Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Voice's Envoy of Geb - An Undead Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

The Shadow Claw has sent you forth as a vanguard of Geb to seek a book that may hold the key to where Nex has been hiding all these years...


1,251 to 1,300 of 2,552 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Gathroc The Betrayer wrote:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a sec, we don't know if my attempts at diplomacy were sucessful, why are you trying to ruin them via attempting to snatch the book??

You've gotten your chance to shine, give me mine.

Fair enough. Hold off the telekinetic snatch attempt as my readied action. Sorry for jumping the gun.


Primordial Ooze

The Deacon's hand pauses mid-air as he savours the paucity of information contained in Gathroc's words. "And what then? If you had the book, would any ties linger in my land?"

Gathroc senses that the Deacon is considering handing over the book - but there is obvious pause at what the group's intentions would be thereafter....


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

for some odd reason, I can't see my prior post

"We will depart, post haste, provided that is actually the book we seek."


Primordial Ooze

The Deacon holds still as he responds "I would hear their words as well... what say your companions?"

Gabriel:
For clarity, you don't believe that the Deacon has observed your existence yet.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:

The Deacon holds still as he responds "I would hear their words as well... what say your companions?"

** spoiler omitted **

"I'm only here for the book. I'm happy to take it and leave." Vesta says wearing the body of the guard.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"Though my body is dead I am a seeker of knowledge not a killer, I too have no vested interest here once the book is in our hands."


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

"I too, have only come for the book. Once we are finished here, I wish to return to my home."


Primordial Ooze

The man watches for a stretch of a few seconds, clearly mulling over what options he has in the situation. Then with a sense of finality, he stands and offers the group an option "I've no love of Nex or Geb, and I care for my own" a pointed look at Vesta as he speaks this line "I offer you a way out of this. Allow me to teleport us from this place to a cove of seclusion on the coast South of Quantium. Once there I will give you the book and watch you depart."

The man then waits for a sign of assent.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

"Forgive if I am not readily keen on trusting you. First, how do we know the book you possess is the book we seek? and Secondly, how can we trust you to teleport us some place safe, as opposed to directly into a trap that would easily destroy us?" 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23 Sense Motive


Primordial Ooze

Raising an eyebrow at Gathroc's words "You are at my word as much as I am at yours. I swear upon the Dawnflower that the book I have with me holds the history of Thispindix's Order. I similarly swear that the place to which I will send us is as safe for you as it is for me. I won't expect you to return the favor, and I would not hold a prayer to the Pallid Princess in the same regard."

Gathroc:
You don't any sense he is attempting to deceive.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

The Vesta in the human suit looks at the man and at Gathroc with a raised eyebrow.

"You can't be seriously considering letting our enemy teleport us somewhere. I don't give a S**t about him or his little tower. Just get the book so we can get the hell out of here."

Vesta says with a sneer, but she's obviously deferring to Gathroc's leadership.Not to mention standing slightly behind him.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Telepathicaly Actually Vesta, this could work to our advantage quite nicely, provided he is telling the truth. If he takes us to some other location, chances are we won't have an entire fortress of warriors and holy men that could destroy us. And if he is lying, get us out of there at the first hint of a betrayal.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"This is agreeable to me, I care not what decision the others come to, I just wish to part with the book."


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Gathroc The Betrayer wrote:
Telepathicaly Actually Vesta, this could work to our advantage quite nicely, provided he is telling the truth. If he takes us to some other location, chances are we won't have an entire fortress of warriors and holy men that could destroy us. And if he is lying, get us out of there at the first hint of a betrayal.

Telepathically to all,

"I can't truly be killed again. Only temporarily discoporeated. So it's your undead lives that you're wagering with. Take whatever chances you like."


Primordial Ooze

Before I move forward, I'd just like a confirmation from Gabriel - will you stay and try and hide, or come with the rest?


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

I am tempted to stay, but I do not want to split the party / split the GM's focus, so I will attempt to 'hide' on one of the others, and come with the rest of the group.


Primordial Ooze

The Deacon stands and fire on his hand snuffs out. Drawing a scroll from his person he starts incanting and the air in the room starts to shimmer. A burst of energy springs out from him to envelop you all. It tugs at your essence, attempting to move you from where you stand.

