Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM-Tareth's Modified Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master Tareth


401 to 450 of 2,823 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Donal and Burdo both look at the rattling bridge. Shaking his head Donal says "We'll need to take a closer look at that bridge in order to see if it's sturdy enough for any of us to make the crossing."

Burdo nods his head in agreement. "Aye, it may be if we take it careful like Kams mentioned we'll be okay. But maybe not. If I can get a good look, I might be able to figure out a way to help stabilize the structure just a bit to allow us to cross with a little more safety."

Noticing the others wary movements, and drawn weapons, Donal's brow furrows as he asks, "Unless there's some other danger we need to be concerned with at the moment?"


P27 looks about right. Eagles would probably be circling. If one found something they would be making about a 30-40' radius circle over the point of interest.

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 1

As the ladies' wagon comes to a stop, Stephanus stands to get a view of the flood. He whistles in wonder, grabs his crossbow and hops down into the shallowest mud patch he can find.

Hearing the warnings of the others and seeing the dwarf cradling his little mixture of hellfire, Stephanus backs off the road and out of Porter's path.

"Perhaps the explosives are premature good dwarf?!"

I think I'm about 5 squares off the left margin, at y=17. If Duella and Ursula's wagon is after Donal's.


Warren: The eagles are circling over the creek and bridge as marked by the border from AD10:AL29.


Warren will summon a dolphin in AD26

Dolphin:

N Medium animal

Init +2; Senses blindsight 120 ft., low-light vision; Perception +9

Defense

AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +1 natural)

hp 13 (2d8+4)

Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

Offense

Speed swim 80 ft.

Melee slam +3 (1d4+2)

Statistics

Str 14, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 6

Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 14

Feats Weapon Finesse

Skills Perception +9, Swim +13; Racial Modifiers +4 Perception

SQ hold breath

Ecology

Environment any ocean

Organization solitary, pair, or pod (3–18)

Treasure none

Special Abilities

Hold Breath (Ex) A dolphin can hold its breath for a number of minutes equal to 6 times its Constitution score before it risks drowning.

Dolphins are social predators that hunt shallow seas and rivers in large family groups called pods. Sailors are fond of dolphins and frequently tell tales of dolphins saving drowning fishermen or killing sharks with blows from their powerful snouts.


Male Human Ranger

Kams will move to Y24, on guard against anything untowards.


Aliana moves back towards the wagons, dismounts, and readies her bow.

Ride check if needed:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


River Serpent Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
River Serpent Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Dolphin Perception1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Dolphin Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

The dolphin, taking a moment to adjust to being abruptly transferred from the warm, calm waters of the southern ocean to the cold, muddy, flood waters of the creek, let's out a startled series of high pitched chatter. (Much of this initial outburst from the dolphin is actually directed at its summoner and it is quite unsuitable for translation.) The cause for the little creatures alarm is the extremely large serpent with a multitude of very large teeth rapidly swimming in its direction.

For those above the surface, little is noticeable until a second or two after Warren completes his summoning spell. Then a splash erupts from the turbulent water near the bridge as a large, serpentine head breaks into the air for a moment and then quickly dives back below the surface followed by many, many feet of scaly body. Judging from the direction it was moving, it's heading straight for the dolphin.

Initiative everyone. Anyone with a ready bow can attempt a shot at the serpent, however, it does have Cover since most of it is below the surface at this time.


Elf Paladin 2

At the unexpected chatter of the dolphin, Thad refocuses his attention toward the river. He's startled for a moment when the serpent's head breaks the surface but quickly looses an arrow at it while the opportunity presents itself.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Attack w/bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d8 ⇒ 7


Aliana gasps in surprise as the roiling serpent breaks the surface. Instinct honed from hours of practice kicks in, however, as she bends the string to her ear and lets arrow fly

initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
As Warren watches the arrows fly at the serpent, he gives up hope of making friends with the serpent.
Warren directs the dolphin to attack the serpent from the surface and Tuney and Montey to attack as soon as the serpent surfaces.
Knowing the dolphin will go away soon, Warren immediately summons another to arrive at the start of next turn.
Dolphin attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Crit Conf 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 161d4 ⇒ 2

Tuney/Montey if serpent surfaces:

If Tuney and Montey can coordinate they can flank adding +2 each.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d4 ⇒ 11d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d4 ⇒ 1


Male Human Ranger

Kams will sheathe his sword and draw his bow, losing the round in the process.

