woot! 300 Posts!

251 to 300 of 2,552 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Voice's Envoy of Geb - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.