Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Voice's Envoy of Geb - An Undead Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

The Shadow Claw has sent you forth as a vanguard of Geb to seek a book that may hold the key to where Nex has been hiding all these years...


2,251 to 2,300 of 2,552 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>

Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

I suspect this is going to go south quickly. So here's my action just in case I'm away from the boards.

Vesta's round 1 action:

Vesta's first move is going to be to stealth-fully move up to the Mhorg

Stealth 1d20 + 43 ⇒ (7) + 43 = 50

And attempt to possess him

Touch attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 <--Not sure if this is needed, but rolling just in case. Remember if he doesn't see me he's also flat footed and unable to otherwise defend himself.

If everything else goes according to plan the Mhorg will need to make a DC29 Will save to keep me out of his body.

If the touch attack fails she's still stealthy (Hide in plain sight) and will retry until she gets him.

Remembering this is the magic jar spell, which can take over undead.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

"Again, apologies. I did not mean to cause you an inconvenience. As I said I am just a tired old elf." 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 Bluff

::"Whenever you all are ready, let us spring this trap. I will try to draw as many of them into the barn as possible"::

Vesta, remember that we need you to trigger the trap. Don't go possessing the enemy just yet.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Gathroc The Betrayer wrote:

"Again, apologies. I did not mean to cause you an inconvenience. As I said I am just a tired old elf." 1d20+12 Bluff

::"Whenever you all are ready, let us spring this trap. I will try to draw as many of them into the barn as possible"::

Vesta, remember that we need you to trigger the trap. Don't go possessing the enemy just yet.

They're not in the barn yet and the sun's not up.


Primordial Ooze

The vampire on the cart is unmoved by your exhortation. He instead removes his outer coat, shrugging it off to reveal pale skin with rippling muscles beneath. He affixed his gaze upon the strange elf once more "You have but moments old one... use them well"


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Telepathy via Gabbriel

::This is going downhill quickly. We'll probably have to take them out in a moment.::


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Agreed. It looks like we won't be able to wait for sunrise...


Primordial Ooze

Just need Gathroc's reaction to the vampire's re-urging that he make way


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

::"There's no way to slow them down that long, we have a good hour before the sun makes its fiery appearance. Vesta, if I drop my guise, will you be ready to make Ignac tumble down, provided they come into the barn to try and remove me?"::


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Gathroc The Betrayer wrote:
::"There's no way to slow them down that long, we have a good hour before the sun makes its fiery appearance. Vesta, if I drop my guise, will you be ready to make Ignac tumble down, provided they come into the barn to try and remove me?"::

::Or he could jump while I try and posess the Mhorg. if the suns not up there is no reason to destroy the shack, yet. ::


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

I'm still here just being a bystander until the battle starts.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Daemon Son-of-none wrote:
I'm still here just being a bystander until the battle starts.

Thank you for omitting the word "innocent." ;-)


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

What? Millicent Bystander? Where? (This will only be funny if you have seen flushed away, and probably not even then)


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

I'm waiting for a plan to be finalized.


Primordial Ooze

DM is giving Gathroc one last chance to do something in response to the vampire's urgings before something is done to him...


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

::"Now that I think about it, perhaps it might be best to let them go to ground. We then wait out the hour till the sun rises, and attack with its aid. That should give us all the advantage we need"::


Primordial Ooze

Impatient that the one within the safehouse has taken so long to heed such a simple command, the vampire nods to the mohrg beside him. The purplish being at the center of the skeletal form pulsates rhythmically before a wave of intangible magical force bursts within the confines of the warehouse...
Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
...and Gathroc's disguise melts away leaving him appearing as the dullahan he truly is. The vampire spawn that opened the doors hiss and fall back to the meatwagon.

The vampire chuckles, a deep resonant tone "So one of the Claw's lapdogs... you are more pitiful then I thought"

Telepathy still takes time, and you'd shown no sign of conforming to his request.
Gabriel and Gathroc have not yet been discovered.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Actually, it should be just like speech, which are free actions taking up little time. Obviously, long drawn out conversations would take up significant time. Clearly, that's not what I'm doing here.


Primordial Ooze

Gathroc - it is just like speech. I suggest you read out loud to yourself while timing the two paragraph length messages that you posted. Even if you're especially exciteable I'm guessing you can't get it out inside 6 seconds.

This is far from unreasonable, as you've made no IC effort to even show a pantomine of conforming with the ultimatum offered by the vampire.