Initiative:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Hold on blowing the dam, this beast may do the work for us if we can but drive him into it.

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 1

Stephanus cuts the dangerous dwarf a wide berth then hurries forward when he catches wind of what's happened up at the front of the caravan. He loads his crossbow and sights the weapon, watching to anticipate the serpent's movement through the water.

Moving to (O,17) in round 1.

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Not sure which is relevant category for identifying the creature.
Knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


The dolphin decides to take the offensive and delivers a solid blow to the side of the creatures head.

Fulton, Donal, Burdo and most of the other settlers all stare, surprised by the appearance of the massive serpent. Porter, realizing he may be a little premature, carefully walks back to his wagon to repack his explosive. The oldest Meyerson girl pulls out a bow and strings it with easy confidence. Then stands on the seat, arrow nocked, waiting for the creature to resurface.

Thad gets off a quick shot burying a shaft deep into the serpent's flesh before it disappears below the surface.

Alaina, startled by the creature's appearance fires off an arrow, but it sails over the body and drops harmlessly into the creek.

Warren's eagles circle overhead waiting for a chance to strike, but the creature doesn't resurface again as it concentrates on the tough little dolphin.

DM Rolls:
Serpent Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Serpent Bite Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Settlers Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Serpent HP 4d12 + 10 ⇒ (5, 9, 3, 1) + 10 = 28

Shaking off the dolphin's first strike, the serpents delivers it's own savage bite. It's teeth sink deep into the summoned creatures flesh before it manages to slip away from the serpents grasp.

Stephanus:
You manage to get a good enough look at the creature that you are certain it is a Giant River Serpent. An unusual cross between a sea serpent and giant snake. Bred to be stronger and more cunning than the typical giant snake, but much weaker than a full blood serpent. Depending on the specific breed, they can be poisonous. Oddly, they are not known to inhabit streams this small, as they typically take up residence in much larger rivers near medium or large cities where there is usually plenty of food.

Round Two

Initiative Order
Dolphin - 21
Stephanus - 20
Settlers - 18
Thad - 16
Alaina - 16
Warren - 14
Kams - 12
Serpent - 8
Tityanna - ???
Zavac - ???


Male Human Ranger

If the opportunity presents...

Combat:
Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

If not, Kams will spend the turn holding the attack action until an opening is sighted.

Bows are not Kams' strong suit.


Warren waits for his second dolphin to appear as he watches his first dolphin return from where it cames having given as good as it got.
Only added 2 to STR and CON, should have added 4 and the critical hit didn't add damage mods - dolpin should have hit for 4 more damage last round for a total of 11 from the dolphin.

dolphin 2:

N Medium animal
Init +2; Senses blindsight 120 ft., low-light vision; Perception +9
Defense
AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 15 (2d8+6)

Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Offense

Speed swim 80 ft.

Melee slam +4 (1d4+3)

Statistics
Str 16, Dex 15, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 14
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Perception +9, Swim +13; Racial Modifiers +4 Perception
SQ hold breath

Ecology

Environment any ocean

Organization solitary, pair, or pod (3–18)

Treasure none

Special Abilities

Hold Breath (Ex) A dolphin can hold its breath for a number of minutes equal to 6 times its Constitution score before it risks drowning.


New summoned dolphin will charge the serpent (+2 hit, -2AC)
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Warren readies a shot from the crossbow if the creature surfaces and Tuney and Montey prepare to strike
if serpent surfaces:

Warren 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d8 ⇒ 6


Elf Paladin 2

Thad watches the countryside warily, ready for the serpent to resurface or to shout a warning about any other danger that might present itself.

Move action: deliberately keep an eye on our surroundings in case something decides to take advantage of our distraction. Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Standard action: Ready an action to shoot at the serpent if it surfaces again 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d8 ⇒ 5

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 1

Stephanus walks forward, holding his shot while his mind races through the taxonomies he's read. He clears his throat, then begins expounding on the qualities of the Greater River Serpent of northern Avistan.

Bardic Performance naturalist gives everyone +1 to attacks, AC, and saves against this monster. Probably not the dolphins, though :(

"Odd place for such a specimen, isn't it friends? Such a potent example of its species, caught up in flood waters created by a fabricated obstruction?"

