Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM_the_Loreweaver's First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master the loreweaver

A Pathfinder Society game consisting of the three new First Steps scenarios.


1 to 50 of 972 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Deity

Fresh off your induction into the Society and the completion of your basic training within the organization, you find yourselves in the office of Ambrus Valsin, the venture-captain in charge of daily operations in and around the Grand Lodge. The efficient and straightforward chamberlain greets you curtly and motions for you to sit.

“All right, Pathfinders! Listen up. I know you are new recruits eager to make names for yourselves in the organization, but first we need to make sure you are up to snuff and won’t get yourself killed out there. I have a number of small assignments for you and your team, and it would be best if you could finish them before the day’s end.

“Every day we get some doe-eyed hopeful or some sniveling bootlicker willing to do anything to join up with the Pathfinders. Most of them are good kids, but not all of them have the salt to make it in a world like this. It’s rough out there and I’m not just talking about the ruins, tombs, and wilderness Pathfinders find themselves in on missions. We’ve got people who look down their noses at us, folks who think we squander our resources, and agents who want to take everything we have collected. This wealth of knowledge and these items of lore make us the most powerful organization on the planet. That said, since we are fractured and widespread, it’s difficult for that power to light on anything for too long. For every friend of the Society, there are two enemies."

He slides an envelope across his desk to you.

“Your first mission, to test your mettle and loyalties, sends you to meet a few people important to the Society living here in Absalom. These are other venture-captains or close allies of our organization, so follow their orders as you would mine. I’ve prepared a list of things I want you to do. They’re not arranged in any particular order of importance, but I want them all completed as quickly as possible. Only report to me once you complete them all. Included in the envelope is the list, complete with the name of your contact, and directions to the meeting location.”

Venture-captain Vaslin leans back in his chair, studying each of you in turn as he waits for your reactions.

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Fighter 1

Srina looks at the venture-captain with her face unchanging. Her scowl has not changed since entering the room.

"If that is what you require... sir, then it shall be done." Her voice is quiet, but deadly serious. She seems to searching for the proper tone of respect, although it is evident she is sure these tasks might not test her mettle enough.

Grand Lodge

Hekirin bows his head quickly to the venture-captain. "Hai. It will be done sir."

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov picks up the offered envelope. He examines it briefly before opening it.

"We will not disappoint you, Venture Captain", the young Shoanti says as he looks inside.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Andrazi looks at the venture-captain with confidence. "Don't worry bout it, boss. We got this."


Male Deity

The envelope in question is quite unremarkable. A wax seal bearing the crest of the Pathfinders is easily broken in order to retrieve its contents.

Envelope:
Assignment #17
- A man named Guaril Karela runs a curio shop in the Docks called the Pickled Imp. Go to him and fill his request as a favor to the Society. I believe it has something to do with a set of rare books.

-Ollysta Zadrian requestes aid and is expecting you the Temple of the Shining Star in the Ascendant Court. She needs someone to deliver a parcel of medicine and curatives to a needy orphanage and verify the character of the recipient.

- Visit the offices of Osirian nobleman Dremdhet Salhar in the Wise Quarter. The Patherfinder Society needs to obtain permission to delve the Salhar ancestal vaults beneath Sothis. He has made a verbal agreement, and your visit makes it official. You will receive an official charter and detailed maps. Do not embarrass the Society in this matter.

-Chelish Paracountess Zarta Dralneen possesses an item located from the Vaults. Meet with her in her estate in the Ivy District and retrieve the item in her possession.

I'll see what I can do about providing a map of the city this evening in order to help plan your route.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"I say we go talk to this Karela first. Anyone got a problem with that?" He says looking around to the group when he gets a chance to look at the document.

Silver Crusade

In a gruff, somewhat Gravely Voice, Thoradin speaks after looking over the Mission.
"Aye Sir, We'll git' it Done"

"Which one do we wanna' pay a Visit first, lades?"

He says after Turning to his Companions

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Fighter 1

"I will follow where you all wish. My bow is always ready."

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10
Thoradin wrote:
"Which one do we wanna' pay a Visit first, lades?"

