Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Voice's Envoy of Geb - An Undead Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

The Shadow Claw has sent you forth as a vanguard of Geb to seek a book that may hold the key to where Nex has been hiding all these years...


1,851 to 1,900 of 2,552 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

You're a strange one. What is the point of throwing the sack, if you are just going to ask for it back?

Ignac nevertheless returns the bad.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Grigore Veaceslav VI wrote:

The vampire rips his pouch off of his belt, tossing it at Ignac. Grigore takes a deep breath and puts his hand on his head, lounging back and visibly calming down.

"This bag will open a rift to a plane that we do not wish to enter, should it enter Miss Vesta's Portable Hole. If you are determined in that we travel in this way, I will have to leave it here. I'd rather not be caught without coin, but we will not be gone for long."
He sighs and floats back down to the ground next to Ignac, holding out his hand expectantly.

the person who transports can just hold your bag separately from the hole. No need to be a diva about it. Vesta adds in that "duh" tone. ;-)


Male Vampire (Previously Human) Magus 10

"What is the point of taking the sack, if you are just going to hand it back?" he says mockingly, taking the bag in hand and heading towards the exit of the room.
"I'll return in a moment." Grigore calls behind his shoulder before wisping off towards his room.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Grigore Veaceslav VI wrote:

"What is the point of taking the sack, if you are just going to hand it back?" he says mockingly, taking the bag in hand and heading towards the exit of the room.

"I'll return in a moment." Grigore calls behind his shoulder before wisping off towards his room.

After he leaves vesta rolls her eyes and says to the others Vampiers. as if that's a full explanation.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

"Right. So now that we've learned a bit more about our new companions oddness, I am guessing our next move is to try and follow that fiend? Educated guess here, but I am doubtful he'll still be around by the time we get there, especially with this delay."


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Gathroc The Betrayer wrote:
"Right. So now that we've learned a bit more about our new companions oddness, I am guessing our next move is to try and follow that fiend? Educated guess here, but I am doubtful he'll still be around by the time we get there, especially with this delay."

[b]"True, but you never know what we may find. "[\b]


Primordial Ooze

The group organises itself between those within the hole and the one who carries it and activate the soul gem. With a tearing sound and feeling as though being yanked aside with violent force. When your senses return you stand in an empty ruined building outside, with a faint ringing in your ears slowly fading.

The ruins appear to be empty at this point in time, though the ground has been disturbed by passing feet which makes you think that some creatures have been here recently.

Survival / Perception DC 25:
At one side of the ruined chamber you notice some scuff marks that lead you to believe a small skiff was until recently sitting upon the ruins floor.

Actions?


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

Perception 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (12) + 26 = 38

"Look there, it appears that that is where the boat sat, spread out and look for anything that may have been left behind."

With that I will cast detect magic on myself and look about for any lingering magical auras.


Male Vampire (Previously Human) Magus 10

Perception 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36

"They have been here, but left. Perhaps they left a sentry..."
Grigore flips his cloak, the bright gold and crimson giving way to a shadowy grey. Immediately after, he skulks off into the darkness and searches around the building.
Switched Cloak of Flash and Shadow to the +2 Stealth side.
Stealth 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28


Primordial Ooze

Daemon gets the musty scent of planar magic upon the air, as though a portal was recently opened then closed.

Grigore scouts nearby though is only able to discern that this location must have been chosen purely for it's isolation... there is nothing within a good few hundred yards from the ruined building you are now ensconced in.


Male Vampire (Previously Human) Magus 10

After returning back to camp:
"Tsk, there's nothing here but dust."
He flips his cloak back over, pressing it with his hands and cleaning it of wrinkles.

If Daemon reveals the info about the planar magic:
"They came from Abaddon, it is likely that they returned. It would not be wise to follow...I'm sure they'll get greedy and fail at another assault." he chuckles and leans against a wall, awaiting the party's decision in further action


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Perhaps they left something behind when they fled?

Gabriel then scuttles around, trying to determine if there are any other clues...

Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (19) + 23 = 42.
Survival: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (8) + 23 = 31.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Gathroc too gazes around, trying to spot anything that might be helpful 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (16) + 23 = 39 Perception

"Definitely don't plan to follow, I think we need to go back and alert the Shadow Claw. There must have been a reason for their attack. Gabriel, have you contacted your master? I am unsure if others have or not yet. Daemon, any idea what that crown might have been that was mentioned in the book?"


Primordial Ooze

Reminder:
High Coven, Jaws of Darkness, Hands of the Crown, The Wasted Ones


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"It probably has something to do with the Hands of the Crown would be my educated guess from the attack. Vesta, there appears to be nothing here to find, would you care to take us back via your shadow walk?"


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Daemon Son-of-none wrote:
"It probably has something to do with the Hands of the Crown would be my educated guess from the attack. Vesta, there appears to be nothing here to find, would you care to take us back via your shadow walk?"

"Of course. she holds out her hand demurely for you to take.

anyone who wants to go needs to be touching

Edit: she then holds her other hand demurely for Gathroc to take and she grins at him.


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

Perception check for anything useful:1d20 + 22 ⇒ (18) + 22 = 40

Once done looking around, Ignac prepares to return via Shadow Walk.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Vesta shadow walks everyone back whenever DM is ready to move along.


Primordial Ooze

The group is able to return through ways of shadow to the ziggurat. You check in with the wraith that holds the lacridaemon to find that the miserable creature knows nothing. It was called upon to come and die, and was not entrusted with any details.