Spellcraft DC20:
Teleport

If you don't want to go, nows the time to make a Will save.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Spellcraft 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

spell craft 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20


Primordial Ooze

With a sucking feeling followed by the sound of a explosion in a vacuum, you find yourself in a sheltered cove on the beach. The Deacon still stands before you, book at his side. With a flick of his hand the book flies to land before you in the sand "Take it and leave. Our compact is that you do not return to the Lambent Citadel, I care not for where you go from here" and looking a Vesta directly "You have something of mine, and I would take it back with me." Referring to the guard whose skin you wear.

He then stands ready with scimitar in hand awaiting how you react.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:

With a sucking feeling followed by the sound of a explosion in a vacuum, you find yourself in a sheltered cove on the beach. The Deacon still stands before you, book at his side. With a flick of his hand the book flies to land before you in the sand "Take it and leave. Our compact is that you do not return to the Lambent Citadel, I care not for where you go from here" and looking a Vesta directly "You have something of mine, and I would take it back with me." Referring to the guard whose skin you wear.

He then stands ready with scimitar in hand awaiting how you react.

The vesta-guard raises an eyebrow and looks at the man. "Tell me truthfully how you knew that this man simply wasn't a traitor who willingly helped your enemy and I shall return him to you?" Vesta says in a tone more curious than anything else.

Assuming he answers truthfully,

Vesta pulls herself from the man's body and while he is still disoriented she waves a hand to telekinetically shove the guard over to the Decon.

"Of course you realize if you've tricked us in some way and that isn't the book we'll return to your little fort in force? I can't say that we'll be so polite if we have to make a second trip." Vesta say's as she makes a small motion toward the book which jumps off the sand and into her hand which she is oddly able to catch solidly in an elbow length gloved hand.


Primordial Ooze

To Vesta's query on the guard: "It matters not what transpired, he is of my flock. I doubt he was traitorous, but even if he was he will be offered a chance for redemption." As the disoriented guard stumbles towards him, the Deacon steadies him and bids him to be quiet.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
To Vesta's query on the guard: "It matters not what transpired, he is of my flock. I doubt he was traitorous, but even if he was he will be offered a chance for redemption." As the disoriented guard stumbles towards him, the Deacon steadies him and bids him to be quiet.

Vesta winks sexually at the guard then looks back to the Decon

"I meant how could you tell he was possessed instead of just a turncoat? Call it professional curiosity."


Primordial Ooze

"Your form was not hidden to my sight"

True Seeing


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:

"Your form was not hidden to my sight"

True Seeing

"Ahh." Vesta says understanding.

Then she does this part
"Of course you realize if you've tricked us in some way and that isn't the book we'll return to your little fort in force? I can't say that we'll be so polite if we have to make a second trip." Vesta say's as she makes a small motion toward the book which jumps off the sand and into her hand which she is oddly able to catch solidly in an elbow length gloved hand.

adding
"Before we go is there anything you want to tell us that may keep us from having to make a second trip? Magical traps on the book? It's the wrong book? You ripped out key pages? Things like that?"


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Telepathically Do either of you know the magicks that would allow you to speak with him once he's dead?

Spellcraft roll from earlier:
Figured I'd be this here, since I was unable to post the roll beforehand. 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Gathroc The Betrayer wrote:

Telepathically Do either of you know the magicks that would allow you to speak with him once he's dead?

** spoiler omitted **

telepathically; "Not I."


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

So we can all speak telepathically with each other? Or through Gabril? I was under the impression that telepathy only worked one way unless this is DM fiat.

If anyone can speak telepathically

Spoiler:
I do but he would probably be able to resist it, just because I can send a call to his spirit does not mean that he has to respond.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Daemon Son-of-none wrote:

So we can all speak telepathically with each other? Or through Gabril? I was under the impression that telepathy only worked one way unless this is DM fiat.

If anyone can speak telepathically
** spoiler omitted **

We're speaking telepathically using Gabriel as a hub. Technically he would have to repeat everything back to us, but we've been glossing over that.


Primordial Ooze

The Deacons face is resolute "If we need meet a second time you can be sure that I will be significantly less decorous also.... There is no deceit or tricks upon the book, feel free to review it if you must."


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
The Deacons face is resolute "If we need meet a second time you can be sure that I will be significantly less decorous also.... There is no deceit or tricks upon the book, feel free to review it if you must."

"Naturally." Vesta says casually as she inspects the exterior of the book (detect magic) rotating it in one gloved hand.

