Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Voice's Envoy of Geb - An Undead Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

The Shadow Claw has sent you forth as a vanguard of Geb to seek a book that may hold the key to where Nex has been hiding all these years...


51 to 100 of 2,552 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

"Who is this mage and where do we find him? What can you tell us about his defneses? What is the name of this book and what does it look like? How does he protect it?"


Primordial Ooze

"I know not the wizard's name, though he has a tower in Northern Nex. In his youth he worked in the golem-works of Oenopion, and the tome you will retrieve is a history of his noble house. Do not doubt that you will know it when you see it."

"His defenses and protections are not known to me as his tower is shrouded by protective magics and resists my probing sight. Similarly it prevents me from direct delivery of my agents into his lair. You will be unleashed upon a nearby farmhouse, where you should be able to reach his tower on foot or hoof within a day's travel."


Murmur stops dancing. "If this book is so important to you, why haven't you gone yourself?


Primordial Ooze

Chuckling again "There are powers at play that might notice a being of my power if I were to depart Mechitar and search in earnest. A group of minor undead such as yourselves have a far greater chance of not drawing unwarranted attention"


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

Knowledge (Arcana) take 10= 20

"Golems, golems, we do not like golems. They are immune to many magics and others react differently against them. It may be good to invest in a Golembane Scarab if we may be running into golems..."


Primordial Ooze

Any more questions for The Shadow Claw? - if no further queries, I'll send you on your way...(you leave immediately after this audience)


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
Any more questions for The Shadow Claw? - if no further queries, I'll send you on your way...(you leave immediately after this audience)

Vesta has no further questions


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

I have no questions.


Euridicea tugged upon a stray lock of her hair which flows freely down from atop her head today. Her eyes roamed over the skeletal frame of their new master as she paced behind, between, and around the others as they spoke of the task at hand. She began to sing to herself, "Where treads the crownless king doom is soon to follow, but watching eyes peering down miss simple dolls so hollow, beware the cold touch of the men of mud and rocks and ore, beyond the threshold of the final death lies the sightless door."

She finished her latest rambling tune balanced upon one foot as she turned slowly in place to face the Shadow Claw, "In the spire of bonds the gilded key is found, once the slavemaster's pets have been unbound, in the blind man's land a true song shall ring, what path along the road to take, Oh Crownless King?"

Translation into Common(Sane): Once we get the book, where do we go with it?


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

In response to all the questions, with the exception of Euridicea's Gathroc says "Stop that incessant rambling"


Primordial Ooze

Addressing Euridicea: "Gabriel will be accompanying you, once the tome is yours he will contact me and I can recall you in the same manner that you were sent."


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

I have no more questions either


"Do we have time to prepare, or will we be leaving immediately?"

Murmur would like a few minutes to go buy a few golembane arrows with his remaining money, so he's not completely useless against them.


Primordial Ooze

"You will depart as soon as we are done here"

Murmur - feel free to slightly adjust your gear if you like though.
More detailed post up later tonight


Primordial Ooze

Drawing itself up to its full impressive height, The Shadow Claw continues "Unless you have more mysteries that I must enlighten you upon, I am impatient to see you on your way."

That's an invitation to ret-con any questions in, but I'll advance the plot now in any case

The Shadow Claw opens his mouth and exhales a cloud of deep shadow. It swirls around you, seeping into your person and clinging to you. For a few moments you feel nothing, but then a cold chill suffuses your person and a falling sensation is experienced. This fall through the void lasts only a few seconds before abruptly halting and the shadow starting to clear.

Gabriel:
"Watch them closely little one, they are capable but I am not sure if they are trustworthy."

As your vision returns to find yourself in the open wild, outside a farmhouse with an attached barn. It is close to midnight by the track of the moon and lantern light plays out in fine tendrils touching the dark from both the house and the barn.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Vesta speaks up,
"I'll investigate the farmhouse. We can use it to discuss our next move"

With that vesta slides into the ground as she moves toward the farmhouse until only her head is visible. Then it becomes invisible.

