Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM_the_Loreweaver's First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master the loreweaver

A Pathfinder Society game consisting of the three new First Steps scenarios.


601 to 650 of 972 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

F Elf (Forlorn) Ranger 1 (Skirmisher)

From the ground, Nara flinches as she sees the blinding white light cut from the doorway of the adjacent space. She is finally able to get up onto her feet, and once steady, she nocks an arrow in her bow and points it at the doorway, squinting all the while.

Balls, I completely forgot my initiative modifier- so that 16 is actually a 22. If that matters at all going forward. =x

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov rushes into the room trying his best to focus on his target and ignore the blinding light.

Fortitude Save - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

The barbarian youth looses a fearsome shout before bringing his giant hammer down on the strange glowing creature.

Rage 5/12

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 1) + 9 = 12

Silver Crusade

Fort Save
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Thoradin Moves into the room to aid his Allies, Blinking against the bright light, He calls out to Torag to Protect the group

"It'll take more than' a little light to stop us, Ugly Beastie! Torag! Shield those who do your good work!"

Deflection Aura, +2 deflection /+2 CMD for 1 round

Crunch:
(Su): Once each day, you can emit a 20-foot aura for a number of rounds equal to your cleric level. Allies within the aura gain a +2 deflection bonus to AC and combat maneuver defense.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 10/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Andrazi takes the flank with Tanrov and tries to cut the creature again.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Deity

Round Two
With the creature in the corner as it is, there's no place to gain a flank against it.

Andrazi steps around the creature, anticipating the young Tanrov's arrival. With a daring sweep of his starknife the Varisian attempts to make the creature bleed further, but it ducks the attack at the last moment.

To keep things moving I'll proxy Nara's action this round.

The elven woman takes a deep breath and steps fully into the doorway, her bow pointed in the direction of the melee.

Fortitude (Nara): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The light from the odd creature's eyes is absolutely blinding in the dark recesses of the dungeon. Ignoring the stabbing pain to her eyes, Nara attempts to remember the scene before her and lets an arrow fly none the less.

Attack (Nara): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Damage (Nara): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Fighting down the sudden surge of panic from loosing his own sight, Hekirin slashes madly at the air in front of him in hopes of maintaining his usefulness. Unfortunately, the clumsy attack is easily avoided.

Fueled by it previous success, the creature continues to focus its aggression on Andrazi.

Attack (bite): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage (bite): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Attack (claw): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage (claw): 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Attack (claw): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage (claw): 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

This time, it's large toothy maw closes down on the Varisian's forearm, but he pulls away in time to avoid it's rending claws.

Blinking against the radiating illumination, Thoradin moves into the room and blesses his companions with the protection of his deity. Energetically, Tanrov rushes for the opening provided by Andrazi and proceeds to pummel the frog-man with vigor. Its bones crunch and vital fluids begin to leak from its mouth, but the beast continues to fight on.

Silver Crusade

Thoradin Rushes forward and Takes a Swing At the Creaature Hoping to Finish it off Quickly

atk
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
dmg
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Rolling to confrim crit
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

extra dmg
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Deity

Okay, to keep things moving along at this point.

Round Three
Attack (Andrazi): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage (Andrazi): 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Hoping to keep the frog-man at arm's length, Andrazi makes a series of wide slashes with his starknife. Unfortunately, the attacks are relatively clumsy and easily avoided.

Attack (Hekirin): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Miss chance (Hekirin): 1d100 ⇒ 69%
Damage (Hekirin): 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Hekirin makes a similar series of frantic swipes with his own weapon, hoping to get a lucky strike. His efforts are rewarded with a angry croak as he feels a familiar resistance against his blade.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov grunts as he brings his maul around for another crushing blow.

Rage 6/12
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 6) + 9 = 17


F Elf (Forlorn) Ranger 1 (Skirmisher)

Having failed utterly to make an arrow aim true, she gives up. Throwing down her bow, Nara draws her sword and dashes forward, slipping between the meatier men and right into the clash of blinding light.

Blindness miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 60
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

AUGH. Attack rolls are OVER.


Male Deity

Round Three (concluded)
Using the sounds of battle to guide her, Nara does her best to approach the melee, her blade at the ready. Unfortunately, without her vision, any attempts at an offense fail miserably.

