Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM_the_Loreweaver's First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master the loreweaver

A Pathfinder Society game consisting of the three new First Steps scenarios.


201 to 250 of 972 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov briefly thinks about his brothers. What adventures could they be up to?

"Did you see him again 'Rina?", the burly youth asks while scanning the crowds.

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Fighter 1

"I am not sure. I think I have spotted the same man following us several times. Short brown hair, light complexion. If he is following us, he is doing a fair job as when I look closer I cannot locate him. It is possible it is just in my head..." She turns back to Andrazi, "Let us continue on."

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Really? Well, as long as he doesn't get in our way, we should be fine. Let's get moving then, no time to waste." Andrazi turns back and starts walking again towards the next job.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

"I think I spotted that same man following us earlier", Tanrov confirms.


Male Deity

Thanks guys, I'll see what I can do to step it up.

The crowds thin out as you once again enter the more residential district of the Wise Quarter. The buildings here are much larger and more lavish than any you've seen yet today. Many have sentries posted at the front door or dogs left loose to wander yards that are walled in by stone, brick, or iron. Indeed, the Grand Councilmember's estate is set well back from the street from which you approach; a single guard, clearly of Osirian decent, is standing attentively at the wrought-iron. A keen-looking falcion hangs from his belt in plain sight and within easy reach.

The guard eyes the lot of you as it becomes clear that he stands before your intended destination.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Hey buddy! You mind letting us through? The Lodge sent us to talk to your boss. We don't want any trouble, just got a job to do. You understand right?"


Male Deity

The guard nods and, in a thick Osirian accent, says, "I understand. You are expected." Without further fanfare, he unlatches the gate and pushes it aside. A flagstone path leads up to a pair of grand double doors. You spy one or two servants, also of Osirian pursuation, tending to the yard. None of them seem to pay you any mind as you approach the estate.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Thanks." Andrazi responds as he walks through the gate and down the path to the double doors. He looks around for a second as if to observe the lay of the land before he opens the doors to enter.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov follows along taking in the opulence surrounding him.

Perception
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Male Deity

Tanrov:
The entire yard of this estate is well manicured. Even the servants that are tending to it don well-kept albiet plain, outfits. The estates here are significantly large and spaced much further apart than those in Eastgate. Although the rest of the city is still both visible and audible, it seems further away than before.

As Andrazi reaches for the door, it begins to open. On the otherside, a thin man with leathery skin stands before you. "You are the Pathfinders sent to do business with Grand Councilmember Salhar," it's more of a statement rather than a question. The servant recedes into the estate, not bothering to check if you are following him. "Grand Councilmember Salhar is not present today, I'm afraid. He was called away on Council business. However, his trusted advisor is available to negotiate any business you may require." As he talks, he leads you down well-decorated halls and past expansive rooms. After a few minutes, you arrive at a simple study near the end of a long hallway. Inside a tan-skinned old man sits behind a desk flipping though pages in a large tome. Scraps of paper jut from the book marking over two dozen different pages. As your group approaches the open door, the wise sage silently gestures for you into the study as he continues to read.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov enters the study as expected following behind Andrazi and the others.

Now he looks like a proper pathfinder.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"We're here from the Grand Lodge. Salhar gave the Society permission to delve into his vaults underneath Sothis. We were sent to make it official and to pick up the maps and charters." Andrazi says to the advisor.

Silver Crusade

back in the game! thanks for the NPC rolling, the Game is Great sofar

Thoradin Follows the Group, content to let Andrazi do the talking

Grand Lodge

Hekirin stands off to the side watching the advisor.


Male Deity

The man before you closes the tome after finishing what he was reading.

“Good day to you, Pathfinders. I am Amenopheus, the Sapphire Sage, advisor to Master Salhar. I understand you were sent here to discuss archaeological permissions. Knowing this was coming, I spoke with Master Salhar at length on the subject and have this to say.

“Since Osirion was reopened to exploration a decade ago, adventurers, historians, and treasure-seekers flock to my country by the hundreds, perhaps thousands. While most families with ancestral burial vaults maintain guards and keep their sites out of the hands of casual thieves, not all families have the wealth or power to restrict everyone, and as we all know, not every defense is perfectly secure. Unscrupulous tomb robbers and maligned merchant organizations cause
Osirion to bleed relics into the Inner Sea—something the descendents of Ancient Osirion cannot afford. We Osiriani have thousands of years of rich history coursing through our veins, and while that power has been out of focus in recent years, we are content to wait, knowing our enemies will wear themselves down. As they fall into arrogance, folly, or greed, we wait for our return to power, knowing we bear the riches of our ancestors at our feet.

