Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM_the_Loreweaver's First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master the loreweaver

A Pathfinder Society game consisting of the three new First Steps scenarios.


351 to 400 of 972 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Female Elf Fighter 1

Srina Shoots at the Imp again.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Deity

Tanrov and Andrazi both lunge for the imp. The creature zips between the warrior's grasping hands as it whips its tail at Andrazi's face.

Attack of Oppertunity: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

The barbarian youth, however, is there to pluck the distracted devil from the air. Thoradin steps up next to Srina as the woman draws her bow and lets loose a second arrow. Snagged by Tanrov's meaty hand, the imp has little opportunity to avoid the shot. Although it cuts deeply, barely a trickle of blood flows from the wound. Hekirin comes up behind the grapple, still whirling his hook and rope.

The imp spouts something as it flutters furiously at Tanrov, "Kwr fi!"

Infernal:
"Let go!"

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4 + Fortitude save

Its tail darts for his captor's forearm, the needle-like tip burning as it pierces the skin.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 40/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Andrazi growls as the imp tries to struggle in Tanrov's grasp. His patience clearly worn thin as he pulls out the silver letter opener and stabs the imp with it."You had your chance."

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Confirming Critical Threat
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Total of 14 damage

Andrazi clearly wasn't kidding as he stabs the imp right in the shoulder.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov howls as the struggling imp stings his hands.

Fort Save - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Growling in pain, the burly Shoanti tightens his grip on the evil little imp attempting to tear it apart.

Grapple for damage w/ Power Attack
1d20 + 7 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 5 - 1 = 29
1d3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Fighter 1

"Well done, you two. It seems my arrow had little effect."


Male Deity

Andrazi skewers the imp with the silver letter opener, pinning one of the wings to its body in the process. Tanrov and Andrazi get a whiff of something that smells faintly of sulfur and burning flesh as the Varisian buries the blade up to the handle. A wave of what you can only assume is profanity cascades from the tiny devil's mouth as it relinquishes its hold on the box. Although the burning sensation quickly subsides, the hulking barbarian bears down even harder on his captive. There is an audible snapping sound as the imp's head twists at an unnatural angle and it dissolves into a plume of acrid smoke.

Grand Lodge

Hekirin bends down and picks up the box then holds it out to Tanrov. "Take box. You earn right to give it to hot lady.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrvo's heavy breathing becomes slower as he comes down from his rage. Taking the box from Hekirin, he looks to Andrazi and then Srina, "Are you sure? We all helped".

He doesn't even seem to notice his punctured hand spilling blood all over the floor.

Grand Lodge

" Yes, yes. We all get credit but you get honor of kill."

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

"Is that how it works?", Tanrov asks in excited disbelief.

Clutching the box with his good hand the burly youth bounds out into the sitting room.

"We got it!", he says proudly.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 40/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"You do remember we have to bring the box back to the lodge right? But you can claim the credit with the Paracountess."


Male Deity

Standing in the doorway between the sitting room and her bed chamber, the Paracountess frowns, "You let Kreuvus off easy for his tantrum. I so was looking forward to punishing the little rascal." The woman sighs. A smile pulls at the corner of her mouth as Tanrov eagerly approaches, "I don't suppose you'd like to help me break in my new studded whip, would you cupcake?"

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

A throaty sound comes out of the barbarian youth's throat and he takes a few steps forward before he remembers his duty and his companions.

"Uh, maybe later", he says.

Tanrov looks back to Srina and the others.

"We have more work to do first. We have to get back to the Grand Lodge".

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 40/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Yea, sorry about that. I kinda shivved him a little too hard there." Andrazi apologizes. "I'm sure we can spare a few minutes before we head back. I think you'd enjoy it buddy." He says jokingly.

Silver Crusade

"Well done lads!, Now let me see what i cann' do bout' that cut.."

Channel Positive Energy
1d6 ⇒ 5

Thoradin takes one look at the whip, then sneers and shakes his head

I'm withTanrov, lets get moving from the god forsacken place!"


Male Deity

"Very well, but I do so hope I'll see most of you again before too long," the Paracountess coos. She pulls a silken cord that dangles against the wall behind her desk. A moment later there is a knock at the door and another servant enters. "Show our new friends out, please." With the objective tucked under his arm, Tanrov leads the party as you file out behind the manservant.

Back on the street, you have a moment to regroup. Taking inventory of your tasks, it's clear that you've accomplished everything Venture-Captain Vaslin had sent you out to do. From your location in the Ivy District, it's a relatively brief jaunt back to the Grand Lodge and the sun is only now starting to sink lower in the sky.

You're not but a few blocks from the Chelaxian estate when you come upon a throng of people blocking the street ahead. A performance art group has commandeered the street, drawing graffiti to create a jolly hellscape complete with illusory devils comically dancing around in circles. A few citizens avoiding the crowd slip off-street through a nearby alley, the only egress past the gathering.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 40/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"This way. Otherwise we'll never make it back to the Lodge." Andrazi suggests as he leads the group into the alley.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov marvels at his mended hand, "Thanks again Thor".

