Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Voice's Envoy of Geb - An Undead Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

The Shadow Claw has sent you forth as a vanguard of Geb to seek a book that may hold the key to where Nex has been hiding all these years...


2,101 to 2,150 of 2,552 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

Primordial Ooze

The twin flighted ones make a reconnaissance of the grounds while the others stand still before the servant's quarters. There are no signs of movement within any of the buildings, nor outside the grounds. Indeed you sense nothing alive or dead present. Getting closer to the stables and kennels you find that there are the crumpled skeletons of horses and dogs within the pens and holds - but they neither retain life nor have they been animated in death.

Knowledge Arcana DC 25:
The bones of the animals have a dwemor on them that would prevent their raising as undead.
They also seemingly have some sort of preservatory magics as they seem old yet are in good conditiond despite the exposure.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Arcana 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Vesta returns to the group to report.

" It's odd, but There are no signs of movement within any of the buildings, nor outside the grounds. I saw nothing alive or dead present. The stables and kennels you find that there are the crumpled skeletons of horses and dogs within the pens and holds - but they neither retain life nor have they been animated in death. They looked weird, but they're just bones."


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"How odd, one would think a demi lich would keep its subjects animated, not as piles of bones."


Male Vampire (Previously Human) Magus 10

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36
Grigore waits until Vesta has finished speaking before shifting back into his humanoid form and mumbling, confused slightly.
"They are magicked, they cannot rise and they cannot decay. I can name no reason why the effort would be wasted on beasts."


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

"Maybe they're tools for some sort of alarm, transport spell, or other utility spell." Vesta says, grasping at straws.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Gathroc ponders this new, odd information "I'm not sure there's anything else to do but strike at manor house. Unless one you has a better sugggestion, which I would be open to"


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

I don't have any suggestions. Shall we, then?


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Gathroc The Betrayer wrote:
Gathroc ponders this new, odd information "I'm not sure there's anything else to do but strike at manor house. Unless one you has a better sugggestion, which I would be open to"

"I'm always up for some wreckless destruction. Perhaps he has catacombs where he actually resides. If nothing else, we can burn the place down just for spite. "


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"Very well."


Primordial Ooze

So on to the manor house? - main entrance?


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

That's the way it's looking. Holding weapon and shield, of course.


Primordial Ooze

Moving around the main manor building to the front door you find nothing out of the ordinary apart from what appears to just be a dilapidated manor house in various states of disrepair.

Reaching the front entryway you move to the covered entry and find a twin set of doors before you.

Gabriel checks over them and finds them unlocked and devoid of traps.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Vesta makes sure she is able to pass through, testing with her hand.

If so she sticks her face through ever so slightly to see what's on the other side. She then withdraws and reports.


Primordial Ooze

The door does not resist your passage and the interior edge shows a cloak room. No cloaks are present, but there is naught that raises suspicion.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"This has the feel of a trap," I hiss. "We foolishly believed the creature with the boat."


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Daemon Son-of-none wrote:
"This has the feel of a trap," I hiss. "We foolishly believed the creature with the boat."

"So burn it to the ground?" Vesta asks with a gleam in here eye.


Primordial Ooze

Momentum seems to have been lost for this campaign... is everyone just busy, or has the subject matter of the day been beneath interest?


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

I think we've lost direction or focus. We're here, but haven't really found anything and don't really have a trail to follow. At this point I'm for burning it down to see what comes out.


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

Ignac's ready to get going inside, or burning it down. He's fine either way.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

I definitely think its frustration on there being a whole lot of nothing. Everything we've tried to do is met with answers like "Nothing to be seen here" or "You find nothing out of the ordinary." Those answers get really aggravating after awhile, especially when it almost seemed like you had something for us, if Vesta and Grig took flight, but that too ended in a dead end


Primordial Ooze

Point of note - sometimes there is nothing because there is nothing. Not every blade of grass hides a monster behind it. In this instance there is a good reason as to why the rest of the estate is devoid of interest.
Gathroc - you mention 'dead end', but there is a big manor house in front of you that not a one of you has actually stepped foot within. Is that not sufficiently obvious?