Attack (bite): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage (bite): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Attack (claw): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage (claw): 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Attack (claw): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage (claw): 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The frog-man, determined to bring the Varisian bully down, lunges at Andrazi again despite its own mortal wounds. There's a flurry of teeth and claws and audible gasp from the party as its teeth puncture his shoulder. Andrazi's eyes roll to the back of his head as the beast drags its unconscious prey to the floor.

With the fury of Torag himself, Thoradin brings his weapon down on the frog-man. There's a cracking sound as its skull splinters inside it's leathery head. Nearly simultaneously, Tanrov's maul shatter's the beast's spine, bending it backwards at an unnatural angle.

The immediate threat of the frog-man has passed, so we can drop from initiative order, but Andrazi is bleeding out on the floor.

Silver Crusade

Thoradin Raises his hammer in the air, calling out to Torag, to Stop Andrazi's Bleeding, once hes Is Satisfied that the bleeding has stopped, He Stikes the Beastie on the head again, to make sure it is properly dead. Then, Calling back out to Torag, Channels the Protector's Power to heall everyones wounds.

Stablize, then making sure the beastie is not going to get back up, Channel Positive Energy, 1/7 Left

1d6 ⇒ 3
1d6 ⇒ 1
1d6 ⇒ 1
1d6 ⇒ 5

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 10/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Andrazi wakes up holding his shoulder and looking down at his forearm. "That was unpleasant." He stands up very slowly, but looks a bit unstable on his feet as if he could fall unconscious again at any moment.

0/12 hp if i'm seeing it right.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov nails the creature a few more times to make sure it's good and dead and then rubs his bloodshot eyes.

"That thing was mean", he says with a wheeze as he begins to come down from his rage. "You alright big guy?"


Male Deity

Andrazi:

By my calculations, you're at 10 hit points. The creature hit you for a total of 4 points of damage each of the three rounds, so you would have been staggered at the conclusion of the combat. Knocking you unconscious was my mistake, although it was a more dramatic conclusion :)

Grand Lodge

Hai, what was that ?


F Elf (Forlorn) Ranger 1 (Skirmisher)

With her little fists balled up, Nara scrubs at her bleached-out eyes. "By all the gods, Andrazi!" She snipes. "As if this place wasn't bad enough without you opening doors left and right."

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 10/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

DM Loreweaver:

Well to be fair, when I posted, Thoradin had only channeled twice. I didn't notice that he changed his post.

"Well doors are meant to be opened. How else are we gonna find anything? And yea, I'm fine now. Thanks Thor." Andrazi looks around for the next door to open.

Silver Crusade

Aye, I started w/ 2, but wanted to see how much it healed, So i added 2 more. Everyone in 30 feet should get back 10 HP.

What did I tell ye about things down here with teeth! I hope yer fer being alright, Andrazi? Might leave some nice scars.. but i'm thinkin' ye'll live. Which way next lads?

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 10/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Yea, I'll live."

Can we get an updated map?


Male Deity

Here you go: Asad's Keep

Despite the demise of the frog-like creature, Nara and Hekirin continue to stumble about as their vision refuses to return.

As the rest of you look about, you see to the south of the scribing chamber in which you now stand is a second room with three rounded alcoves. Each contains rotting scroll shelves, honeycombing from floor to ceiling. Scattered amid the compromised shelving are damaged scrolls, and a number of still-sealed scroll tubes. A glimmering trickle of water seeps down from the ceiling in the northwest corner of the room.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 10/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Andrazi takes a look around the room with the alcoves. He starts rifling through the scroll tubes. "You two gonna be okay?" He asks as Nara and Hekirin stumble around. Afterwards he will lead the group out of the room and will open the door on the left.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov offers to help the disabled party members move around as Andrazi leads the group deeper into the complex.

"Anyone know what that creature was?"


Male Deity

It's a Knowledge (arcana) check to attempt to identify the creature.

Rifling through the shelves, Andrazi finds handful after handful of molding paper. Most of those that are salvageable appear to be official-looking documents, although the Kelish script is beyond his understanding.

Grand Lodge

Hekirin fumbles around trying to follow the others, "I do not know, can not see.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 10/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Andrazi will pocket the documents for the time being and move on to the next door. "No idea, but I do know is that it won't be bothering us anymore. Let's keep moving."


F Elf (Forlorn) Ranger 1 (Skirmisher)

Nara flails angrily in the direction of Andrazi's voice. "No! No way. I'm not walking into any more of your traps until... ...Ugh!" She falls to her knees and gropes around on the floor until she finds her bow again and secures it to her person. Realizing Tanrov is attempting to sheepdog her, she attemps a faint smile, but still appears rather annoyed.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov offers a strong arm to the sightless elf but the hint of worry is clear in his youth's bass voice.