The Shadow Claw himself is still away and is not due to return for some time.


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

Well then, there doesn't seem to be much use for him, unless I'm much mistaken.

Unless interrupted, Ignac will go to the Lacridaemon, and run it through.

Roll, if needed:
1d20 + 25 ⇒ (17) + 25 = 42
1d10 + 2d6 + 24 ⇒ (1) + (3, 3) + 24 = 31
Confirmation:1d20 + 25 ⇒ (18) + 25 = 43
1d10 + 2d6 + 24 + 1d8 ⇒ (7) + (2, 4) + 24 + (8) = 45

Hey, even a little electricity got through.


Primordial Ooze

The lacridaemon expires with extreme prejudice.


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

Excellent. :P I'd imagined it would.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

"Well, gentlemen, what's the plan now?"


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

"Unless there's some other reason to delay any longer, I suggest we begin to implement our plan to go after the Jaws of Darkness."


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Fine by me.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

"Lets be off then." Vesta suggests and holds her hand out again to the group.

AKA we'll shadow walk as soon as everyone is ready to the Jaws of Darkness.


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

I thought the alchemical admixture was going to take a few days. Unless I'm mistaken, this was just the first day.


Primordial Ooze

Ignac is correct, but we can always fast forward a bit to suit?


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

I cant afford to make anything otherwise I would make some wondrous items


Primordial Ooze

Knowledge (Arcana) DC 20:
From your time in the ziggurat you know it to have wards against teleporting into it's bowels... how did the invaders bypass these?


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Arcana 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Like I said. Vesta's not the brains of the operation.


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
Ignac is correct, but we can always fast forward a bit to suit?

I was just making sure you didn't have anything planned instead.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

Knowledge(Arcana) 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39

Well they could not have transported into the ziggurat, we should see if we can find out how they actually entered.


Primordial Ooze

Going back to the chamber in which the portal was located you poke around...

Perception DC 30:
Small and inconspicuous in one corner of the chamber is a small white stone. It is out of place as it is the only rock of that colour in the entire room...

Once found, Knowledge Arcana DC 25:
The stone is a teleportation locus that would allow for someone who knew of it's existence to burrow through wards and barriers to seek it out specifically and use it as a means of channeling their magic to penetrate the wards against translocation.
But how did it inside?


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

Perception1d20 + 22 ⇒ (14) + 22 = 36

Hey, Daemon, I think I found something. Can you tell what it is?

Ignac will pick up the stone.


Male Vampire (Previously Human) Magus 10

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30

Seeing Ignac pick up the stone draws Grigore's close attention. Looking over the Graveknight's shoulder, Grigore is able to identify it.

"It is a locus, it allows one to pierce through wards to its location. Someone had to have planted it here, this was obviously an inside hob."
A flash of excitement in his eye, Grigore starts pacing, thoughts flying.

The Lord was gone and his minions had brought an army of Daemons to his door.
The morbid quintet was supposed to be busy out of the city taking care of these opposing groups.
Someone knew this and was taking this opportunity to attack...Clever!
"If they burrowed once, they can do it again. Allow me to destroy the stone. he says, holding out his hand to Ignac.

Psst...How the hell do I destroy this besides blowing it up? I can Kn. Arcana or Spellcraft if needed.


Primordial Ooze

The locus is just a stone. Crushing it would suffice.


Male Vampire (Previously Human) Magus 10

If Ignac hands the locus over, Grigore will command his Raktavarna into a light hammer, and smash the stone against the ground.


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

Ignac will do so, that's fine.


Primordial Ooze

The stone breaks into small pieces without pomp or circumstance and any latent dweamor fades away.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"How could that have possibly gotten in here?"


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Daemon Son-of-none wrote:
"How could that have possibly gotten in here?"

"Couldn't something simply stealth fully carry it in? Hells, it could have been put into a simple skeleton and had that ordered to bring it here. "


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

It's possible, in which case we're going to need to "reset" the lesser undead. On second thought, we should probably do this anyway.


Primordial Ooze

Any thoughts on how to follow up on the stone breadcrumb?


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

I'm thinking of taking control of the mindless servitors and releasing them, as a "reset", nothing else has been put forward.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Vests looks to Daemon waiting for his thoughts.


Primordial Ooze

Ignac gathers the mindless servitors of the house and imposes his will upon them. However he finds no hidden subterfuge or deceit within them. However there are also powerful undead with mind and will of their own that may object to such imposition upon them...

Specifically you've cleared the skeletons and minor shadows / wraiths et al... but there are closer and more powerful subjects of the Shadow Claw that you wouldn't just be able to go straight up to and dominate. These are creatures like the dread wraith general, and other undead such as yourselves who work autonomously for the Shadow Claw.
You can still question them... but might want to work with a bit more decorum...


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"Its is possible that whoever brought in the stone is already dead with the first wave of defenders who fell to the enemy as well, there is no guarantee that we will find anything, I have no spells that will assist with discovering who did this."

I really am at loss for what to do here.


Primordial Ooze

If there was one... perhaps... more?
You can request an audience with the intelligent undead to interrogate / sift them for clues?
Ignore it and move on?


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

We could always simply let it be generally known that we are aware that there is a mole, and watch to see who squirms the most... Pointing out to the assembled horde that the best way to ensure that they are not all destroyed in the name of security is to submit incontrovertible proof as to who the traitor is...

1,851 to 1,900 of 2,552 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Voice's Envoy of Geb - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.