Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Voice's Envoy of Geb - An Undead Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

The Shadow Claw has sent you forth as a vanguard of Geb to seek a book that may hold the key to where Nex has been hiding all these years...


1,501 to 1,550 of 2,552 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Gabriel Helminth wrote:

Survival: 1d20+23.

He has left the mine. His tracks lead over that way..., Gabriel says, pointing.

VMBB

Vesta follows Gabriels direction and looks for the halfling.

stealth 1d20 + 43 ⇒ (7) + 43 = 50


Primordial Ooze

Ignac - whistle does indeed have a lanyard

Vesta's Magical Mystery Bus:

The pair begin tracking the halfling through the forest. After a good ten minutes travel you spot a clearing ahead. There appears to be a single hut with a fire burning afore it. The tracks lead directly into the clearing.


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Let's be careful; we should carefully look inside the hut...


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

VMBB

"This is ridiculous. Lets find this little s%$@ so I can posess him and we can figure out whats going on. "


Primordial Ooze

Don't mean to be a stick in the mud - but just need confirmation if you go through the clearing, around, and how you do so - as well as any actions undertaken prior to doing so.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

I thought we were following his tracks, but otherwise a general straight line to the house.


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

Did the undead requested just sorta get absorbed into the whistle?

To the presence:
::You have a problem?::


Primordial Ooze

VMMB:

Was just giving you an opportunity to react to the hut and change tact if you thought it required.

The tracks lead into the clearing and as far as Gabriel can tell - into the house. The hut's windows have coverings so you cannot see inside.

Inspecting the Troops:

Yep - pretty much. They are in there until deemed required by you and you call upon them by blowing the whistle as a full-round action.

Ignac:
No... I felt the call and could not answer... it was unpleasant


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

Okay. That's what I thought, I just wasn't sure.

DM:
::I see.::


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

VMBB

Stick my head through a wall and peek inside.

stealth 1d20 + 43 ⇒ (5) + 43 = 48


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

None of these are under my explicit control, correct? As in, none of these are under my Undead Mastery effect as of right now? Just making sure I know how this works. The whistle itself appears to control them, but I don't know how much control over them I'll have on the mission.


Primordial Ooze

VMMB:

As Vesta's head touches the wall of the hut, a intangible burst of magical energy washes forth...

Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

...stripping away her invisibility and rendering her visible. The interior of the hut is spartan and bare and you cannot see any sign of the halfling.

Perception DC 29:
Outside of the hut at the edge of the clearing there is a rustle and you see the halfling withdraw from the clearing at speed.
Stealth: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (4) + 25 = 29


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

but still stealthing. Her stealth roll is +23 even visible.

Percep 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Noticing her invisibility fail vesta (gabe in pocket) sinks into the ground.


Primordial Ooze
Ignác Takács wrote:
None of these are under my explicit control, correct? As in, none of these are under my Undead Mastery effect as of right now? Just making sure I know how this works. The whistle itself appears to control them, but I don't know how much control over them I'll have on the mission.

Think of the whistle as purely a transportation method.

Remember all of the undead you requested are intelligent (even Shadows have Int 6) and in the service of the Shadow Claw. You don't need to control them - just instruct them.
If you want to force control, then you can attempt to. But they are smart enough to be able to follow reasonable orders given.
Help us attack by drawing attention to the flank - reasonable and easily followed
Stand there and die while we walk away - less reasonable and would need to be forced upon them


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

I wasn't going to force them to die while we get away. In fact, I'm bent on returning them as we got them. I was just trying to find out my control over their actions. Alright. If need be, I can try to control, but that's only if they won't do something I find reasonable.


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (17) + 23 = 40.

Alarm, Vesta, Alarm! The halfling is retreating from the clearing at speed!

He then leaps from her pocket, and charges after the Halfling...

+1 Ghost-touch Claw: 1d20 + 25 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 25 + 2 = 30.

Free Grapple attempt: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26 Vs CMD.


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

*cough* ignore my attack if we do actually sink into the ground after the Halfling is pin-pointed ;-)


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Gabriel Helminth wrote:

Perception: 1d20+23.

Alarm, Vesta, Alarm! The halfling is retreating from the clearing at speed!

