Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM_the_Loreweaver's First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master the loreweaver

A Pathfinder Society game consisting of the three new First Steps scenarios.


951 to 972 of 972 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Reflex sav: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Hekirin aattacks the gill man with the spear.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9
Sneak Attack damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Silver Crusade

DM_the Loreweaver wrote:

Thoradin, I probably should have thrown the map up yesterday, but you may want/need to rethink your action as you're out of range for the command spell at your current location.

Change Target to Gillman w/ the artifact pls.


Male Deity

Round One (continued)
Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Thoradin's otherworldly voice draws Ahrmisa's attention and the gillman freezes in place even has he clutches the Pathfinders' artifact. Tanrov, eager to help save the day, steps free of the sticky webbing as he circles behind his opponents. Shoalo, quickly reverses her spear, jabbing it at the youth as moves close.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The thrust is too late and Tanrov moves by unscathed as he winds up with his maul. Having been compelled to halt, the male gillman's head makes an all too easy target as the barbarian crushes it. The familiar sound of a shattering skull preludes Ahrmisa's fall to the floor. The relic he was holding a moment ago comes to rest near his unmoving body.

Having felt the sting of Shoalo's spear, Hekirin spins that direction and slashes blindly with his wakazashi.

Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 31%

Without his vision, the ninja's otherwise lethal swing sails harmlessly through the open air.

Round Two
With her spear still aimed backwards, Shoalo spins to face Tanrov, jabbing the spear behind her at Hekirin.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Still blinded, the ninja walks into this second attack against him, impaling himself on the gillman's spear. Smirking, the gillman crouches down and reclaims the relic.

Tanrov, you're welcome to make an attack of opportunity against her.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

AoO

"I said back off!", the young barbarian roars as he swings at the thieving gillman.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 5) + 9 = 15

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 52/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Reflex Save
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Round 2

Andrazi attempts to break free of the web.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Deity

Round Two (continued)
As Shoalo's hand wraps around the relic, Tanrov bellows at her. She looks up just in time to see his maul connect with her face. As she turns her head in futility, the weapon glances off her skull, smearing her face and wrecking the bones in her shoulder. Her lifeless form collapses next to her companion's. The artifact remains clutched in her hand.

Andrazi finds himself entangled by thick gooey strands of the silken web. No sooner does he manage to wrench an arm free, than he finds his foot wrapped tight. Try as he might, he is unable to pull himself free.

The bartender reaches behind the bar. As her hand comes back into view, you notice her gripping a slender glass rod. She calls out to the raging barbarian as she points the object at him, "Nelparsh." A silver shard of energy flies from the tip of the wand, weaving wildly through the air before striking Tanrov in the chest.

Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Silver Crusade

Calling on the Power of Torag, Thoradin Channels his Divine Energy to ease his Companions wounds, and keep them in the Fight

Channel Positive energy
1d6 ⇒ 1

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Rage 2/12

Tanrov scoops up the relic.

"I got it! I got it!"

Bending low, the young barbarian tosses it to the dwarf.

"Thor, catch!"


Male Deity

The faint warmth of Torag's divine power washes over each of you as Thoradin glows dimly beneath the mass of webbing draped over him. Tanrov immediately bends down and frees the artifact from the gillman's dead grasp. With an enthusiastic underhand toss, he passes it off to Thoradin. Attack roll vs. AC 10 to catch it in the air.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 52/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Round 3

Andrazi again tries to break free of the webbing.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

He then makes his way towards the spellcasting bartender.

Silver Crusade

Bah ye fool! I can't catch anything all covered in Web!

attempt to catch the Artifact
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male Deity

Hekirin continues to fight blindly against the entangling web, swinging his wakasashi blindly in a desperate attempt to keep any possible foes at bay.

DM Roll:
Blindness duration: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The relic sails just outside Thoradin's reach as the sticky strands restrain his arms. The item lands at his feet, threatening to roll away, but gets snagged on the web instead.

Round Three
Finally able to slip free of the web, Andrazi begins to cross the floor in the direction of the bar. Which square did you want to end up in? The gillman calls out in an arcane tongue, "Tertash." This is followed by a loud ringing noise. The glass of the aquarium fractures an instant before the entire thing explodes into a cloud of shrapnel. Water and sea creatures alike spill out harmlessly across the bar floor or fall into the bay below. The bartender then pulls a dagger from under the bar.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Rage 3/12

Tanrov rushes over to help pull the dwarf from the sticky webbing.

"Shadow, watch out where you're swinging!", he shouts in alarm.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 52/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Andrazi will move out of the web to V9 to avoid the difficult terrain and to avoid having to make more CMB checks.

Silver Crusade

"Blast ye Fishheads!, I cannit see with all this web! Torag! Aid those who do ye work!"

Cast Bless, +1to hit, +1 will vs. fear


Male Deity

As Tanrov moves to help Thoradin free, the dwarf alternates between prayers to his deity and curses for the gillmen. Andrazi skirts the perimeter of the web, moving to intercept the bartender. As Hekirin and Nestor continue to struggle, the last gillman vaults the bar. She scowls at the Varisian as her feet touch the floor and immediately push off the wooden planks. With an graceful leap, she dives over the railing that once guarded the fish tank.

As Andrazi reaches the tank, he peers down into the sea water below. Ripples are the only trace of the gillman. With some effort, Tanrov manages to free his companions from the entangling web and Hekirin finds his sight quickly returned.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov glances a the gore smeared across his maul.

"What was that about? Why go through all that trouble just to try to trick us?"

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 52/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"I got no idea." He turns to Nestor. "Do you have any idea why they'd do this?"


Male Deity

Nestor shakes his head slowly as he pulls that last clinging strands from his scalp. Bending down, he begins to rifle through one of the bodies, "I can't say for certain. Perhaps this will help explain things though." The appraiser unfolds a piece of parchment pulled from the gillman's pocket. He studies it a moment, nodding sagely as he eyes move from left to right across the page. When he's done, Nestor stands and hands it to Andrazi, "It appears our three would be relic dealers are actually agents for the Aspis Consortium. Seems they thought they might pull a fast one on us by trading our legitimate artifact for their fake. Unfortunately, our efforts have been wasted, although I suspect Venture-Captain Dreng will be happy to know we were able to retain possession of the Pathfinder's property."

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

"So that's it? We're done here?"

Tanrov becomes disappointed and then suddenly looks excited again.

"Imagine what could happen on the trip back!"

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 52/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"So it was a set up from the beginning. I guess we are done here." Andrazi looks over the note.

"I'd rather not think about it." Is his reply to Tanrov's never ending enthusiasm.

Grand Lodge

Stupid fish-men.

951 to 972 of 972 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM_the_Loreweaver's First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.