"Andrazi wants to see to Karela's task first. I see no reason why not", Tanrov says.

Srina wrote:
"I will follow where you all wish. My bow is always ready."

"Hopefully bows won't be needed to collect some old books", the young warrior replies with a playful grin.

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Fighter 1

"You would be surprised," her mouth twitches towards a smile, but the scowl returns immediately.

Grand Lodge

"It matters not it seems. One shall be as good as the others.
Hekirin Stands, adjusting his tunic then bows deeply to Ambrus.

Grand Lodge

Standing a bit apart from the group Pavo leans agains a wall, folded arms and one foot resting against the wall as he chews on a wooden stick. Listening to venture-captain Valsin without comment he siddles up to Tanrov as he breaks the seal on their orders. "Can I see that?" he asks over his shoulder and plucks the letter out of his hands when offered and reads it over.

Mulling it over he nodds in agreement for their first destination. "First two look like deliveries so they should take us into diferent quarters where we might fullfill one of the lower ones in the same run. Sounds good big guy." he says and hands the letter back with a smile. "Lead the way."

Heading out the door he gives a wink and a mock salute to the venture-captain.


Male Deity

Venture-captain Valsin smiles grimly and nods as if approving of his own evaluation of you. With a wave of his hand, he dismisses you while simultaneously turning his attention to other papers on his desk.

Here's a map of the districts of Absalom. The Grand Lodge is located in the Foreign Quarter.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Has everyone checked in?

Tanrov stuffs the envelops contents back inside and hands them off to Thoradin, "Let's get going".

Once the party has its things together Tanrov leads the way to the Pickled Imp.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

I think so.

Andrazi will follow the towering Shoanti out the door."Let's do this."

Grand Lodge

6 players have posted.

"Hai. Lead on."

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Fighter 1

I updated my profile with my backstory if anyone is interested. It's not much. Do we have an OOC thread for this one?


Male Deity

Your group of fledgling Pathfinders leave the trapping of the Grand Lodge behind and begins making your way south towards the Docks. Although still early, the city of Absalom is already bustling with activity as people of every nationality and race begin going about their day. Eventually, the diverse style of immigrant hovels, taverns, and street stalls give way to countless warehouses, fish mongers, and import emporiums. The briny smell of the Inner Sea finally begins to overpower the exotic and/or less appealing odors from the rest of the metropolis.

Perception checks from everyone, please.

Grand Lodge

perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Pavo falls into step with the group as they head out, pulling his cloack around him as they enter the streets. Taking in the sights and smells of the great city he smiles at the diversity of it's populace, knowing thet nowhere on the whole of golarion was a bigger stirring pot of meetin cultures and sociaties.

Silver Crusade

Perception Check1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"A Vast city this be, Very Different tha' me Home Village."

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Fighter 1

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Grand Lodge

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Perception:1d20 ⇒ 16


Male Deity

Pavo:
As you leave the Grand Lodge, you're struck by the sensation of being watched. Glancing about, however, you fail to notice anyone in particular watching you or your associates.

There are all manner of businesses and homes that you pass by, owned by individuals from every walk of life. You have little doubt that one could quickly get themselves lost in such a metropolis. Fortunately, the directions to the Pickled Imp are very clear and quite easy to follow.

Srina & Hekirin:
There are all manner of businesses and homes that you pass by, owned by individuals from every walk of life. You have little doubt that one could quickly get themselves lost in such a metropolis. Fortunately, the directions to the Pickled Imp are very clear and quite easy to follow.

Thoradin:
The metropolis of Absalom is indeed very different than your native village. There are all manner of businesses and homes that you pass by, owned by individuals from every walk of life. You have little doubt that one could quickly get themselves lost in such a grand city. Fortunately, the directions provided to you by Venture-captain Valsin are easy to follow and your associates seem to know where they're going.

Andrazi:
There are all manner of businesses and homes that you pass by, owned by individuals from every walk of life. You have little doubt that one could quickly get themselves lost in such a metropolis. Fortunately, the directions to the Pickled Imp are very clear and quite easy to follow.