“Master Salhar remains impressed by the Pathfinder Society, orating in their favor a handful of times in front of Absalom’s Grand Council, in fact. Due to previous relationships between him and the Society, Master Salhar has agreed to grant permission to the Pathfinder Society to explore his family’s vaults below Sothis. The only thing he requires is that you retrieve the map of the vaults from his own vault here. The servant will lead you to the basement and show you the room.”

The Sapphire Sage’s eyes twinkle as he smirks knowingly, then he turns back to reading his book as though he had never been disturbed.


Male Deity

Hey folks, I'm glad to hear you're all enjoying things so far. For those of you that may not have noticed yet, Paizo has given some additional functionality to PbP campaigns on their messageboards. I've decided to take advantage of that fact and set this up as an "official" messageboard campaign. This also means I've bothered to set up an OOC discussion thread for us. You should be able to get to the campaign page from a new tab on your character profiles, or via THIS LINK.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Sweet

"I knew it wasn't going to be that easy. Lead the way." Andrazi says while looking at the servant.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

The Shoanti youth's eye light up a bit at the mention of exploring a vault here in Absalom. As the group is escorted Tanrov leans in and whispers to Andrazi, "So big guy, do you think this vault is just a locked up room or like a full dungeon?"

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"I'm hoping it's just a room. But with my luck today, it'll be a whole labyrinth, complete with a minotaur roaming around." Andrazi responds with a sigh.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov's eye light up further, "A minotaur? Do you think we would have to fight it?, the young barbarian asks hopefully.

Grand Lodge

Hekirin shrugs his shoulders and looks at Tanrov, "Put horns on you, maybe it think it looking in mirror. We get away while it confused."

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Andrazi chuckles at Hekirin's comment. "Sounds like a plan to me." He muses.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Hekirin's humor is lost on the big youth, "Do you think that would work Ghost?". He pauses a moment looking down at his own powerful form, "Do I look anything like one of the bullmen".

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Fighter 1

"I have no doubt we will find something for you to swing that giant thing at, Tanrov. Let us get to it."

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Cheer up kid. You're bigger than any minotaur I've ever seen." he says to Tanrov.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov, still puzzled by the ninja's humor, quickly forgets the jest with Srina and Andrazi's words.

"Okay 'Rina", Tanrov says with grin. "I won't disappoint you. I know all about swinging this thing", Tanrov says indicating his hammer.

"You really think so Andrazi? You've seen a minotaur before!?", the barbarian youth asks in excited disbelief. "My brothers would be very jealous if they heard I wrestled with one on my first Pathfinder mission".

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Uh, sure I have kid. And you're bigger and badder than any of them." He says to the giant Shoanti.

Tanrov:

Andrazi's Bluff
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov beams with pride at the Varisian's praise. He follows along happily, standing straighter than earlier.

I really do hope there's a minotaur in there...


Male Deity

Once again, without giving you a second look, the servant starts off down the hall. He leads you back through the spacious estate, eventually taking you down study stone steps into the cool basement. Down a hallway, after a couple turns, the party ends up at a plain wooden door. The servant opens the door, gesturing to the room with a bow, and waits silently for you to enter.

Silver Crusade

"well.. at' least them folk get to the point, lets get on with it"


Male Deity

A plain stone room contains three chests: a copper-banded chest of smooth, dark wood; a red lacquered chest; and what looks to be a cube of solid steel. Behind the chests sits a low table holding a clear glass jar half full of liquid and a covered wicker basket.

Once you have all entered the room, the servant shuts the door and you hear the sound of him locking it behind you. Written on the back of the door is the message: “Within these cases lies your quest and your way out.”

Grand Lodge

Hekirin mutters some obscenities under his breath and walks over to the copper-banded chest, insepecting it for traps.

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

"Please look around but not touch any thing. May be traped!"

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov immediately becomes crestfallen when he sees the room does not, in fact, contain a minotaur.

When the servant locks the party in the room the burly youth's mood brightens again, "So this is some kind of test?"

Following Ghost's instructions, Tanrov examines the room's contents carefully without touching anything.