"This monster came from upstream?" he calls over to Warren.

stats:
rnd 1, hp9, ac 19, naturalist insight
bardic performance used 1/13


rnd 2Aliana readies an action: to fire an arrow at the serpent when it becomes visible.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


The waters churn as the serpent and dolphins tangle furiously beneath the surface. The second dolphin lands another solid blow, but like its companion also suffers a nasty strike from the serpent.

During the struggle the serpents body rapidly appears above the surface only to drop back under a second or two later. The young Alexis Meyerson sends sends a shaft towards the serpent, but it only hits water. Both Alaina and Thad manage to land solid blows during the brief opportunity as two more arrows pierce the creatures hide before it slips back into the water.

The eagles trying to follow Warren's instructions swoop down on the serpent, Tuney judges badly and only catches a bit of water. Monty lands a glancing hit causing little damage as the creatures tough hide keeps the claws from sinking deep.

The rest of the settlers recover from their initial surprise, but are unable to offer much assistance. Instead Donal, Fulton, and Burdo all see to the wagons, and make sure the horses don't bolt.

DM Rolls:
Serpent Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Serpent Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Alexis Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Ursula Leveton - Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Sari Meyerson - Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Duella Bluefoot - Percpetion 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Porter Deepsilver - Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Sari Meyerson pokes her head out of the wagon and points in the direction of the partially hidden pathway. "What's that over there?"

Perception DC17:
You catch a glimpse of movement and the color blue in the tall grass and brush to the west. It's tough to tell in the wind, rain and noise, but it certainly looked like someone trying to sneak up on the group.


Elf Paladin 2

Thad's continues to keep watch over the caravan as he waits for the serpent to surface again. His keen elven eyes latch on to the bit of movement after Sari's question brings it to his attention. He bellows out, "You there! Show yourself! It'll mean your life if you come any closer without identifying yourself!

Perception check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Readied attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d8 ⇒ 2 to fire on the figure hiding to the west, if it approaches any closer without identifying itself or takes an obviously hostile action


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Tityanna mind is spinning. Watching Warren and Kams moving off by themselves, she wonders if she had even spoken the words that she thought in their direction before they left, or if it were a dream. When Donal moves forward to investigate the bridge, she begins moving with him, her eyes shifting to perceive any possible threat. A more clever rouse for an ambush I have never seen she muses, sparing one last glance for Warren and Kams so far from the caravan.

Tityanna Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

When Sari peeks her head out of the wagon, Tityanna's heart skips several beats. She turns towards the direction indicated, and her catlike eyes narrow.

"Remain hidden," Tityanna hisses at Sari and begins moving towards the path [ooc]Put her at R15. "Protect the cargo!" Tityanna states generally, praying that their true opponents have not been observing long enough to know that the caravan boasts children.


Warren notes Tityanna's distress and realizes the serpent is not likely to surface soon, so he rushes back to the new distraction. With a quick whistle he sends the eagles to scout the new threat.

"Alianna and Thad, you can keep watch for the serpent. My skills are better suited for up close and personal."


After Thad's shout, the area to the northwest erupts with several hoots and hollers as several bandits emerge from their hidden positions and slowly move toward the caravan using the trees and brush as cover. There's one at the back of the group that seems to be encouraging the others forward.

Thad's initial shot just misses the nearest bandit as he ducks to the side at the last moment.

Bandit Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Bandit Leader Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Bandits - Standard Move and Total Defence for +4AC

Round Three

Initiative Order
Dolphin - 21
Bandits - 21
Stephanus - 20
Tityanna - 20
Settlers - 18
Thad - 16
Alaina - 16
Warren - 14
Kams - 12
Bandit Leader - 12
Serpent - 8


Warren will sprint to X13 drawing scimitar and shield.


Elf Paladin 2

In Thad's experience, men like these rarely had the courage to press the attack once they were bloodied. Acutely conscious of the children in the wagon next to him, Thad prays for a quick victory as he takes aim at the leader of this raiding party and lets his arrow fly.

Swift action: Smite Evil on bandit leader
Standard action: Fire longbow at bandit leader (-2 penalty for range) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Move action: Continue to look around for any additional threats 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Rnd 3:

Hearing the shouts of warning from her companions, Aliana spares a glance away from the river. Moving forward so she can peek around the corner of the wagon, she follows the gaze of the others to spot the oncoming bandits. Seconds after Thad looses his arrow, she sends one of her own in swift pursuit, the feathered shaft speeding towards the bandit leader. She mutters angrily to herself as even as the arrow leaves the sting, sensing that the shot was off and would fly wide. That's twice today Aliana, take your time, focus!