Stealth 1d20 + 43 ⇒ (2) + 43 = 45 (possible additional bonuses for cover)

Vesta will have detect magic up as she stealths about the house.
Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Primordial Ooze

Vesta:
Within the house there are three bedrooms, but only one is occupied by two adult humans. They appear to be simple farmers, and you notice nothiing within the house that would suggest otherwise. The other two bedrooms show signs that someone was present until recently. The rest of the house is unremarkable, though you observe that there are sufficient shutters on the windows to bar the passage of the sun, and a large-ish common room downstairs would be big enough for all to assemble in for any discussions.
No magic appears to be in the vicinity.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

dm:

we're undead, so we're essentially evil, right? I'm thinking about what to do to these two.


Primordial Ooze

Vesta:
Yes, you are evil. Anyone is fair game for whatever you want to do.
I'll draw the line if I feel you're going too far, but part of the appeal of a PbP in this style is giving in to the sinister and unhinged side of your psyche... Embrace it :)


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

dm:

groovy. :-)

I'm going to come up through the floorboards and use corrupting touch on the woman (12d6 dmg from "aging") then posses the man before he wakes up fully. He'll need to roll a will save. I'm unclear on the difficulty of that, but its at least 19 probably higher. I'll check when I get home. If he makes his save I'll corrupting touch him too. If I do manage to posses him I'll walk him out to the others.


Primordial Ooze

Vesta:
The woman is not even able to rouse herself to scream before the weight of the corrupting touch robs her of life. The man begins to rouse as Vesta attempts to possess him.

Man Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Possess away


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

A few moments after vesta disappears a man opens the front door and walks directly toward the group. In what sounds like two people talking in unison. One male you don't recognize and one female you do(vesta).

"right this way please"

The man sidesteps and sweeps his arm to show the path to the door.


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

"I assume you've taken care of the family, then, Vesta? That's quite a handy skill you've got."


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Ignác Takács wrote:
"I assume you've taken care of the family, then, Vesta? That's quite a handy skill you've got."

"They were quietly dispatched though the one I inhabit now is quite alive The body may yet be useful."Vesta looks at Euridicea."I believe you're the only blood drinker among us. There is a woman in the bedroom that I dispatched moments ago. Her blood should be warm awhile longer if you wish to partake. Otherwise you can have this vessle when we've got no more use of it."

"Shall we all head inside to discuss our strategy?"


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

Does the barn appear to be mostly for farm equipment, i.e. is there a lage field with plants and its a small barn. Or does it appear to be a barn for animals?

"We have no direction, no name for our target and know only that he lives in a tower and is a mage. I do believe our next course of action is going to be to discover who and where our target is." I say this as I head to the house, talking to no one in particular.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

Gathroc follows Vesta inside. "It would be useful if we had a map"


"No children to play with?" A child's voice, sad and depressed.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
_Murmur wrote:
"No children to play with?" A child's voice, sad and depressed.

"it would seem not."

P.S. Creepy. ;-)


A sigh whistles through Murmur's skull, producing an eerie sound not unlike a child crying.

"Maybe the ghost missed one?"
"I doubt it, she was invisible and could take a careful look."
"But it's possible."
"True."
"Let's go see! I want a new friend."

After Murmur's brief conversation, he skips torwards the house, a twisted mockery of a carefree child at play. Nearly inaudible sobs, whimpers, and songs trail behind him for a moment, then fade as he moves away.

Aura of Sobs is active.


Primordial Ooze

The barn looks to be one that keeps some animals. You notice a horse post just outside the entrance to the house. The fields look to be sown with a currently immature crop of corn. In the far distance you can pick out the outline of a tower against the moon-lit sky.