Telepathcially, "Gathroc, are we done here?"


Primordial Ooze

The book does not detect as magic to Vesta's enhanced sight.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Do we just take the book and go, or shall we slay him where he stands? If we do kill him, we could always raise him. I wonder though, if this cove is watched or warded. Were it me, I would definitely have set this place up in some way that others would know what was going on here. It could even be as simple as letting an underling know that if he dosen't come back from the cove to launch an investigation."


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Gathroc The Betrayer wrote:
Do we just take the book and go, or shall we slay him where he stands? If we do kill him, we could always raise him. I wonder though, if this cove is watched or warded. Were it me, I would definitely have set this place up in some way that others would know what was going on here. It could even be as simple as letting an underling know that if he dosen't come back from the cove to launch an investigation."

"If I were teleporting enemies somewhere I would have a backup plan. Probably better to let him live for the moment. We can always slay him later. Or just let the ravages of time do it for us. "


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Vesta looks up from her book inspection and casually turns to the Decon, as she tucks the book into a large pocket of her vest. As she does the book loses it's solid appearance and disapears behind the "fabric." She waves the hand dismissively at the decon and with a bored tone says "You may go."

She then turns to look him in the eye. Silently waiting for him to obey.


Primordial Ooze

Just waiting on a confirmation from at least Gathroc before I take the Deacon away from your grasp.


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

Ignac stands at parade rest, waiting to leave with the others.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

I look hungrily at the book as Vesta thumbs through it, wondering at the knowledge it holds within. I glance at the Deacon curiously, wondering also at the knowledge that he holds within, but waiting to see what the others will do.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Gathroc nods his assent at Vesta's decision. "My companion has spoken, you may leave us. Know that if this is not the book we seek, or if does not contain the information we want, we shall destroy you, raze you fortress to the ground and salt the earth so that nothing will ever grow there again."


Primordial Ooze

The Deacon remains still for a few moments before replying "I have chosen this path as it offered a chance to resolve the conflict without risking the death of innocents. If our path crosses again then you will burn from the light of the Dawnflower." he then closes his eyes momentarily and touches the hilt of his scimitar to brow while his other hand rests on the disoriented guard. The air shimmers slightly and the pair disappear from the cove.

Spellcraft DC21:
Word of Recall


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

"What do you all say we go somewhere else then discuss our next step? I don't know about you all, but I don't want to hang out where our enemy dropped us off."


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

I second these thoughts. now where do you think we ought to go?"


Primordial Ooze

Just a reminder - you were tasked by the Shadow Claw to retrieve that which you have retrieved.
Gabriel has an ability to contact the Shadow Claw long distance if you want to.
You can take a peek within the book if you like?
You are presently on the coast South of Quantium, so you'll need to cross the Mana Wastes on your way back to Geb.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

"Lets search the area quickly to be sure there aren't any surprises waiting for us. Then we can decide what to do.'

Presumably everyone is amiable we spread out and make sure there are no spies or other enemy forces.

Assuming the area is clear...

"Gabriel can you inspect the book to make sure its not trapped and is in fact the book we seek? If so feel free to update The Shadow Claw of our progress." She say's as she tosses the book to the severed hand.


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

Of course.

Gabriel takes his time looking for traps...

Perception 'take 20' = 40, 44 Vs Traps.

If he finds nothing dangerous, he will contact his Master.


Primordial Ooze

Gabriel examines the book and finds that it is just that.... a book. It is not locked, there are no arcane sigils within that would explode and no lock to bar it's opening.

Gabriel contacting Shadow Claw:
When Gabriel makes contact the dracolich hears out his report, but when he hears that you have the book you get an overwhelmingly strong urge and impetus.
The Shadow Claw has bid you to "Come"


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

We have been summoned... Home. My Master wants the book as soon as possible.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Gabriel Helminth wrote:
We have been summoned... Home. My Master wants the book as soon as possible.

"looks like we need more undead horses."


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

"Well let us find a way out of here and then we see about transportation."


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

Gathroc, I believe you and I have a solution to our lack of mounts?

Ignac draws a small sigil in the sand below him, pressing his palm into the center once he has finished. The sigil expands, and then rises, with a horse-shaped fiend materializing as it passes. If you look closely, it appears to be the same as the one he summoned days ago.

"Daemon, you can ride with me."

1,251 to 1,300 of 2,552 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Voice's Envoy of Geb - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.