Actions: move to R18, fire one arrow at BL:
1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 2 = 131d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 1

Seeing the charging brigands and regretting his forgotten shield, Stephanus reverses course and hustles toward the back of the caravan. The dwarves, Ursula, the entire rear of the caravan is exposed! Move to I17.

Once the tree is out of the way, Stephanus levels his crossbow at the closest bandit and fires the shot.

I think he's within the 80' by the end of my move.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
1d8 ⇒ 3 damage

stats:
rnd 2, hp9, ac 16 vs bandits
bardic performance used 1/13


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

As her companions loose arrows at the instigator, Tityanna moves forward to have a better vantage of the field, and begins gathering her power to herself.

"If any of these foes should fall, do not wake them!" she warns the archers.

Actions:

Move: 30 ft to Q21
Standard: Cast Sleep to be completed/placed at the beginning of her next turn.


Male Human Ranger

On the thrid round, Kams will move towards S24, launching an arrow at the nearest foe, B4.

Combat:
+2 vs Humans, -2 due to range, 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Shouting, Kams calls, Sound the horn, call back the outriders.

Bluff:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


DM Rolls and Actions:

Water Group
Dolphin Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Serpent Attack(31): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Serpent Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Serpent Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Land Group
Bandit One(3): Move to G25. Attack Stephanus(AC18) with Longbow 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Bandit Two: Move to B24. Total Defense(+4 AC).
Bandit Three: Move to D29. Total Defense(+4 AC).
Bandit Four: Move to F28. Total Defense(+4 AC).
Bandit Leader(2): Move to E30. Attack Tityanna(AC16) with Comp. Longbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Donal: Double Move to S19
Burdo: Double Move to R16
Fulton: Dismount and Move to U19
Porter: Move to Q14. Prepare Bomb.
Alexis: Attack Serpent 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Zavac: Moves to S17. Cast Bless.

In the river the dolphin and serpent wrestle in a desperate struggle until the serpent executes a vicious strike, it's teeth ripping horrible gashes and punctures all along the mammal's poor body. The shock of the blow leaves the creature unconscious and dying at the mercy of the serpent.

On land, the bandits continue to move toward the caravan. The closest one, steps forward and launches an arrow at Stephanus as he moves to protect Ursula and Duella near the rear of the caravan. Fortunately for him, the attack is well off the mark.

The other three bandits, being farther away and a bit more cautious, continue to bob and weave making themselves more difficult to target while trying to get a little closer.

Stephanus, answering the bandit's fire raises his crossbow and sends a bolt into the one who shot at him causing the scoundrel to cry out in pain as the shaft slips through his defenses.

At the same time Tityanna steps forward, the air simmering with magical energy as the incantations roll across her lips.

Upon seeing a more manageable foe, the settlers break into action. Donal, Burdo and Fulton all draw their weapons and move to form a rough skirmish line to protect the children and the wagons. Porter moves forward and begins mixing a few alchemical solutions together. Alexis tries another shot at the serpent when it appears again, but to no avail.

Focusing on the leader, Thad fires another arrow, which barely slips through the man's armor. Alaina, Warren and Kams all move to intercept the bandits. Alaina manages to get an arrow away, but it lands just a little short of the bandit leader.

The leader, seeing Tityanna step into the open, moves up and fires an arrow. The shaft strikes true, hitting the young woman with a nasty shot through the shoulder. Seeing the arrow hit Tityanna, Donal lets out a fierce yell as he focuses a look of pure anger and hatred on the bandit leader.

Round Four


I completely misread the map and thought the bandits were north of the caravan--hence my mad rush to the caravan--can you adjust my position next to Kams. My plan was to engage them in melee ASAP.


Male Human Ranger

On the fourth round, Kams will move action towards M24, launching an arrow at the nearest foe, B1.

Combat:
+2 vs Humans, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Current AC 16, HP 11

Flee varlets, while you may, he shouts, lightly tossing the bow aside in M24 as a free action.

Edit: The bow is not Kams' weapon of choice.


Elf Paladin 2

The woman had walked up to a band of marauders without so much as a scrap of armor! Whatever that chanting had been meant to do, it certainly hadn't protected her...