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

To be fair, I'm not on scouting duty. Vesta saw a closet and then there was talk of burning it down

"Perhaps we need to actually investigate this further, find or create us a door" The undead warrior unsheathes his blade.


Primordial Ooze

To be fair this is a party / team game - so it's on everyone to be engaged and involved. It isn't only Vesta's job to figure out exactly where to go and do all the scouting for you.

You stand before the main door to the estate, in front of that through the (still closed) door is a cloak closet (which is just a place to leave your cloaks and such in an up-market house). Beyond that is a second door that might very well lead into the main house.

Options:
1. Actually step foot inside the house and see what happens.
2. Attempt to set fire to the outside of the house in some manner.
3. Leave the island
4. Give up the undead life and knit dandelion flower chains.
5. Something else


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

Lol, as I stated earlier, I am just trying not to run away with the show again since some people got bent out of shape last time. But if I need to I can turn this into a one man show to keep it going. I am loving this campaign and the flexibility that you are allowing us within it.

Since Vesta seems to think the house is empty, I step up to the door and open it. Stepping into the building if I am able.


Primordial Ooze

Daemon opens the door and steps into the cloak closet. The air within is musty as though it is rarely disturbed, and as Vesta reported there are no cloaks. As Daemon turns to usher the others within, the second set of doors swing open and a voice can be heard in the distance "Come in little ones... I would see you"

Through the second door lies a grand staircase that serves as the main entry into the manor house proper. The room is large and though you cannot see from the cloakroom likely has exits in all directions. If anything the voice came from the upper level of the stairs... though you cannot see anything without moving within.


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Well, that is not ominous in the slightest, Gabriel manages to remark dryly.

I guess that we should not keep our 'host' waiting...?


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

Well, it would be rude, wouldn't you say?

Ignac strides in, not oblivious, but confident nevertheless.

Edit: Wrong adjective.


Primordial Ooze

As Ignac strides into the grand room with the staircase, he sees that the chamber shares the dilapidated decadence of the rest of the manor house. The only item within that shines brightly is the chandelier above your head. At the head of the staircase a tiny skull can be seen to float just above the bannister and look down upon you.

It is an aged skull of likely a human and has gems encrusted into the bone to make a rudimentary crown of sorts. As the mouth opens and closes you see flickering flame play behind the eye sockets "Welcome emissaries of shadow... I see that you have arrived by daemonic means?"


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

Nice place you've got here. And such a gracious host, as well.

Ignac stops walking forward when he sees the Demilich, and merely holds his armaments.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Gathroc walks in right behind Ignac and surveys the manor's interior 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 25 Perception


Primordial Ooze

Entering through the cloak closet there are exits to your left and right, as well as exits straight ahead between the grand staircase and on the first floor. Only the doors on the first floor are open.

The surrounds are befitting a manor house of this size, but are dilapidated and decaying to various degrees. This being the grand entrance, it consists of some moth-eaten paintings and tattered carpets. The wood below and wallpaper bear scratches and have paled from their original colour. The only decoration that draws your attention is the chandelier - as it is pristine and sparkling.

The skull maintains it's position and responds "Graciousness is a virtue not lost to me... though it's maintainment is dependent upon the manners of the guests that grace it... and what has brought such guests, I must wonder? and what do they intend?"


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Telepathically to the group via Gabriel

::You realize we're standing in a "kill box," right? I'm sure there are all manner of things reading to fire upon us from the shadows.::

Vesta looks around with detect magic to sweep a 60' radius from where they stand. If she finds anything she will concentrate a few rounds to determine the strength, etc. If it's close enough she specifically looks at the chandelier.


Primordial Ooze

Vesta can detect a scintillating radiance of magic issuing from the skull above on the banister and another source at the chandelier.

Since it'll take a few rounds for results I'll feed it back during the upcoming conversation - you want details on the skull or chandelier first?