Tanrov:
As you leave the Grand Lodge, you're struck by the sensation of being watched. Glancing about, however, you fail to notice anyone in particular watching you or your associates.

There are all manner of businesses and homes that you pass by, owned by individuals from every walk of life. You have little doubt that one could quickly get themselves lost in such a metropolis. Fortunately, the directions to the Pickled Imp are very clear and quite easy to follow.

The creepy shop contains myriad odds and ends, most bereft of any discernible use. A number of malformed creatures and creature parts bob in jars on a long, prominent shelf, a tiny fetal devil centered in this macabre lineup. The shopkeeper, a greasy-haired Varisian with a thin mustache, shouts from behind the cluttered counter:

"Ah yes, I see the Pathfinders have arrived. I'm glad to Ambrus was able to lend a few of his new recruits to help me. Please come in and let me tell you what I need."

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

"You would be Karela?", the Shoanti asks with a slight nod.

"What was it you needed the help of the Society with?", he follows with as he enters the shop.

Once inside the young warrior whispers back to his companions, "Did anyone else feel the questing eyes of another on them a few blocks back?"

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Nope. Didn't notice nothin. So what do you need Karela?"

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Fighter 1

"I did not notice anyone looking at us, but it would not surprise me. I imagine the Lodge will want to know how we accomplish our tasks."


Male Deity

Looking around as if to be absolutely certain no customers are browsing the aisles of knock-off Thuvian burial urns or supposed Azlanti porcelain, he begins:

"Well met. I am Guaril Karela. A friend of mine has a warehouse near here and he received a parcel on behalf of me and some of my associates, but there's a problem. See, Master Gelbane had to leave town in a hurry and our shipment is still waiting at his warehouse. Rumor is he ended up in trouble with the law and the place was seized. I heard tell from someone down at the docks that some creep was snooping around his warehouse just the other night, so I want to make sure nothing of mine was taken. He keeps all kinds of things, from beer to nails, in that old pelican, but every now and then he stores something really special. This is one of those cases.

"There's a big crate marked with three crowns arranged in a triangle. Inside that crate is a smaller container with a few books and papers in it. That's the only parcel I'm interested in, and as far as I'm concerned, you can help yourself to the rest of the crate. Honestly, anything else you want in the place too. I'm sure that once things get sorted out, the city will seize most everything else anyway.

"My associates and I often work with the Pathfinders when it comes to special relics and documents, getting them in and out of ports and across borders where the authorities ask too many questions. Most people don't realize what they have and frankly many don't deserve to have it, so sometimes we help take the goods off their hands. If things work out well and you get this done, I'd be glad to talk to you more and help you out with any future endeavors, as long as you help me out too. I'm good at returning favors, trust me."

Grand Lodge

Karela-san, do you have any information as to security on this warehouse ? "

Grand Lodge

Pavo nods to Tanrov as he mentions feeling like he was beeing wathced. "Yup. Couldn't see anyone though."

All-smiles he follows in after Karela, nodding at her description o ftheir buisness with the pathfinders, seeming no-plused at the notion of less-than-legal meas of aquireing relics.

"Do you have any notion of who might be snooping around the place? Just wondering who we need to look out for."

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Fighter 1

Srina looks at Guaril with total disgust. "are you actually suggesting we steal what we want as payment for this task?" She heads towards the door speaking to the rest of the group, ignoring Gauril at this point. "I will help retrieve this man's crate because it is the task the Lodge gave us, but I will not be a part of robbing the rest of the place." She steps through the door to wait outside.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov frowns a bit as the task is explained. Breaking into a warehouse and robbing it certainly isn't what he had in mind for his first Society affiliated mission. He watches the elf storm out in a huff and considers doing the same but then he remembers what the venture captain told him.

Ambrus Valsin wrote:
“Your first mission, to test your mettle and loyalties, sends you to meet a few people important to the Society living here in Absalom. These are other venture-captains or close allies of our organization, so follow their orders as you would mine".

"We will see it done, Karela", the young Shoanti confirms.

Tanrov looks around to his remaining allies for support as if unsure of himself, "Do you prefer Guaril or Karela?"