Vesta re-initialized her invisiblity and takes to the sky after the halfling at Gabriels warning.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Gabriel Helminth wrote:
*cough* ignore my attack if we do actually sink into the ground after the Halfling is pin-pointed ;-)

That was instinctive. She immediately pops up when you say that.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

As a matter of fact Vesta casts haste on both her and gabe. among other things effectively doubling their movement rate. As soon as vesta catches up to it she'll attempt to posess.


Primordial Ooze

Ignac - no problems.
There's one other situation where asserting control would be useful... if you meet an evil cleric who attempts the same.

VMMB:

Just to be clear - can Vesta re-clarify what her immediate reaction was after the dispel effect went off, and Gabriel warned of the halfling (which essentially happened all at once).
I've seen invisibility, haste, sinking, rising and chasing all mentioned - could you lay out what happens first? - and the rest in planned sequence?


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

lol. fair enough. She would have started to sink, but stopped when gabe called out what was happening. THen haste and chase the bugger.


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Gabriel intends to chase and strangle the halfling...


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Do we have some sort of staging ground, or meeting place?


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

We didn't set a meeting place, I don't think. At least, I don't remember setting one up.


Primordial Ooze

That would be the Shadow Claw's pyramid - unless you want to designate an alternate. Everyone bar Gabriel and Vesta are still back in Mechitar.


Primordial Ooze

Vesta and Gabriel's Wacky Chase Hi-Jinks:

Vesta calls upon time itself to clothe the pair in speed as Gabriel leaps free from the pocket to begin chasing the halfling... who has a head start.

At the beginning the halfling is out of view - the underbrush is reasonably thick, so after about 30-40ft objects become more concealed - and eventually are too covered to track.
You know the direction he went, and can attempt to speed track at a hefty penalty (-20 as per PRD) - or just go balls to wall and surge straight after him in the way you think he went. Or a different option?


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Well, Gabriel has 30' blindsense, which should help when he gets a bit closer...


Primordial Ooze

Yep - it shall indeed when you get close enough...


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Well, with, at present, a 70' movement speed, Gabriel will adopt a zig-zag movement pattern to try and track down the Halfling; at 140' a round, that should give him a decent chance...


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Vesta speeds into the underbrush looking for the halfling, as she has no need to concern herself with gettting tangled in the branches. (60' base movement hasted.)

Percep rd 1 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Percep Rd 2 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
If she doesn't get wind of the halfling within a round or two in her frustration she summons 1d3 ⇒ 1 fiendish wolves and commands

"Find the halfling and call out when you do."

They have +8 percep, and track with +5 They also have Scent

With a disapointed look on her face for only summoning one wolf Vesta will of course keep looking also with the wolf.

Rolls if you need them

wolf Rd 3(after summon)
Percep 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Track1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Vest Rd 3
Percep 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

wolf Rd 4 (after summoning)
Percep 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Track1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Vesta Rd 3
percep 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Fiendish wolf:

Wolf CR 1
XP --
N Medium celestial/fiendish animal
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +8
 DEFENSES
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 13 [17] (2d8+4) [2d8+8]
Fort +5 [+7], Ref +5, Will +1
SR 6
Celestial - Resist Acid, Cold, and Electricity 5
Fiendish - Resist Cold and Fire 5
 OFFENSE
Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +2 [+4] (1d6+1 [1d6+3] plus trip)
Special Attack Smite evil/good
 STATISTICS
Str 13 [17], Dex 15, Con 15 [19], Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB +2 [+4]; CMD 14 [16] (18 [20] vs trip)
Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Perception +8, Stealth +6, Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking)
 SPECIAL ABILITIES
Smite evil/good 1/day as a swift action (adds CHA bonus (+0) to attack rolls and damage bonus equal to HD (+2) against evil/good foes; smite persists until target is dead or the celestial/fiendish creature rests).
Augment Summoning: Items in brackets [] represent the spell being cast by a character with the Augment Summoning feat.


Primordial Ooze

Wacky Chase Hi-Jinks:

Forced forward by artificially hastened limbs, the pair make good progress through the forest. Soon after setting off Gabriel and Vesta hear the sounds of crashing branches ahead, and despite the cacophonous noise of the forest around them Gabriel is able to sense flickers of sense of his prey ahead. Abandoning his zig-zag for a more direct approach, Gabriel bursts into a clearing to find no halfling....

Initiative:
Gabriel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Vesta: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Prey: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Instead before you is a werewolf, smaller than most - but still exceptionally well muscled and with jagged claws. It's fur has markings almost as though tattoos, though in the fur itself and not the skin. As the pair of trackers burst into the clearing it gives a sonorous howl to the sky.