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

::Not exactly much we can do about that with him right there, though, now is there?::

Ignac ignores the demilich's question for now. Looking around, he says: "Wow, did you get an authentic Egorian architect? They'd be fairly hard to come by way out here, I would think."


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

::"Kill box? That would be where one would go to die, except we're already dead. Where would you have us stand?"::

Iron Man II quote, nailed it


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Chandelier


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

Since everyone else is ignoring the skeleton I will address it so that our manners will not seem remiss.

Moving to the front of the group again and giving a slight bow I state. "I have come for answers to questions, ever am I on the path of knowledge, and little use have I for violence. Why is it that you oppose the Shadow Claw, and why would the daemonic one offer his services to bring us here after he seemed to be working for you to attack the Shadow Claw's ziggurat?"


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

I wasn't ignoring it, I was ignoring it's question. I've been talking to it just fine, trying to stall.


Primordial Ooze

The demilich chuckles lightly at Ignac's diversory talk, an ominous sound before responding only to Daemon "I oppose all who will be present at the confluentem. The árnyék karom no more or less than the others... As for the hooded one, I would assume mercantile interests outweigh all else." flickering flames still present in it's eye sockets "Now... to my query... what is your intent here?"

Ignac:

Vesta:
The chandelier holds powerful illusory magic, though you do not think it offensive in nature. You'd wager it changes the appearance of the manor house.


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

DM:
What?


Primordial Ooze

Ignac:
Under yon words above doth a link lay with potentially pertinent information...


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

DM:
THought the link was ooc tags. Woops.

Derp. Edited spoiler


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

Árnyék karom... Árnyék karom..

Weapon:
Do you know him in any way? He refers to the Shadow Claw as you do.


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Our intent was to find out more about you, and your forces. Forewarned is forearmed, after all. However, we were under the impression that the purpose of the Confluentem was *specifically* to weaken the position of the Shadow Claw, alone. If that is not the case, perhaps a mutually beneficial arrangement could be entered into, in order to weaken the position of the other participants? That would serve both your's, and my Master's interests, whilst not compromising the position of either.


Male Vampire (Previously Human) Magus 10

I thought the Confluentem was the gathering for control of Geb, and that each Lord was a participant, and that we're here to stop the different little factions from pestering ours...Am I wrong?....I am confused.


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Daemon - you obviously know how Geb is laid out (as per official map) and I'll fill in some gaps around the side as the Claw explains.

Gesturing again at the map "My ascension to the Blood Lord council was recent by the standards of Geb, and was at the expense of others. The council itself is divided and has called for a formal per pugnam provocare for me to justify my position. Although the act is unlawful within our code, Geb is absent and the Harlot Queen does not risk intervening... so we must fight."

The rite referenced by the shadow claw is a challenge by combat. It is conducted in an area of plains that lies near Mechitar. A ruined citadel lies at the center of the area as the armies of the aspirants rally themselves nearby. When the sun dips below the horizon, the challenge begins. The goal is to be the only surviving party within the citadel when day breaks. Aspirants can use any and all means deemed necessary to achieve the objective.

"The confluentem will not take place for a month, so I must use that time to prepare... and hamstring those that would challenge me."

Is pretty specific...


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Vesta telepathically shares her knowledge of the chandelier. See spoiler above. .


Male Vampire (Previously Human) Magus 10
Gabriel Helminth wrote:
Is pretty specific...

Hrm, guess I just thought it was a kind of grand melee. My bad.


Primordial Ooze

Gabriel beat me to it - but the confluentum is a grand melee with armies involved.

Ignac:
The being within your blade wakens from it's slumber and you get a sense of wariness. As you describe the appearance of where you are and the demilich mentally the concern deepens. It is the rokon gyilkos... be cautious pályázó, his power is great. In the time before he walked beside Geb himself and had his part in sourging the wasteland to the North.

rokon gyilkos - kin slayer

The skull chuckles once more "My forces as you say are not here... there is but myself. I would need hear your proposal to gauge it's worth."

2,101 to 2,150 of 2,552 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Voice's Envoy of Geb - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.