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Gabriel continues to wait, hidden in the shadows...

...although he tenses, ready to spring, when Gathroc's "cover" is blown.

I doubt that we can wait for sunrise, he quips dryly.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

::Oh, screw this!:: vesta thinks in a very unladylike fashion.

Vesta makes sure her invisibility is working then attempts to sneak near the Mhorg and touch it. When moving she'll stay mostly submerged in the ground to help with stealth even if it can see invisibility. She'll get under the cart and reach through it to try to touch the Mhorg.

Stealth 1d20 + 43 ⇒ (7) + 43 = 50 (-20 if invisibility isn't a factor, but remember vesta still has Hide in Plain sight)

Touch attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

If she touches him she will attempt to possess him and he needs to make a will save DC 24.

If she doesn't touch she'll keep trying until she does while maintaing her stealth.


Primordial Ooze

Re-reading the malevolence ability, I don't believe you actually need a touch attack. It just mentions needing to be adjacent.
But - I'm taking things to initiative now, so Vesta's surprise round action will be to move forward. You'll need to wait on your turn in Round 1 to attempt the possession.

Initiative Block:
Gathroc: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Gabriel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Ignac: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Daemon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Vesta: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Vamp, Mohrg and Pals: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Action Tracker (Round 1): Gabriel, Daemon, Gathroc, Vamp + Mohrg + Pals, Vesta, Ignac

Please note - I've gone to initiative as it's now time critical as to what happens in what order and this helps to track that. However the vamps have not yet taken any combat relevant action, nor do they know explicitly that there is anything present apart from the unmasked Gathroc within the warehouse.
Previous map is still fairly relevant - and I won't get an update chance until later tonight.


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Gabriel carefully moves forward, doing his best to edge closer to the vampire leader without being seen...


Primordial Ooze

Gabriel is undetected in his stalk, taking his time and finishing just shy of the skeletal horses.

Action Tracker (Round 1): Gabriel, Daemon, Gathroc, Vamp + Mohrg + Pals, Vesta, Ignac

Map


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

I am holding my action until something significant happens, then I may mass bull strength or enlarge person someone.


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

I'm holding as well.


Primordial Ooze

So just need Gathroc's immediate response to his unmasking


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

"Drat, you figured me out. Shame that. Means I'm going to have to kill you now. Ah well, that was probably going to happen any way." Gathroc says, still casually leaning on his curveblade.


Primordial Ooze

Perceptions:
2d20 ⇒ (7, 9) = 16

The vampire smirks slightly as he cracks his knuckles "Death did not weaken me the first time... and I have no fear of you now... though I am curious to discover why you are here chasing meat across the countryside like a rat." The mohrg stands at his side, relatively motionless while the spawn remain warily at guard beside the meatwagon.

They have not detected Vesta or Gabriel, and he is content to talk for now - therefore y'all get another round's worth of actions.
Vesta - just need a reconfirm if you're going to truck straight into the attempted possession.

Action Tracker (Freeform): Vamp + Mohrg + Pals, Vesta, Ignac, Gabriel, Daemon, Gathroc


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Pretty much. Possessing the leader seems like a good trick.


Primordial Ooze

So are you attempting on the Mohrg or the Vampire?


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
So are you attempting on the Mohrg or the Vampire?

Mohrg[


Primordial Ooze

Will Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

The mohrg resists Vesta's malevolent intent with ease and the vampires suddenly snap to attention as the leader bellows "Treachery!"

Action Tracker (Freeform): Vamp + Mohrg + Pals, Vesta, Ignac, Gabriel, Daemon, Gathroc


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:

Will Save: 1d20+12

The mohrg resists Vesta's malevolent intent with ease and the vampires suddenly snap to attention as the leader bellows "Treachery!"

Action Tracker (Freeform): Vamp + Mohrg + Pals, Vesta, Ignac, Gabriel, Daemon, Gathroc

eh, about a 50/50 shot wasnt bad.

::It's go time boys. ::


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Checked the map, did the spawn who opened the barn door move back to the wagon and I missed that?


Primordial Ooze
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
The vampire spawn that opened the doors hiss and fall back to the meatwagon.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

"What I do is my concern. If you wish to know why I am here, perhaps you can force me to tell you. Though that is highly doubtful"


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Whenever my turn rolls back around My plan is to try to posess the vampire next to the Mhorg. Assuming nothing major happens to my immediate vicinity anyway.


