Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM_the_Loreweaver's First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master the loreweaver

A Pathfinder Society game consisting of the three new First Steps scenarios.


701 to 750 of 972 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 2

One last Spell to cast, then its CLOBBERING TIME

Thoradin Calls out ont list time to Bless his hammer, Guiding his hammer, and strike true!

Casts Magic Weapon, then move to C4

Buff summary
bless +1 atk/+1saves vs fear
Sheild of Faith =2ac
magic Weapon +1atk/+1dmg

Ac18
+4 1d8+3

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Round 5

Andrazi will continue to strike at the last kobold, while taking care to not let his guard down.

Combat Expertise
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Grand Lodge

Hekirin takes a 5' step and stikees at the back of the kobold.
1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Deity

Round Five
Andrazi continues to exchange blows with the final kobold, his starknife manages to strike true, dropping the creature to one knee as pulls his blade from it's chest. With a desperate lunge, the reptilian foe thrusts his spear upwards at the taller man.

Kobold 1
Attack (@Andrazi): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Damage (@Andrazi): 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Unfortunately, the near fatal blow has weakened it significantly and the strike is easily knocked aside. So intent on the Varisian, the kobold is paying no mind to Hekirin, who steps up behind him and finishes it with a single slash to the back of its neck. Finally, Thoradin concludes his long-winded prayer to Torag and looks to the battle at hand. His expression begins to hint at the determination to deliver divine wrath as the dwarf steels himself for combat.

Taking advantage of the ninja's momentary distraction, the dark-skinned wizard steps back yet again. (Move to A7.) As the spidery words of arcana cross his lips one more time, his hand seems to develop a thin coating of ice.

The Voice
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3 cold

A beam of frost shoots at Hekirin from the frozen hand. The ninja grimaces as the icy bite of winter strikes him in the side.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Round 6

"Alright, you hurt my friends. Now I'm gonna hurt you." The Varisian says as he shakes the blood off his starknife. He walks over to B7 and takes a slice at the wizard.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Grand Lodge

Hekirin will fall backtowards the cleric and throw another shurikin.
Attack :1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 2

Thoradin Charges where he heard the Voice last, Calling out a Battle Cry for Torag as he moves

"May the Father of Creation send ya back ta whatever Hell ye come from!

atk+charge
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

dmg
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

-2ac till next round


Male Deity

Round Six
With a calm anger, Andrazi approaches the wizard and slashes at him, ignoring Hekirin's projectile as it sails harmlessly by. The starknife creates a crimson streak across the being's chest. No sooner has the blade been withdrawn than Thoradin come barreling into the fight. His glowing hammer crushes his opponent's thigh.

Shocked and overwhelmed by the blitz, the dark-skinned figure carefully withdraws further into the alcove and climbs atop the lip of the well hidden behind the statue. Full withdraw to A10.

He spits a single word at the party, "Fire." On command, the statue around which the melee had gathered erupts with flame.

Reflex save (Andrazi): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 fire

As the trap scorches the area immediately before it, Andrazi quickly moves in closer to the statue. Although slightly charred, he manages to avoid the worst of the heat. Half damage.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Round 7

The young varisian doesn't let the slight charring deter him as he moves towards the wizard. He goes for another slice with his starknife.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Grand Lodge

The ninja throws another shurikin.
Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 2

Not willing to allot his Quarry to rest, Thoradin Presses his Attack

Moving to A9

atk
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

dmg
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Deity

Round Six
Andrazi chases the wizard to the well and attacks again. With a deft swipe of his starknife, the Varisian sets a deep cut across his opponent. Hekirin follows up with a shurikin that catches the spellcaster square in the chest. He slumps over, about to fall into the well when Andrazi quickly reaches out to pull the body backwards, allowing it to land unceremoniously at his feet.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"About time." Andrazi says as he puts away his starknife. He walks back towards his allies to check on them. "Are you guys alright?"

Grand Lodge

The smell of burnt hair and roasted meat comes from the ninja as he stumbles forward towards the caster. "I have been better."

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov wakens with a bass groan and climbs to his feet.

"Is it over?", the barbarian youth asks.

Seeing the dead wizard, his broad shoulders slump, "Sorry I'm so weak guys."