Copper-banded Chest
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Red Lacquered Chest
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Cube of Solid Steel
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Table with Glass of Liquid
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Covered Wicker Basket
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

"What do we do?"

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"I knew it wasn't going to be easy. I'm guessing we have to open the cases and figure it out from there."


Male Deity

The wicker basket is about two feet round and appears to need no key to open.

The gallon-sized clear glass jar is about half full with a clear liquid. At the bottom of the vessel sits a jeweled brass key.

The copper-banded chest is relatively unremarkable. A simple keyhole is built into the front of it.

The smooth, red lacquered chest looks devious. The solid metal plate surrounding the gaping keyhole pulses with glowing amber runes.

The steel cube has only the faintest crack where its lid meets the base, and would be completely featureless save for its narrow keyhole. The

Hekirin:
You ordered your fellow Pathfinders not to touch anything. Are you, likewise, investigating the chest without touching it?

Tanrov:
Using strictly your powers of observation, you fail to note anything remarkable or unusual about any of the items in the room.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

"Well I don't see any traps", Tanrov says. "But I was never very good at that".

"This might be some kind of acid!", the towering youth says pointing at the glass full of clear liquid.

Quickly retrieving a dagger from his hip Tanrov dips the tip into the liquid.

Grand Lodge

Hekirin looks over his shoulder at Tanrov. "Or poison! No touchy touchy!"

DM_the Loreweaver:
I am using gloves incase of contact poison, but will look at the box first then use my tools etc. to search for traps then check the locks.

Silver Crusade

Saying a Small Prayer to Torag, Thoradin holds his Holy Symbol over his head as a small burst of light expels form it

Casing Detect magic takeing my Time to examine each chest Visually for 15 seconds, going from left to right

Torag!, Bring to light any magical aura's that be hidden'!

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Fighter 1

"I See no point to these riddles. I will look for a way out."

Perception on walls, floor, ceiling: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male Deity

Testing his theory, Tanrov suspends the tip of his dagger in the clear liquid. After a moment, there appears to be no reaction from either the liquid or the blade.

Srina begins searching the floor and perimeter of the room as Thoradin offers a prayer to his deity.

Hekirin:
Give me a Will save, please.

Thoradin:
The entire copper-banded chest, as well as the clasp of the steel chest, and the runes about the lock of the red lacquered chest, all radiate faintly of magic.

Srina:
The only apparent way out is the door through which you entered. The ceiling is 15 feet high, so only a visual inspection is possible.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov stares at the dagger and the liquid in confusion, "I was certain this would be acid", the burly youth says in disbelief.

"Is it alright if I try to fish the key out?", the towering Shoanti says pointing down into the clear liquid.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"I don't see why not. Just be careful kid." Andrazi replies warily.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov nods, "You got it big guy".

Using the dagger, Tanrov tries to hook the key and pull it out of the liquid.

Dex Check?
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Deity

The hulking young fishes for the jeweled key, pressing it against the side of the jar with the point of his dagger. With surprising finesse for a man his size, Tanrov manages to work the key up the inside of the glass jar far enough to remove it from the liquid. Unfortunately, the curve of glass, the opening of jar's mouth, and the size of his dagger conspire to make it virtually impossible to fully extract the key from its container in this method.

Grand Lodge

Will Sv:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Once the key is out of the liquid is it possible to reach in with his other hand and grab it?


Male Deity

Hekirin:
As you begin to examine the copper-banded chest, you realize that fingers pass slightly through the exterior wall. Scrutinizing closer, the image of the container fades into a faint outline as you come to the realization that it's an illusion!

Tanrov, with the dagger wedged through the mouth of the jar in order to hold the key above the liquid, there just isn't enough room to get your other hand into it.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov growls in frustration as he struggles to fit his hand into the jar alongside his dagger-wielding hand.

How big is the jar and how much liquid is in it? Would it be possible to pick up the jar and tilt it so that Tanrov can withdraw the dagger without the key sliding back down?

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

" C'mon kid. You're over thinking this. Just stick your hand in and pick up the key."


Male Deity

I'm picturing something akin to a one-gallon pickle jar, without the lid. It's half full of liquid. You can absolutely tilt the jar. However, you'll probably end up spilling some of the liquid tilting it that far.

201 to 250 of 972 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM_the_Loreweaver's First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.