Re: request for map. From a quick scan around the area looks quite isolated except for this farmhouse and the far-off tower.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

As I am walking toward the house, I look up from the ground as I am mumbling about not knowing where to go. Seeing the tower in the distance, "Ah, That must be the tower that we are supposed to be going to! We may as well stay here for the night and make some plans. Rest for the day and then set out tomorrow night."

DM:
How far away does the tower seem, Should we be able to make it to it within a night? If not I would like to check the barns for horses and raise them as either fast zombie horses or skeletal horses (I figure fast zombie horses would be easier to disguise and are actually faster) I wanted to ok the making of them with you prior to doing it, they probably wouldn't participate in battle being a 1 or 2 CR creature, just transportation.

Also if able I would like to do a sacrifice to Urgathoa using any available animals in the barn and the still living human man to "Bless" our quest, I leave it up to you to decide if that would incur any bonuses or notice from the godess.


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

What plans do you need to make? There does not appear to be much in the way of other structures in the vicinity, so I dare say that unless we are all stealthy, our approach will be noted. Would it not be better to approach sooner, rather than later, so that you do not run the risk of discovery during daylight hours?

Gabriel then leaps into the air, and flicks his wrist in a dismissive gesture.

Still, if you are set on waiting here for 24 hours, I suppose that I should at least try to scout-out a good route to the tower, and view any out-lying defenses that are in place...

Survival: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (18) + 22 = 40.
Stealth: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (12) + 34 = 46.


Primordial Ooze

The tower is about a half day's ride distant - so given that it's midnight, you would reach it just as the sun came up if you went now. If you set out at evening time tomorrow, then you'd reach the tower at about midnight (that's assuming horse travel speed)

Daemon:
Zombie fast horses for transportation are fine.
If you want to use the animals / humans for an augury you can RP it out and I'll respond in kind. You may get an inkling of what you seek, but nothing too detailed ;)
However no-one has stepped foot inside the barn yet, so you don't know what is in there....

Gabriel:
Before you set out on your recon mission, your trained 'senses' notice recent human tracks leading from the house into the barn. The other tracks indicate that there are likely three horses in the barn as well - one workhorse and two riding horses.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

At the suggestion of waiting, Gathroc responds "Must we delay?"


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Gathroc The Betrayer wrote:
At the suggestion of waiting, Gathroc responds "Must we delay?"

"Ask the Vampire."


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

"We definitely don't want the vampire getting caught out in the sun, so we should probably wait until we can get all the way to the tower under complete darkness."


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Ignác Takács wrote:
"We definitely don't want the vampire getting caught out in the sun, so we should probably wait until we can get all the way to the tower under complete darkness."

"That's probably wise." Said with just a dash of sarcasm.


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

"I do not wish to waste half the night."


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

I stop and spin around at the sound of the arguing behind my back, "Well since no one seems the least bit inclined to go into the house to make plans I will investigate the barn and see what kind of resources we may have to use there."

So saying I make my way over to the barn and fling open the door.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

Vesta lets out a loud sigh that sounds like several tortured souls sounding off in unison.

"I understand that we all have our own agendas, but if we don't work together you're all going to meet the final death while I escape into something solid. We're all immortal. We can afford one night so that we can discuss strategy. Now if everyone will PLEASE go inside we can talk at length about how we can work together and finish this task. ONLY when we finish this task will we all receive the boons promised us. Now if you PLEASE, GO INSIDE ALL OF YOU. Thank you." (cap words means vesta raised her voice, as i'm sure you all figured out.) "Besides, we can leave during the day if needed. I have means of protecting the vampire from the light."


Male Human Graveknight Armiger 10

"Very well, miss. However, the day is still a bad time to leave, as we would be much more easily spotted in daylight than in the dark of night."


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10
Ignác Takács wrote:
"Very well, miss. However, the day is still a bad time to leave, as we would be much more easily spotted in daylight than in the dark of night."

"I agree. However, It's an option if we truly need it."


Murmur, having already headed to the house, misses the entire disagreement. Inside, he searches each room, hoping to find a playmate the ghost missed. Several voices hum softly, and his head bobs to the rhythm.