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Yea, it's over. Don't worry about it. It wasn't your fault, it happens to the best of us. You'll get 'em next time. Trust me. And weak is not a word I'd use to describe ya, buddy."


F Elf (Forlorn) Ranger 1 (Skirmisher)

"Ough," Nara groans as she comes to, drawing herself up onto her knees. Immediately she searches about for her Elemental, hoping he wasn't destroyed in the fray.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Andrazi walks towards Nara and offers a hand to help her up. "You okay, Nara?"


F Elf (Forlorn) Ranger 1 (Skirmisher)

Nara takes the help gladly, while patting herself down. "I think so." Then her gaze settles on the others, and she registers the scent of burning hanging in the air. "By the gods, what happened?"


Male Deity

As the party regroups and regains it consciousness, everyone takes a moment to look around. Despite the wounds endured, it's apparent your foes suffered worse. Nara's earth elemental rolls around on the floor for a moment, reminding everyone of a turtle stuck on its back, before righting itself and casually hobbling over to the elven woman.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Andrazi takes a look around for anything of note in the room, including a search of the dead wizard.

Perception
1d20 ⇒ 11

Grand Lodge

The ninja bends down and attempts to recover his throwing stars from the body.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov cheers up at Andrazi's words and picks up his hammer.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 2

After Pray to Torag, everyone's Wounds close a bit

my last Channel Positive energy

1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Deity

Andrazi begins to poke about the room. Similar to the rest of the keep, the most interesting items are found on the recently dead: small spears, slings, and leather armor still clung to by the fallen kobolds. As Hekirin retrieves his projectiles from the dark-skinned corpse, he notices a couple of items concealed on the body. The first is a finely crafted jade katana. Rifling through the possessions, the ninja uncovers a heaping handful of gold coins, a pouch of seemingly strange and bizarre oddities, and an oily leather-bound book. Flipping through the first few pages quickly reveals mostly unintelligible scribbles and notes about magic theories, as well as a selection of what one can only conclude are arcane spells.

Grand Lodge

Hekirin takes the jade katana and slips it into his belt."I found things on body. Someone take a look . I lie down now."
The ninja then lays down to rest while the others look around.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Andrazi picks up the rest of the items and stows them away. He shakes his head at the scribbles. "Everyone ready?" When the party has given the go ahead, he will lead them out of the room to leave the keep.


F Elf (Forlorn) Ranger 1 (Skirmisher)

Without interest in what loot lies on the body, Nara crouches down and wraps her linen scarf around the neck of the elemental- or what could be construed as it's neck, anyway. "Are we to just leave Hikirin here, then?" she asks, tilting her head at the resting ninja.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

"Is he okay? Did he get blasted in the face with the colors too?" the hulking youth asks with a bit of shame.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Guess not. You gonna be okay? He got hit a few times, but nothing serious as far as I can tell."

Grand Lodge

Hekirin rolls over and gets to his feet. " I am better. Where to?"

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"We got what we came for right? Time to leave." With that, he will lead them out of the keep.


Male Deity

With the jade katana securely in the party's hands, Andrazi retraces his steps back through the dismal keep. The gloomy rooms and passages are just as eerie the second time around, although generally much less populated than before. Nara's pet elemental waddles along, content to follow her through the labyrinth of stone and darkness.

If everyone is set, I'll write up a bit more of a conclusion and transition things into part three this weekend. There's talk of sending me out of state for work next week, so Chronicle sheets may be delayed a bit.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

I'm set.


F Elf (Forlorn) Ranger 1 (Skirmisher)

I am content to have a pet elemental for the rest of my (character's) life. Have a good trip if you wind up going, LW.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov is ready to return to the grand lodge and mope. Enjoy your trip!


Male Deity

The trip back to the city of Absalom is blissfully uneventful. Somewhere along the way, Nara's elemental servitor sinks effortless into the dirt, disappearing with little more than the sound of falling pebbles. Passing under the city arches, you recall that both Amara Li and Trade Prince Aaqir al'Hakam are awaiting your return.

Okay, I lied. There's a hair more to wrap up here. Amara Li is awaiting the jade katana, while Aaqir al'Hakam is expecting the trade agreements. Where do you you want to head first?

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Let's get the sword back to Amara."

Grand Lodge

Hai.