"Big guy, how do you think we did on our first day out as Pathfinders?"

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 40/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"For a first day on the job? Not too bad I'd say. I'm just glad it's over so we can all take a break."

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Fighter 1

"Yes, it's been a long day, but a productive one."

Grand Lodge

Hekirin walks quietly behind Tanrov. His hand still concealing the small sharpened metal star shaped item. "Hia. Very good day.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

"Do you think the Venture Captain will have more for us tomorrow?", Tanrov asks while following closely behind the Varisian.


Male Deity

Andrazi leads the party down a side alley that several other pedestrians are using as well. Although narrow and more cluttered with debris than the main thoroughfare, the detour should put you on a parallel street within moments. You should be able to make it back to the lodge in time for dinner.

Sense motive checks, please.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Sense Motive - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Grand Lodge

Sense Motive:1d20 ⇒ 6

Silver Crusade

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 40/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

1d20 ⇒ 10

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Fighter 1

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Male Deity

Spirits are high as everyone is evaluating the outcome of their first assignment and speculating at the adventures to come. Most everyone is so distracted by the conversation, that only Thoradin realizes something is not quite right. The hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. Glancing about, he's unable to shake the feeling of being watched. As if on cue, a billowing cloud of thick white mist pours out of a sewer grate behind the party. A murmur of surprise ripples through the other pedestrian taking this route as they scatter back the way they came. The area quickly empties leaving Andrazi, Hekirin, Srina, Tanrov, and Thoradin standing before four others who refuse to evacuate the alley.

A young and lithe woman, with red hair hanging in ringlets that just brush her shoulders. She wears a long skirt, embroidered with silver and black thread and a high-necked woolen blouse. Full golden blonde hair frames another woman's healthy, smiling face, punctuated with steely blue eyes and thick red lips. She wears a well-made, green silk dress in the most current fashion with a shimmering black scarf draped across her shoulders. With a face you could easily forget or miss in a crowd — short-cropped light brown hair, light complexion, and forgettable brown eyes — the third figure, a man, wears rumpled worker’s clothing with a heavy coat over a chain shirt. Rounding out the team, is a halfling whose most notable features are his comical handlebar mustache and a clearly bad attitude.

Each member of the opposing band is eagerly eying your group. As if the sneers and smirks on their faces make their intentions perfectly clear, they brandish weapons and hurriedly advance on you.

Initiatives, please. Andrazi, Srina, and Thoradin may also give me surprise round actions as a few of these individuals are rather familiar looking. I'll post a map this afternoon, but at the moment, you're in an alley that is 5 to 10 feet wide and are about 30 feet away from the other party.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Heh, this is another one you could roll for us.

Silver Crusade

Int
1d20 ⇒ 17

Not sure what the marching Order is, but If i am within Reach of Tanrov, I will touch his Hammer and cast magic weapon

" If its a' Fight ye want, ye'll be getting more than yer looking fer! Torag! Bless this Hammer to Swing true and Stike Fierce!"

+1 atk/+1dmg for 10 rounds!

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 40/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Andrazi takes up a defensive stance. "Hey, wait a minute. I know these guys! They've been watching us!"

Surprise Action - Total Defense

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Fighter 1

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

If any are within 30 feet, I will shoot at them, otherwise I will prepare the action to attack the first one within that distance.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"I do not think it is a coincidence we had to detour through this alley. These brigands have been planning this all day!"

Grand Lodge

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"Common bandits. Come and die thugs!"


Male Deity

NPC Initiatives:

Deandre: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Larkin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Ledford: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Hallie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

The halfling releases a blood-curdling howl that you wouldn't expect from someone of such a small size. With his greataxe held over his head, he rushes recklessly at the enormous Tanrov. The sharpened axe bites deep into the barbarian's thigh and its wielder lets loose a howl of glee.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The scarlet-haired woman grasps something in her hand as she closes her eyes for a moment and mumbles something to herself. As her eyes flash open again, a shimmering silver aura envelopes her.

Recognizing the danger present, Thoradin offers a hasty prayer to his deity. A golden light ripples across Tanrov's hammer as the dwarf imbues it.

Srina's elven reflexes let her respond the situation quickly, pulling an arrow from her quiver as she simultaneously brings her bow to bear. Unfortunately, the shot is too hasty and the arrow shatters against the stone wall of the alley.

The woman with golden hair glares angrily at Andrazi, practically shouting at him in a spidery tongue, "Cidaic ary!" As she points accusingly at him, a sickly green ray of acid shoots forth. However, her aim is untrue and the corrosive energy sails harmlessly over everyone's head.

Attack: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The unremarkable looking brown haired man holds his rapier at the ready, as if waiting to see how the scene plays out.

Realizing an ambush, Andrazi drops into a defensive stance.

