Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Voice's Envoy of Geb - An Undead Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

The Shadow Claw has sent you forth as a vanguard of Geb to seek a book that may hold the key to where Nex has been hiding all these years...


2,001 to 2,050 of 2,552 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Primordial Ooze

"A hooded skeletal figure that mans a skiff to sail the planes." the cacodaemon answers directly and indirectly.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

"Oh, you mean that craven coward who fled from my blade?? Yes, I recall him. He is your master? What a sad fate to be enslaved to such a weak being"


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Gabriel moves up and down on his fingers in a display reminiscent of shrugging.

Can I have the body when you are done?


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
"A hooded skeletal figure that mans a skiff to sail the planes." the cacodaemon answers directly and indirectly.

"What is his name, Insect!?" VEsta says testily.


Primordial Ooze

The cacodaemon is relaxed despite your aggression towards it and merely responds in a relaxed tone "I was sent to talk, but I don't like your tone. More words may come if your etiquette improves..."


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
The cacodaemon is relaxed despite your aggression towards it and merely responds in a relaxed tone "I was sent to talk, but I don't like your tone. More words may come if your etiquette improves..."

"Can I tourture it?" vesta says to Daemon specifically, but it's also directed to the group in general.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"Let us hear what it has been sent to say first, then we will decide if it is worth the trouble."


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Telepathically to all via gabe, but specifically talking to Daemon ::I could try to posess it. Sometimes I can pull information from their minds when I take them over. Just a thought. ::


Primordial Ooze

The ball of teeth continues to relaxedly await your decision.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"Tell us this message from your master... please." I say to the being.

"We can use your plan as backup." I think to Vesta.


Primordial Ooze

The cacodaemon speaks "My master was commissioned with a task, which has now been rendered moot. He would seek to turn your ire from himself and unto that which hired him... and he offers passage..."

At the same time, in Vesta and Daemon's minds echoes a thought You are welcome to try...


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"Who is it that hired him, and where exactly will this passage take us?"

If anyone else has questions feel free to ask, I imagine Gathroc is going to agree and then try and kill this things master anyway, haha.


Primordial Ooze

A wry smile crosses what the ball of teeth holds for a mouth "Surely you know? - you have master's book yes?"


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

When the creatures speaks into her mind she make's a very unladylike gesture in the creatures direction.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Gathroc listens to the Daemon, then replies "Perhaps we can work together. Tell us the terms of your master, what does he seek our aid in and what is he willing to offer in return for our help. Once known, we will discuss acceptance." 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 Diplomacy


Male Vampire (Previously Human) Magus 10

"Yes, please enlighten us to how your master will assist us, and perhaps then we can free him from payment to *his* master. Certainly he wouldn't mind that, no?"
Grigore sets his hand on Gathroc's shoulder, smiling at the tooth-daemon as he hisses a hint of kindness that can only be a lie.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28
Bluff: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (4) + 24 = 28
Sorry for the hella long time without posting, I'm here now :)


Primordial Ooze

"My master is not endebted... at least not anymore... however he does consider leaving behind aggressive parties unwise. His terms would be thus: he provides you access to the Crown's domain. In exchange, you forswear any action against him with respect to his previous visit here. No more, no less."


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

What do the rest of you think? A way into their facility could be useful, but I am wary of a trap...


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

::Paranoia has been good to me thus far, so I always assume a trap. Regardless, the little $&^* hasn't told us what he wants or what his master will do.::


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

::This is troublesome indeed. Tactically speaking, this is likely one of the worst things we could possibly do. I suppose, if worse comes to worst, though, you could use that travel method you've been doing lately.::

He's referring to Shadow Walk.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Ignác Takács wrote:

::This is troublesome indeed. Tactically speaking, this is likely one of the worst things we could possibly do. I suppose, if worse comes to worst, though, you could use that travel method you've been doing lately.::

He's referring to Shadow Walk.

::Fine by me:: Vesta thinks, her hood writhing of it's own accord.


Primordial Ooze

Just a reminder - Sense Motive can always be rolled if you wish it.
Are you taking the cacodaemon's offer at face value or inquisiting further?


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24 Sense Motive

Gathroc is still a bit unconvinced "So your master will somehow provide us access to the Crown's domain, and in return wants us to seek no further justice against him for his attack here? I am not sure why we would require aid, we're pretty capable of gaining entry on our own" 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 Diplomacy


Primordial Ooze

Fickle Wind of Fate:
1d20 ⇒ 5

Gathroc gets a sense that the small and weak outsider is speaking the truth as it both understands and has been instructed. The cacodaemon replies "Those are the terms laid down, it is upon you to accept or reject them. My master is not here to bargain, and despite your... abilities... you would likely find hardship gaining entry unassisted."