Male Deity

You are swiftly ushered into Amara Li's office. She is ecstatic as you present her with the jade katana. Carefully inspecting it she smiles with a victory as she twists the end of the handle, revealing a hidden compartment. She begins to shower you all with praise as a yellowed roll of parchment falls into her hand. "You have done me a huge favor, Pathfinders, and I am in your debt. You will always be welcomed here, in my Lantern Lodge."

Trade Prince Aaqir al'Hakam is more subdued in his gratitude, but gracious nonetheless. He inquires about the jade katana and seems almost disappointed to hear that you've already turned it over to Arama Li. However, he does not speak of it further as he thanks you for your service once again. "Should any of you seek further dealings that would certainly be mutually profitable, please return to me when we may speak on such matters in greater length."

In the days that follow, each of you receives a hand-written missive bearing a familiar eagle crest: “I know it was difficult. The undead sometimes cling to life, but they always turn to evil. This was a hard lesson that I felt you had to learn, to better serve the common good. As Pathfinders, we should always serve the common good and always fight for freedom.” The signature at the bottom is from Major Maldris.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Thanks for the job, Miss Li. See ya later."

Andrazi receives the note from the Major while having a drink with his buddy Tanrov. The young Shoanti seemed to be down, so he figured he could use a drink and some encouragement. The Varisian reads a few lines, sees that its from Colson and balls it up to throw it away.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov nurses his drink in silence until Andrazi tosses the missive away.

"Who was that from?"

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Nobody important. So like I was sayin, I was liberating some gems for uh.. schoolchildren when the old security guard snuck up on me. That old bastard was quick and knocked me clean out with his sap. Oh man, when I woke up, you should have seen the look on my pop's face. I swear he was gonna shiv me.." Andrazi responds as he continues telling a story.


F Elf (Forlorn) Ranger 1 (Skirmisher)

Aw that's right, he only lasts 24 hours. I am so sad.

The missive is as good as meaningless to her- she doesn't care. Nara turns a single pebble over and over in her hand. Her scarf is still dusty. It seems Tanrov isn't the only one moping.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov puts a burly arm around the elf's narrow shoulders.

"Sorry about your rock-friend."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 2

From the Earth, to the Earth lad.. Her rocky friend is back home. and who knows, maybe she will see him agian.


Male Deity

You've had ample time to relax, unwind, and see to whatever personal matters that might have needed tending. The wanderlust and thrill of adventure that is so common among Pathfinders is beginning to taunt you once more. Only a few days after your latest exploits within the Asad's ruined keep, do each of you find yourselves once again summoned to the Grand Lodge of Absalom.

In the heart of the Pathfinder Society’s headquarters, Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng, a wiry old man with a wild gray beard and glinting eyes, sits on a large plush bench next to a finely dressed, full-figured woman who looks as though this entire meeting isn’t worth her time. Dreng warmly greets each of you before introducing the woman, Lady Gloriana Morilla; the Taldan woman tilts her head slightly in acknowledgement of the introduction, but otherwise makes no move to greet anyone. Oblivious to any social slight on the lady’s part, Dreng goes on to explain the mission.

“Recently, a contact from the Low Azlanti embassy in Escadar approached us with an offer. It seems they have discovered a unique relic of Azlanti origin on the Inner Sea’s floor that we have a unique opportunity to add to our collection for study. In return, however, we must deliver one of our cataloged items to Escadar in exchange. The Low Azlanti drive a hard bargain, so we need you to escort a relics broker to Escadar so he can authenticate the Azlanti item and mediate a fair dealon the Ten’s behalf.

"The matter is not so straight forward as that, of course. We are not the only ones looking to acquire this relic. It seems the Aspis Consortium has also tendered an offer, and the gillmen have decided to accept the Consortium's deal if the Society cannot finalize its agreement within 30 days. And to ensure our agents cannot simply sail to Escadar unmolested, an Aspis-funded warship is partoling the waters just beyond Absalom's harbor."

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"So we gotta get this relic to Escadar while dodging the Aspis and do it in 30 days? Sounds like fun. What's the plan and do we have a map?"

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov leans in and whispers to Andrazi, "Are the Aspis the greedy treasure-hunters or the rogue Pathfinders?"

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"The first one." Andrazi whispers back.

701 to 750 of 972 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM_the_Loreweaver's First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.