Donal is not the only one stirred to action by Tityanna's injury, Thad brings his mount forward to shield the injured sorceress while loosing another arrow at the bandit leader.

Actions and conditions:
HP: 9/11
AC 17 (20 vs bandit leader)
Smite evil: vs BL, if BL is evil gives +3 to hit, +1 to damage. Ignore DR. Double damage if evil outsider or dragon (I *really* hope I don't do double damage...), +3 AC/CMD vs BL.

Mount move action: Move to P22
Thad's move action: Still on the lookout for surprises (perception) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Thad's standard action: Fire arrow at bandit leader 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

I find it ironic that the elf has the worst perception check in the party. Got to love those keen elven senses!


round 4

1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 2 = 81d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 what is with these rolls? :P

Aliana fires another arrow that flies wide. She snarls and moves forward, pulling another arrow from the quiver as she does. I think my string may be slack from all this wet. She moves in front of the wounded Tityana to help shield her while sighting for another shot....

actions: fire an arrow at BL, move up until she is 10 ft in front of Tityana and between her and the bandits.


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna Concentration Check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 oh wow, nice.

Tityanna, badly wounded, nigh staggering with pain manages to complete her incantation and centers her Sleep spell at E29 to affect the bandit leader and those around him.

Bandit Leader, and Bandits 3 and 4 must make a Will Saving Throw DC 17 or fall helpless.

Current Status:

Tityanna AC 11
HP 1/8


Elf Paladin 2

Since Tityanna acts before Thad, he would heed her words and fire at a different enemy if the leader is affected by her spell. Not that it will make a difference with a roll like that...

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 1

stats:
rnd 2, hp9, ac 16, bless
bardic performance used 1/13

DM: In your 'DM rolls and actions' section you gave me AC 18, but without the shield its AC 16. Still moving to rectify that...

Feeling lucky at his first shot and even moreso for the bandit archer's first attempt, Stephanus continues moving to the back of the caravan. As he moves he resets the bow and reaches for another bolt. His shield sits just inside the last wagon.

Moving to C16.


DM Rolls:

Kams: 1-3 / Warren: 4-6 1d6 ⇒ 3
Bandit 1 - Standard Action: Attack Kams(AC16) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Bandit 2 - Standard Action: Attack Stephanus(AC16) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Bandit 2 Damage 1d8 ⇒ 3
Bandit 3 - Standard Action: Attack Warren(AC18) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Bandit 3 Damage 1d8 ⇒ 5
Bandit 4 - Standard Action: Attack Warren(AC18) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Bandit Leader - Will(DC17) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Bandit 3 - Will(DC17) 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Bandit 4 - Will(DC17) 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

Donal - Move to Q22
Fulton - Move to R23
Burdo - Full Move to O21
Porter - Move to L20
Porter - Throw Bomb at Bandit 1(AC13) 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 2 = 11
Bomb Miss - 1d8 ⇒ 2 Lands at I25

The bandits launch a sloppy and uncoordinated volley, but do manage a couple of hits as Stephanus and Warren both feel the sting of an arrow slipping through their armor.

Just after the volley, Tityanna completes her casting and the tendrils of her magical energy reach out and soothe the minds of all those in the area into a deep sleep. The two furthest bandits and the leader all stumble and fall to the ground, sound asleep.

Donal steps up to take a protective stance in front of Tityanna using his body to prevent any further arrows from reaching the woman. At the same time, Fulton moves into position at the smith's side forming a rough defensive line. Burdo, his short legs pumping hard, fills the gap on the other side of Thad who moves into position with Donal completing a protective 'wall' around the badly wounded mage.

Porter with a slight look of glee in his eye throws a sputtering container at the closest bandit. The throw goes a little wide as the bomb strikes the ground just in front of Kams and Warren exploding with a loud roar as flames briefly cover the area. Fortunately no one is harmed.

Thad, Alaina, and Kams all send arrows flying toward the bandits who are still standing only to see all three shots miss the mark.

Warren senses the end of the dolphin's existence as the serpent devours the poor creature in a couple of quick bites.

Round Five


Elf Paladin 2

With Tityanna's spell drastically changing the tide of the battle, Thad shouts at the bandits still on their feet "Surrender! Blood has been spilled but no lives have been lost- we can offer mercy if you throw down your weapons!"