Battle map: Back Alley

For clarification, 'D' is the red-head, 'H' is the blonde, 'W' is the non-descript man, and 'L' is the halfling.

Grand Lodge

Hekirin moves forward and attacks the halfling Move to E4.
Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Was that all the surprise round? Tanrov was supposed to be behind Andrazi. Can we get an overall initiative order?


Male Deity

Yes, that was the surprise round. Everyone gets their regular turns from here out. This is a very narrow alley, so it's going to be a bit of a cluster-$!(&* and the halfling is causing something of a bottle-neck.

Tanrov, I did miss the part where you were staying behind Andrazi. Without back tracking too much and since Hekirin just moved into a wall (E4 is occupied by a building), if you and he are okay with it, I'll let him swap places with you: he goes to E2, and you can shift back to C3 on his turn without further penalty.

The initiative order is:
Hekirin
Ledford (the halfling)
Deandre (red-haired woman)
Thoradin
Srina
Hallie (blonde woman)
Larkin (non-descript man)
Andrazi
Tanrov

Grand Lodge

Do I nedd to throw an Acrobatics check in there?
Acrobatics:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

That works. So Hekirin will take the 5 damage instead of Tanrov?
Also, how climbable are the buildings here?


Male Deity

The damage will still go to Tanrov as I don't want to backtrack too much and don't want to reshuffle everyone to keep Tanrov off the front line but still near Andrazi. Sorry if I hadn't made that clear before. Besides, I'm fairly confident that not only can Tanrov handle the hit, but it's not going to make a big difference in the outcome of this encounter :)

Beginning of Round 1
Hekirin slips between his companions, pushing Tanrov off the front line as much to protect the youth from further harm as to allow the ninja to strike his own blow. His steel finds flesh and although the attack may have felled a lesser creature, the enraged halfling only bellows with anger. The mustached opponent takes a wild swing at Hekirin, but the strike is hasty and fails to connect. He takes a step backwards, eying Andrazi and Hekirin as if daring one of them to step up.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Deandre picks up the short sword at her hip and moves closer to the fray. "Get them!" she orders the others.

These are typical brick and stone buildings, so it'll be a DC 25 to climb. You can reduce this to DC 20 if you're in a corner with two perpendicular walls.

Back Alley (1.1)

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

The whole point of bringing it up was because Tanrov shouldn't have taken the damage. If I'm taking the damage anyway I'll just stay where I am. I'm not going to waste two turns worth of actions and take 5 damage.

Oh, well. Thanks anyway. I'll try to emphasize my positioning better in the future.

Silver Crusade

Crunch:

Using the Command SU Power from the Inevitiable (Law) Domain, I cast Command on the halfling, DC16 Will Save

Command (Su): As a standard action, you can give a creature an emotionless yet undeniable order, as per the spell command. A Will save negates this effect. You cannot target a creature more than once per day with this ability. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Command Spell

Thoradin Points his Hammer at the Enraged Halfing, and in a Deep Booming Voice, not his own, bellows a command.

DROP YOUR WEAPON IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE!

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Fighter 1

Srina, coming to grips with the ambush, shoots at the halfling.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Apparently Srina just wants to shoot the wall, but really hard.


Male Deity

The blonde haired woman's seamingly non-sensical words are filled with venom as she continues to point at Andrazi. Another sickly gray ray shoots forth from her finger and the woman smiles a wicked grin as it grazes the man's arm.

Attack (touch): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The rapier-weilding man follows his apparent leader, taking an offensive stand directly behind the enraged halfling.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov howls in pain as the axe digs into his thigh. Panic begins to set in as the burly youth realizes this is his first battle, against people, without his brothers to support him. He draws his hammer and holds it at the ready, watching the halfling closely for an opening.

What would Taurus do?

Roaring a cry of equal parts fear and ferocity, the Shoanti barbarian brings his giant hammer to bear.

Rage
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 6) + 9 = 18

Confirming
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
4d6 + 18 ⇒ (1, 5, 3, 2) + 18 = 29

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 40/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Andrazi's defensive stance pays off and he dodges the ray of energy. He retaliates on the halfing by quickly picking up some sand and throwing it in his face.

Dirty Trick
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 versus CMD If it works, Andrazi will choose to blind the halfling.


Male Deity

With the halfling's gaze diverted for just a moment, Andrazi flings a fistful of sand and dirt at small barbarian. As a result of the blinding barrage, the halfling never sees Tanrov approach. The larger barbarian's knuckles are white as he grips his maul, swinging the weapon in a huge arc. The head of the maul crushes the halfling's chest on impact and lifts the lifeless body off its feet. The corpse leaves a wet red smear against the alley wall after being hurled through a stack of deserted crates.


Male Deity

Round Two

Back Alley (2)

Back to Hekirin.

Grand Lodge

Hekirin moves forward attempting to pass through the two assailants, then tries to slice the woman with his sword.

Acrobatics:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Move to I3 attack the woman with the s sword.

351 to 400 of 972 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM_the_Loreweaver's First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.