Primordial Ooze

Murmur:
You don't find any playmates, the rooms you move through are bereft of toys and look like the occupants are too old to be fun. You do find an old chest in what looks to be a storage room that has some toys and games in it.
You see the woman killed by Vesta lying upon the master bed - skin stretched tightly across her face as though she were unnaturally aged.

Daemon throws open the barn door throwing the moonlight on a trio of frightened horses. Two look to be riding horses, while the third is a heavy workhorse. They neigh and shuffle fearfully as they bask in the lich's aura.

Perception DC20:
You hear a stifled gasp from a raised hay storage area, and can see two teenagers huddled together in terror.


While the others were arguing between waiting and striking out that moment, Euridicea squatted down and plunged one of her hands into the rich soil of the homestead. She wiggled her fingers through the dirt as she pulled forth a handful clump of the material. The earthy aroma brought a sigh from her as she inhaled deeply, "Such fertile tilled earth is a sad sight to see, without a few hundred bodies buried beneath me." The nymph let the dirt run through her fingers as she stood and dusted off her hands before holding aloft her parasol once more. She circled Vesta and Gathroc, tsk-tsking as she unslung an embroidered black leather bag, it almost appeared more of a purse with the designs of thorny vines woven in gold thread upon its surface, from around her shoulder. Euridicea opened the tightly secured flap over the bag, then folds her parasol closed before sticking the whole thing into the smaller bag, "This little raven fears not the fiery eye, that indominable tyrant so high in the sky, for a snug little burrow is always close by, filled with cold dirt from where the dead lie."

The vampire smiled a queer little grin as she pranced more in the direction of the tower, pointing with one finger and arm outstretched that way, "If we mean to be quick then we must now go, the fallen crown shall not be claimed by the slow, the slavemaster awaits for our coming ahead, the worst fate he can inflict is to see us dead."


Male Dullahan(formerly an Elf) Weapon Master 4

"Very well, though I am unsure how much strategy we can plan if we lack a map or any information beyond what the Claw told us." With that the warrior heads inside.


Male Human(Lich) Cleric 3, Wizard 3, Mystic Theurge 4

perception 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (1) + 25 = 26 wow, that was pathetic, good thing you can't fail a skill check

DM/Murmur:
seeing the still living teenagers a smile plays across my face,

I know that in its casting description message states that you must point your finger at the person that you are trying to speak too, so if you want to rule that my casting of message does not work I will figure out something else to do.

"Message," I point my finger toward the house that I know murmur is prancing about in. "Murmur I do believe that I have found your playmates, they are in the barn, come quickly."

I step into the barn, pulling the doors closed behind me, "Hello children I do not wish to hurt you, what are you doing hiding out here?" I try to keep to the shadows so they cannot see me too well.

diplomacy 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
sense motive 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (3) + 25 = 28
disguise 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 (to hide the fact I am undead by keeping to the shadows)
bluff 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Haha, 3 untrained skill checks, this is not what I should be doing.


'Male' Crawling Claw (Human) Rogue 10

You know, Gabriel notes conversationally, By the looks of the tracks around here, it is likely that there are two riding horses and a work-horse in the barn. There may also be some more humans in there...

Apologies for the delayed posting. I have been having trouble with my wireless network today :-/


Primordial Ooze

Daemon / Murmur:
No issues, message received as written

Still shuddering in fear, the male teenager replies "We weren't hiding... it's just her parents don't approve and... Who are you anyway?"

Remember that you can always take 10 whenever we aren't in combat if you like.


Female Human (ghost) Shadow Sorcerer 10

"Oh never mind. It would seem the vampire has no fear of the sunlight. Lets just make haste tonight. We'll need transport. Lets go see if Daemon found anything in the barn."

edit; Still inhabiting the mans body Vesta heads toward the barn.

51 to 100 of 2,552 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Voice's Envoy of Geb - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.