"Thor, do you have any magic to help them?"

Silver Crusade

"Nay lads, that is beyond my power, Old some of the elders in my clan could cure blindness.. Maybe it'll wear off after a rest?, Think we could secure this area for a bit?"


F Elf (Forlorn) Ranger 1 (Skirmisher)

Leaning on Tanrov's arm, Nara appears disappointed and somewhat distressed at Thoradin's reply. "Could we?" She asks, with a bit less vitriol than before.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 10/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"We really should keep moving, but alright. If you're not busy Tan, let's see if we can barricade the doors for a while." Andrazi responds while looking for something to make the current room fortified.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

"Sure thing big guy."

Tanrov guides Nara to a wall and leads her hand to it so that the elf has something to give her some bearing and then works with Andrazi to secure the room.


Male Deity

Using the writing desks and other dilapidated pieces of furniture that have survived the ravages of time, Tanrov and Andrazi set to work crudely barricading the doors that provide access to the repository. Time passes slowly in the eerie silence of the abandoned keep as everyone waits patiently to see if the blindness affecting Nara and Hekirin will wear off.


Male Deity

After about an hour, the bright white light that fills Nara's and Hekirin's vision begins to fade. Soon enough the darkness of Asad's keep returns to them, partially illuminated by the party's simple light sources. During the wait, the silence of the dungeon seems to amplify even the smallest of noises. For those keeping guard over the doors, it becomes difficult to tell if creatures are lurking about outside or their paranoia is getting the better of their imaginations.

Silver Crusade

"How ye Doing lads and lassie? Can yea See yets?"

Grand Lodge

Hekirin stands up and looks around at the others "I see now. Let us continue."


F Elf (Forlorn) Ranger 1 (Skirmisher)

"Yes. Yes, I'm fine. I think." Nara blinks big. "Thank all the Gods. Lead on, Andrazi, you know you want to. Try not to kill us again."

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 10/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Well glad you two are feeling better, but we should keep moving. If you'd like, you can lead. And you were in no danger, sister. It was too busy tearin' me a new one."


Male Deity

Andrazi leads the party back across the hall. The door on the opposite side refuses to grant entrance at first, but a powerful thrust from Tanrov's shoulder quickly remedies the situation. Within, rubbish and black mold choke the far end of the chamber. The slightest movement kicks up dust and spores, choking the stagnant and already foul-smelling air. Scattered across the floor are the corpses of three large beetles.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 10/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Andrazi will search around the room for anything of worth.

1d20 ⇒ 3

However, he seems to find nothing. "You guys wanna help?"

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov grins big when his allies recover, "Is everything alright now Nara? How about you Ghost?"

At Andrazi's request the big youth eagerly helps search.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

I am fine.
The ninja moves through the room looking for anything valuable.

Take 10 = 14


Male Deity

Searching through the debris, Hekirin reveals a bundle of parchments, all written in Kelish. Although the script is illegible to him, the formatting suggests official documentation.

Kelish:
All four of the papers are trade agreements. One of the agreements is between one Taliq Asad, the self-styled Satrap of Kortos, and a band of pirates that roamed the Inner Sea centuries ago. The other three are between Asad and a trio of Katapeshi merchants, surely all long dead.


F Elf (Forlorn) Ranger 1 (Skirmisher)

Nara circles the beetles with her lip curled, pokes one with the toe of her boot. She glances over at the documents, however. "What did you find? Anything good?"

Grand Lodge

"I think it Kelish documents. No idea what it says.

Silver Crusade

"Lets not read em' outloud this time, lass.. haha"


F Elf (Forlorn) Ranger 1 (Skirmisher)

"Haaaa, yeah." Nara looks uneasy. "Sorry."

Silver Crusade

I was only kiddin', cheer up! *Smile*

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

"So, uh, which way now?", Tanrov asks while looking around.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 10/52; AC:24, T:13, FF:22; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Well if no one has any objections. We go through the next door and see whats in there." Andrazi responds. When everyone is ready, he will move to the door on the left side of the room and open it.


Male Deity

I'm not clear on where you're intending to head, Andrazi, so here's an updated map. Character locations are arbitrarily put into the room you're currently in (with the Kelish documents and three dead beetles). I also added room numbers for better clarification.

Asad's Keep (4)

601 to 650 of 972 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM_the_Loreweaver's First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.