Primordial Ooze

In case it wasn't clear... they are hostile and angry now... as soon as they get a turn they are going to start swinging.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Very sorry I didn't post this ystrdy. Busy day at work, then I went out. I also just woke up.

Gathroc, sensing the likelihood of combat, yet still wanting to try and draw in some of the enemy, assumes a defensive posture and waits to see if any rush the barn. Total Defense, +4 AC total AC = 28


Primordial Ooze

Still waiting on actions from Daemon / Ignac / Gabriel


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

I'm going to ready an action to drop down when somebody comes past, either under him, or simply into combat with Gathroc.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

I am still holding my action to see what the enemy does, I will respond after they make their first move. I don't have anything that would do much good on a surprise round.


Primordial Ooze

Gah - last night had the net go out and tonight have baby sleeping on chest making detailed post difficult.
Tomorrow morning for sure - appreciate patience


Primordial Ooze

Assumed that Gabriel effectively delays

The morhg steps forward to stand balanced astride the skeletal horses and it's form writhes and undulates again. The air between you and it grows heavy and you find it turns to cement if you try and force your way closer to the creature...
The mohrg has cast Repulsion.
SR Penetration: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Will Save DC 22 or you are unable to approach any closer to the morhg.

The burly vampire vaults off the front of the carriage and takes a defensive posture - lying in wait for one of you to approach taunting "Come lap dogs of the Shadow, let us play"

The spawn move around the side of the meatwagon and take defensive postures to the flank of the lead vampire - not blocking Gathroc's line of charge - but more protecting his flanks against potentially hidden foes.
Gabriel has an AoO on up to three spawn if he wishes to take it.

Action Tracker (Freeform): Vamp + Mohrg + Pals, Vesta, Ignac, Gabriel, Daemon, Gathroc

No map update as I'm at work - but mohrg at H,17; vampire at G,15 and spawn flanking the vamp to the East and West on the ground.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

I'm going to wait till Gabe posts, in case he takes those AoOs, which might change what ima do.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Vesta's invisiblity drops as she takes a 5 foot "step" back from the Mhorg (she was next to as she tried to posess him.

She then casts a spell and the air around the Mhorg quickly seems to solidify in a perfect circle.

Reflex DC 23 to not be trapped in the sphere (effectively cutting off his line of effect for spells. He'll have to teleport if he wants to do anything.)

It effectively just takes up the square that the Mhorg is in.
Duration = 10 min.
Edit: Forgot about SR 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

Resilient sphere:

Resilient Sphere
School: evocation [force]
Level: sorcerer/wizard 4
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Components: V, S, F (a crystal sphere)
Range: close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: 1-ft.-diameter/level sphere, centered around a creature
Duration: 1 min./level (D)
Saving Throw: Reflex negates
Spell Resistance: yes
A globe of shimmering force encloses a creature, provided the creature is small enough to fit within the diameter of the sphere.

The sphere contains its subject for the spell's duration. The sphere functions as a wall of force, except that it can be negated by dispel magic. A subject inside the sphere can breathe normally.

The sphere cannot be physically moved either by people outside it or by the struggles of those within.


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

Ignac will continue with the same readied action.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

I will make my way to Gathroc keeping out of the way of a direct charge and staying invisible. I cast bull's strength at my original position before moving, keeping the unspent charge in my hand so that when I get the chance I can touch Gathroc with it. It has a verbal component so they hear me cast it but I move stealthy and remain invisible due to it not being an attack action and therefore not breaking invisibility, so I should be unknown in my new position.

Stealth 1d20 + 26 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 26 + 10 = 56


1 person marked this as a favorite.
'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Sorry about the delay; things have been a tad hectic lately...

Gabriel springs out of the grass, and attempts to throttle the chief vampire!

+1 Ghost-touch Claw: 1d20 + 25 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 25 + 2 = 45, for 1d1 + 15 + 4 + 5d6 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 4 + (2, 3, 3, 3, 4) = 35 Magical Silver S/B damage, + 5 Bleed.

Grab: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Gabriel Helminth wrote:

Sorry about the delay; things have been a tad hectic lately...

Gabriel springs out of the grass, and attempts to throttle the chief vampire!

+1 Ghost-touch Claw: 1d20+25+2, for 1d1+15+4+5d6 Magical Silver S/B damage, + 5 Bleed.

Grab: 1d20+18.

Thats what I'm talking about!

2,251 to 2,300 of 2,552 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Voice's Envoy of Geb - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.