Initiative Tracker (Surprise): Gabriel, Vesta, Prey
On the surprise round, you've just burst into the clearing and ended up about 30ft from the werewolf - so 1 standard action equivalent only.
Vesta since I was posting this as you were updating with the summons - I'll leave it to you if you have the wolf with you or not... though if you do have the wolf you would have needed to slow and only reach the clearing in round 2.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

No wolf. That was just in case I didn't find him quickly. I suppose I got a bit ahead of myself.

Vesta reaches out her ghostly hand and even as she does so the "skin" seems to shrivel and become claw like. She makes a grasping motion and lifts her hand up slightly.

Telikinetic grapple to lift him slightly off his feet 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35


Primordial Ooze

Vesta - you can use it to grapple or attempt to use sustained force to lift him off the ground - but not both at once.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

It's just a grapple. The slight lift was flavor text.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Gahtroc responds "Let us return to the pyramid, we have done our task, let's hope the others have faired as good as we have."

Once back the warrior makes his back to the room with map if possible. If not he'll find a normal one of their current target. "Once Vesta and Gabriel return we can figure out how best to use our new allies. My initial plan is to use them to assassinate the leader of these beasts. Perhaps the ghost can transport you with her, insubstantially to his location, while the rest of us try to thin their numbers and provide a distraction"


Primordial Ooze

No problems Vesta - just making sure :)
Gathroc - this will be your single and only friendly DM caution. Consider who the Shadow Claw is.... and consider that the leaders of each of the other groups is of a similar power level.... of course if you want to try and take one on, I won't stop you - but an escape plan would be wise.


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10
Gathroc The Betrayer wrote:

Gahtroc responds "Let us return to the pyramid, we have done our task, let's hope the others have faired as good as we have."

Once back the warrior makes his back to the room with map if possible. If not he'll find a normal one of their current target. "Once Vesta and Gabriel return we can figure out how best to use our new allies. My initial plan is to use them to assassinate the leader of these beasts. Perhaps the ghost can transport you with her, insubstantially to his location, while the rest of us try to thin their numbers and provide a distraction"

It's possible, but very risky. Neither of us can technically be destroyed unless they have a positively channeling priest. Or in my case, unless they brutalize my armor, permanently. She would be a good addition, actually, as one of the minions I picked out increases susceptibility to fire damage, and she should be able to dish that out. Hmm.... I'll have to think about it, and ask Vesta as well. In any case, yes, let's get back to the pyramid.


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Surprise Round:

Gabriel rushes forward, and attempts to silence the halfling...

+1 Ghost-Touch Claw: 1d20 + 25 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 25 + 2 = 46, for 1d1 + 15 + 5d6 ⇒ (1) + 15 + (4, 6, 5, 3, 4) = 38 Magical Silver S/B damage.

Free Grapple check: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

been really busy, have a final tomorrow.
Not really looking for other magical things. Im not exactally made for fighting and my current armor is alright. I didn't really have my eyes on anything else magical, just trying to get my stats at least a little closer to everyone elses outrageous stats and buff my weakest stat a little. Eventually id like to owls wisdom, foxes cunning, and eagles splendor myself permanently I guess, but with the dex boost im pretty well rounded right now. If you just want to random some stuff or throw out some ideas id be more then happy to look around.


Primordial Ooze

Ignac and Gathroc pass back through the portal they arrived via into the bowels of the Shadow Claw's pyramid.

Portobello Road:

Seeing the lich's interest quaver over the paucity of spell components the hag bids him wait while she retrieves more interesting fare. In addition to the dessicated quickling and giant's muscle the hag puts forth a opalescent gemstone the emits a faint sobbing when held and forcibly plucks a fingernail from her hand. These four she lays in offering for the crown.

dessicated quickling - for permanent cat's grace
giant's muscle - for permanent bull's strength
opalescent gem - is a soul gem containing the pure soul of a nypmh. Consider it a marker put down for useage later. It could be used in a ritual for added oomph, or corrupted into a magic item. Alternatively consider it a very high value gemstone - worth alot to the right bidder, especially in corrupt and evil Geb.
night hag's nail - a really big favor owed to you by this hag's coven. That can be called upon at your convenience.

Chase Completed:

Gabriel surges forward to cross the werewolf's hide with a raking claw, though is unable to get a good grip. Vesta's telekinetic force wraps around the beast stifling it's movement.