If they stop pressing the fight immediately Thad will hold his fire, otherwise he shoots at the bandits.

Attack roll @ B2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d8 ⇒ 1


Male Human Ranger

Kams will move action to H24, drawing his longsword as a free action.
As he arrives, he will attack the bandit B1, shouting, Leave these to me, watch for others to the rear. Turning to the bandit, Let's dance.

Combat:
AC16, HP 11 Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Favored enemy bonus added

Edit:
Intimidation Check if allowed, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Roll to avoid a fumble, and to not look too foolish, 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Seeing that her spell has had an effect in this encounter, Tityanna sighs and allows herself to feel the pain in her shoulder.

She whispers to Thad, directly in front of her,

Thad, Perception DC 25:

"Do not allow their allies to wake them."

and readies an action to cast Daze should any previously unseen enemies threaten her companions at its range.

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 1

Spoiler:
rnd 5, hp6, ac 18 (w/ shield), bless
bardic performance used 1/13

Stephanus steps to the back of the wagon, fires his crossbow at the nearest bandit B2?, then drops the weapon into the wagon next to his shield.

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
damage 1d8 ⇒ 6

I'm pushing the envelope with what can be done in a turn here, but I think that's a No Action, a Standard, and a free. If that leaves me a move-equivalent action still...

Stephanus slides his arm into the shield grips and swings the board around to face the enemy archers.


Warren charges to H26 and helps Kams dispatch the bandit.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 (-2 AC for charging)

Montey and Tuney the other concsious bandit (B1) at Warren's direction.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d4 ⇒ 31d4 ⇒ 2


DM Rolls:

Astrid: Attack Serpent(AC15) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Alexis: Animal Handling(DC17) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Stephanus skewers the bandit with a crossbow bolt and the man drops to the ground bleeding profusely.

Seeing all of his companions suddenly fall the final bandit, acknowledges Thad's shout for surrender by throwing up his arms and shouting "Mercy! I'll not strike again!" He falls to his knees as Kams and Warren both approach.

Near the river, Alexis let's loose another arrow, while shouting a quick warning as the serpent slithers onto the muddy shore. The girl's arrow miss again, but the creature has clearly been in a tough fight. One side of its head is badly torn and bleeding and several arrows are still stuck in the long body, but its desire for fresh meat continues to drive it forward.

Seeing the giant reptile, the horses let loose a loud chorus of frightened squeals. Andrea Meyerson tries to calm the animals and back the wagon away from the approaching serpent, but their fear is too great and they could bolt at any moment.


Male Human Ranger

As Warren is likely to react before Kams, I'll let him react to the serpent and move to render aid to the others, leaving Kams to secure the prisoner.

Mores the pity, but I will not dishonor their offer of mercy, he says, walking up around the bandit, weapon at the ready, Hands behind your back..

He then suddenly reacts violently, launching a rounding blow, his fist clenched tightly around his sword's hilt, at the back of the bandit's head.

Combat:
Nonlethal Attack to render unconscious, -4 to hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Nonlethal Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 I don't know what situational modifiers might otherwise apply, opponent on his knees, etc. Kams AC16, HP11 in case of AoO for bandit.

Ok, maybe not dishonor, just smudge up a bit.

Leaning down at the bandit, I REALLY dislike bandit scum.


Aliana turns at the sound of Alexi's shout, suddenly remembering the serpent. Seeing the hideous creature making its way towards the wagons, she quickly brings bow up and fires upon it.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 101d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Aliana silently wonders if bare fists might not be more effective...


Warren realizes he needs to rush back and sprints to S16.

He sends the eagles aloft so they can attack with him too.

"Kams, I think you got them here."


Elf Paladin 2

Trusting Kams to secure the surrendered bandit, Thad turns and fires an arrow at the beast.

He sets his bow aside and draws his sword as it becomes apparent that his and Aliana's arrows aren't going to keep the serpent from the wagon.

Fire at serpent: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Free action: Drop bow
Move action: Draw sword

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 1

Stephanus takes a double move to slip between two wagons and advance up the far side of the caravan, scanning the brush-line north of the road for any deeper layer to this ambush. Move to M13.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

stats:
rnd 6, hp 6, ac 18, bless
bardic performance used 1/13

401 to 450 of 2,823 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM - Tareth's Modified Kingmaker Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.