"Yes or no... the choice is yours..."


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

Sense motive 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (17) + 25 = 42


Primordial Ooze

Daemon gets the additional feeling that the cacodaemon holds absolutely no fear of you or what you might attempt upon it. Daemon also knows with certainty that the puppet is speaking the exact words and intent of it's master.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"You do not fear us, yet you are in our trap and at our mercy. Why is this."


Primordial Ooze

The cacodaemon smiles and states "The trap was known before I came, and I see none before me capable of mercy. There is no fear, as there is no need for it."


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"And yet, your master asks for our mercy by turning our ire on to another?"

I am just making conversation so that there are new posts we can continue if no one has anything they want from this creature, I imagine that Gathroc and Ignac want to press on and see some combat soon. I am for using the creature and its master to strike at the lich. Though we will probably be doing our strike against the warewolves first if I am not mistaken and will need a plan to take the lich down before just running in.


Primordial Ooze

"My master asks not for mercy, merely a re-direction of your attention. Unless you plan to invade Abaddon itself I do not think you can harm him currently... merely force greater discretion upon him. By aiding you he removes that need."

Timing would be up to you - you can head off on this first - or delay for a while


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

::I say we give it a shot. Sometimes, you need to take chances to gain ground. If it's a trap, we can nix it and get back here.::


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Ignác Takács wrote:
::I say we give it a shot. Sometimes, you need to take chances to gain ground. If it's a trap, we can nix it and get back here.::

"I'm game. "


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

I have no objection.


Primordial Ooze

"If you are accepting of terms, then I would need you to dispel the wards placed o'er my form."

So Crown first?


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Sure why not. Sorry it took me so long to respond, Paizo was giving me a lot of trouble before


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Vesta waves a hand and disturbs the circle with a stray piece of straw that was formerly minding it's own business in the corner. She then stares down the demon and grins wickedly, daring it to give her a reason to destroy it.

Intimidate 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28


Primordial Ooze

The cacodaemon smiles and gives a floating bow before concentrating deeply a moment. Soon after a swirling purple-black vortex opens and an empty skiff materializes in the small room. The daemon floats onto it before turning to you and asking "Coming now, or shall I return for you later?"


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"I suppose we shall accompany you now."


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Vesta gets on the skiff.


Primordial Ooze

As the party climbs aboard the skiff, the cacodaemon waits until you are all present before concentrating once more. A popping sound can be heard as the vortex engulfs you and you feel your essence separate... before flooding back together in a short moment. Your eyes now regards a bleak daemonic vista of cracked earth and sulferous vents. You are alone on the skiff with the cacodaemon, apart from the same horned skeletal figure from the battle in the Shadow Claw's ziggurat standing before you on the earth. The cacodaemon moves to within the creature's robes and vanishes from sight.

Knowledge Planes DC 15:
You would wager that the creature has brought you to Abaddon - it's home

"Pleased that you accept. Thankful reason was seen. Business with skull unpleasant, but ended. Minimal losses seen. Anxious for return of book. Trade acceptable to you? Offer this I can." holding up a small black sack that clinks slightly for you to take and review.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

Knowledge Planes 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

"Your book is of little concern to me, though of obvious value to you which makes me wary to return it so freely. What is it that you offer in trade exactally?"


Primordial Ooze

"Take, look... you will see" holding the sack forward.

Sack Contents:
A string of translucent pearls that dance with fire within and a few vials that slosh with liquid.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Look into and detect magic the contents of the sack. She closely examines each item for several moments. Handling them as needed.

Appraise 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Spellcraft 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

More spellcrafts as needed

Spellcraft 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Spellcraft 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Spellcraft 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Spellcraft 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Spellcraft 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19


Primordial Ooze

Within the sack are a necklace of fireballs (Type VI), a vial of Flying Ointment, a potion of Draconic Reservoir and one of Greater Animal Aspect.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

::Necklace of fireballs (Type VI), a vial of Flying Ointment, a potion of Draconic Reservoir and one of Greater Animal Aspect.: vesta telepathically reads off what she finds as she finds it.::Paltry baubles, but it's something I suppose. The necklace could be fun though. ::


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"Why is this book so important? Could you not just replace it with another?"


Primordial Ooze

"Book is mine, therefore important. Replacement possible, but unwanted. Prefer return of own book. Acceptance of offer?"


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

Sense Motive regarding truthfulness of reason for book's importance: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Well, that's not very good. Still a decent total, I suppose.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

Sense Motive 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (4) + 25 = 29


Primordial Ooze

Ignac gets a sense that there is no falsehood in what the daemon is saying. Daemon also senses that the creature is likely after the book for more sentimental reasons than anything else.

2,001 to 2,050 of 2,552 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Voice's Envoy of Geb - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.