The werewolf struggles against Vesta's coils as he lashes out at Gabriel...
Claw: 1d20 + 18 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 18 + 6 - 2 = 33 for 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Claw: 1d20 + 18 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 18 + 6 - 2 = 41 for 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Bite: 1d20 + 18 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 18 + 6 - 2 = 34 for 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
...while in the distance you hear further howls sound out in response to that of the halfling.


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Round 1:

Gabriel continues to try to strangle the creature...

+1 Ghost-touch Claw: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (20) + 25 = 45, for 1d1 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 Magical Silver S/B damage.

+1 Ghost-touch Claw (crit confirmation): 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (5) + 25 = 30, for 1d1 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 Magical Silver S/B damage.

Free Grapple: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22.

+1 Ghost-touch Claw: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33, for 1d1 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 Magical Silver S/B damage.

Free Grapple: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Vesta surges forward and attempts to touch the wolf (posession)

Touch attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

WIll save DC 24 to avoid posession if I hit.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

After looking over the hags wares I gladly accept her offer. Packing my new items in my bag I head back to the pyramid in order to perform my rituals and tell the others what I have learned.


Primordial Ooze

Daemon's Book Club:

The hag readily accepts the trade and runs a scraggly hand lovingly over her new possession.

On the way back to the pyramid Daemon is approached by a skeletal messenger. It carries a simple envelope nailed to it's breastbone addressed to you. As you remove it, any magic holding the messenger together dissipates and the skeleton clatters to the floor inanimate.

Letter:
Dear Talons of the Claw,
I write to you as your goals seem to align with mine at this time. I have a personal matter that I would settle with the Jaws, and information that may prove useful.
If I have raised your interest, I will find you at the corner of Ghoul and Pain just inside the Western gate in one hour.

The letter is unsigned.

This is the entry point for your new vampiric friend - though for RPs sake, I'd suggest picking up Gathroc and Ignac before going to meet him - if you want to meet him that is.

Werewolf's Last Stand:

Gabriel's blows tear further strips from the werewolf's hide before Vesta surges forward to lay a hand upon the creature...

Will save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Although it puts up a struggle, it's mind is subsumed beneath your own...

Ok - the way I see it is thus, you can get a general idea of what he knows based on inquiry, but he'll be fighting against it.
So ask away and I'll respond with what the halfling-wolf knows.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

"VMBB"

Vesta's hand reaches to the werewolf chest and her entire form seems to suck into the space. The werewolf's face grimmaces as it tries to eject vesta. After a second it's face hardens and look angry. Then the face softens and the corner of it's mouth quirks in a half smile that you've seenon Vesta's face before.

From the mouth of the werewolf Vesta says, "Easy Gabriel, His body is mine now. His friends are coming, hide in his pack. for now. I'll think of something to tell his friends. What do you suppose would have attacked a werewolf to make him act so, other than us of course? Perhaps a cleric of Sanrae and her friends?" Vesta-wolf chuckles at the last bit.

Searching the wolfs mind for his
Name?
task (job + details of why)?
Roughly how many pack mates does he think are coming?
Does he have a family and if so where?
Recent fights (specifically something to use as a scapegoat)?
Nearest place of power (town, castle, keep, etc) where we can gather more information?

Gabe, any thoughts about what else to try to get out of his mind?


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

Folding the letter I place it in my pocket and continue to the pyramid. Once there I look for Gathroc and Ignac.

Once I find them I inform them of the little I found out of our foes from the library, and then of the letter that I received on the way back to the pyramid. Asking, "do you wish to accompany me to this meeting?"


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

Sure, I'll come with you. It wouldn't do if this were a trap. The other groups may be trying to do exactly the same thing that we have been tasked with.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

"Ignac speaks wisely, I will go as well. There is not much the three of us cannot overcome"


Male Vampire (Previously Human) Magus 10

The streets Ghoul and Pain connected at a small abandoned building, with a long overhanging roof. It is in the shadow of this roof that awaits a tall, pale skinned male stands, dressed in fine red garments and an almost glowingly beautiful cape.
Long fingers ending in sharp points dance over the pommel of the ornate blade on his side.

He watches carefully for the contacted Lich, and when he is approached, Grigore bows deeply with a wicked grin on his face.
Greetings, Talons, I had hoped that I would be seeing you soon.

1,501 to 1,550 of 2,552 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Voice's Envoy of Geb - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.