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Andrazi smiles when he hears the details of the job."Yea, I'd be glad to do this for you. Do you know anything about the layout of the warehouse? Or where I can get the info on it? I wanna be prepared before I do this heist."

Silver Crusade

" I wars too busy looking at all them' shops to notice any one."

Also uneasy about "helping ourselves" to the crate, Thoradin speaks his mind in the blunt, Dwarven way"

" I'll not be 'elping meself to anything in thar crate. Us Dwarves earn our keep, not gettin' a Five' finger Discount 'ike some Halfing Theif'"


Male Deity

Guaril shrugs with indifference and addresses his remaining audiance, "My interests lie only with my property and I make no offer of payment to any of you. I would presume your compensation is being handled by those whose behalf you're working on. What I mean to say is that should anything happen to the other contents that are suppose to be under Master Gelbane's care, just know that I'll not lose any sleep over it.

"As for your other more relavent concerns, I have little to offer you. All sorts of criminal elements, squaters, and rift-raft may be poking around the unattended pelican and without an interest in the well being of my property. Security should be nearly non-existant. Since being seized, Master Gelbane's staff have similarly abondoned the warehouse and the city guard have many other pressing concerns; too many to stand constant watch over the place. However, I'm confident that you'll manage to overcome any obsticles that you might encounter. You are Pathfinders afterall."

Grand Lodge

Hekirin stans and bows at the waist so his torso is at a 45 degree angle.
"Hai, Karela-san. We will not fail."

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Alright, seems simple enough. We should go and get this done with."No security? This Gelbane must be a chump. Can't get too cocky though, there might be other surprises. Andrazi gives him a nod and heads out.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

"You got it Andrazi", Tanrov agrees. "We've got your back", he adds as he follows the Varisian outside.

Grand Lodge

Pavo shrugs and grins as the elf walks out and looks at the rest of the crew, wondering if anyone else will too. Seeing them stay he just nods at Guaril, "Don't worry, we'll be back befor you know it." and walks off with the others.

Out on the streets again he looks around, wondering if they still have a tail.


Male Deity

It's only a few short blocks to the actual docks of the Dock district. Perched on the end of a long pier fifteen feet above the water, the warehouse appears to struggle against its own roof, threatening to sag into the bay below. No light shines from the building's windows and only the movement of the gulls and pelicans stirs the scene.

The Pier-Outside Map

Anyone feeling particularly paranoid is free to make me Perception checks.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Andrazi looks at the crew, trying to assess their capabilities. "Pavo, can you check the door? I don't want any surprises. If it's also locked, please deal with it. Srina, be our lookout. We don't need any interruptions." He requests of those party members. No way it is this easy. There's always a catch. No way someone leaves a full warehouse of unguarded and untrapped. What's the angle? He will motion for the rest to stay back while Pavo is at work.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

The towering Shoanti nearly bursts with anticipation.

"What should I do big guy?", he asks.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Andrazi looks up at the towering Shoanti with surprise at his enthusiasm. "Just watch my back, kid. I don't feel like being shot or stabbed today."

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

The massive youth looses his equally massive hammer and holds it at his side,"You got it!"

Tanrov dutifully scans the area for danger.

Perception
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Grand Lodge

Bringing up the rear Pavo takes in his surroundings before going to the door.
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Grinning at Andrazi he steps past him and checks the door for surprises, reflecting on his recent training in tomb-raiding. 'Amazing how it can be applied to more recent structures as well.' he mulls as he checks the doors crevices, it's lock and it's bolts.

Perception; trapfinding; 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
and disable deviceif it's locked or trapped; 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Grand Lodge

Hekirin looks at Andrazi for a few seconds then turns, following Pavo to to the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

DM_the Loreweaver:
Dice rolls for Disable device if needed. 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Fighter 1

Srina glowers at Andrazi. "I will keep watch outside, but do not presume to give me orders."

Perception, outdoors: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Then don't think of it as an order. Think of it as a request from someone who would appreciate cooperation from someone as pretty as you."Andrazi smiles in an attempt to calm the elven girl.

1 to 50 of 972 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM_the_Loreweaver's First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.